|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of body does Butler describe as refuting sexual categorization?
2. Which of the following does Butler think is hard to quantify?
3. Butler says gender can be which of the following volitionally?
4. How does Gender Trouble define a masquerade?
5. Wittig sees which of the following as being extended deliberately?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the process Butler explains from desire to identification. Is her description effective? Is it accurate? What does the significance placed on this process say about Butler?
Essay Topic 2
In general, do you find Butler's arguments to be valid? Which arguments are the most valid? Which arguments seem to be the least valid?
Essay Topic 3
In Gender Trouble, what is a masquerade? Why is a masquerade related to the idea of individuality, sexuality, and gender? What connotation is masquerade given?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)