|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Levi-Strauss consider the totality and closure of?
(a) Utopian society.
2. What is homoeroticism?
(a) The sexual preference of women for men.
(b) The sexual preference of women for women.
(c) The sexual preference of men for men.
(d) The sexual preference of men for women.
3. Wittig wants which idea to be destroyed?
4. What is the first effect of counterexamples of well-defined concepts, as pointed out by Butler?
(a) Obscures reality.
(b) Feminist politics strengthen.
(c) Foundationalism results.
(d) Societal mechanisms result.
5. Butler describes language as a tool of which of the following?
6. According to Butler, oppression requires which of the following?
(a) A savior.
(b) A scapegoat.
(c) A villain.
(d) A hidden agent.
7. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
8. To Butler, looking for sexed nature prior to culture is a result of which of the following?
(a) High intelligence.
(b) Low intelligence.
(c) Good intentions.
(d) Bad intentions.
9. What term does Butler use to describe all sexuality straying from social laws?
10. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
(c) More open.
(d) Less open.
11. According to Butler, culture separation obscures which of the following?
12. Butler points out that which of the following is related to entrapping assumptions about identity?
(a) Feminine identity.
(b) Feminist politics.
(d) Unified categories.
13. Gender can be constructed for political reasons to take which of the following actions, according to Gender Trouble?
14. Irigaray's idea of feminine "sex" is described as including which of the following?
(a) Linguistic absence.
(b) Absence of constraint.
(c) Gender absence.
(d) Absence of construction.
15. Butler believes that gender is which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Butler describe as always being a part of the language of gender?
2. What is the second effect of counterexamples of well-defined concepts, as pointed out by Butler?
3. Some sexuality is enhanced by which of the following, according to Butler?
4. What does Butler want to see in relation to politics?
5. Butler says that the idea of woman may obscure which of the following?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)