|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 71-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Watching movies.
(d) Testing their health.
2. In "Last Train from Chicago," Thompson met a man who claimed to be friends with whom?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) James Adams.
(c) John Madden.
(d) President Reagan.
3. What was Thompson's girlfriend getting a tattoo of in "Saturday Night in the City"?
4. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
(a) FOX News.
(b) CBS News.
(c) NBC News.
(d) ABC News.
5. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
(b) Martha's Vineyard.
(d) Northern California.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Thompson's heart rate in "A Generation of Swine?"
2. Which politician was caught having extramarital affairs in the 1988 election?
3. Where was Thompson in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
4. What was Thompson following in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
5. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)