|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler says that which group can appropriate the idea of sexual difference?
2. What did Levi-Strauss consider the totality and closure of?
(c) Utopian society.
3. Many feminists believe that one must develop which of the following?
(a) Societial-prescribed identity.
(b) Feminine identiy.
(c) Childish identity.
(d) Political identity.
4. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
(b) Less open.
(d) More open.
5. Butler describes which of these as not being inevitable?
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler insists that unity is not necessary for which to be effective?
2. In Gender Trouble, male-female distinction is compared to which distinction?
3. Butler points out that which of the following is related to entrapping assumptions about identity?
4. To understand gender identity, Butler states that we must know which of the following?
5. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lacan find language misleading?
2. What are the effects of the counterexamples of well-defined concepts, such as a well-defined category of women?
3. Are Butler's conclusions effective?
4. What is gender identification?
5. What does Butler mean when she suggests there is more mere convention in biological research than is supposed?
6. What does Butler hope Gender Trouble will affirm?
7. Describe the argument between materialism and Lacanian positions.
8. Describe Wittig's views and arguments.
9. Describe Herculine Barbin.
10. What is postgenital sexuality?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)