|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Loved Ones," who was considered for a furlough that was ultimately denied because of a public outcry?
(a) Mark David Chapman.
(b) Jesse James.
(c) Ted Kazinski.
(d) John Hinckley.
2. What Haitian dictator had fallen, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
(a) Baby Doc Duvalier.
(b) Baby Dontiole.
(c) Doc Dontiole.
(d) Pierre Beaudrioux.
3. Thompson was critical of the government's spending on what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
(b) Wall Street.
(c) Social reform.
4. What new Dallas Cowboys' quarterback did Thompson bet on, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Norman Waler.
(b) Andrew Walker.
(c) Jason Anderson.
(d) Herschel Walker.
5. What was the chapter title "A Wild and Crazy Guy" in reference to?
(a) A Beatles song.
(b) I Love Lucy.
(c) A John Denver song.
(d) Saturday Night Live.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
2. Who approached Thompson, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
3. What event did Thompson attend, in "A Clean, Ill-Lighted Place?"
4. Where did Thompson fly to, in "Strictly Business?"
5. What did Thompson's friend ask him to do, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)