|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler claims that which of the following produce feminine identity?
(a) Societal mechanisms.
(c) Entrapping assumptions.
(d) Feminist politics.
2. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
3. According to Butler, culture separation obscures which of the following?
4. The subject of feminism cannot ground which of the following, according to Butler?
(a) Feminine identity.
(b) Post-feminist politics.
(c) Feminist politics.
(d) Masculine identity.
5. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
6. Some sexuality is enhanced by which of the following, according to Butler?
7. Butler makes the claim that what type of genders produce coherence and continuity?
8. Foucault discussed which of the following as being relevant to gender oppression at the hands of politics?
9. Many feminists say that the idea of "woman" is which of the following?
(a) Not concrete.
(b) Not well-defined.
10. Butler claims that women are often identified with which of the following terms?
11. Which of the following describes power structures as Butler sees them?
(a) Never patriarchal.
(b) All bad.
(c) All patriarchal.
(d) Not all bad.
12. Butler states that when feminism splits ideas of sex and gender, it also splits which of the following?
13. Butler describes construction as caught between which two elements?
(a) Society and self.
(b) Destiny and fate.
(c) Science and religion.
(d) Determinism and free will.
14. Butler believed that the definition of what word should be permanently deferred?
15. Butler states that women must take which approach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler claims that feminists should criticize in which manner?
2. What do Beauvoir and Irigaray disagree on?
3. Which is true, according to Foucault?
4. Butler describes language as a tool of which of the following?
5. What is homoeroticism?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)