|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Kristeva, what relationship does the maternal body represent fluidity between?
(a) Father and daughter.
(b) Woman to woman.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Mother and child.
2. What is Herculine's last name?
3. Foucault says that one should not be defined by which of the following?
4. Wittig sees which of the following as being extended deliberately?
5. Butler claims that sometimes, there is recourse to which of the following?
(c) The unconscious.
(d) The maternal.
6. What type of theories see unusual sexual practices as unintelligible?
7. Butler makes the claim that a masquerade denies which of the following?
(c) Masculine desire.
(d) Feminine desire.
8. Butler claims that various conflicts and convergences produce shifting of which item?
9. Kristeva seems to understand the semiotic in what kinds of terms?
10. Whose theory of language forbids looking for the "being" of gender?
11. Butler suggests that prohibition of which of the following is related most to sexual desire?
12. Foucault says that which of the following is problematic?
(a) Conservative views.
(b) Liberation views.
(c) Liberal views.
(d) Social regulations.
13. The theory of semiotic aspects of language seems to be a direct critique of which theorist?
14. Which of the following did Foucault critique?
(c) Gender identity.
15. Which adjective best describes Lacan's view of language?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term does Butler use to describe Kristeva's theory?
2. Butler suggests that there is mere convention in which field than is supposed?
3. Butler says that Rubin's story relies too much on which of the following?
4. Freud held that which of these was essential to ego formation?
5. How does Butler feel about the strategy of subversion?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)