|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Captain's name in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
(d) Crazy Bob.
2. Thompson argues that for years the Chinese government had tried to eliminate what but failed, in "Down to a Sunless Sea?"
3. Where was Thompson traveling, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
4. Based on whose seeming advice did Thompson place his bet in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
(b) President Reagan's.
(c) Ralph Nader's.
(d) The Pope.
5. What new Dallas Cowboys' quarterback did Thompson bet on, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Jason Anderson.
(b) Herschel Walker.
(c) Norman Waler.
(d) Andrew Walker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
2. The Gary Hart scandal distracted the press from what?
3. What Haitian dictator had fallen, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
4. Who was Nixon's Chief of Domestic Affairs?
5. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)