|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lacan, what do women represent?
(a) The phallus.
(b) The vagina.
(c) The earth.
(d) The children of the earth.
2. Butler says that Rubin's story relies too much on which of the following?
3. The process of slowly incorporating various attributes is deemed which of the following?
(b) Gender identification.
4. Foucault says that one should not be defined by which of the following?
5. Butler argues that the distinction between same and other is which of the following?
6. Butler claims that sometimes, there is recourse to which of the following?
(a) The unconscious.
(c) The maternal.
7. Butler suggests that perhaps sexual desire is instituted by which of the following?
(c) Social forces.
8. Freud held that which of these was essential to ego formation?
9. According to Butler, laws are results of which of the following?
(a) Social forces.
10. Butler describes repression of bisexuality as a locus of which of the following?
11. What is Herculine's last name?
12. Butler wishes to show where and how which of the following operates?
13. Which term does Butler use to describe Kristeva's theory?
14. Ontology requires appearance to match which of the following?
15. What theory recognizes how the incest taboo works?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wittig claims that _____ is not the rejection of heterosexuality?
2. What type of body does Butler describe as refuting sexual categorization?
3. Butler suggests that there is mere convention in which field than is supposed?
4. How is drag used, according to Butler?
5. Butler suggests that bisexuality is which of the following?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)