|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Prohibition, Psychoanalysis, and the Production of the Heterosexual Matrix, Section IV, Gender Complexity and the Limits of Identification.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler thinkss the definition of gender should be which of the following?
(a) Left open.
(c) Closed tightly.
(d) Closed loosly.
2. Butler claims that women are often identified with which of the following terms?
3. Butler describes incorporation as leading to which of these?
4. Butler describes feminists as often hoping for which of the following?
(a) Utopian revolution.
(b) Angry revolution.
(c) Poltiical revolution.
(d) Masculine revolution.
5. Gender can be constructed for political reasons to take which of the following actions, according to Gender Trouble?
Short Answer Questions
1. Levi-Strauss said that which of the following is the beginning of the divide between men and women?
2. According to Butler, culture separation obscures which of the following?
3. The process of slowly incorporating various attributes is deemed which of the following?
4. Butler describes which of these as not being inevitable?
5. According to Butler, gender is more an attribute than a what?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)