|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms does Butler use to describe oppression?
2. Butler's thesis is that well-defined and unified categories of women undermine the ability to represent which of the following?
3. According to Butler, gender differentiates which of the following?
4. Foucault discussed which of the following as being relevant to gender oppression at the hands of politics?
5. Butler suggests that we may be able to speak of what type of person without masculine attributes?
6. According to Butler, what can exist outside power discourse?
7. Butler states that when feminism splits ideas of sex and gender, it also splits which of the following?
8. Which of the following does Butler describe as always being a part of the language of gender?
9. Butler claims that which of these is needed for a point to hold?
(a) Ontology of sex.
(b) Ontology of feminism.
(c) Ontology of gender.
(d) Ontology of liberation.
10. What do Beauvoir and Irigaray disagree on?
(a) How sexality is a societal construction.
(b) How gender asymmetry is generated.
(c) How societal mechanisms create identity.
(d) How gender is presumed to be the same as sex.
11. Butler claims that women are often identified with which of the following terms?
12. Butler describes which of these as not being inevitable?
13. What does Butler want to see in relation to politics?
(a) Conservative politics.
(b) Feminist politics.
(c) Masculine politics.
(d) Post-feminist politics.
14. In Gender Trouble, male-female distinction is compared to which distinction?
15. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dominance of man express to Butler?
2. According to Butler, culture separation obscures which of the following?
3. The subject of feminism cannot ground which of the following, according to Butler?
4. Butler claims that which of the following produce feminine identity?
5. Gender can be constructed for political reasons to take which of the following actions, according to Gender Trouble?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)