|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 71-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
(a) Political strategist.
(b) News anchor.
2. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
3. What was the name of the Filipino president discussed in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Ferdinand Marcos.
(b) Baby Doc Duvalier.
(c) Tonton Macoute.
(d) Andre Ferdinando.
4. Where did Thompson go with Doug and Terrence in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) A strip club.
(b) A gift shop.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A restaurant.
5. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
(b) Northern Ireland.
(c) Vesco Island.
(d) Elba Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson conclude was the obvious front runner in the primaries in "Off with Their Heads?"
2. In "The Doctor Will See You Now," Thompson received a letter from whom?
3. What was Thompson following in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
4. At what university was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
5. What Haitian dictator had fallen, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)