|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kristeva views female homosexuality as which of the following?
2. According to Lacan, what do women represent?
3. What do feminist critics often focus on according to Butler?
4. Which of these is described by Butler as adopting incorporation as a mechanism of gender?
5. Butler suggests that perhaps sexual desire is instituted by which of the following?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Butler suggests that gender can be undermined and controlled. Do you believe this is true?
Essay Topic 2
Levi-Strauss makes points about homoeroticism and incest. How does Butler portray the arguments that Levi-Strauss makes? Does she agree or disagree with him?
Essay Topic 3
In Gender Trouble, what is a masquerade? Why is a masquerade related to the idea of individuality, sexuality, and gender? What connotation is masquerade given?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)