|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler says that the boundary of the body is which of the following?
2. Gender Trouble claims that drag parodies which of the following?
3. Wittig sees which of the following as being extended deliberately?
4. Butler claims that various conflicts and convergences produce shifting of which item?
5. Butler makes the claim that a masquerade denies which of the following?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Foucault's ideas used by Butler in Gender Trouble. Are Foucault's ideas relevant to Butler's thesis? Do you think Foucault's ideas are weak or strong? What does Butler seem to think?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Butler's conclusion as a whole. Is it effective? Does you agree with it or believe that it has some merit? Does it fulfill its purpose?
Essay Topic 3
What role does language serve to play in oppression? What arguments in Gender Trouble support or refute your opinion?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)