|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler believed that the definition of what word should be permanently deferred?
2. Which of the following describes power structures as Butler sees them?
(a) All bad.
(b) Never patriarchal.
(c) Not all bad.
(d) All patriarchal.
3. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
(a) Less open.
(c) More open.
4. Many feminists believe that one must develop which of the following?
(a) Childish identity.
(b) Feminine identiy.
(c) Political identity.
(d) Societial-prescribed identity.
5. What does Butler want to see in relation to politics?
(a) Conservative politics.
(b) Masculine politics.
(c) Post-feminist politics.
(d) Feminist politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Butler describe as concerning themselves with cultural laws and roles in oppression?
2. Butler claims that the idea of conceiving sex in a concrete way supports which of these?
3. Butler believes that gender is which of the following?
4. What is the second effect of counterexamples of well-defined concepts, as pointed out by Butler?
5. Butler suggests that we may be able to speak of what type of person without masculine attributes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do some feminists say that feminine identity is vital, according to Butler?
2. What are the effects of the counterexamples of well-defined concepts, such as a well-defined category of women?
3. How does Butler describe identification as being social constructed?
4. Describe Herculine Barbin.
5. According to Butler, how can one develop identity?
6. What does Butler say about the causes of laws?
7. Why does Lacan think women symbolize the phallus?
8. What does Butler say about intelligible genders?
9. How does Butler describe power structures?
10. What does Butler think about coalitions?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)