|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 40-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Thompson go with Doug and Terrence in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A gift shop.
(c) A strip club.
(d) A coffee shop.
2. What time did Thompson receive a phone call in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
(a) 1 a.m.
(b) 2 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
3. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
4. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
(a) The Oscar Award.
(b) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(c) The "Journalist Abroad" program.
(d) The "Journalist in Space" program.
5. In "The Hellfire Club," Thompson compared politicians' and evangelists' affairs to British men in what century?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson say was gored by a buffalo in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor?"
2. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
3. Where did Thompson live during the writing of Generation of Swine?
4. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
5. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)