|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Prohibition, Psychoanalysis, and the Production of the Heterosexual Matrix, Section V, Reformulating Prohibition as Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is described by Butler as adopting incorporation as a mechanism of gender?
2. Beauvoir thinks that masculine discourse is which of the following?
3. Butler describes which concept as explanations with more plausibility than taboos?
4. Who does Butler describe as concerning themselves with cultural laws and roles in oppression?
5. Heterosexism in a masquerade is sustained by which of the following, as Butler describes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Butler use to describe all sexuality straying from social laws?
2. Butler describes repression of bisexuality as a locus of which of the following?
3. On what issues do Lacan, Riviere, and Freud differ?
4. According to Butler, what makes feminist discourse circular?
5. Butler claims that which of the following produce feminine identity?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)