|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 40-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Testing their health.
(d) Watching movies.
2. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
(c) Political strategist.
(d) News anchor.
3. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The book of Job.
(c) The book of Revelation.
(d) The Seattle Times.
4. What was the name of Thompson's girlfriend?
(a) Andra Lee.
(b) Mary Lee.
(c) Sarah Khan.
(d) Maria Khan.
5. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
(a) CBS News.
(b) NBC News.
(c) FOX News.
(d) ABC News.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Thompson in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
2. "The Hellfire Club" discussed the sexual scandals of the televangelists Jimmy Swaggart and who else?
3. What did Thompson write are always available in hotel rooms, in his Introduction?
4. Who called Thompson in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
5. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)