|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Levi-Strauss said that which of the following is the beginning of the divide between men and women?
(a) Forbidding incest.
(b) Allowing women to have an education.
(c) Allowing incest.
(d) Forbidding women to breastfeed.
2. Butler claims that the idea of conceiving sex in a concrete way supports which of these?
3. Butler believes that gender is which of the following?
4. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
(a) Less open.
(d) More open.
5. Who does Butler lean toward in terms of gender asymmetry?
6. Butler describes language as a tool of which of the following?
7. Irigaray sees dialogue as a manifestation of which of the following?
(d) Linguistic sexuality.
8. Butler's thesis is that well-defined and unified categories of women undermine the ability to represent which of the following?
9. To understand gender identity, Butler states that we must know which of the following?
(a) Matrix of feminist politics.
(b) Matrix of ntelligibility.
(c) Matrix of feminism.
(d) Matrix of gender trouble.
10. What does Butler want to see in relation to politics?
(a) Post-feminist politics.
(b) Feminist politics.
(c) Masculine politics.
(d) Conservative politics.
11. Butler states that women must take which approach?
12. What is homoeroticism?
(a) The sexual preference of women for men.
(b) The sexual preference of men for men.
(c) The sexual preference of men for women.
(d) The sexual preference of women for women.
13. Butler insists that unity is not necessary for which to be effective?
(d) Political action.
14. What term does Butler use to describe all sexuality straying from social laws?
15. Without recourse to some idea of power, which does Butler believe cannot be achieved?
(b) Power discourse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
2. Foucault discussed which of the following as being relevant to gender oppression at the hands of politics?
3. What did Levi-Strauss consider the totality and closure of?
4. Butler states that when feminism splits ideas of sex and gender, it also splits which of the following?
5. Butler describes feminists as often hoping for which of the following?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)