|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was being sworn in as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, in "Strictly Business?"
(a) William Everett.
(b) Andrew Sweitzer.
(c) William Rehnquist.
(d) Ed Meese.
2. In "The Scum of the Earth," Thompson detailed a feud between Jerry Falwell, Jim Bakker, Pat Robertson and who?
(a) Kieth Baker.
(b) Jesse Jackson.
(c) James Williams.
(d) Oral Roberts,
3. Thompson criticized Reagan's what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
(a) Foreign policy.
(b) Meeting with Gorbachev.
(c) Race relations.
(d) War on drugs.
4. Where did Thompson travel in "The Gonzo Salvage Co.?"
(a) New York.
(b) North Carolina.
(d) San Francisco.
5. A major scandal at what U.S. Embassy took place in "The Losers' Club?"
(a) Mexico City.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Captain's name in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
2. Who did Thompson bet against in the Chicago Bears game in "Meat Sickness?"
3. What did Thompson's friend ask him to do, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
4. Boca Chica was the most popular bar where?
5. In "Lester Maddox Lives," the Supreme Court refused to overturn which anti-sodomy law?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)