|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler believed that the definition of what word should be permanently deferred?
2. To understand gender identity, Butler states that we must know which of the following?
(a) Matrix of feminism.
(b) Matrix of gender trouble.
(c) Matrix of ntelligibility.
(d) Matrix of feminist politics.
3. To Butler, worry arises that the idea of which of the following has no meaning?
4. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
5. Butler describes the presumed existing feminine identity as which of the following?
6. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
7. Butler suggests that we may be able to speak of what type of person without masculine attributes?
8. Butler thinkss the definition of gender should be which of the following?
(a) Closed tightly.
(b) Closed loosly.
(c) Left open.
9. Which of the following describes power structures as Butler sees them?
(a) Not all bad.
(b) All bad.
(c) Never patriarchal.
(d) All patriarchal.
10. The process of construction, as described by Butler, is which of the following?
11. What term does Butler use to describe all sexuality straying from social laws?
12. Irigaray saw women as the negation of which of the following?
13. What does non-reciprocity relate to?
(a) Political oppression.
(c) Cultural laws.
14. Butler describes construction as caught between which two elements?
(a) Science and religion.
(b) Destiny and fate.
(c) Determinism and free will.
(d) Society and self.
15. Many feminists believe that one must develop which of the following?
(a) Feminine identiy.
(b) Childish identity.
(c) Political identity.
(d) Societial-prescribed identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Butler, looking for sexed nature prior to culture is a result of which of the following?
2. Butler describes the distinction between gender and sex as first being used to undermine which of the following?
3. In Gender Trouble, male-female distinction is compared to which distinction?
4. Butler insists that unity is not necessary for which to be effective?
5. Without recourse to some idea of power, which does Butler believe cannot be achieved?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)