|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Butler, the XY female poses problems to what type of categories?
(c) Traditional gender.
2. According to Butler, a lot of feminist theory relies on what type of categories?
3. Butler makes the claim that a masquerade denies which of the following?
(a) Feminine desire.
(d) Masculine desire.
4. To Kristeva, what relationship does the maternal body represent fluidity between?
(a) Father and daughter.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Mother and child.
(d) Woman to woman.
5. To Kristeva, poetry helps express the dependence of who?
6. The process of slowly incorporating various attributes is deemed which of the following?
(d) Gender identification.
7. Butler suggests that perhaps sexual desire is instituted by which of the following?
(d) Social forces.
8. Butler argues that the distinction between same and other is which of the following?
9. Herculine says that sex is which of the following?
(a) A root.
(b) A cause.
(c) An effect.
(d) A nuisance.
10. Which of these is described by Butler as adopting incorporation as a mechanism of gender?
11. What type of theories see unusual sexual practices as unintelligible?
12. Lacan viewed cultural meaning's need for relating women to the maternal to be which of the following?
13. Heterosexism in a masquerade is sustained by which of the following, as Butler describes?
14. Whose theory of language forbids looking for the "being" of gender?
15. Wittig said that the use of power is not always which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler suggests that there is mere convention in which field than is supposed?
2. Butler describes which concept as explanations with more plausibility than taboos?
3. Butler says that laws are not mere causes of which of the following?
4. Butler claims that bodies are not which of the following?
5. According to Butler, how does Wittig apply the idea of fictive sex?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)