|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed all of Skinner's contacts in "Four Million Thugs?"
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Tonton Macoute.
(d) The Tutsi.
2. What Haitian dictator had fallen, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
(a) Baby Doc Duvalier.
(b) Doc Dontiole.
(c) Baby Dontiole.
(d) Pierre Beaudrioux.
3. Who won the Superbowl in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) Chicago Bears.
(b) New York Giants.
(c) Seattle Mariners.
(d) Dallas Cowboys.
4. What event did Thompson attend, in "A Clean, Ill-Lighted Place?"
(a) Erotic Film Awards.
(b) Emmy Awards.
(c) Oscar Awards.
(d) Tony Awards.
5. Who was the executive vice president at CNN in the book?
(a) Ned Turner.
(b) Steve Turner.
(c) Ed Turner.
(d) Ted Turner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Loved Ones," who was considered for a furlough that was ultimately denied because of a public outcry?
2. Thompson argues that for years the Chinese government had tried to eliminate what but failed, in "Down to a Sunless Sea?"
3. Where did Thompson travel in "The Gonzo Salvage Co.?"
4. Where was Thompson at the beginning of "Strictly Business?"
5. "The Death Ship" describes a barge in the Northeast carrying what?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)