|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The theory of semiotic aspects of language seems to be a direct critique of which theorist?
2. Butler presents the idea that sexual nonidentity can be achieved through which of the following?
(a) Intersexual relations.
(b) Heterosexual sex.
(c) Homosexual sex.
3. Which term does Butler use to describe Kristeva's theory?
4. Gender Trouble claims that drag parodies which of the following?
(d) Gender identity.
5. Freud held that which of these was essential to ego formation?
6. What view does Kristeva generally have toward laws?
(a) They are naive.
(b) They are humble.
(c) They are based on lies.
(d) They are oppressive.
7. Butler suggests that prohibition of which of the following is related most to sexual desire?
8. Butler says that laws are not mere causes of which of the following?
9. Wittig says women must become which attribute?
10. Butler argues that the distinction between same and other is which of the following?
11. Kristeva argues that which of the following exists in poetry?
12. Butler claims that various conflicts and convergences produce shifting of which item?
13. Whose theory of language forbids looking for the "being" of gender?
14. Butler claims that genders can be which of the following?
15. Butler says that we cannot wholly separate sex from which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Butler, which lies outside of language and symbolism?
2. Butler describes repression of bisexuality as a locus of which of the following?
3. The process of slowly incorporating various attributes is deemed which of the following?
4. Butler suggests that bisexuality is which of the following?
5. How does Butler feel about the strategy of subversion?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)