|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Desires, according to Butler, lead to which of the following?
(b) Melancholy of gender.
2. Butler says that laws are not mere causes of which of the following?
3. Wittig said that the use of power is not always which of the following?
4. Butler says that Rubin's story relies too much on which of the following?
5. The theory of semiotic aspects of language seems to be a direct critique of which theorist?
6. Ontology requires appearance to match which of the following?
7. Which term does Butler use to describe Kristeva's theory?
8. To Kristeva, poetry helps express the dependence of who?
9. Butler claims that bodies are not what kind of boundaries?
10. Who emphasized linguistic distinctions between sexes as imposing cultural heterosexuality?
11. Butler claims that bodies are not which of the following?
12. According to Butler, laws are results of which of the following?
(c) Social forces.
13. Kristeva seems to understand the semiotic in what kinds of terms?
14. Freud held that which of these was essential to ego formation?
15. Butler makes the claim that gender is a kind of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wittig sees which of the following as being extended deliberately?
2. Gender Trouble claims that drag parodies which of the following?
3. Herculine argues that the univocal idea of sex serves which of the following?
4. According to Butler, how does Wittig apply the idea of fictive sex?
5. What view does Kristeva generally have toward laws?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)