|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wittig says women must become which attribute?
2. Gender Trouble claims that drag parodies which of the following?
3. What did Foucault create a genealogy of?
4. Butler claims that bodies are not which of the following?
5. Which of these is described by Butler as adopting incorporation as a mechanism of gender?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the importance of power as it relates to sexuality, according to Butler and feminist theorists.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the process Butler explains from desire to identification. Is her description effective? Is it accurate? What does the significance placed on this process say about Butler?
Essay Topic 3
Describe societal constructions. What makes them complex? How are societal constructions created? Give one example of a societal construction and explain if it is negative or positive.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)