|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finishes the sonnet that Harriet began writing?
2. Who tells the Dean about the figure in the science lab?
3. When Peter returns from York, whom does he tell Harriet he was looking for?
4. What happens to Dr. Threep's shirt-front?
5. At what point does Miss Newland jump out of the canoe?
Essay Topic 1
Lord Saint-George proves more than an amusing character. Discuss his role in both the relationship between Harriet and Peter and the solving of the mystery.
Essay Topic 2
At one point, Peter dines with the faculty members. Answer the following questions about this event.
1) What are two topics discussed during the evening, and what are the opinions given concerning those topics?
2) How does Peter use information he gathers from this evening to solve the mystery?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character Miss Cattermole and the role she plays in the book. How does Harriet discover that she is innocent? How does Harriet have an influence on her life?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)