|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler says that we cannot wholly separate sex from which of the following?
2. Which of the following did Foucault critique?
(c) Gender identity.
3. Butler claims that genders can be which of the following?
4. Ontology requires appearance to match which of the following?
5. Gender Trouble claims that drag parodies which of the following?
(a) Gender identity.
6. Butler suggests that prohibition of which of the following is related most to sexual desire?
7. Butler describes incorporation as leading to which of these?
8. How does Butler describe Wittig's idea of fictive sex?
9. According to Butler, laws are results of which of the following?
(d) Social forces.
10. Butler says that distinctions between sexes and genders do not have to become which of the following?
11. Lacan said that there was no direct access to which of the following?
12. Wittig said that the use of power is not always which of the following?
13. Kristeva seems to understand the semiotic in what kinds of terms?
14. What kind of gender norms make certain social forms possible and others impossible, according to Butler?
15. According to Butler, the XY female poses problems to what type of categories?
(c) Traditional gender.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lacan viewed cultural meaning's need for relating women to the maternal to be which of the following?
2. What is Herculine's last name?
3. To Kristeva, poetry helps express the dependence of who?
4. Butler claims that bodies are not what kind of boundaries?
5. Butler asks if what kind of human can exist?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)