|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Masks, according to Butler, allow people to refuse to offer which emotion?
2. Butler claims that bodies are not which of the following?
3. According to Butler, laws are results of which of the following?
4. Butler describes repression of bisexuality as a locus of which of the following?
5. Herculine argues that the univocal idea of sex serves which of the following?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Foucault's ideas used by Butler in Gender Trouble. Are Foucault's ideas relevant to Butler's thesis? Do you think Foucault's ideas are weak or strong? What does Butler seem to think?
Essay Topic 2
In Gender Trouble, what is a masquerade? Why is a masquerade related to the idea of individuality, sexuality, and gender? What connotation is masquerade given?
Essay Topic 3
Levi-Strauss makes points about homoeroticism and incest. How does Butler portray the arguments that Levi-Strauss makes? Does she agree or disagree with him?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)