|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Prohibition, Psychoanalysis, and the Production of the Heterosexual Matrix, Section IV, Gender Complexity and the Limits of Identification.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irigaray sees dialogue as a manifestation of which of the following?
(d) Linguistic sexuality.
2. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
3. What do Beauvoir and Irigaray disagree on?
(a) How gender asymmetry is generated.
(b) How gender is presumed to be the same as sex.
(c) How societal mechanisms create identity.
(d) How sexality is a societal construction.
4. Foucault discussed which of the following as being relevant to gender oppression at the hands of politics?
5. Butler thinkss the definition of gender should be which of the following?
(b) Closed loosly.
(c) Left open.
(d) Closed tightly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler claims that the idea of conceiving sex in a concrete way supports which of these?
2. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
3. What do feminist critics often focus on according to Butler?
4. According to Butler, culture separation obscures which of the following?
5. Levi-Strauss said that which of the following is the beginning of the divide between men and women?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)