|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Butler, gender is more an attribute than a what?
(b) Social construction.
(c) Societal mechanism.
2. Butler thinkss the definition of gender should be which of the following?
(a) Left open.
(c) Closed tightly.
(d) Closed loosly.
3. Butler suggests that we may be able to speak of what type of person without masculine attributes?
4. Butler claims that the idea of conceiving sex in a concrete way supports which of these?
5. Butler describes language as a tool of which of the following?
6. Levi-Strauss said that which of the following is the beginning of the divide between men and women?
(a) Allowing incest.
(b) Forbidding incest.
(c) Allowing women to have an education.
(d) Forbidding women to breastfeed.
7. Butler states that when feminism splits ideas of sex and gender, it also splits which of the following?
8. What does non-reciprocity relate to?
(c) Political oppression.
(d) Cultural laws.
9. According to Butler, coalitions effectively promote which of the following?
(c) Gender roles.
10. Butler claims that which of these is needed for a point to hold?
(a) Ontology of sex.
(b) Ontology of feminism.
(c) Ontology of liberation.
(d) Ontology of gender.
11. Gender can be constructed for political reasons to take which of the following actions, according to Gender Trouble?
12. What does the dominance of man express to Butler?
13. Without recourse to some idea of power, which does Butler believe cannot be achieved?
(c) Power discourse.
14. Butler describes the distinction between gender and sex as first being used to undermine which of the following?
(a) Science vs. religion.
(b) Future vs. past.
(c) Faith vs. destiny.
(d) Biology vs. destiny.
15. Butler says that the idea of woman may obscure which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Butler, culture separation obscures which of the following?
2. The subject of feminism cannot ground which of the following, according to Butler?
3. Butler says that which group can appropriate the idea of sexual difference?
4. Irigaray sees dialogue as a manifestation of which of the following?
5. To Butler, looking for sexed nature prior to culture is a result of which of the following?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)