|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Foucault says that one should not be defined by which of the following?
2. According to Butler, laws are results of which of the following?
(a) Social forces.
3. Kristeva seems to understand the semiotic in what kinds of terms?
4. Butler claims that bodies are not which of the following?
5. Which term does Butler use to describe Kristeva's theory?
6. How does Butler feel about the strategy of subversion?
7. Lacan said that there was no direct access to which of the following?
8. Butler suggests that perhaps sexual desire is instituted by which of the following?
(b) Social forces.
9. Heterosexism in a masquerade is sustained by which of the following, as Butler describes?
10. Which of the following did Foucault critique?
(d) Gender identity.
11. Gender Trouble claims that drag parodies which of the following?
(a) Gender identity.
12. What type of body does Butler describe as refuting sexual categorization?
13. Butler says that the boundary of the body is which of the following?
(d) Socially constructed.
14. Who does Butler believe mistakenly holds the idea of a separation between sex and gender?
15. According to Butler, the XY female poses problems to what type of categories?
(a) Traditional gender.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud held that which of these was essential to ego formation?
2. Who emphasized linguistic distinctions between sexes as imposing cultural heterosexuality?
3. What is Herculine's last name?
4. How does Gender Trouble define a masquerade?
5. According to Butler, which lies outside of language and symbolism?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)