|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 40-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what university was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) New York University.
(b) Columbia University.
(c) Berkeley University.
(d) Concordia University.
2. Where was Thompson in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
(a) East of San Francisco.
(b) North of San Francisco.
(c) In Oregon.
(d) In Los Angeles.
3. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
(b) Northern California.
(d) Martha's Vineyard.
4. Who did Thompson hope would send him to South Africa in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) The Sun.
(b) The Post.
(c) The Chronicle.
(d) The Examiner.
5. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
(a) The book of Revelation.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Seattle Times.
(d) The book of Job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
2. Where did "Saturday Night in the City" take place?
3. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
4. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
5. In "The Doctor Will See You Now," Thompson received a letter from whom?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)