|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Subversive Bodily Acts, Section II, Foucault, Herculine, and the Politics of Sexual Discontinuity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Butler, binary restrictions on sex are constructed to serve which of the following?
(a) Forced homosexuality.
(b) Voluntary heterosexuality.
(c) Cumpulsory homosexuality.
(d) Compulsory heterosexuality.
2. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
3. What view does Kristeva generally have toward laws?
(a) They are based on lies.
(b) They are humble.
(c) They are oppressive.
(d) They are naive.
4. Irigaray saw women as the negation of which of the following?
5. The process of construction, as described by Butler, is which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Butler use to describe all sexuality straying from social laws?
2. Which theorist explains the semiotic aspect of language?
3. Butler suggests that bisexuality is which of the following?
4. Foucault says that which of the following is problematic?
5. What type of appearance does a masquerade give, according to Butler?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)