|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler says that distinctions between sexes and genders do not have to become which of the following?
2. According to Butler, the XY female poses problems to what type of categories?
(d) Traditional gender.
3. On what issues do Lacan, Riviere, and Freud differ?
(a) Unconscious identification.
(c) Maternal identification.
(d) Gender identification.
4. According to Butler, a lot of feminist theory relies on what type of categories?
5. Kristeva views female homosexuality as which of the following?
6. Butler claims that genders can be which of the following?
7. Butler says that we cannot wholly separate sex from which of the following?
8. Wittig said that the use of power is not always which of the following?
9. Butler suggests that bisexuality is which of the following?
(a) Secondary sexuality.
(b) Non-binary sexuality.
(c) Lack of sexuality.
(d) Extreme sexuality.
10. What type of body does Butler describe as refuting sexual categorization?
11. Kristeva seems to understand the semiotic in what kinds of terms?
12. Butler makes the claim that gender is a kind of what?
13. Whose theory of language forbids looking for the "being" of gender?
14. Wittig claims that _____ is not the rejection of heterosexuality?
15. Butler says gender can be which of the following volitionally?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wittig sees which of the following as being extended deliberately?
2. What is Herculine's last name?
3. Butler suggests that there is mere convention in which field than is supposed?
4. Butler claims that bodies are not what kind of boundaries?
5. How does Butler feel about the strategy of subversion?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)