|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approached Thompson, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
(a) An off-duty police officer.
(b) A drug officer.
(c) An off-duty pilot.
(d) An off-duty detective.
2. The Gary Hart scandal distracted the press from what?
(a) War in Iraq.
(b) Iran-Contra scandal.
(d) The Cold War.
3. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Vesco Island.
(b) Elba Island.
(d) Northern Ireland.
4. The man who sat next to Thompson on the plane in "Strictly Business" worked for what?
(b) Federal Bureau of Foreign Affairs.
(c) Federal Bureau of Prisons.
5. What concert did Thompson watch on "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) The Beatles.
(b) The Rolling Stones.
(c) The Who.
(d) The Doors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Thompson trying to go in "Last Train from Chicago?"
2. Who celebrated wildly after the Gary Hart scandal, according to Thompson, in "A Wild and Crazy Guy?"
3. Thompson claimed, in "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat," that the most successful dog fighters make up to how much money in a night?
4. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
5. What event did Thompson attend, in "A Clean, Ill-Lighted Place?"
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)