|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler points out that which of the following is related to entrapping assumptions about identity?
(a) Feminine identity.
(b) Unified categories.
(d) Feminist politics.
2. Some feminists believe that what is the cultural interpretation of sex?
3. Many feminists believe that one must develop which of the following?
(a) Societial-prescribed identity.
(b) Feminine identiy.
(c) Political identity.
(d) Childish identity.
4. Gender can be constructed for political reasons to take which of the following actions, according to Gender Trouble?
5. Butler describes construction as caught between which two elements?
(a) Destiny and fate.
(b) Society and self.
(c) Science and religion.
(d) Determinism and free will.
6. What do Beauvoir and Irigaray disagree on?
(a) How societal mechanisms create identity.
(b) How gender asymmetry is generated.
(c) How sexality is a societal construction.
(d) How gender is presumed to be the same as sex.
7. Butler describes all sexuality as being constructed within which of the following?
(b) Power discourse.
(d) Societal mechanisms.
8. Butler warns not to use identity as which of the following?
(a) A cause.
(b) An excuse.
(c) A premise.
(d) A reason.
9. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
(b) More open.
(c) Less open.
10. Irigaray's idea of feminine "sex" is described as including which of the following?
(a) Linguistic absence.
(b) Absence of constraint.
(c) Absence of construction.
(d) Gender absence.
11. Butler thinkss the definition of gender should be which of the following?
(a) Closed loosly.
(c) Left open.
(d) Closed tightly.
12. According to Butler, what makes feminist discourse circular?
(a) Lack of men.
(b) Lack of clarity.
(c) Lack of constraint.
(d) Lack of societal mechanism.
13. Many feminists say that the idea of "woman" is which of the following?
(a) Not well-defined.
(b) Not concrete.
14. Butler believed that the definition of what word should be permanently deferred?
15. Butler believes that gender is which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Butler, what can exist outside power discourse?
2. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
3. What is the first effect of counterexamples of well-defined concepts, as pointed out by Butler?
4. According to Butler, gender is more an attribute than a what?
5. According to Butler, oppression requires which of the following?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)