|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irigaray's idea of feminine "sex" is described as including which of the following?
(a) Gender absence.
(b) Absence of construction.
(c) Absence of constraint.
(d) Linguistic absence.
2. Butler says that feminist theory often looks for what type of person?
(a) An evil man.
(b) A savior.
(c) A villain.
(d) A scapegoat.
3. Many feminists say that the idea of "woman" is which of the following?
(a) Not well-defined.
(c) Not concrete.
4. Butler describes the presumed existing feminine identity as which of the following?
5. What term does Butler use to describe all sexuality straying from social laws?
6. Who does Butler describe as concerning themselves with cultural laws and roles in oppression?
7. Which of the following adjectives does Butler use to describe oppression?
8. Butler insists that unity is not necessary for which to be effective?
(b) Political action.
9. Which of the following does Butler describe as always being a part of the language of gender?
10. Wittig wants which idea to be destroyed?
11. Who does Butler lean toward in terms of gender asymmetry?
12. According to Butler, what can exist outside power discourse?
13. Which is true, according to Foucault?
(a) Society does not impact identity.
(b) Entrapping assumptions are necessary.
(c) Requirements precede identity.
(d) Societal mechanisms are more important than identity.
14. Irigaray sees dialogue as a manifestation of which of the following?
(c) Linguistic sexuality.
15. In Gender Trouble, male-female distinction is compared to which distinction?
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler points out that which of the following is related to entrapping assumptions about identity?
2. Butler states that if the distinction between sex and gender is pushed too far, the idea of gender becomes of the following?
3. Butler describes the distinction between gender and sex as first being used to undermine which of the following?
4. Butler says the question of which of the following makes women a positive being?
5. Butler says that which group can appropriate the idea of sexual difference?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)