|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 254-283.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which politician was caught having extramarital affairs in the 1988 election?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Gary Hart.
(c) Patrick Buchanan.
(d) Ed Meese.
2. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) Great Salt Lake.
(b) A glacier.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
3. What happened to Reagan's veto on sanctions in South Africa, in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
(a) It is enacted.
(b) It is rejected.
(c) It is overruled.
(d) It is dead in the water.
4. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
(a) A porn video.
(b) A contract.
(c) The Reagan Report.
(d) The Meese Report.
5. Who did Thompson's friend bet on in his Superbowl bet, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
(a) Chicago Bears.
(b) Denver Broncos.
(c) New York Giants.
(d) New England Patriots.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Ronald Reagan is Doomed," Thompson wrote that people were already fleeing the Reagan Administration because of what?
2. Who was the new White House Press Secretary in "New Blood on the Tracks?"
3. In "The Scum of the Earth," Thompson detailed a feud between Jerry Falwell, Jim Bakker, Pat Robertson and who?
4. Who did Thompson discover was withdrawing from the race in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
5. In "The Loved Ones," who was considered for a furlough that was ultimately denied because of a public outcry?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)