|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Subjects of Sex/Gender/Desire, Section V, Identity, Sex and the Metaphysics of Substance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler describes the presumed existing feminine identity as which of the following?
2. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
3. Butler states that when feminism splits ideas of sex and gender, it also splits which of the following?
4. Which is true, according to Foucault?
(a) Societal mechanisms are more important than identity.
(b) Society does not impact identity.
(c) Requirements precede identity.
(d) Entrapping assumptions are necessary.
5. Which of the following does Butler describe as always being a part of the language of gender?
Short Answer Questions
1. To understand gender identity, Butler states that we must know which of the following?
2. Butler states that women must take which approach?
3. Butler describes the distinction between gender and sex as first being used to undermine which of the following?
4. Butler believes that gender is which of the following?
5. Beauvoir thinks that masculine discourse is which of the following?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)