|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 71-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
2. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Watching movies.
(d) Testing their health.
3. Who did Thompson conclude was the obvious front runner in the primaries in "Off with Their Heads?"
(a) Gary Hart.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Michael Dukakis.
(d) Joe Biden.
4. What was the name of the Filipino president discussed in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Baby Doc Duvalier.
(b) Andre Ferdinando.
(c) Ferdinand Marcos.
(d) Tonton Macoute.
5. Boca Chica was the most popular bar where?
(a) Key West.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson bet against in the Chicago Bears game in "Meat Sickness?"
2. Who was the "plunderer" in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
3. What concert did Thompson watch on "Memo from the War Room?"
4. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
5. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)