|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Subversive Bodily Acts, Section III, Monique Wittig, Bodily Disintegration and Fictive Sex.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Butler, looking for sexed nature prior to culture is a result of which of the following?
(a) Good intentions.
(b) High intelligence.
(c) Low intelligence.
(d) Bad intentions.
2. Wittig wants which idea to be destroyed?
3. Who does Butler believe mistakenly holds the idea of a separation between sex and gender?
4. Foucault says that which of the following is problematic?
(a) Liberation views.
(b) Conservative views.
(c) Social regulations.
(d) Liberal views.
5. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Butler, what can exist outside power discourse?
2. Which term does Butler use to describe Kristeva's theory?
3. Wittig claims that _____ is not the rejection of heterosexuality?
4. Butler describes feminists as often hoping for which of the following?
5. Which theorist explains the semiotic aspect of language?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)