|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wittig say that which was not determinative of sex?
(b) The brain.
(d) Physical features.
2. What do feminist critics often focus on according to Butler?
(b) Unconscious identification.
(c) Maternal identification.
(d) Gender identification.
3. According to Butler, laws are results of which of the following?
(c) Social forces.
4. What view does Kristeva generally have toward laws?
(a) They are oppressive.
(b) They are based on lies.
(c) They are naive.
(d) They are humble.
5. Butler says gender can be which of the following volitionally?
6. Herculine says that sex is which of the following?
(a) A root.
(b) A nuisance.
(c) An effect.
(d) A cause.
7. Butler describes repression of bisexuality as a locus of which of the following?
8. Who does Butler compare Foucault to?
9. Kristeva seems to understand the semiotic in what kinds of terms?
10. Butler makes the claim that gender is a kind of what?
11. Gender Trouble claims that drag parodies which of the following?
(a) Gender identity.
12. According to Butler, which cannot be fixed in advance?
13. How does Butler describe Wittig's idea of fictive sex?
14. Kristeva argues for the semiotic as a source of which of the following?
(a) Indirect subversion.
(b) Dependent subversion.
(c) Effective subversion.
(d) Psychosis subversion.
15. Wittig sees which of the following as being extended deliberately?
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler presents the idea that sexual nonidentity can be achieved through which of the following?
2. Butler says that distinctions between sexes and genders do not have to become which of the following?
3. Which of the following does Butler think is hard to quantify?
4. Butler claims that genders can be which of the following?
5. Lacan viewed cultural meaning's need for relating women to the maternal to be which of the following?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)