|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who emphasized linguistic distinctions between sexes as imposing cultural heterosexuality?
2. Butler presents the idea that sexual nonidentity can be achieved through which of the following?
(a) Homosexual sex.
(c) Intersexual relations.
(d) Heterosexual sex.
3. Butler suggests that perhaps sexual desire is instituted by which of the following?
(b) Social forces.
4. Butler says that the boundary of the body is which of the following?
(a) Socially constructed.
5. Foucault says that one should not be defined by which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which theorist explains the semiotic aspect of language?
2. What type of body does Butler describe as refuting sexual categorization?
3. According to Butler, which cannot be fixed in advance?
4. Which adjective best describes Lacan's view of language?
5. Desires, according to Butler, lead to which of the following?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)