|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gender Trouble claims that drag parodies which of the following?
2. Wittig claims that _____ is not the rejection of heterosexuality?
3. Which theorist explains the semiotic aspect of language?
4. According to Butler, how does Wittig apply the idea of fictive sex?
5. Butler says that distinctions between sexes and genders do not have to become which of the following?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Gender Trouble, what is a masquerade? Why is a masquerade related to the idea of individuality, sexuality, and gender? What connotation is masquerade given?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Butler's conclusion as a whole. Is it effective? Does you agree with it or believe that it has some merit? Does it fulfill its purpose?
Essay Topic 3
Butler suggests that gender can be undermined and controlled. Do you believe this is true?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)