Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler claims that which of the following produce feminine identity?
2. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
3. According to Butler, culture separation obscures which of the following?
4. The subject of feminism cannot ground which of the following, according to Butler?
5. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Butler say that rectifying pre-patriarchal scheme is problematic?
2. What does Butler believe about the definition of gender?
3. According to Butler, what approach must all women take?
4. What suggestions did Luce Irigaray make?
5. How was the feminine identity created, according to Foucault?
6. What does Butler think about coalitions?
7. What is Butler's main question in Gender Trouble?
8. Describe Butler's feelings about the body.
9. What parameters does bisexuality lie outside?
10. Are Butler's conclusions effective?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the journals written by Herculine Barbin. What is the significance of Barbin's ideas and theories? How does Butler support and critique them?
Essay Topic 2
What role does language serve to play in oppression? What arguments in Gender Trouble support or refute your opinion?
Essay Topic 3
Describe female identity as Butler describes society as constructing it. Why does Butler see society's view of women as pertaining to male sexual desire? Does she support these arguments effectively?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)