Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler claims that which of the following produce feminine identity?
2. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
3. According to Butler, culture separation obscures which of the following?
4. The subject of feminism cannot ground which of the following, according to Butler?
5. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Butler say that rectifying pre-patriarchal scheme is problematic?
2. What does Butler believe about the definition of gender?
3. According to Butler, what approach must all women take?
4. What suggestions did Luce Irigaray make?
5. How was the feminine identity created, according to Foucault?
6. What does Butler think about coalitions?
7. What is Butler's main question in Gender Trouble?
8. Describe Butler's feelings about the body.
9. What parameters does bisexuality lie outside?
10. Are Butler's conclusions effective?
Essay Topic 1
Levi-Strauss makes points about homoeroticism and incest. How does Butler portray the arguments that Levi-Strauss makes? Does she agree or disagree with him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe female identity as Butler describes society as constructing it. Why does Butler see society's view of women as pertaining to male sexual desire? Does she support these arguments effectively?
Essay Topic 3
In general, do you find Butler's arguments to be valid? Which arguments are the most valid? Which arguments seem to be the least valid?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)