|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Prohibition, Psychoanalysis, and the Production of the Heterosexual Matrix, Introduction and Section I, Structuralism's Critical Exchange.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Butler describe as concerning themselves with cultural laws and roles in oppression?
2. Butler claims that women are often identified with which of the following terms?
3. To Butler, looking for sexed nature prior to culture is a result of which of the following?
(a) Good intentions.
(b) Bad intentions.
(c) Low intelligence.
(d) High intelligence.
4. Butler says the question of which of the following makes women a positive being?
(a) Metaphysics of determinism.
(b) Metaphysics of bodies.
(c) Metaphysics of substance.
(d) Metaphysics of constraint.
5. Many feminists believe that one must develop which of the following?
(a) Childish identity.
(b) Societial-prescribed identity.
(c) Political identity.
(d) Feminine identiy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler states that if the distinction between sex and gender is pushed too far, the idea of gender becomes of the following?
2. According to Butler, gender is more an attribute than a what?
3. Butler warns not to use identity as which of the following?
4. Many feminists say that the idea of "woman" is which of the following?
5. Which of the following does Butler describe as always being a part of the language of gender?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)