|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does non-reciprocity relate to?
(a) Political oppression.
(d) Cultural laws.
2. Who does Butler describe as concerning themselves with cultural laws and roles in oppression?
3. Butler describes construction as caught between which two elements?
(a) Science and religion.
(b) Society and self.
(c) Destiny and fate.
(d) Determinism and free will.
4. What did Levi-Strauss consider the totality and closure of?
(d) Utopian society.
5. What are theories referred to that produce ideas of social mechanisms of power?
6. Who does Butler lean toward in terms of gender asymmetry?
7. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
(a) More open.
(d) Less open.
8. Butler describes which of these as not being inevitable?
9. To Butler, worry arises that the idea of which of the following has no meaning?
10. Foucault discussed which of the following as being relevant to gender oppression at the hands of politics?
11. According to Butler, what can exist outside power discourse?
12. Levi-Strauss said that which of the following is the beginning of the divide between men and women?
(a) Allowing incest.
(b) Forbidding women to breastfeed.
(c) Forbidding incest.
(d) Allowing women to have an education.
13. What does the dominance of man express to Butler?
14. Which of the following does Butler describe as always being a part of the language of gender?
15. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Butler, gender differentiates which of the following?
2. Gender can be constructed for political reasons to take which of the following actions, according to Gender Trouble?
3. Butler describes the distinction between gender and sex as first being used to undermine which of the following?
4. What is homoeroticism?
5. Which of the following describes power structures as Butler sees them?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)