|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gender can be constructed for political reasons to take which of the following actions, according to Gender Trouble?
2. Butler describes the distinction between gender and sex as first being used to undermine which of the following?
(a) Biology vs. destiny.
(b) Future vs. past.
(c) Faith vs. destiny.
(d) Science vs. religion.
3. Who does Butler lean toward in terms of gender asymmetry?
4. What are theories referred to that produce ideas of social mechanisms of power?
5. According to Butler, binary restrictions on sex are constructed to serve which of the following?
(a) Cumpulsory homosexuality.
(b) Compulsory heterosexuality.
(c) Forced homosexuality.
(d) Voluntary heterosexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler says that feminist theory often looks for what type of person?
2. What did Levi-Strauss consider the totality and closure of?
3. Which of the following terms does Butler use to describe oppression?
4. Butler believed that the definition of what word should be permanently deferred?
5. According to Butler, coalitions effectively promote which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Butler describe homoeroticism?
2. What is Kristeva's view of law?
3. How does Butler describe power structures?
4. What does Butler think about coalitions?
5. According to Butler, what is a woman's identity associated with?
6. Why do some feminists say that feminine identity is vital, according to Butler?
7. According to Butler, what do some feminists think about gender?
8. What is postgenital sexuality?
9. What does the maternal body represent to Kristeva?
10. How does Butler propose one can explode categories and oppositions?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)