|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Desires, according to Butler, lead to which of the following?
2. The theory of semiotic aspects of language seems to be a direct critique of which theorist?
3. Kristeva views female homosexuality as which of the following?
4. Masks, according to Butler, allow people to refuse to offer which emotion?
5. Butler describes incorporation as leading to which of these?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Butler suggests that gender can be undermined and controlled. Do you believe this is true?
Essay Topic 2Analyze the disagreement between Beauvoir ad Irigaray about how gender asymmetry is generated. Which does Butler side with?
Essay Topic 3Analyze Foucault's ideas used by Butler in Gender Trouble. Are Foucault's ideas relevant to Butler's thesis? Do you think Foucault's ideas are weak or strong? What does Butler seem to think?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)