|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler states that women must take which approach?
2. Butler thinkss the definition of gender should be which of the following?
(a) Closed loosly.
(c) Closed tightly.
(d) Left open.
3. To Butler, worry arises that the idea of which of the following has no meaning?
4. Butler describes feminists as often hoping for which of the following?
(a) Poltiical revolution.
(b) Angry revolution.
(c) Masculine revolution.
(d) Utopian revolution.
5. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
6. Butler describes all sexuality as being constructed within which of the following?
(a) Societal mechanisms.
(c) Power discourse.
7. According to Butler, what makes feminist discourse circular?
(a) Lack of constraint.
(b) Lack of societal mechanism.
(c) Lack of clarity.
(d) Lack of men.
8. Irigaray sees dialogue as a manifestation of which of the following?
(b) Linguistic sexuality.
9. Butler believes that gender is which of the following?
10. Irigaray saw women as the negation of which of the following?
11. Butler claims that which of these is needed for a point to hold?
(a) Ontology of sex.
(b) Ontology of liberation.
(c) Ontology of gender.
(d) Ontology of feminism.
12. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
(a) More open.
(b) Less open.
13. Some sexuality is enhanced by which of the following, according to Butler?
14. Which is true, according to Foucault?
(a) Entrapping assumptions are necessary.
(b) Requirements precede identity.
(c) Society does not impact identity.
(d) Societal mechanisms are more important than identity.
15. Butler states that when feminism splits ideas of sex and gender, it also splits which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Butler, coalitions effectively promote which of the following?
2. Butler insists that unity is not necessary for which to be effective?
3. What does non-reciprocity relate to?
4. Butler says that which group can appropriate the idea of sexual difference?
5. Beauvoir thinks that masculine discourse is which of the following?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)