|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the chapter title "A Wild and Crazy Guy" in reference to?
(a) I Love Lucy.
(b) A John Denver song.
(c) A Beatles song.
(d) Saturday Night Live.
2. In "The Loved Ones," who was considered for a furlough that was ultimately denied because of a public outcry?
(a) Ted Kazinski.
(b) Jesse James.
(c) Mark David Chapman.
(d) John Hinckley.
3. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
(a) The Meese Report.
(b) The Reagan Report.
(c) A porn video.
(d) A contract.
4. After looking at the statistics in "A Wild and Crazy Guy," Thompson concluded that the Republicans would hold the White House for how long?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) A generation.
5. Who did Thompson discover was behind the breaking of the Gary Hart scandal in "The Time of the Geek?"
(a) George Bush.
(b) Edward Walton.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Joe Tydings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
2. What new Dallas Cowboys' quarterback did Thompson bet on, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
3. The Gary Hart scandal distracted the press from what?
4. Thompson believed that who has a chance at the presidential election in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs?"
5. In "Lester Maddox Lives," Thompson was horrified that an openly _____ governor was still a respected political figure.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)