|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many feminists say that the idea of "woman" is which of the following?
(b) Not well-defined.
(c) Not concrete.
2. Butler describes which of these as not being inevitable?
3. The process of construction, as described by Butler, is which of the following?
4. Butler believes that gender is which of the following?
5. Foucault discussed which of the following as being relevant to gender oppression at the hands of politics?
Short Answer Questions
1. To Butler, looking for sexed nature prior to culture is a result of which of the following?
2. Many feminists believe that one must develop which of the following?
3. What are theories referred to that produce ideas of social mechanisms of power?
4. Butler states that when feminism splits ideas of sex and gender, it also splits which of the following?
5. Butler makes the claim that what type of genders produce coherence and continuity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Butler's main question in Gender Trouble?
2. Describe masculine subjects as Butler views them.
3. Describe Wittig's views and arguments.
4. What is a consequence that Butler suggests results from the lack of clarity between distinctions?
5. What suggestions did Luce Irigaray make?
6. Describe the disagreement between Kristeva, Lacan, and Butler.
7. How does Butler describe the process of construction?
8. Describe the argument between materialism and Lacanian positions.
9. What is Kristeva's view of law?
10. According to Butler, how can one develop identity?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)