|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauvoir thinks that masculine discourse is which of the following?
2. Levi-Strauss said that which of the following is the beginning of the divide between men and women?
(a) Allowing women to have an education.
(b) Forbidding women to breastfeed.
(c) Allowing incest.
(d) Forbidding incest.
3. Butler says that the idea of woman may obscure which of the following?
4. What does the dominance of man express to Butler?
5. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes power structures as Butler sees them?
2. Some feminists believe that what is the cultural interpretation of sex?
3. The subject of feminism cannot ground which of the following, according to Butler?
4. Butler states that if the distinction between sex and gender is pushed too far, the idea of gender becomes of the following?
5. According to Butler, coalitions effectively promote which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a consequence that Butler suggests results from the lack of clarity between distinctions?
2. Describe Herculine Barbin.
3. Describe how Butler says bodies are regulated.
4. What are Butler's goals regarding the topic of incest?
5. According to Butler, what do some feminists think about gender?
6. What is gender identification?
7. What is Butler's thesis in Gender Trouble?
8. According to Herculine's arguments, how can sexual nonidentity be achieved?
9. According to Butler, how can one develop identity?
10. Describe masculine subjects as Butler views them.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)