|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Prohibition, Psychoanalysis, and the Production of the Heterosexual Matrix, Section IV, Gender Complexity and the Limits of Identification.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler describes which of these as not being inevitable?
2. Butler claims that sometimes, there is recourse to which of the following?
(b) The unconscious.
(c) The maternal.
3. According to Butler, which cannot be fixed in advance?
4. To Butler, worry arises that the idea of which of the following has no meaning?
5. Butler makes the claim that what type of genders produce coherence and continuity?
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler makes the claim that which concept will probably end up being best understood as a bundle?
2. Butler describes language as a tool of which of the following?
3. Who does Butler lean toward in terms of gender asymmetry?
4. To Butler, looking for sexed nature prior to culture is a result of which of the following?
5. Which of the following is a taboo, according to Gender Trouble?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)