|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of media did Herculine write?
2. Wittig sees which of the following as being extended deliberately?
3. To Kristeva, poetry helps express the dependence of who?
4. How is drag used, according to Butler?
5. Kristeva argues for the semiotic as a source of which of the following?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe societal constructions. What makes them complex? How are societal constructions created? Give one example of a societal construction and explain if it is negative or positive.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Butler's conclusion as a whole. Is it effective? Does you agree with it or believe that it has some merit? Does it fulfill its purpose?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the disagreement between Beauvoir ad Irigaray about how gender asymmetry is generated. Which does Butler side with?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)