|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Butler describe as always being a part of the language of gender?
2. Irigaray sees dialogue as a manifestation of which of the following?
(a) Linguistic sexuality.
3. According to Butler, gender differentiates which of the following?
4. Some feminists believe that what is the cultural interpretation of sex?
5. Irigaray saw women as the negation of which of the following?
6. Butler claims that which of these is needed for a point to hold?
(a) Ontology of sex.
(b) Ontology of liberation.
(c) Ontology of feminism.
(d) Ontology of gender.
7. Butler states that when feminism splits ideas of sex and gender, it also splits which of the following?
8. Who does Butler describe as concerning themselves with cultural laws and roles in oppression?
9. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
(a) More open.
(d) Less open.
10. Butler says the question of which of the following makes women a positive being?
(a) Metaphysics of determinism.
(b) Metaphysics of substance.
(c) Metaphysics of bodies.
(d) Metaphysics of constraint.
11. What does non-reciprocity relate to?
(a) Cultural laws.
(d) Political oppression.
12. Some sexuality is enhanced by which of the following, according to Butler?
13. What do Beauvoir and Irigaray disagree on?
(a) How gender is presumed to be the same as sex.
(b) How societal mechanisms create identity.
(c) How gender asymmetry is generated.
(d) How sexality is a societal construction.
14. According to Butler, culture separation obscures which of the following?
15. Butler describes which of these as not being inevitable?
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler makes the claim that what type of genders produce coherence and continuity?
2. What term does Butler use to describe all sexuality straying from social laws?
3. Butler states that women must take which approach?
4. According to Butler, binary restrictions on sex are constructed to serve which of the following?
5. What does the dominance of man express to Butler?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)