|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 162-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Last Train from Chicago," Thompson met a man who claimed to be friends with whom?
(a) President Reagan.
(b) John Madden.
(c) James Adams.
(d) Richard Nixon.
2. In "The South African Problem," Thompson suggested that Reagan was planning on doing what?
(a) Waging war on Iraq.
(b) Taking in Afrikaner refugees.
(c) Waging war on Northern Ireland.
(d) Waging war on South Africa.
3. Who did Thompson call in "The Woman from Kiev?"
(a) Frank Mankiewicz.
(b) Ralph Steadman.
(c) Sarah Stephens.
4. What was the Captain's name in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
(a) Crazy Bob.
5. In "Ronald Reagan is Doomed," Thompson wrote that people were already fleeing the Reagan Administration because of what?
(a) Chirnobyl disaster.
(b) Gary Hart scandal.
(c) Iran-Contra scandal.
(d) Watergate scandal.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Back to the Ormsby House" was Thompson's short take on the 1986 ______ elections.
2. Who was the only person Thompson saw who could have benefited from the Iran-Contra scandal?
3. Who did Thompson discover was withdrawing from the race in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
4. Where did Thompson live during the writing of Generation of Swine?
5. Who was being sworn in as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, in "Strictly Business?"
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)