|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Subjects of Sex/Gender/Desire, Section V, Identity, Sex and the Metaphysics of Substance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Gender Trouble, male-female distinction is compared to which distinction?
2. Beauvoir thinks that masculine discourse is which of the following?
3. Butler claims that women are often identified with which of the following terms?
4. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
5. What does Butler want to see in relation to politics?
(a) Conservative politics.
(b) Masculine politics.
(c) Post-feminist politics.
(d) Feminist politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many feminists say that the idea of "woman" is which of the following?
2. What are theories referred to that produce ideas of social mechanisms of power?
3. Which is true, according to Foucault?
4. Butler warns not to use identity as which of the following?
5. According to Butler, gender differentiates which of the following?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)