|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Desires, according to Butler, lead to which of the following?
2. Lacan said that there was no direct access to which of the following?
3. Which of the following did Foucault critique?
4. Butler claims that bodies are not what kind of boundaries?
5. Lacan viewed cultural meaning's need for relating women to the maternal to be which of the following?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Foucault's ideas used by Butler in Gender Trouble. Are Foucault's ideas relevant to Butler's thesis? Do you think Foucault's ideas are weak or strong? What does Butler seem to think?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the theories Kristeva adds to Gender Trouble. How does Butler interpret these theories? What do you think of them and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the focus Butler has on the incest taboo. What arguments does Butler make about the incest taboo? Does the incest taboo have a strong presence in the text?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)