|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler describes which concept as explanations with more plausibility than taboos?
2. How does Gender Trouble define a masquerade?
3. Butler argues that the distinction between same and other is which of the following?
4. Which of these is described by Butler as adopting incorporation as a mechanism of gender?
5. Butler describes repression of bisexuality as a locus of which of the following?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe female identity as Butler describes society as constructing it. Why does Butler see society's view of women as pertaining to male sexual desire? Does she support these arguments effectively?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the importance of power as it relates to sexuality, according to Butler and feminist theorists.
Essay Topic 3
What role does language serve to play in oppression? What arguments in Gender Trouble support or refute your opinion?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)