|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Prohibition, Psychoanalysis, and the Production of the Heterosexual Matrix, Section V, Reformulating Prohibition as Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes power structures as Butler sees them?
(a) All bad.
(b) Never patriarchal.
(c) Not all bad.
(d) All patriarchal.
2. Which of the following adjectives does Butler use to describe oppression?
3. Irigaray saw women as the negation of which of the following?
4. Butler thinkss the definition of gender should be which of the following?
(a) Closed loosly.
(b) Closed tightly.
(d) Left open.
5. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Butler, culture separation obscures which of the following?
2. Who does Butler describe as concerning themselves with cultural laws and roles in oppression?
3. Butler describes which concept as explanations with more plausibility than taboos?
4. Butler says that which group can appropriate the idea of sexual difference?
5. Butler makes the claim that what type of genders produce coherence and continuity?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)