Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 103-133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Frank Zappa.
(c) Gary Hart.
(d) George Bush.
2. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
(a) Martha's Vineyard.
(d) Northern California.
3. Where was Thompson in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
(a) In Los Angeles.
(b) East of San Francisco.
(c) In Oregon.
(d) North of San Francisco.
4. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
(a) The "Journalist Abroad" program.
(b) The Oscar Award.
(c) The "Journalist in Space" program.
(d) The Nobel Peace Prize.
5. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
2. What concert did Thompson watch on "Memo from the War Room?"
3. Thompson claimed, in "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat," that the most successful dog fighters make up to how much money in a night?
4. What Haitian dictator had fallen, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
5. How much was the stranger selling the bike for, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)