Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler claims that which of the following produce feminine identity?
(a) Societal mechanisms.
(c) Entrapping assumptions.
(d) Feminist politics.
2. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
3. According to Butler, culture separation obscures which of the following?
4. The subject of feminism cannot ground which of the following, according to Butler?
(a) Feminine identity.
(b) Post-feminist politics.
(c) Feminist politics.
(d) Masculine identity.
5. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Some sexuality is enhanced by which of the following, according to Butler?
2. Butler makes the claim that what type of genders produce coherence and continuity?
3. Foucault discussed which of the following as being relevant to gender oppression at the hands of politics?
4. Many feminists say that the idea of "woman" is which of the following?
5. Butler claims that women are often identified with which of the following terms?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Butler say that rectifying pre-patriarchal scheme is problematic?
2. What does Butler believe about the definition of gender?
3. According to Butler, what approach must all women take?
4. What suggestions did Luce Irigaray make?
5. How was the feminine identity created, according to Foucault?
6. What does Butler think about coalitions?
7. What is Butler's main question in Gender Trouble?
8. Describe Butler's feelings about the body.
9. What parameters does bisexuality lie outside?
10. Are Butler's conclusions effective?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)