|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Subversive Bodily Acts, Section II, Foucault, Herculine, and the Politics of Sexual Discontinuity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Butler suggests that bisexuality is which of the following?
(a) Extreme sexuality.
(b) Secondary sexuality.
(c) Non-binary sexuality.
(d) Lack of sexuality.
2. Freud held that which of these was essential to ego formation?
3. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
4. Butler thinkss the definition of gender should be which of the following?
(a) Closed loosly.
(c) Left open.
(d) Closed tightly.
5. What do Beauvoir and Irigaray disagree on?
(a) How gender is presumed to be the same as sex.
(b) How gender asymmetry is generated.
(c) How societal mechanisms create identity.
(d) How sexality is a societal construction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Butler believed that the definition of what word should be permanently deferred?
2. Ontology requires appearance to match which of the following?
3. Herculine says that sex is which of the following?
4. Butler states that women must take which approach?
5. Butler suggests that there is mere convention in which field than is supposed?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)