|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 162-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) Vanessa Williams.
(b) Jennifer Lee.
(c) Farah Fawcett.
(d) Teri Fischer.
2. Who was Ronald Reagan meeting with in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
(a) The French President.
(b) The Polish President.
(d) The Chinese Dictator.
3. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Elba Island.
(b) Vesco Island.
(d) Northern Ireland.
4. Who did Thompson make a bet with, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Jack Parker.
(c) John Parker.
(d) Ralph Welch.
5. Where did Thompson live during the writing of Generation of Swine?
(a) Woody Creek, CO.
(b) Denver, CO.
(c) San Francisco, CA.
(d) Seattle, WA.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Thompson trying to go in "Last Train from Chicago?"
2. At what university was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
3. How did Thompson's friend catch trout, in "They All Drowned?"
4. "The Pro-Flogging View" was a response to a letter from whom?
5. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)