|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler suggests that bisexuality is which of the following?
2. Kristeva argues for the semiotic as a source of which of the following?
3. Butler suggests that perhaps sexual desire is instituted by which of the following?
4. How is drag used, according to Butler?
5. What type of body does Butler describe as refuting sexual categorization?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lacan describe women as symbolizing the phallus? Does Butler agree or disagree with this concept? What literary devices does Butler use to show her approval or contempt of this idea?
Essay Topic 2
Describe female identity as Butler describes society as constructing it. Why does Butler see society's view of women as pertaining to male sexual desire? Does she support these arguments effectively?
Essay Topic 3
What role does language serve to play in oppression? What arguments in Gender Trouble support or refute your opinion?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)