|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lacan said that there was no direct access to which of the following?
2. Foucault says that one should not be defined by which of the following?
3. What type of media did Herculine write?
4. Which of the following did Foucault critique?
5. Butler wishes to show where and how which of the following operates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the focus Butler has on the incest taboo. What arguments does Butler make about the incest taboo? Does the incest taboo have a strong presence in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the disagreement between Beauvoir ad Irigaray about how gender asymmetry is generated. Which does Butler side with?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the theories Kristeva adds to Gender Trouble. How does Butler interpret these theories? What do you think of them and why?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)