|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 254-283.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson discover was behind the breaking of the Gary Hart scandal in "The Time of the Geek?"
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Joe Tydings.
(d) Edward Walton.
2. In "The Doctor Will See You Now," Thompson received a letter from whom?
(a) Ralph Steadman.
(b) CBS News.
(c) Richard Nixon.
3. Who was the "plunderer" in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
(a) Crazy Mean Brian.
(c) Crazy Bob.
4. Who claimed his wife was dying in "Doomed Love in the Rockies?"
5. Thompson was critical of the government's spending on what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
(b) Wall Street.
(d) Social reform.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Loved Ones," who was considered for a furlough that was ultimately denied because of a public outcry?
2. In "The Trickle-Down Theory," Thompson suggested there was a strong possibility Reagan would what?
3. Who was the only person Thompson saw who could have benefited from the Iran-Contra scandal?
4. Cromwell offered to race his what against the motorcycle, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
5. Where was Thompson at the beginning of "Strictly Business?"
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)