|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 71-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
(a) Dan Hinkle.
(b) Dan Roberts.
(c) Wolf Blitzer.
(d) Dan Rather.
2. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Northern Ireland.
(b) Elba Island.
(d) Vesco Island.
3. What did Thompson write are always available in hotel rooms, in his Introduction?
4. Based on whose seeming advice did Thompson place his bet in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
(b) Ralph Nader's.
(c) President Reagan's.
(d) The Pope.
5. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson hope would send him to South Africa in "The Worst People in the World?"
2. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
3. Who did Thompson bet against in the Chicago Bears game in "Meat Sickness?"
4. What National Hurricane Center director did Thompson attack in "Revenge of the Fish Heads?"
5. Where was Thompson trying to go in "Last Train from Chicago?"
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)