Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the Dean call an incredibly beautiful young man?
2. When Harriet returns to the college, who is crying because of Miss Newland's disappearance?
3. When Peter returns from York, whom does he tell Harriet he was looking for?
4. What do Harriet and Miss Martin attend the morning after a big storm?
5. What do Harriet and the Dean find in the science lab?
Essay Topic 1
During the Gaudy Night, Harriet starts having feelings for Peter. Highlight four important events in their relationship during the book's time period and explain how they contribute to Harriet's accepting Peter's final proposal.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the three gifts that Peter has given Harriet. Compare the first two. What is significant about the third? How does Harriet react to each one?
Essay Topic 3
Annie is obviously the culprit, but it could be said that she is driven to her crimes. Answer the following questions.
1) Why does Annie attack Miss de Vine?
2) Why does Annie attack the college?
3) Are Annie's actions understandable?
4) If you were in charge of dealing with Annie, what would you do?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)