|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Prohibition, Psychoanalysis, and the Production of the Heterosexual Matrix, Section V, Reformulating Prohibition as Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler says the question of which of the following makes women a positive being?
(a) Metaphysics of bodies.
(b) Metaphysics of constraint.
(c) Metaphysics of determinism.
(d) Metaphysics of substance.
2. What do feminist critics often focus on according to Butler?
(a) Gender identification.
(b) Unconscious identification.
(c) Maternal identification.
3. The process of construction, as described by Butler, is which of the following?
4. Butler states that when feminism splits ideas of sex and gender, it also splits which of the following?
5. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Beauvoir and Irigaray disagree on?
2. What does non-reciprocity relate to?
3. According to Butler, gender is more an attribute than a what?
4. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
5. Butler says that the idea of woman may obscure which of the following?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)