|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 162-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson conclude was the obvious front runner in the primaries in "Off with Their Heads?"
(a) George Bush.
(b) Gary Hart.
(c) Joe Biden.
(d) Michael Dukakis.
2. In "The Doctor Will See You Now," Thompson received a letter from whom?
(b) Ralph Steadman.
(c) CBS News.
(d) Richard Nixon.
3. In "Lester Maddox Lives," Thompson was horrified that an openly _____ governor was still a respected political figure.
4. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) Jennifer Lee.
(b) Teri Fischer.
(c) Farah Fawcett.
(d) Vanessa Williams.
5. What was the Captain's name in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
(a) Crazy Bob.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Reagan's veto on sanctions in South Africa, in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
2. Thompson was critical of the government's spending on what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
3. Who was being sworn in as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, in "Strictly Business?"
4. What did Thompson attempt to blow up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
5. What National Hurricane Center director did Thompson attack in "Revenge of the Fish Heads?"
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)