|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wittig wants which idea to be destroyed?
2. According to Butler, gender is more an attribute than a what?
(a) Social construction.
(d) Societal mechanism.
3. According to Butler, what makes feminist discourse circular?
(a) Lack of constraint.
(b) Lack of societal mechanism.
(c) Lack of men.
(d) Lack of clarity.
4. Who does Butler describe as concerning themselves with cultural laws and roles in oppression?
5. To understand gender identity, Butler states that we must know which of the following?
(a) Matrix of gender trouble.
(b) Matrix of feminism.
(c) Matrix of feminist politics.
(d) Matrix of ntelligibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many feminists say that the idea of "woman" is which of the following?
2. What do Beauvoir and Irigaray disagree on?
3. According to Butler, gender differentiates which of the following?
4. Butler describes all sexuality as being constructed within which of the following?
5. Butler thinkss the definition of gender should be which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Herculine's arguments, how can sexual nonidentity be achieved?
2. According to Butler, what approach must all women take?
3. What does Butler believe about the definition of gender?
4. What suggestions did Luce Irigaray make?
5. How did Butler describe the concept of splitting sex and gender?
6. Why do some feminists say that feminine identity is vital, according to Butler?
7. Explain the concept of a taboo.
8. According to Butler, what do some feminists think about gender?
9. What does Butler think of Wittig's ideas?
10. Describe Herculine Barbin.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)