|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Foucault discussed which of the following as being relevant to gender oppression at the hands of politics?
2. To understand gender identity, Butler states that we must know which of the following?
(a) Matrix of ntelligibility.
(b) Matrix of gender trouble.
(c) Matrix of feminism.
(d) Matrix of feminist politics.
3. Irigaray saw women as the negation of which of the following?
4. Levi-Strauss said that which of the following is the beginning of the divide between men and women?
(a) Forbidding women to breastfeed.
(b) Allowing women to have an education.
(c) Allowing incest.
(d) Forbidding incest.
5. Which of the following terms does Butler use to describe oppression?
6. Butler thinkss the definition of gender should be which of the following?
(a) Closed tightly.
(c) Closed loosly.
(d) Left open.
7. Irigaray sees dialogue as a manifestation of which of the following?
(b) Linguistic sexuality.
8. Butler describes language as a tool of which of the following?
9. Butler claims that the idea of conceiving sex in a concrete way supports which of these?
10. The subject of feminism cannot ground which of the following, according to Butler?
(a) Masculine identity.
(b) Feminine identity.
(c) Post-feminist politics.
(d) Feminist politics.
11. Wittig wants which idea to be destroyed?
12. Butler claims that women are often identified with which of the following terms?
13. Butler says that which group can appropriate the idea of sexual difference?
14. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
(a) Less open.
(b) More open.
15. According to Butler, oppression requires which of the following?
(a) A villain.
(b) A savior.
(c) A scapegoat.
(d) A hidden agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dominance of man express to Butler?
2. Beauvoir thinks that masculine discourse is which of the following?
3. Some sexuality is enhanced by which of the following, according to Butler?
4. Butler suggests that we may be able to speak of what type of person without masculine attributes?
5. Butler warns not to use identity as which of the following?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)