|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 162-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson call in "The Woman from Kiev?"
(a) Ralph Steadman.
(b) Sarah Stephens.
(c) Frank Mankiewicz.
2. Who saw the scandals as a witch hunt against Ronald Reagan, in "God Bless Colonel North?"
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Geoge Bush.
(c) Patrick Buchanan.
(d) Nancy Reagan.
3. Who did Thompson make a bet with, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Ralph Welch.
(b) John Parker.
(c) Jack Parker.
4. The man who sat next to Thompson on the plane in "Strictly Business" worked for what?
(a) Federal Bureau of Foreign Affairs.
(c) Federal Bureau of Prisons.
5. "Back to the Ormsby House" was Thompson's short take on the 1986 ______ elections.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new Dallas Cowboys' quarterback did Thompson bet on, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
2. In "Lester Maddox Lives," the Supreme Court refused to overturn which anti-sodomy law?
3. Thompson claimed, in "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat," that the most successful dog fighters make up to how much money in a night?
4. Thompson argues that for years the Chinese government had tried to eliminate what but failed, in "Down to a Sunless Sea?"
5. Cromwell offered to race his what against the motorcycle, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)