|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler states that women must take which approach?
2. Butler believed that the definition of what word should be permanently deferred?
3. Butler claims that which of the following produce feminine identity?
(b) Entrapping assumptions.
(c) Feminist politics.
(d) Societal mechanisms.
4. Some sexuality is enhanced by which of the following, according to Butler?
5. Some feminists believe that what is the cultural interpretation of sex?
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler states that when feminism splits ideas of sex and gender, it also splits which of the following?
2. Many feminists say that the idea of "woman" is which of the following?
3. According to Butler, gender is more an attribute than a what?
4. Butler describes the distinction between gender and sex as first being used to undermine which of the following?
5. Butler points out that which of the following is related to entrapping assumptions about identity?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Witting, what determines gender?
2. What does Butler mean when she suggests there is more mere convention in biological research than is supposed?
3. What is Butler's main question in Gender Trouble?
4. Explain the concept of a taboo.
5. Why does Lacan think women symbolize the phallus?
6. Why does Lacan find language misleading?
7. Are Butler's conclusions effective?
8. How does Butler describe identification as being social constructed?
9. Describe Butler's feelings about the body.
10. What are the effects of the counterexamples of well-defined concepts, such as a well-defined category of women?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)