|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 254-283.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was being sworn in as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, in "Strictly Business?"
(a) William Rehnquist.
(b) Andrew Sweitzer.
(c) Ed Meese.
(d) William Everett.
2. Where did Thompson live during the writing of Generation of Swine?
(a) Denver, CO.
(b) San Francisco, CA.
(c) Seattle, WA.
(d) Woody Creek, CO.
3. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson marveled at how fast the political landscape had changed in what amount of time?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 1 months.
(d) 2 months.
4. In "The Loved Ones," who was considered for a furlough that was ultimately denied because of a public outcry?
(a) Jesse James.
(b) Ted Kazinski.
(c) Mark David Chapman.
(d) John Hinckley.
5. What did Thompson assert had been dysfunctional for many years, in "Dance of the Seven Dwarfs?"
(a) The Congress.
(b) The United States.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) The Republican Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saw the scandals as a witch hunt against Ronald Reagan, in "God Bless Colonel North?"
2. Senator Daniel Inouye was a senator from where?
3. How much was the stranger selling the bike for, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
4. Who was the new White House Press Secretary in "New Blood on the Tracks?"
5. Who was the head of the CIA during the time the book was written?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)