|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler says that the boundary of the body is which of the following?
(d) Socially constructed.
2. Butler argues that the distinction between same and other is which of the following?
3. Wittig sees which of the following as being extended deliberately?
4. Desires, according to Butler, lead to which of the following?
(a) Melancholy of gender.
5. Butler suggests that prohibition of which of the following is related most to sexual desire?
6. To Kristeva, what relationship does the maternal body represent fluidity between?
(a) Mother and child.
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Woman to woman.
7. Which of these is described by Butler as adopting incorporation as a mechanism of gender?
8. Which adjective best describes Lacan's view of language?
9. Butler makes the claim that a masquerade denies which of the following?
(a) Feminine desire.
(c) Masculine desire.
10. The theory of semiotic aspects of language seems to be a direct critique of which theorist?
11. To Kristeva, poetry helps express the dependence of who?
12. Which of the following did Foucault critique?
(a) Gender identity.
13. Lacan viewed cultural meaning's need for relating women to the maternal to be which of the following?
14. Kristeva views female homosexuality as which of the following?
15. What type of appearance does a masquerade give, according to Butler?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Butler, how does Wittig apply the idea of fictive sex?
2. Butler claims that bodies are not which of the following?
3. Butler asks if what kind of human can exist?
4. Who does Butler compare Foucault to?
5. Which of the following is a taboo, according to Gender Trouble?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)