|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler claims that which of the following produce feminine identity?
2. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
3. According to Butler, culture separation obscures which of the following?
4. The subject of feminism cannot ground which of the following, according to Butler?
5. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Butler say that rectifying pre-patriarchal scheme is problematic?
2. What does Butler believe about the definition of gender?
3. According to Butler, what approach must all women take?
4. What suggestions did Luce Irigaray make?
5. How was the feminine identity created, according to Foucault?
6. What does Butler think about coalitions?
7. What is Butler's main question in Gender Trouble?
8. Describe Butler's feelings about the body.
9. What parameters does bisexuality lie outside?
10. Are Butler's conclusions effective?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lacan describe women as symbolizing the phallus? Does Butler agree or disagree with this concept? What literary devices does Butler use to show her approval or contempt of this idea?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the focus Butler has on the incest taboo. What arguments does Butler make about the incest taboo? Does the incest taboo have a strong presence in the text?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the process Butler explains from desire to identification. Is her description effective? Is it accurate? What does the significance placed on this process say about Butler?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)