|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 71-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie did Thompson attend in "A Generation of Swine?"
(a) Rocky VI.
(c) Rocky IV.
(d) Rocky II.
2. Where did Thompson live during the writing of Generation of Swine?
(a) Woody Creek, CO.
(b) Denver, CO.
(c) Seattle, WA.
(d) San Francisco, CA.
3. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
(b) Watching movies.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Testing their health.
4. Who did Thompson hope would send him to South Africa in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) The Sun.
(b) The Examiner.
(c) The Chronicle.
(d) The Post.
5. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
(a) The Oscar Award.
(b) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(c) The "Journalist Abroad" program.
(d) The "Journalist in Space" program.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which politician was caught having extramarital affairs in the 1988 election?
2. Who did Thompson discover was withdrawing from the race in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
3. Where was Thompson trying to go in "Last Train from Chicago?"
4. What was Thompson's heart rate in "A Generation of Swine?"
5. What Haitian dictator had fallen, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)