|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler claims that which of the following produce feminine identity?
(a) Feminist politics.
(b) Societal mechanisms.
(c) Entrapping assumptions.
2. What are theories referred to that produce ideas of social mechanisms of power?
3. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
4. Wittig wants which idea to be destroyed?
5. Who does Butler describe as concerning themselves with cultural laws and roles in oppression?
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler says that feminist theory often looks for what type of person?
2. What does non-reciprocity relate to?
3. Butler claims that women are often identified with which of the following terms?
4. Butler describes language as a tool of which of the following?
5. What does the dominance of man express to Butler?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of poetry in Gender Trouble?
2. How did Butler describe the concept of splitting sex and gender?
3. What does Butler mean when she suggests there is more mere convention in biological research than is supposed?
4. According to Witting, what determines gender?
5. Describe the disagreement between Kristeva, Lacan, and Butler.
6. What is Butler's thesis in Gender Trouble?
7. Explain the concept of a taboo.
8. Describe Butler's feelings about the body.
9. According to Butler, what do some feminists think about gender?
10. What is Butler's main question in Gender Trouble?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)