Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 194-223.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thompson claimed, in "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat," that the most successful dog fighters make up to how much money in a night?
2. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) A glacier.
(c) Great Salt Lake.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
3. Who did Thompson say was gored by a buffalo in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor?"
4. What Haitian dictator had fallen, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
(a) Pierre Beaudrioux.
(b) Baby Dontiole.
(c) Doc Dontiole.
(d) Baby Doc Duvalier.
5. In "Dealing with Pigs," Thompson doubted there was a connection between violence and what?
(c) Gun laws.
(d) Video games.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson conclude was the obvious front runner in the primaries in "Off with Their Heads?"
2. Where did Thompson fly to, in "Strictly Business?"
3. What mercenary was caught in Nicaragua, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
4. In "Lester Maddox Lives," Thompson was horrified that an openly _____ governor was still a respected political figure.
5. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)