|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Subjects of Sex/Gender/Desire, Section IV, Theorizing the Binary, The Unitary, and Beyond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler insists that unity is not necessary for which to be effective?
(a) Political action.
2. Which of the following does Butler describe as always being a part of the language of gender?
3. Butler warns not to use identity as which of the following?
(a) An excuse.
(b) A cause.
(c) A reason.
(d) A premise.
4. Butler says that the idea of woman may obscure which of the following?
5. Butler believes that gender is which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Many feminists say that the idea of "woman" is which of the following?
2. What is the first effect of counterexamples of well-defined concepts, as pointed out by Butler?
3. According to Butler, coalitions effectively promote which of the following?
4. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
5. Who does Butler lean toward in terms of gender asymmetry?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)