|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gender Trouble claims that drag parodies which of the following?
(d) Gender identity.
2. Butler presents the idea that sexual nonidentity can be achieved through which of the following?
(a) Intersexual relations.
(c) Homosexual sex.
(d) Heterosexual sex.
3. What type of theories see unusual sexual practices as unintelligible?
4. Which of the following does Butler think is hard to quantify?
5. Butler claims that bodies are not which of the following?
6. Butler suggests that prohibition of which of the following is related most to sexual desire?
7. Kristeva views female homosexuality as which of the following?
8. Butler says that laws are not mere causes of which of the following?
9. Wittig said that the use of power is not always which of the following?
10. According to Lacan, what do women represent?
(a) The phallus.
(b) The children of the earth.
(c) The vagina.
(d) The earth.
11. Lacan said that there was no direct access to which of the following?
12. Which of these is described by Butler as adopting incorporation as a mechanism of gender?
13. Butler suggests that perhaps sexual desire is instituted by which of the following?
(a) Social forces.
14. Kristeva argues that which of the following exists in poetry?
15. The process of slowly incorporating various attributes is deemed which of the following?
(d) Gender identification.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud held that which of these was essential to ego formation?
2. Herculine argues that the univocal idea of sex serves which of the following?
3. How does Gender Trouble define a masquerade?
4. According to Butler, laws are results of which of the following?
5. Masks, according to Butler, allow people to refuse to offer which emotion?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)