|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 71-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
(a) Wolf Blitzer.
(b) Dan Rather.
(c) Dan Roberts.
(d) Dan Hinkle.
2. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
3. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
(a) The Oscar Award.
(b) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(c) The "Journalist in Space" program.
(d) The "Journalist Abroad" program.
4. Who did Thompson hope would send him to South Africa in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) The Chronicle.
(b) The Examiner.
(c) The Sun.
(d) The Post.
5. Where did Thompson travel in "The Gonzo Salvage Co.?"
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Filipino president discussed in "Memo from the War Room?"
2. What National Hurricane Center director did Thompson attack in "Revenge of the Fish Heads?"
3. What was Thompson's girlfriend getting a tattoo of in "Saturday Night in the City"?
4. What time did Thompson receive a phone call in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
5. What was the Captain's name in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)