|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 71-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did "Saturday Night in the City" take place?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
2. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
(a) The book of Job.
(b) The Seattle Times.
(c) The book of Revelation.
(d) The New York Times.
3. Thompson claimed, in "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat," that the most successful dog fighters make up to how much money in a night?
4. In "The Doctor Will See You Now," Thompson received a letter from whom?
(a) CBS News.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Ralph Steadman.
5. In "The Hellfire Club," Thompson compared politicians' and evangelists' affairs to British men in what century?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who won the Superbowl in "Meat Sickness?"
2. What was the name of Thompson's girlfriend?
3. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
4. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
5. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)