|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irigaray sees dialogue as a manifestation of which of the following?
(a) Linguistic sexuality.
2. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
3. According to Butler, binary restrictions on sex are constructed to serve which of the following?
(a) Compulsory heterosexuality.
(b) Cumpulsory homosexuality.
(c) Voluntary heterosexuality.
(d) Forced homosexuality.
4. Butler describes which of these as not being inevitable?
5. What is homoeroticism?
(a) The sexual preference of women for men.
(b) The sexual preference of men for men.
(c) The sexual preference of men for women.
(d) The sexual preference of women for women.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Butler, culture separation obscures which of the following?
2. What does the dominance of man express to Butler?
3. Which of the following does Butler describe as always being a part of the language of gender?
4. What is the first effect of counterexamples of well-defined concepts, as pointed out by Butler?
5. The process of construction, as described by Butler, is which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Butler, what is a woman's identity associated with?
2. Describe how Butler says bodies are regulated.
3. What is gender identification?
4. Why does Butler say that rectifying pre-patriarchal scheme is problematic?
5. Describe Wittig's views and arguments.
6. What is a consequence that Butler suggests results from the lack of clarity between distinctions?
7. Why and how is gender created to oppress, according to Butler?
8. What is the purpose of binary restrictions?
9. What do Lacan, Riviere, and Freud disagree about?
10. Explain the concept of a taboo.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)