|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Subjects of Sex/Gender/Desire, Section VI, Language, Power and the Strategies of Displacement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler describes construction as caught between which two elements?
(a) Science and religion.
(b) Destiny and fate.
(c) Society and self.
(d) Determinism and free will.
2. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
3. Which of the following terms does Butler use to describe oppression?
4. Butler states that women must take which approach?
5. According to Butler, coalitions effectively promote which of the following?
(d) Gender roles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many feminists say that the idea of "woman" is which of the following?
2. Butler states that if the distinction between sex and gender is pushed too far, the idea of gender becomes of the following?
3. Butler makes the claim that what type of genders produce coherence and continuity?
4. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
5. Beauvoir thinks that masculine discourse is which of the following?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)