|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Subversive Bodily Acts, Section II, Foucault, Herculine, and the Politics of Sexual Discontinuity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Masks, according to Butler, allow people to refuse to offer which emotion?
2. What did Foucault create a genealogy of?
(a) Social regulations.
3. What type of theories see unusual sexual practices as unintelligible?
4. Butler makes the claim that a masquerade denies which of the following?
(c) Masculine desire.
(d) Feminine desire.
5. Butler suggests that there is mere convention in which field than is supposed?
(a) Biological research.
(b) Health and nutrition.
(c) Chemistry research.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of appearance does a masquerade give, according to Butler?
2. What type of body does Butler describe as refuting sexual categorization?
3. Irigaray sees dialogue as a manifestation of which of the following?
4. Which adjective best describes Lacan's view of language?
5. Herculine argues that the univocal idea of sex serves which of the following?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)