|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Subjects of Sex/Gender/Desire, Section IV, Theorizing the Binary, The Unitary, and Beyond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irigaray saw women as the negation of which of the following?
2. Butler says that the idea of woman may obscure which of the following?
3. Which is true, according to Foucault?
(a) Requirements precede identity.
(b) Societal mechanisms are more important than identity.
(c) Entrapping assumptions are necessary.
(d) Society does not impact identity.
4. Butler describes the presumed existing feminine identity as which of the following?
5. Butler insists that unity is not necessary for which to be effective?
(a) Political action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler claims that which of the following produce feminine identity?
2. Butler states that when feminism splits ideas of sex and gender, it also splits which of the following?
3. According to Butler, coalitions effectively promote which of the following?
4. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
5. Butler says the question of which of the following makes women a positive being?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)