|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Butler think is hard to quantify?
2. Whose theory of language forbids looking for the "being" of gender?
3. Butler presents the idea that sexual nonidentity can be achieved through which of the following?
(a) Homosexual sex.
(c) Intersexual relations.
(d) Heterosexual sex.
4. Heterosexism in a masquerade is sustained by which of the following, as Butler describes?
5. How does Gender Trouble define a masquerade?
(a) An individual who wants to appear mainstream.
(b) An individual with loose morals.
(c) An individual without an identity.
(d) A party where people hide their identities.
6. Who does Butler compare Foucault to?
7. The theory of semiotic aspects of language seems to be a direct critique of which theorist?
8. According to Butler, how does Wittig apply the idea of fictive sex?
9. Butler claims that sometimes, there is recourse to which of the following?
(b) The unconscious.
(c) The maternal.
10. To Kristeva, what relationship does the maternal body represent fluidity between?
(a) Woman to woman.
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Mother and child.
11. Through apposition, what does Wittig think lesbianism engages?
12. Butler suggests that perhaps sexual desire is instituted by which of the following?
(d) Social forces.
13. Kristeva seems to understand the semiotic in what kinds of terms?
14. What theory recognizes how the incest taboo works?
15. Who does Butler believe mistakenly holds the idea of a separation between sex and gender?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective best describes Lacan's view of language?
2. Butler suggests that there is mere convention in which field than is supposed?
3. According to Butler, a lot of feminist theory relies on what type of categories?
4. Herculine says that sex is which of the following?
5. Which of the following is a taboo, according to Gender Trouble?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)