Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gender Trouble define a masquerade?
2. Butler suggests that prohibition of which of the following is related most to sexual desire?
3. Butler says that we cannot wholly separate sex from which of the following?
4. On what issues do Lacan, Riviere, and Freud differ?
5. Butler presents the idea that sexual nonidentity can be achieved through which of the following?
Essay Topic 1
Butler suggests that gender can be undermined and controlled. Do you believe this is true?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the importance of power as it relates to sexuality, according to Butler and feminist theorists.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Lacan describe women as symbolizing the phallus? Does Butler agree or disagree with this concept? What literary devices does Butler use to show her approval or contempt of this idea?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)