|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of theories see unusual sexual practices as unintelligible?
2. Foucault says that which of the following is problematic?
3. What kind of gender norms make certain social forms possible and others impossible, according to Butler?
4. Butler wants to affirm that gender is always which of the following?
5. What is Herculine's last name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Butler suggests that gender can be undermined and controlled. Do you believe this is true?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the theories Kristeva adds to Gender Trouble. How does Butler interpret these theories? What do you think of them and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is Butler's thesis in Gender Trouble? Describe the significance of Butler's thesis as well as how well she supports it. What elements of the thesis are weak? Which are strong?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)