|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Butler, how does Wittig apply the idea of fictive sex?
2. How is drag used, according to Butler?
3. Butler says that the boundary of the body is which of the following?
4. Through apposition, what does Wittig think lesbianism engages?
5. Which of the following did Foucault critique?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does language serve to play in oppression? What arguments in Gender Trouble support or refute your opinion?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Foucault's ideas used by Butler in Gender Trouble. Are Foucault's ideas relevant to Butler's thesis? Do you think Foucault's ideas are weak or strong? What does Butler seem to think?
Essay Topic 3
Describe societal constructions. What makes them complex? How are societal constructions created? Give one example of a societal construction and explain if it is negative or positive.
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)