|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler says the question of which of the following makes women a positive being?
(a) Metaphysics of bodies.
(b) Metaphysics of determinism.
(c) Metaphysics of constraint.
(d) Metaphysics of substance.
2. What are theories referred to that produce ideas of social mechanisms of power?
3. According to Butler, what makes feminist discourse circular?
(a) Lack of societal mechanism.
(b) Lack of constraint.
(c) Lack of men.
(d) Lack of clarity.
4. Butler believed that the definition of what word should be permanently deferred?
5. What is the second effect of counterexamples of well-defined concepts, as pointed out by Butler?
(a) Marginilizes people.
(b) Supports feminist politics.
(c) Undermines identity.
(d) Increases identity.
6. What is homoeroticism?
(a) The sexual preference of men for women.
(b) The sexual preference of women for men.
(c) The sexual preference of women for women.
(d) The sexual preference of men for men.
7. In Gender Trouble, male-female distinction is compared to which distinction?
8. Butler thinkss the definition of gender should be which of the following?
(a) Closed tightly.
(c) Left open.
(d) Closed loosly.
9. Butler describes construction as caught between which two elements?
(a) Science and religion.
(b) Determinism and free will.
(c) Society and self.
(d) Destiny and fate.
10. What did Levi-Strauss consider the totality and closure of?
(a) Utopian society.
11. Butler states that if the distinction between sex and gender is pushed too far, the idea of gender becomes of the following?
(a) Disconnected from feminist politics.
(b) Disconnected from destiny.
(c) Disconnected from the body.
(d) Disconnected from feminism.
12. Butler points out that which of the following is related to entrapping assumptions about identity?
(a) Unified categories.
(b) Feminine identity.
(c) Feminist politics.
13. What is the first effect of counterexamples of well-defined concepts, as pointed out by Butler?
(a) Societal mechanisms result.
(b) Obscures reality.
(c) Foundationalism results.
(d) Feminist politics strengthen.
14. According to Butler, binary restrictions on sex are constructed to serve which of the following?
(a) Cumpulsory homosexuality.
(b) Voluntary heterosexuality.
(c) Compulsory heterosexuality.
(d) Forced homosexuality.
15. Butler claims that women are often identified with which of the following terms?
Short Answer Questions
1. Some feminists believe that what is the cultural interpretation of sex?
2. What does non-reciprocity relate to?
3. Irigaray saw women as the negation of which of the following?
4. Butler says that the idea of woman may obscure which of the following?
5. Without recourse to some idea of power, which does Butler believe cannot be achieved?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)