|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler claims that genders can be which of the following?
2. Wittig said that the use of power is not always which of the following?
3. According to Butler, which lies outside of language and symbolism?
4. Butler says that the boundary of the body is which of the following?
5. Butler claims that various conflicts and convergences produce shifting of which item?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Butler's conclusion as a whole. Is it effective? Does you agree with it or believe that it has some merit? Does it fulfill its purpose?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the portrayals of feminist and masculine discourse. What makes feminist discourse circular and masculine discourse bigoted, according to Beauvoir?
Essay Topic 3
What role does language serve to play in oppression? What arguments in Gender Trouble support or refute your opinion?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)