|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Prohibition, Psychoanalysis, and the Production of the Heterosexual Matrix, Introduction and Section I, Structuralism's Critical Exchange.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dominance of man express to Butler?
2. Which of the following describes power structures as Butler sees them?
(a) All patriarchal.
(b) All bad.
(c) Not all bad.
(d) Never patriarchal.
3. What are theories referred to that produce ideas of social mechanisms of power?
4. Butler insists that unity is not necessary for which to be effective?
(b) Political action.
5. To Butler, looking for sexed nature prior to culture is a result of which of the following?
(a) Low intelligence.
(b) Good intentions.
(c) High intelligence.
(d) Bad intentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Gender Trouble, male-female distinction is compared to which distinction?
2. What does Butler want to see in relation to politics?
3. Without recourse to some idea of power, which does Butler believe cannot be achieved?
4. Butler describes language as a tool of which of the following?
5. Butler describes all sexuality as being constructed within which of the following?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)