|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 40-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
2. Who did Thompson say was gored by a buffalo in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor?"
3. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Gary Hart.
(d) Frank Zappa.
4. At what university was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) Berkeley University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Concordia University.
(d) Columbia University.
5. Which politician was caught having extramarital affairs in the 1988 election?
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Patrick Buchanan.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Gary Hart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson discover was withdrawing from the race in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
2. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
3. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
4. Who did Thompson conclude was the obvious front runner in the primaries in "Off with Their Heads?"
5. What was Thompson's heart rate in "A Generation of Swine?"
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)