|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Butler lean toward in terms of gender asymmetry?
2. What term does Butler use to describe all sexuality straying from social laws?
3. According to Butler, coalitions effectively promote which of the following?
(d) Gender roles.
4. Butler believes that gender is which of the following?
5. Butler describes which of these as not being inevitable?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are theories referred to that produce ideas of social mechanisms of power?
2. What is the second effect of counterexamples of well-defined concepts, as pointed out by Butler?
3. In Gender Trouble, male-female distinction is compared to which distinction?
4. Butler believed that the definition of what word should be permanently deferred?
5. Butler thinkss the definition of gender should be which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Butler describe the concept of splitting sex and gender?
2. What does Butler think about coalitions?
3. What do Beauvoir and Irigaray disagree on?
4. What does Butler mean when she suggests there is more mere convention in biological research than is supposed?
5. According to Butler, how can one develop identity?
6. Describe the disagreement between Kristeva, Lacan, and Butler.
7. Why do some feminists say that feminine identity is vital, according to Butler?
8. Describe the path Butler outlines that leads to identification.
9. Why does Lacan find language misleading?
10. What is Butler's main question in Gender Trouble?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)