|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Subversive Bodily Acts, Section II, Foucault, Herculine, and the Politics of Sexual Discontinuity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Butler compare Foucault to?
2. What do Beauvoir and Irigaray disagree on?
(a) How sexality is a societal construction.
(b) How gender is presumed to be the same as sex.
(c) How societal mechanisms create identity.
(d) How gender asymmetry is generated.
3. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
(b) More open.
(c) Less open.
4. The process of construction, as described by Butler, is which of the following?
5. Butler says the question of which of the following makes women a positive being?
(a) Metaphysics of constraint.
(b) Metaphysics of bodies.
(c) Metaphysics of substance.
(d) Metaphysics of determinism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wittig wants which idea to be destroyed?
2. Butler describes all sexuality as being constructed within which of the following?
3. On what issues do Lacan, Riviere, and Freud differ?
4. Butler states that women must take which approach?
5. Butler describes which of these as not being inevitable?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)