|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Subjects of Sex/Gender/Desire, Section VI, Language, Power and the Strategies of Displacement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
2. Butler describes the presumed existing feminine identity as which of the following?
3. What does Butler want to see in relation to politics?
(a) Feminist politics.
(b) Masculine politics.
(c) Conservative politics.
(d) Post-feminist politics.
4. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
(a) Less open.
(d) More open.
5. Butler says that which group can appropriate the idea of sexual difference?
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler claims that which of these is needed for a point to hold?
2. Butler suggests that we may be able to speak of what type of person without masculine attributes?
3. Many feminists believe that one must develop which of the following?
4. According to Butler, what makes feminist discourse circular?
5. Which of the following does Butler describe as always being a part of the language of gender?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)