|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler describes which of these as not being inevitable?
2. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
(a) More open.
(d) Less open.
3. Some feminists believe that what is the cultural interpretation of sex?
4. Butler's thesis is that well-defined and unified categories of women undermine the ability to represent which of the following?
5. According to Butler, culture separation obscures which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Butler, what can exist outside power discourse?
2. What is the second effect of counterexamples of well-defined concepts, as pointed out by Butler?
3. Butler thinkss the definition of gender should be which of the following?
4. To Butler, worry arises that the idea of which of the following has no meaning?
5. In Gender Trouble, male-female distinction is compared to which distinction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Butler's thesis in Gender Trouble?
2. According to Butler, what happens if the distinction between sex and gender is pushed too far?
3. What does the term "masquerade" reference?
4. Describe the disagreement between Kristeva, Lacan, and Butler.
5. What is the significance of poetry in Gender Trouble?
6. Describe how Butler says bodies are regulated.
7. Explain the concept of a taboo.
8. How was the feminine identity created, according to Foucault?
9. What is Butler's main question in Gender Trouble?
10. Describe the argument between materialism and Lacanian positions.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)