|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wittig claims that _____ is not the rejection of heterosexuality?
2. Who does Butler compare Foucault to?
3. Butler wishes to show where and how which of the following operates?
4. Wittig says women must become which attribute?
5. Masks, according to Butler, allow people to refuse to offer which emotion?
Essay Topic 1
Describe female identity as Butler describes society as constructing it. Why does Butler see society's view of women as pertaining to male sexual desire? Does she support these arguments effectively?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Lacan describe women as symbolizing the phallus? Does Butler agree or disagree with this concept? What literary devices does Butler use to show her approval or contempt of this idea?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the portrayals of feminist and masculine discourse. What makes feminist discourse circular and masculine discourse bigoted, according to Beauvoir?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)