|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler's thesis is that well-defined and unified categories of women undermine the ability to represent which of the following?
2. Butler describes language as a tool of which of the following?
3. According to Butler, what can exist outside power discourse?
4. Butler claims that which of these is needed for a point to hold?
(a) Ontology of gender.
(b) Ontology of sex.
(c) Ontology of feminism.
(d) Ontology of liberation.
5. What did Levi-Strauss consider the totality and closure of?
(d) Utopian society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms does Butler use to describe oppression?
2. Irigaray's idea of feminine "sex" is described as including which of the following?
3. Which of the following does Butler describe as always being a part of the language of gender?
4. Butler makes the claim that what type of genders produce coherence and continuity?
5. Butler says the question of which of the following makes women a positive being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Butler say about intelligible genders?
2. What is gender identification?
3. According to Butler, how can one develop identity?
4. What is Butler's thesis in Gender Trouble?
5. What is postgenital sexuality?
6. Describe Wittig's views and arguments.
7. According to Herculine's arguments, how can sexual nonidentity be achieved?
8. What did Levi-Strauss mean by the totality and closure of language?
9. How does Butler describe identification as being social constructed?
10. What is Butler's main question in Gender Trouble?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)