|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Subjects of Sex/Gender/Desire, Section VI, Language, Power and the Strategies of Displacement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler describes construction as caught between which two elements?
(a) Society and self.
(b) Destiny and fate.
(c) Science and religion.
(d) Determinism and free will.
2. The subject of feminism cannot ground which of the following, according to Butler?
(a) Masculine identity.
(b) Feminist politics.
(c) Feminine identity.
(d) Post-feminist politics.
3. Irigaray sees dialogue as a manifestation of which of the following?
(c) Linguistic sexuality.
4. Butler states that if the distinction between sex and gender is pushed too far, the idea of gender becomes of the following?
(a) Disconnected from feminism.
(b) Disconnected from destiny.
(c) Disconnected from feminist politics.
(d) Disconnected from the body.
5. Butler claims that which of these is needed for a point to hold?
(a) Ontology of feminism.
(b) Ontology of gender.
(c) Ontology of liberation.
(d) Ontology of sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Beauvoir and Irigaray disagree on?
2. Butler says that which group can appropriate the idea of sexual difference?
3. Butler describes the distinction between gender and sex as first being used to undermine which of the following?
4. In Gender Trouble, male-female distinction is compared to which distinction?
5. Which is true, according to Foucault?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)