|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Butler, gender is more an attribute than a what?
(b) Social construction.
(d) Societal mechanism.
2. According to Butler, binary restrictions on sex are constructed to serve which of the following?
(a) Cumpulsory homosexuality.
(b) Forced homosexuality.
(c) Compulsory heterosexuality.
(d) Voluntary heterosexuality.
3. Butler describes feminists as often hoping for which of the following?
(a) Masculine revolution.
(b) Poltiical revolution.
(c) Utopian revolution.
(d) Angry revolution.
4. What term does Butler use to describe all sexuality straying from social laws?
5. Butler insists that unity is not necessary for which to be effective?
(d) Political action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Butler use to describe oppression?
2. Levi-Strauss said that which of the following is the beginning of the divide between men and women?
3. According to Butler, what can exist outside power discourse?
4. Wittig wants which idea to be destroyed?
5. According to Butler, oppression requires which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the path Butler outlines that leads to identification.
2. Why and how is gender created to oppress, according to Butler?
3. Why do some feminists say that feminine identity is vital, according to Butler?
4. What is postgenital sexuality?
5. According to Butler, what is a woman's identity associated with?
6. What do Beauvoir and Irigaray disagree on?
7. How does Butler describe identification as being social constructed?
8. According to Butler, what approach must all women take?
9. According to Herculine's arguments, how can sexual nonidentity be achieved?
10. Describe how Butler says bodies are regulated.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)