|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Butler believe mistakenly holds the idea of a separation between sex and gender?
2. Herculine says that sex is which of the following?
(a) An effect.
(b) A root.
(c) A nuisance.
(d) A cause.
3. What did Foucault create a genealogy of?
(a) Social regulations.
4. Butler says that Rubin's story relies too much on which of the following?
5. What kind of gender norms make certain social forms possible and others impossible, according to Butler?
6. To Kristeva, poetry helps express the dependence of who?
7. How is drag used, according to Butler?
8. Kristeva views female homosexuality as which of the following?
9. Wittig say that which was not determinative of sex?
(c) The brain.
(d) Physical features.
10. Through apposition, what does Wittig think lesbianism engages?
11. Butler makes the claim that a masquerade denies which of the following?
(b) Masculine desire.
(d) Feminine desire.
12. Desires, according to Butler, lead to which of the following?
(a) Melancholy of gender.
13. Masks, according to Butler, allow people to refuse to offer which emotion?
14. Ontology requires appearance to match which of the following?
15. What theory recognizes how the incest taboo works?
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler presents the idea that sexual nonidentity can be achieved through which of the following?
2. According to Butler, which lies outside of language and symbolism?
3. Butler says that distinctions between sexes and genders do not have to become which of the following?
4. How does Butler feel about the strategy of subversion?
5. Wittig said that the use of power is not always which of the following?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)