|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many feminists believe that one must develop which of the following?
(a) Societial-prescribed identity.
(b) Political identity.
(c) Childish identity.
(d) Feminine identiy.
2. Butler describes construction as caught between which two elements?
(a) Destiny and fate.
(b) Society and self.
(c) Determinism and free will.
(d) Science and religion.
3. Butler states that when feminism splits ideas of sex and gender, it also splits which of the following?
4. Butler describes which of these as not being inevitable?
5. Butler believed that the definition of what word should be permanently deferred?
6. To Butler, looking for sexed nature prior to culture is a result of which of the following?
(a) Low intelligence.
(b) Bad intentions.
(c) High intelligence.
(d) Good intentions.
7. Butler believes that gender is which of the following?
8. Some sexuality is enhanced by which of the following, according to Butler?
9. Butler describes feminists as often hoping for which of the following?
(a) Poltiical revolution.
(b) Utopian revolution.
(c) Masculine revolution.
(d) Angry revolution.
10. What does non-reciprocity relate to?
(a) Cultural laws.
(b) Political oppression.
11. What does the dominance of man express to Butler?
12. According to Butler, what makes feminist discourse circular?
(a) Lack of constraint.
(b) Lack of societal mechanism.
(c) Lack of clarity.
(d) Lack of men.
13. Butler claims that the idea of conceiving sex in a concrete way supports which of these?
14. Many feminists say that the idea of "woman" is which of the following?
(b) Not well-defined.
(d) Not concrete.
15. Butler says that feminist theory often looks for what type of person?
(a) A savior.
(b) An evil man.
(c) A scapegoat.
(d) A villain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler states that women must take which approach?
2. According to Butler, binary restrictions on sex are constructed to serve which of the following?
3. Which of the following terms does Butler use to describe oppression?
4. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
5. Who does Butler lean toward in terms of gender asymmetry?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)