|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud held that which of these was essential to ego formation?
2. According to Butler, the XY female poses problems to what type of categories?
(b) Traditional gender.
3. What type of body does Butler describe as refuting sexual categorization?
4. Butler claims that various conflicts and convergences produce shifting of which item?
5. Herculine says that sex is which of the following?
(a) A root.
(b) A nuisance.
(c) A cause.
(d) An effect.
6. Butler wants to affirm that gender is always which of the following?
7. What kind of gender norms make certain social forms possible and others impossible, according to Butler?
8. How is drag used, according to Butler?
9. Wittig said that the use of power is not always which of the following?
10. Wittig sees which of the following as being extended deliberately?
11. What type of appearance does a masquerade give, according to Butler?
12. Butler asks if what kind of human can exist?
13. Butler claims that bodies are not which of the following?
14. What type of media did Herculine write?
15. To Kristeva, poetry helps express the dependence of who?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is described by Butler as adopting incorporation as a mechanism of gender?
2. Butler suggests that prohibition of which of the following is related most to sexual desire?
3. Ontology requires appearance to match which of the following?
4. Butler makes the claim that gender is a kind of what?
5. Which theorist explains the semiotic aspect of language?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)