|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Subjects of Sex/Gender/Desire, Section IV, Theorizing the Binary, The Unitary, and Beyond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some feminists believe that what is the cultural interpretation of sex?
2. What does Butler want to see in relation to politics?
(a) Feminist politics.
(b) Conservative politics.
(c) Masculine politics.
(d) Post-feminist politics.
3. Butler thinkss the definition of gender should be which of the following?
(a) Closed loosly.
(b) Left open.
(d) Closed tightly.
4. Butler believes that gender is which of the following?
5. According to Butler, coalitions effectively promote which of the following?
(b) Gender roles.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
2. According to Butler, what makes feminist discourse circular?
3. What is the second effect of counterexamples of well-defined concepts, as pointed out by Butler?
4. Butler claims that feminists should criticize in which manner?
5. Which of the following does Butler describe as always being a part of the language of gender?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)