|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud held that which of these was essential to ego formation?
2. Which term does Butler use to describe Kristeva's theory?
3. Butler makes the claim that a masquerade denies which of the following?
(b) Feminine desire.
(c) Masculine desire.
4. Butler suggests that there is mere convention in which field than is supposed?
(a) Biological research.
(c) Health and nutrition.
(d) Chemistry research.
5. Butler argues that the distinction between same and other is which of the following?
6. Butler claims that bodies are not what kind of boundaries?
7. Which adjective best describes Lacan's view of language?
8. Who emphasized linguistic distinctions between sexes as imposing cultural heterosexuality?
9. Who does Butler compare Foucault to?
10. Butler asks if what kind of human can exist?
11. What view does Kristeva generally have toward laws?
(a) They are naive.
(b) They are based on lies.
(c) They are humble.
(d) They are oppressive.
12. Wittig claims that _____ is not the rejection of heterosexuality?
13. Butler claims that genders can be which of the following?
14. Herculine argues that the univocal idea of sex serves which of the following?
(a) Linguistic laws.
(b) Liberal views.
(c) Cultural laws.
(d) Social regulations.
15. What theory recognizes how the incest taboo works?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is drag used, according to Butler?
2. Butler claims that bodies are not which of the following?
3. What kind of gender norms make certain social forms possible and others impossible, according to Butler?
4. Wittig said that the use of power is not always which of the following?
5. Through apposition, what does Wittig think lesbianism engages?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)