|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective best describes Lacan's view of language?
2. Butler wishes to show where and how which of the following operates?
3. Butler describes incorporation as leading to which of these?
4. Butler says that we cannot wholly separate sex from which of the following?
5. Kristeva views female homosexuality as which of the following?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the focus Butler has on the incest taboo. What arguments does Butler make about the incest taboo? Does the incest taboo have a strong presence in the text?
Essay Topic 2
What role does language serve to play in oppression? What arguments in Gender Trouble support or refute your opinion?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the theories Kristeva adds to Gender Trouble. How does Butler interpret these theories? What do you think of them and why?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)