|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Subversive Bodily Acts, Section II, Foucault, Herculine, and the Politics of Sexual Discontinuity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Butler, insisting that unity of coalition requires totalizing a set of identity will undermine which of the following?
2. Herculine says that sex is which of the following?
(a) A cause.
(b) A nuisance.
(c) A root.
(d) An effect.
3. Foucault says that which of the following is problematic?
(a) Liberation views.
(b) Conservative views.
(c) Liberal views.
(d) Social regulations.
4. According to Lacan, what do women represent?
(a) The phallus.
(b) The children of the earth.
(c) The vagina.
(d) The earth.
5. Butler believed that the definition of what word should be permanently deferred?
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud held that which of these was essential to ego formation?
2. What is Herculine's last name?
3. Butler presents the idea that sexual nonidentity can be achieved through which of the following?
4. Masks, according to Butler, allow people to refuse to offer which emotion?
5. Irigaray sees dialogue as a manifestation of which of the following?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)