|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 40-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(b) New York.
2. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
(b) Political strategist.
(c) News anchor.
3. Who did Thompson hope would send him to South Africa in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) The Post.
(b) The Chronicle.
(c) The Examiner.
(d) The Sun.
4. What was Thompson's girlfriend getting a tattoo of in "Saturday Night in the City"?
5. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
(a) The book of Revelation.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The book of Job.
(d) The Seattle Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
2. In "The Hellfire Club," Thompson compared politicians' and evangelists' affairs to British men in what century?
3. Who did Thompson say was gored by a buffalo in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor?"
4. "The Hellfire Club" discussed the sexual scandals of the televangelists Jimmy Swaggart and who else?
5. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)