|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler describes all sexuality as being constructed within which of the following?
(a) Power discourse.
(d) Societal mechanisms.
2. Butler describes which of these as not being inevitable?
3. The subject of feminism cannot ground which of the following, according to Butler?
(a) Post-feminist politics.
(b) Feminist politics.
(c) Masculine identity.
(d) Feminine identity.
4. According to Butler, what makes feminist discourse circular?
(a) Lack of societal mechanism.
(b) Lack of men.
(c) Lack of constraint.
(d) Lack of clarity.
5. According to Butler, what can exist outside power discourse?
6. What is the second effect of counterexamples of well-defined concepts, as pointed out by Butler?
(a) Undermines identity.
(b) Increases identity.
(c) Marginilizes people.
(d) Supports feminist politics.
7. According to Butler, gender differentiates which of the following?
8. Butler describes language as a tool of which of the following?
9. In Gender Trouble, male-female distinction is compared to which distinction?
10. Butler claims that the idea of conceiving sex in a concrete way supports which of these?
11. According to Butler, oppression requires which of the following?
(a) A savior.
(b) A hidden agent.
(c) A scapegoat.
(d) A villain.
12. Butler states that women must take which approach?
13. Butler believes that gender is which of the following?
14. Many feminists believe that one must develop which of the following?
(a) Feminine identiy.
(b) Societial-prescribed identity.
(c) Political identity.
(d) Childish identity.
15. According to Butler, binary restrictions on sex are constructed to serve which of the following?
(a) Forced homosexuality.
(b) Cumpulsory homosexuality.
(c) Compulsory heterosexuality.
(d) Voluntary heterosexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is true, according to Foucault?
2. According to Butler, gender is more an attribute than a what?
3. Butler believed that the definition of what word should be permanently deferred?
4. Without recourse to some idea of power, which does Butler believe cannot be achieved?
5. What did Levi-Strauss consider the totality and closure of?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)