|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on whose seeming advice did Thompson place his bet in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) President Reagan's.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
(d) Ralph Nader's.
2. Thompson argues that for years the Chinese government had tried to eliminate what but failed, in "Down to a Sunless Sea?"
3. Who was being sworn in as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, in "Strictly Business?"
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) William Rehnquist.
(c) William Everett.
(d) Andrew Sweitzer.
4. Where was Thompson traveling, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
5. In "The Scum of the Earth," Thompson detailed a feud between Jerry Falwell, Jim Bakker, Pat Robertson and who?
(a) James Williams.
(b) Kieth Baker.
(c) Jesse Jackson.
(d) Oral Roberts,
Short Answer Questions
1. Thompson criticized Reagan's what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
2. The Gary Hart scandal distracted the press from what?
3. Where was Thompson trying to go in "Last Train from Chicago?"
4. What concert did Thompson watch on "Memo from the War Room?"
5. Thompson was critical of the government's spending on what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)