Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the Dean call an incredibly beautiful young man?
2. When Harriet returns to the college, who is crying because of Miss Newland's disappearance?
3. When Peter returns from York, whom does he tell Harriet he was looking for?
4. What do Harriet and Miss Martin attend the morning after a big storm?
5. What do Harriet and the Dean find in the science lab?
At one point, Peter dines with the faculty members. Answer the following questions about this event.
1) What are two topics discussed during the evening, and what are the opinions given concerning those topics?
2) How does Peter use information he gathers from this evening to solve the mystery?
Harriet agrees to help with the mystery at Shrewsbury because "there did come moments when all personal feelings had to be set aside in the interests of public service." Explain this statement and answer the following questions. How is this conclusion debated later when Peter has coffee in the Senior Common Room? What is an example of someone besides Harriet who does this?
Discuss the three gifts that Peter has given Harriet. Compare the first two. What is significant about the third? How does Harriet react to each one?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)