|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is true, according to Foucault?
(a) Entrapping assumptions are necessary.
(b) Society does not impact identity.
(c) Requirements precede identity.
(d) Societal mechanisms are more important than identity.
2. Butler claims that which of the following produce feminine identity?
(a) Societal mechanisms.
(c) Entrapping assumptions.
(d) Feminist politics.
3. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
4. Butler describes all sexuality as being constructed within which of the following?
(c) Power discourse.
(d) Societal mechanisms.
5. What does the dominance of man express to Butler?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does non-reciprocity relate to?
2. According to Butler, what makes feminist discourse circular?
3. According to Butler, oppression requires which of the following?
4. Butler believes that gender is which of the following?
5. Butler states that if the distinction between sex and gender is pushed too far, the idea of gender becomes of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Butler believe about the definition of gender?
2. According to Butler, what approach must all women take?
3. Why do some feminists say that feminine identity is vital, according to Butler?
4. What is Butler's thesis in Gender Trouble?
5. According to Witting, what determines gender?
6. Describe the argument between materialism and Lacanian positions.
7. Explain the concept of a taboo.
8. What is gender identification?
9. Describe the argument between Foucault and Barbin.
10. According to Herculine's arguments, how can sexual nonidentity be achieved?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)