Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 284-313.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thompson's friend ask him to do, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
(a) Fly the plane.
(b) Kill someone.
(c) Hold a bag.
(d) Arrest someone.
2. Thompson argues that for years the Chinese government had tried to eliminate what but failed, in "Down to a Sunless Sea?"
3. Who did Thompson hope would send him to South Africa in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) The Post.
(b) The Sun.
(c) The Examiner.
(d) The Chronicle.
4. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) A glacier.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) Great Salt Lake.
5. In "Ronald Reagan is Doomed," Thompson wrote that people were already fleeing the Reagan Administration because of what?
(a) Iran-Contra scandal.
(b) Watergate scandal.
(c) Gary Hart scandal.
(d) Chirnobyl disaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boca Chica was the most popular bar where?
2. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind?"
3. In "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs," Thompson compared the implosion of Gary Hart's political career to what?
4. "Crazy Patrick and Big Al" refered to Patrick Buchanan and who?
5. At what university was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)