|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler claims that women are often identified with which of the following terms?
2. According to Butler, gender differentiates which of the following?
3. Many feminists say that the idea of "woman" is which of the following?
(c) Not concrete.
(d) Not well-defined.
4. What is homoeroticism?
(a) The sexual preference of women for men.
(b) The sexual preference of men for women.
(c) The sexual preference of women for women.
(d) The sexual preference of men for men.
5. Butler claims that the idea of conceiving sex in a concrete way supports which of these?
6. Butler suggests that we may be able to speak of what type of person without masculine attributes?
7. Butler states that if the distinction between sex and gender is pushed too far, the idea of gender becomes of the following?
(a) Disconnected from destiny.
(b) Disconnected from feminist politics.
(c) Disconnected from feminism.
(d) Disconnected from the body.
8. Butler points out that which of the following is related to entrapping assumptions about identity?
(a) Feminine identity.
(c) Feminist politics.
(d) Unified categories.
9. According to Butler, binary restrictions on sex are constructed to serve which of the following?
(a) Forced homosexuality.
(b) Cumpulsory homosexuality.
(c) Compulsory heterosexuality.
(d) Voluntary heterosexuality.
10. Butler states that women must take which approach?
11. Butler says that feminist theory often looks for what type of person?
(a) A savior.
(b) A scapegoat.
(c) An evil man.
(d) A villain.
12. The subject of feminism cannot ground which of the following, according to Butler?
(a) Masculine identity.
(b) Post-feminist politics.
(c) Feminine identity.
(d) Feminist politics.
13. Butler says that the idea of woman may obscure which of the following?
14. Beauvoir thinks that masculine discourse is which of the following?
15. Butler describes the distinction between gender and sex as first being used to undermine which of the following?
(a) Faith vs. destiny.
(b) Science vs. religion.
(c) Biology vs. destiny.
(d) Future vs. past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some feminists believe that what is the cultural interpretation of sex?
2. What is the first effect of counterexamples of well-defined concepts, as pointed out by Butler?
3. Levi-Strauss said that which of the following is the beginning of the divide between men and women?
4. According to Butler, what can exist outside power discourse?
5. Without recourse to some idea of power, which does Butler believe cannot be achieved?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)