|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler claims that which of the following produce feminine identity?
(b) Societal mechanisms.
(c) Feminist politics.
(d) Entrapping assumptions.
2. Butler insists that unity is not necessary for which to be effective?
(a) Political action.
3. Butler states that women must take which approach?
4. What term does Butler use to describe all sexuality straying from social laws?
5. Butler describes feminists as often hoping for which of the following?
(a) Poltiical revolution.
(b) Angry revolution.
(c) Masculine revolution.
(d) Utopian revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. To understand gender identity, Butler states that we must know which of the following?
2. Butler describes all sexuality as being constructed within which of the following?
3. Which of the following describes power structures as Butler sees them?
4. According to Butler, what can exist outside power discourse?
5. Butler says that which group can appropriate the idea of sexual difference?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Herculine Barbin.
2. How was the feminine identity created, according to Foucault?
3. Explain the concept of a taboo.
4. Describe how Butler says bodies are regulated.
5. What does Butler hope Gender Trouble will affirm?
6. According to Herculine's arguments, how can sexual nonidentity be achieved?
7. What is the significance of poetry in Gender Trouble?
8. Why do some feminists say that feminine identity is vital, according to Butler?
9. According to Butler, what happens if the distinction between sex and gender is pushed too far?
10. Describe the argument between materialism and Lacanian positions.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)