|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 254-283.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson believe would likely go to prison in Fort Leavenworth, in "The Lord and a Good Lawyer?"
(a) Oliver North.
(b) Jesse Jackson.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Patrick Buchanan.
2. After looking at the statistics in "A Wild and Crazy Guy," Thompson concluded that the Republicans would hold the White House for how long?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) A generation.
3. Who won the 1987 Super Bowl?
(a) Denver Broncos.
(b) New York Giants.
(c) Washington Redskins.
(d) Chicago Bears.
4. In "Lester Maddox Lives," Thompson was horrified that an openly _____ governor was still a respected political figure.
5. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind?"
(b) Clanson Sink.
(c) Donhay Disaster.
(d) Carson Sink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson hope would send him to South Africa in "The Worst People in the World?"
2. In "The Trickle-Down Theory," Thompson suggested there was a strong possibility Reagan would what?
3. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
4. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
5. Who did Thompson make a bet with, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)