|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gender Trouble define a masquerade?
(a) An individual who wants to appear mainstream.
(b) A party where people hide their identities.
(c) An individual with loose morals.
(d) An individual without an identity.
2. Butler suggests that prohibition of which of the following is related most to sexual desire?
3. Butler says that we cannot wholly separate sex from which of the following?
4. On what issues do Lacan, Riviere, and Freud differ?
(a) Maternal identification.
(b) Gender identification.
(c) Unconscious identification.
5. Butler presents the idea that sexual nonidentity can be achieved through which of the following?
(b) Homosexual sex.
(c) Intersexual relations.
(d) Heterosexual sex.
6. Wittig say that which was not determinative of sex?
(b) Physical features.
(d) The brain.
7. Kristeva views female homosexuality as which of the following?
8. Foucault says that which of the following is problematic?
(a) Social regulations.
(b) Liberal views.
(c) Liberation views.
(d) Conservative views.
9. Lacan said that there was no direct access to which of the following?
10. What is Herculine's last name?
11. Wittig said that the use of power is not always which of the following?
12. Butler claims that sometimes, there is recourse to which of the following?
(a) The maternal.
(b) The unconscious.
13. Butler describes incorporation as leading to which of these?
14. Kristeva argues for the semiotic as a source of which of the following?
(a) Indirect subversion.
(b) Effective subversion.
(c) Dependent subversion.
(d) Psychosis subversion.
15. Lacan viewed cultural meaning's need for relating women to the maternal to be which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler suggests that perhaps sexual desire is instituted by which of the following?
2. What theory recognizes how the incest taboo works?
3. Ontology requires appearance to match which of the following?
4. According to Butler, the XY female poses problems to what type of categories?
5. Herculine argues that the univocal idea of sex serves which of the following?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)