|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Subversive Bodily Acts, Section II, Foucault, Herculine, and the Politics of Sexual Discontinuity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Masks, according to Butler, allow people to refuse to offer which emotion?
2. What is Herculine's last name?
3. Butler suggests that bisexuality is which of the following?
(a) Secondary sexuality.
(b) Lack of sexuality.
(c) Extreme sexuality.
(d) Non-binary sexuality.
4. According to Lacan, what do women represent?
(a) The earth.
(b) The vagina.
(c) The children of the earth.
(d) The phallus.
5. Butler insists that unity is not necessary for which to be effective?
(a) Political action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of appearance does a masquerade give, according to Butler?
2. What type of theories see unusual sexual practices as unintelligible?
3. Butler argues that the distinction between same and other is which of the following?
4. What did Foucault create a genealogy of?
5. Which adjective best describes Lacan's view of language?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)