|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler suggests that we may be able to speak of what type of person without masculine attributes?
2. What do Beauvoir and Irigaray disagree on?
(a) How sexality is a societal construction.
(b) How gender asymmetry is generated.
(c) How societal mechanisms create identity.
(d) How gender is presumed to be the same as sex.
3. Butler believes that gender is which of the following?
4. What are theories referred to that produce ideas of social mechanisms of power?
5. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler states that women must take which approach?
2. Butler makes the claim that what type of genders produce coherence and continuity?
3. Many feminists believe that one must develop which of the following?
4. Butler describes which of these as not being inevitable?
5. Butler claims that women are often identified with which of the following terms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suggestions did Luce Irigaray make?
2. What is the purpose of binary restrictions?
3. According to Butler, what do some feminists think about gender?
4. What do Lacan, Riviere, and Freud disagree about?
5. According to Butler, what happens if the distinction between sex and gender is pushed too far?
6. Why does Lacan find language misleading?
7. What are the effects of the counterexamples of well-defined concepts, such as a well-defined category of women?
8. According to Butler, what approach must all women take?
9. What does Butler think about coalitions?
10. According to Butler, how can one develop identity?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)