|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Butler describe Wittig's idea of fictive sex?
2. Herculine argues that the univocal idea of sex serves which of the following?
3. Butler wants to affirm that gender is always which of the following?
4. Butler asks if what kind of human can exist?
5. How does Gender Trouble define a masquerade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the portrayals of feminist and masculine discourse. What makes feminist discourse circular and masculine discourse bigoted, according to Beauvoir?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the importance of power as it relates to sexuality, according to Butler and feminist theorists.
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in Gender Trouble? What are some of the symbols used in the text? Examine the use of at least two, as well as their purpose in the context of the book.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)