|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Prohibition, Psychoanalysis, and the Production of the Heterosexual Matrix, Section IV, Gender Complexity and the Limits of Identification.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do feminist critics often focus on according to Butler?
(a) Maternal identification.
(b) Unconscious identification.
(d) Gender identification.
2. Butler describes feminists as often hoping for which of the following?
(a) Poltiical revolution.
(b) Utopian revolution.
(c) Angry revolution.
(d) Masculine revolution.
3. Desires, according to Butler, lead to which of the following?
(d) Melancholy of gender.
4. Which of these is described by Butler as adopting incorporation as a mechanism of gender?
5. Butler claims that various conflicts and convergences produce shifting of which item?
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
2. What are theories referred to that produce ideas of social mechanisms of power?
3. Butler claims that the idea of conceiving sex in a concrete way supports which of these?
4. Which of the following is a taboo, according to Gender Trouble?
5. Butler describes language as a tool of which of the following?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)