|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 71-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson hope would send him to South Africa in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) The Sun.
(b) The Chronicle.
(c) The Examiner.
(d) The Post.
2. In "Last Train from Chicago," Thompson met a man who claimed to be friends with whom?
(a) President Reagan.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John Madden.
(d) James Adams.
3. What did Thompson write are always available in hotel rooms, in his Introduction?
4. What was the name of the Filipino president discussed in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Tonton Macoute.
(b) Baby Doc Duvalier.
(c) Ferdinand Marcos.
(d) Andre Ferdinando.
5. In "The Doctor Will See You Now," Thompson received a letter from whom?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Ralph Steadman.
(c) CBS News.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Hellfire Club" discussed the sexual scandals of the televangelists Jimmy Swaggart and who else?
2. What was the Captain's name in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
3. What movie did Thompson attend in "A Generation of Swine?"
4. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
5. Where did Thompson travel in "The Gonzo Salvage Co.?"
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)