|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 71-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie did Thompson attend in "A Generation of Swine?"
(b) Rocky VI.
(c) Rocky II.
(d) Rocky IV.
2. Where did Thompson go with Doug and Terrence in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) A gift shop.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A strip club.
3. What was the name of the Filipino president discussed in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Ferdinand Marcos.
(b) Tonton Macoute.
(c) Baby Doc Duvalier.
(d) Andre Ferdinando.
4. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
(a) The Oscar Award.
(b) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(c) The "Journalist Abroad" program.
(d) The "Journalist in Space" program.
5. Where was Thompson in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
(a) In Oregon.
(b) In Los Angeles.
(c) North of San Francisco.
(d) East of San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
2. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
3. At what university was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
4. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
5. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)