|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 40-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Gary Hart.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Frank Zappa.
2. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
(a) The "Journalist in Space" program.
(b) The Oscar Award.
(c) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(d) The "Journalist Abroad" program.
3. Which politician was caught having extramarital affairs in the 1988 election?
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Gary Hart.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Patrick Buchanan.
4. Where did Thompson go with Doug and Terrence in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) A gift shop.
(b) A strip club.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A restaurant.
5. What was Thompson following in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
(a) A lead on Nixon.
(b) A fox.
(c) A whale.
(d) A trout.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson discover was withdrawing from the race in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
2. What was Thompson's girlfriend getting a tattoo of in "Saturday Night in the City"?
3. Who did Thompson conclude was the obvious front runner in the primaries in "Off with Their Heads?"
4. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
5. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)