|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ontology requires appearance to match which of the following?
2. According to Butler, laws are results of which of the following?
(c) Social forces.
3. Butler describes repression of bisexuality as a locus of which of the following?
4. Butler presents the idea that sexual nonidentity can be achieved through which of the following?
(a) Heterosexual sex.
(c) Intersexual relations.
(d) Homosexual sex.
5. Heterosexism in a masquerade is sustained by which of the following, as Butler describes?
6. How does Butler feel about the strategy of subversion?
7. Whose theory of language forbids looking for the "being" of gender?
8. Who does Butler compare Foucault to?
9. According to Lacan, what do women represent?
(a) The earth.
(b) The phallus.
(c) The vagina.
(d) The children of the earth.
10. What type of appearance does a masquerade give, according to Butler?
11. According to Butler, how does Wittig apply the idea of fictive sex?
12. What do feminist critics often focus on according to Butler?
(b) Gender identification.
(c) Maternal identification.
(d) Unconscious identification.
13. The theory of semiotic aspects of language seems to be a direct critique of which theorist?
14. Kristeva argues that which of the following exists in poetry?
15. Butler suggests that bisexuality is which of the following?
(a) Extreme sexuality.
(b) Non-binary sexuality.
(c) Secondary sexuality.
(d) Lack of sexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wittig say that which was not determinative of sex?
2. Who does Butler believe mistakenly holds the idea of a separation between sex and gender?
3. Butler claims that sometimes, there is recourse to which of the following?
4. How does Gender Trouble define a masquerade?
5. What view does Kristeva generally have toward laws?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)