|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler claims that feminists should criticize in which manner?
2. What is homoeroticism?
(a) The sexual preference of men for women.
(b) The sexual preference of women for women.
(c) The sexual preference of women for men.
(d) The sexual preference of men for men.
3. Which of the following does Butler describe as always being a part of the language of gender?
4. Foucault discussed which of the following as being relevant to gender oppression at the hands of politics?
5. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Levi-Strauss said that which of the following is the beginning of the divide between men and women?
2. Butler makes the claim that what type of genders produce coherence and continuity?
3. Which of the following describes power structures as Butler sees them?
4. According to Butler, coalitions effectively promote which of the following?
5. Butler points out that which of the following is related to entrapping assumptions about identity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Butler think about coalitions?
2. Describe how Butler says bodies are regulated.
3. How does Butler describe homoeroticism?
4. According to Witting, what determines gender?
5. Describe Butler's feelings about the body.
6. Why does Butler say that rectifying pre-patriarchal scheme is problematic?
7. Describe Wittig's views and arguments.
8. How did Butler describe the concept of splitting sex and gender?
9. Describe Butler's conclusions about sexual desire.
10. How does Butler describe power structures?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)