|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 40-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thompson demand the latest numbers on, in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
(a) Gubernatorial races.
(b) House races.
(c) Senate races.
(d) Presidential race.
2. What was Thompson's heart rate in "A Generation of Swine?"
3. Who did Thompson say was gored by a buffalo in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor?"
4. Where did Thompson go with Doug and Terrence in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A strip club.
(d) A gift shop.
5. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) Vanessa Williams.
(b) Jennifer Lee.
(c) Teri Fischer.
(d) Farah Fawcett.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Hellfire Club," Thompson compared politicians' and evangelists' affairs to British men in what century?
2. What was Thompson following in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
3. Who did Thompson discover was withdrawing from the race in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
4. Where did "Saturday Night in the City" take place?
5. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)