Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler claims that which of the following produce feminine identity?
2. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
3. According to Butler, culture separation obscures which of the following?
4. The subject of feminism cannot ground which of the following, according to Butler?
5. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Butler say that rectifying pre-patriarchal scheme is problematic?
2. What does Butler believe about the definition of gender?
3. According to Butler, what approach must all women take?
4. What suggestions did Luce Irigaray make?
5. How was the feminine identity created, according to Foucault?
6. What does Butler think about coalitions?
7. What is Butler's main question in Gender Trouble?
8. Describe Butler's feelings about the body.
9. What parameters does bisexuality lie outside?
10. Are Butler's conclusions effective?
Describe societal constructions. What makes them complex? How are societal constructions created? Give one example of a societal construction and explain if it is negative or positive.
What is Butler's thesis in Gender Trouble? Describe the significance of Butler's thesis as well as how well she supports it. What elements of the thesis are weak? Which are strong?
According to Gender Trouble, what creates gender? What different points of view are presented in the text surrounding the origins of gender? Why are all these theories important to the text?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)