|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Desires, according to Butler, lead to which of the following?
(d) Melancholy of gender.
2. Which of the following did Foucault critique?
(c) Gender identity.
3. Wittig say that which was not determinative of sex?
(c) Physical features.
(d) The brain.
4. Butler says gender can be which of the following volitionally?
5. Which term does Butler use to describe Kristeva's theory?
6. Butler makes the claim that a masquerade denies which of the following?
(a) Feminine desire.
(b) Masculine desire.
7. Butler says that distinctions between sexes and genders do not have to become which of the following?
8. How does Gender Trouble define a masquerade?
(a) A party where people hide their identities.
(b) An individual without an identity.
(c) An individual who wants to appear mainstream.
(d) An individual with loose morals.
9. Foucault says that which of the following is problematic?
(a) Liberation views.
(b) Social regulations.
(c) Conservative views.
(d) Liberal views.
10. Butler describes which concept as explanations with more plausibility than taboos?
11. Butler argues that the distinction between same and other is which of the following?
12. Masks, according to Butler, allow people to refuse to offer which emotion?
13. Butler suggests that prohibition of which of the following is related most to sexual desire?
14. The theory of semiotic aspects of language seems to be a direct critique of which theorist?
15. Butler claims that sometimes, there is recourse to which of the following?
(c) The maternal.
(d) The unconscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler wants to affirm that gender is always which of the following?
2. Kristeva argues for the semiotic as a source of which of the following?
3. What type of theories see unusual sexual practices as unintelligible?
4. The process of slowly incorporating various attributes is deemed which of the following?
5. Which of the following does Butler think is hard to quantify?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)