|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler suggests that perhaps sexual desire is instituted by which of the following?
(d) Social forces.
2. Which adjective best describes Lacan's view of language?
3. To Kristeva, what relationship does the maternal body represent fluidity between?
(a) Mother and child.
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Woman to woman.
4. According to Butler, laws are results of which of the following?
(b) Social forces.
5. What type of theories see unusual sexual practices as unintelligible?
6. Wittig sees which of the following as being extended deliberately?
7. What type of appearance does a masquerade give, according to Butler?
8. How does Gender Trouble define a masquerade?
(a) An individual with loose morals.
(b) A party where people hide their identities.
(c) An individual who wants to appear mainstream.
(d) An individual without an identity.
9. According to Butler, which cannot be fixed in advance?
10. Freud held that which of these was essential to ego formation?
11. Ontology requires appearance to match which of the following?
12. Heterosexism in a masquerade is sustained by which of the following, as Butler describes?
13. How does Butler feel about the strategy of subversion?
14. How is drag used, according to Butler?
15. Wittig claims that _____ is not the rejection of heterosexuality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Foucault says that which of the following is problematic?
2. Butler suggests that bisexuality is which of the following?
3. The process of slowly incorporating various attributes is deemed which of the following?
4. According to Butler, how does Wittig apply the idea of fictive sex?
5. Butler presents the idea that sexual nonidentity can be achieved through which of the following?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)