|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler says that the boundary of the body is which of the following?
2. Masks, according to Butler, allow people to refuse to offer which emotion?
3. Butler describes repression of bisexuality as a locus of which of the following?
4. Herculine argues that the univocal idea of sex serves which of the following?
5. Butler suggests that prohibition of which of the following is related most to sexual desire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Levi-Strauss makes points about homoeroticism and incest. How does Butler portray the arguments that Levi-Strauss makes? Does she agree or disagree with him?
Essay Topic 2
Butler suggests that gender can be undermined and controlled. Do you believe this is true?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Lacan describe women as symbolizing the phallus? Does Butler agree or disagree with this concept? What literary devices does Butler use to show her approval or contempt of this idea?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)