|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler describes repression of bisexuality as a locus of which of the following?
2. Butler claims that sometimes, there is recourse to which of the following?
(c) The maternal.
(d) The unconscious.
3. Wittig say that which was not determinative of sex?
(b) Physical features.
(c) The brain.
4. Kristeva views female homosexuality as which of the following?
5. On what issues do Lacan, Riviere, and Freud differ?
(b) Unconscious identification.
(c) Gender identification.
(d) Maternal identification.
6. What theory recognizes how the incest taboo works?
7. Which theorist explains the semiotic aspect of language?
8. Butler presents the idea that sexual nonidentity can be achieved through which of the following?
(a) Heterosexual sex.
(b) Homosexual sex.
(d) Intersexual relations.
9. Kristeva seems to understand the semiotic in what kinds of terms?
10. How does Gender Trouble define a masquerade?
(a) An individual without an identity.
(b) An individual with loose morals.
(c) An individual who wants to appear mainstream.
(d) A party where people hide their identities.
11. What view does Kristeva generally have toward laws?
(a) They are based on lies.
(b) They are oppressive.
(c) They are humble.
(d) They are naive.
12. Lacan said that there was no direct access to which of the following?
13. Who emphasized linguistic distinctions between sexes as imposing cultural heterosexuality?
14. What kind of gender norms make certain social forms possible and others impossible, according to Butler?
15. Butler suggests that bisexuality is which of the following?
(a) Lack of sexuality.
(b) Secondary sexuality.
(c) Non-binary sexuality.
(d) Extreme sexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wittig claims that _____ is not the rejection of heterosexuality?
2. Masks, according to Butler, allow people to refuse to offer which emotion?
3. The process of slowly incorporating various attributes is deemed which of the following?
4. Who does Butler compare Foucault to?
5. Herculine argues that the univocal idea of sex serves which of the following?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)