|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes power structures as Butler sees them?
(a) Never patriarchal.
(b) All bad.
(c) Not all bad.
(d) All patriarchal.
2. Who does Butler describe as concerning themselves with cultural laws and roles in oppression?
3. According to Butler, culture separation obscures which of the following?
4. According to Butler, gender differentiates which of the following?
5. What are theories referred to that produce ideas of social mechanisms of power?
6. Without recourse to some idea of power, which does Butler believe cannot be achieved?
(d) Power discourse.
7. What does non-reciprocity relate to?
(b) Cultural laws.
(d) Political oppression.
8. According to Butler, what makes feminist discourse circular?
(a) Lack of men.
(b) Lack of constraint.
(c) Lack of clarity.
(d) Lack of societal mechanism.
9. Which of the following does Butler describe as always being a part of the language of gender?
10. Butler claims that women are often identified with which of the following terms?
11. To Butler, worry arises that the idea of which of the following has no meaning?
12. According to Butler, gender is more an attribute than a what?
(a) Societal mechanism.
(d) Social construction.
13. Foucault discussed which of the following as being relevant to gender oppression at the hands of politics?
14. According to Butler, oppression requires which of the following?
(a) A hidden agent.
(b) A villain.
(c) A savior.
(d) A scapegoat.
15. Butler believed that the definition of what word should be permanently deferred?
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler says that the idea of woman may obscure which of the following?
2. Some feminists believe that what is the cultural interpretation of sex?
3. Butler suggests that we may be able to speak of what type of person without masculine attributes?
4. Butler says the question of which of the following makes women a positive being?
5. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)