|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lacan said that there was no direct access to which of the following?
2. According to Butler, a lot of feminist theory relies on what type of categories?
3. Wittig say that which was not determinative of sex?
4. Herculine says that sex is which of the following?
5. How is drag used, according to Butler?
Essay Topic 1
Describe female identity as Butler describes society as constructing it. Why does Butler see society's view of women as pertaining to male sexual desire? Does she support these arguments effectively?
Essay Topic 2
According to Gender Trouble, what creates gender? What different points of view are presented in the text surrounding the origins of gender? Why are all these theories important to the text?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the theories Kristeva adds to Gender Trouble. How does Butler interpret these theories? What do you think of them and why?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)