|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Prohibition, Psychoanalysis, and the Production of the Heterosexual Matrix, Introduction and Section I, Structuralism's Critical Exchange.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler makes the claim that what type of genders produce coherence and continuity?
2. Many feminists believe that one must develop which of the following?
(a) Childish identity.
(b) Societial-prescribed identity.
(c) Feminine identiy.
(d) Political identity.
3. According to Butler, gender differentiates which of the following?
4. Butler says the question of which of the following makes women a positive being?
(a) Metaphysics of bodies.
(b) Metaphysics of substance.
(c) Metaphysics of determinism.
(d) Metaphysics of constraint.
5. Butler states that women must take which approach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dominance of man express to Butler?
2. Butler claims that which of the following produce feminine identity?
3. Butler's thesis is that well-defined and unified categories of women undermine the ability to represent which of the following?
4. To understand gender identity, Butler states that we must know which of the following?
5. Levi-Strauss said that which of the following is the beginning of the divide between men and women?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)