Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gender Trouble define a masquerade?
2. Butler suggests that prohibition of which of the following is related most to sexual desire?
3. Butler says that we cannot wholly separate sex from which of the following?
4. On what issues do Lacan, Riviere, and Freud differ?
5. Butler presents the idea that sexual nonidentity can be achieved through which of the following?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the portrayals of feminist and masculine discourse. What makes feminist discourse circular and masculine discourse bigoted, according to Beauvoir?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the focus Butler has on the incest taboo. What arguments does Butler make about the incest taboo? Does the incest taboo have a strong presence in the text?
Essay Topic 3
What is Butler's thesis in Gender Trouble? Describe the significance of Butler's thesis as well as how well she supports it. What elements of the thesis are weak? Which are strong?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)