|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gender Trouble define a masquerade?
2. Butler suggests that prohibition of which of the following is related most to sexual desire?
3. Butler says that we cannot wholly separate sex from which of the following?
4. On what issues do Lacan, Riviere, and Freud differ?
5. Butler presents the idea that sexual nonidentity can be achieved through which of the following?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the theories Kristeva adds to Gender Trouble. How does Butler interpret these theories? What do you think of them and why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe societal constructions. What makes them complex? How are societal constructions created? Give one example of a societal construction and explain if it is negative or positive.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the process Butler explains from desire to identification. Is her description effective? Is it accurate? What does the significance placed on this process say about Butler?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)