|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heterosexism in a masquerade is sustained by which of the following, as Butler describes?
2. How is drag used, according to Butler?
3. Foucault says that which of the following is problematic?
4. Kristeva argues for the semiotic as a source of which of the following?
5. Who emphasized linguistic distinctions between sexes as imposing cultural heterosexuality?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In general, do you find Butler's arguments to be valid? Which arguments are the most valid? Which arguments seem to be the least valid?
Essay Topic 2
Describe female identity as Butler describes society as constructing it. Why does Butler see society's view of women as pertaining to male sexual desire? Does she support these arguments effectively?
Essay Topic 3
Levi-Strauss makes points about homoeroticism and incest. How does Butler portray the arguments that Levi-Strauss makes? Does she agree or disagree with him?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)