|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Butler, binary restrictions on sex are constructed to serve which of the following?
(a) Forced homosexuality.
(b) Compulsory heterosexuality.
(c) Cumpulsory homosexuality.
(d) Voluntary heterosexuality.
2. In Gender Trouble, male-female distinction is compared to which distinction?
3. Foucault discussed which of the following as being relevant to gender oppression at the hands of politics?
4. Which of the following terms does Butler use to describe oppression?
5. Butler states that when feminism splits ideas of sex and gender, it also splits which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. To Butler, worry arises that the idea of which of the following has no meaning?
2. Butler claims that feminists should criticize in which manner?
3. Irigaray sees dialogue as a manifestation of which of the following?
4. Butler describes the presumed existing feminine identity as which of the following?
5. Irigaray's idea of feminine "sex" is described as including which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Butler describe homoeroticism?
2. Why do some feminists say that feminine identity is vital, according to Butler?
3. How does Butler propose one can explode categories and oppositions?
4. How did Butler describe the concept of splitting sex and gender?
5. Why does Lacan find language misleading?
6. What do Beauvoir and Irigaray disagree on?
7. What does the maternal body represent to Kristeva?
8. What is a consequence that Butler suggests results from the lack of clarity between distinctions?
9. What does Butler mean when she suggests there is more mere convention in biological research than is supposed?
10. What parameters does bisexuality lie outside?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)