|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 40-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Hellfire Club" discussed the sexual scandals of the televangelists Jimmy Swaggart and who else?
(a) Jim Bakker.
(b) Gary Hart.
(c) Billy Graham.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
2. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
(c) News anchor.
(d) Political strategist.
3. Who called Thompson in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
(d) CBS News.
4. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
(a) Northern California.
(b) Martha's Vineyard.
5. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) Vanessa Williams.
(b) Teri Fischer.
(c) Jennifer Lee.
(d) Farah Fawcett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did Thompson receive a phone call in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
2. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
3. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
4. Where did Thompson go with Doug and Terrence in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
5. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)