|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler says that the boundary of the body is which of the following?
(c) Socially constructed.
2. Wittig say that which was not determinative of sex?
(a) The brain.
(b) Physical features.
3. Butler makes the claim that gender is a kind of what?
4. Which adjective best describes Lacan's view of language?
5. To Kristeva, poetry helps express the dependence of who?
6. What did Foucault create a genealogy of?
(b) Social regulations.
7. Lacan said that there was no direct access to which of the following?
8. Butler claims that sometimes, there is recourse to which of the following?
(a) The maternal.
(b) The unconscious.
9. Butler suggests that prohibition of which of the following is related most to sexual desire?
10. Butler says that we cannot wholly separate sex from which of the following?
11. What theory recognizes how the incest taboo works?
12. Butler makes the claim that a masquerade denies which of the following?
(a) Feminine desire.
(c) Masculine desire.
13. Butler presents the idea that sexual nonidentity can be achieved through which of the following?
(a) Heterosexual sex.
(c) Intersexual relations.
(d) Homosexual sex.
14. Foucault says that which of the following is problematic?
(a) Social regulations.
(b) Conservative views.
(c) Liberation views.
(d) Liberal views.
15. Butler suggests that bisexuality is which of the following?
(a) Lack of sexuality.
(b) Extreme sexuality.
(c) Secondary sexuality.
(d) Non-binary sexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler argues that the distinction between same and other is which of the following?
2. Herculine says that sex is which of the following?
3. Butler claims that bodies are not what kind of boundaries?
4. What kind of gender norms make certain social forms possible and others impossible, according to Butler?
5. How does Butler describe Wittig's idea of fictive sex?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)