|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Subjects of Sex/Gender/Desire, Section IV, Theorizing the Binary, The Unitary, and Beyond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler believes that coalitions should be which of the following?
(c) Less open.
(d) More open.
2. Butler states that women must take which approach?
3. Butler's thesis is that well-defined and unified categories of women undermine the ability to represent which of the following?
4. Butler states that when feminism splits ideas of sex and gender, it also splits which of the following?
5. What do Beauvoir and Irigaray disagree on?
(a) How sexality is a societal construction.
(b) How gender asymmetry is generated.
(c) How societal mechanisms create identity.
(d) How gender is presumed to be the same as sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler says the question of which of the following makes women a positive being?
2. Butler claims that feminists should criticize in which manner?
3. Butler believes that gender is which of the following?
4. Butler says that the idea of woman may obscure which of the following?
5. What is the first effect of counterexamples of well-defined concepts, as pointed out by Butler?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)