|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Foucault create a genealogy of?
(a) Social regulations.
2. Butler claims that sometimes, there is recourse to which of the following?
(a) The unconscious.
(d) The maternal.
3. Which of the following does Butler think is hard to quantify?
4. Kristeva views female homosexuality as which of the following?
5. How does Gender Trouble define a masquerade?
(a) An individual without an identity.
(b) A party where people hide their identities.
(c) An individual with loose morals.
(d) An individual who wants to appear mainstream.
6. Who does Butler believe mistakenly holds the idea of a separation between sex and gender?
7. Butler wants to affirm that gender is always which of the following?
8. What is Herculine's last name?
9. Herculine argues that the univocal idea of sex serves which of the following?
(a) Liberal views.
(b) Linguistic laws.
(c) Social regulations.
(d) Cultural laws.
10. Who does Butler compare Foucault to?
11. Butler describes repression of bisexuality as a locus of which of the following?
12. Which of the following is a taboo, according to Gender Trouble?
13. Butler suggests that bisexuality is which of the following?
(a) Lack of sexuality.
(b) Non-binary sexuality.
(c) Extreme sexuality.
(d) Secondary sexuality.
14. On what issues do Lacan, Riviere, and Freud differ?
(a) Unconscious identification.
(b) Maternal identification.
(d) Gender identification.
15. Butler suggests that perhaps sexual desire is instituted by which of the following?
(b) Social forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of body does Butler describe as refuting sexual categorization?
2. What do feminist critics often focus on according to Butler?
3. Butler says that laws are not mere causes of which of the following?
4. To Kristeva, what relationship does the maternal body represent fluidity between?
5. Freud held that which of these was essential to ego formation?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)