|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 162-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Thompson trying to go in "Last Train from Chicago?"
(b) New York.
2. Cromwell offered to race his what against the motorcycle, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
3. Thompson believed that who had a lesser chance of winning the election because he encouraged the Saudi Arabian government to raise oil prices?
(a) Gary Hart.
(b) Joe Biden.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Michael Dukakis.
4. "Dealing with Pigs" was Thompson's reaction to what?
(a) The Meese Report.
(b) The Reagan Report.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) The Stewart Report.
5. Who approached Thompson, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
(a) An off-duty police officer.
(b) An off-duty detective.
(c) An off-duty pilot.
(d) A drug officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Thompson traveling, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
2. What event did Thompson attend, in "A Clean, Ill-Lighted Place?"
3. What happened to Reagan's veto on sanctions in South Africa, in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
4. What new Dallas Cowboys' quarterback did Thompson bet on, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
5. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)