|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler describes incorporation as leading to which of these?
2. Who does Butler compare Foucault to?
3. How is drag used, according to Butler?
4. Herculine says that sex is which of the following?
(a) A cause.
(b) An effect.
(c) A nuisance.
(d) A root.
5. Kristeva views female homosexuality as which of the following?
6. Lacan viewed cultural meaning's need for relating women to the maternal to be which of the following?
7. Herculine argues that the univocal idea of sex serves which of the following?
(a) Linguistic laws.
(b) Liberal views.
(c) Cultural laws.
(d) Social regulations.
8. Kristeva argues that which of the following exists in poetry?
9. To Kristeva, poetry helps express the dependence of who?
10. Foucault says that one should not be defined by which of the following?
11. According to Butler, a lot of feminist theory relies on what type of categories?
12. Through apposition, what does Wittig think lesbianism engages?
13. Gender Trouble claims that drag parodies which of the following?
(d) Gender identity.
14. Butler claims that genders can be which of the following?
15. Butler says that Rubin's story relies too much on which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler wishes to show where and how which of the following operates?
2. What theory recognizes how the incest taboo works?
3. What do feminist critics often focus on according to Butler?
4. Butler suggests that prohibition of which of the following is related most to sexual desire?
5. Wittig said that the use of power is not always which of the following?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)