|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 40-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
(a) FOX News.
(b) CBS News.
(c) NBC News.
(d) ABC News.
2. Where was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) New York.
3. What time did Thompson receive a phone call in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
(a) 2 a.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 1 a.m.
4. What National Hurricane Center director did Thompson attack in "Revenge of the Fish Heads?"
(a) Dr. Michael Warren.
(b) Dr. Neil Frank.
(c) Dr. Stephen Paulson.
(d) Dr. James Frost.
5. Which politician was caught having extramarital affairs in the 1988 election?
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Patrick Buchanan.
(d) Gary Hart.
Short Answer Questions
1. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
2. Who did Thompson hope would send him to South Africa in "The Worst People in the World?"
3. Where did Thompson live during the writing of Generation of Swine?
4. In "The Hellfire Club," Thompson compared politicians' and evangelists' affairs to British men in what century?
5. "The Hellfire Club" discussed the sexual scandals of the televangelists Jimmy Swaggart and who else?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)