|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Butler use to describe all sexuality straying from social laws?
2. Butler claims that women are often identified with which of the following terms?
3. Many feminists say that the idea of "woman" is which of the following?
(b) Not concrete.
(d) Not well-defined.
4. Which of the following does Butler describe as always being a part of the language of gender?
5. Who does Butler lean toward in terms of gender asymmetry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Beauvoir and Irigaray disagree on?
2. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
3. According to Butler, binary restrictions on sex are constructed to serve which of the following?
4. Who does Butler describe as concerning themselves with cultural laws and roles in oppression?
5. Many feminists believe that one must develop which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Levi-Strauss mean by the totality and closure of language?
2. According to Butler, what approach must all women take?
3. What is the significance of poetry in Gender Trouble?
4. Describe Butler's view of feminist theory.
5. What does Butler think about coalitions?
6. How does Butler propose one can explode categories and oppositions?
7. What does the term "masquerade" reference?
8. Are Butler's conclusions effective?
9. Describe how Butler says bodies are regulated.
10. According to Witting, what determines gender?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)