|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kristeva argues that which of the following exists in poetry?
2. What kind of gender norms make certain social forms possible and others impossible, according to Butler?
3. Foucault says that one should not be defined by which of the following?
4. According to Lacan, what do women represent?
(a) The phallus.
(b) The vagina.
(c) The earth.
(d) The children of the earth.
5. Butler suggests that there is mere convention in which field than is supposed?
(a) Biological research.
(b) Chemistry research.
(c) Health and nutrition.
6. Ontology requires appearance to match which of the following?
7. Butler describes incorporation as leading to which of these?
8. According to Butler, which cannot be fixed in advance?
9. What type of appearance does a masquerade give, according to Butler?
10. According to Butler, the XY female poses problems to what type of categories?
(b) Traditional gender.
11. To Kristeva, what relationship does the maternal body represent fluidity between?
(a) Woman to woman.
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Mother and child.
12. What type of media did Herculine write?
13. Who does Butler compare Foucault to?
14. Butler claims that sometimes, there is recourse to which of the following?
(b) The unconscious.
(c) The maternal.
15. Heterosexism in a masquerade is sustained by which of the following, as Butler describes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose theory of language forbids looking for the "being" of gender?
2. Kristeva argues for the semiotic as a source of which of the following?
3. Butler wants to affirm that gender is always which of the following?
4. Masks, according to Butler, allow people to refuse to offer which emotion?
5. Which theorist explains the semiotic aspect of language?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)