|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter thank Harriet for?
2. Who served in the military with Peter?
3. Harriet is grabbed by what?
4. Whom does the Dean call an incredibly beautiful young man?
5. Where does Peter ask Harriet to visit some day?
Essay Topic 1
There is a violent storm in Chapter 13. Explain the symbolism of the storm in regard to the preceding and proceeding events and the faculty members.
Essay Topic 2
Annie is obviously the culprit, but it could be said that she is driven to her crimes. Answer the following questions.
1) Why does Annie attack Miss de Vine?
2) Why does Annie attack the college?
3) Are Annie's actions understandable?
4) If you were in charge of dealing with Annie, what would you do?
Essay Topic 3
An element of detective fiction is that the author leaves obscure clues as to who is responsible. Find four of these clues from Gaudy Night and explain how they point to Annie as the culprit.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)