|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 71-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson hope would send him to South Africa in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) The Examiner.
(b) The Chronicle.
(c) The Sun.
(d) The Post.
2. Who did Thompson bet against in the Chicago Bears game in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) New Orleans Saints.
(b) New England Patriots.
(c) Seattle Mariners.
(d) New York Giants.
3. What movie did Thompson attend in "A Generation of Swine?"
(a) Rocky IV.
(b) Rocky II.
(c) Rocky VI.
4. What was Thompson's heart rate in "A Generation of Swine?"
5. In "The Doctor Will See You Now," Thompson received a letter from whom?
(b) Ralph Steadman.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) CBS News.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
2. Boca Chica was the most popular bar where?
3. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
4. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
5. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)