Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the Dean call an incredibly beautiful young man?
2. When Harriet returns to the college, who is crying because of Miss Newland's disappearance?
3. When Peter returns from York, whom does he tell Harriet he was looking for?
4. What do Harriet and Miss Martin attend the morning after a big storm?
5. What do Harriet and the Dean find in the science lab?
Essay Topic 1
During her first visit Oxford, Harriet discovers a crude drawing. Answer the following questions.
1) What is on the drawing?
2) Having finished reading the book, how does this drawing show the motive of the culprit?
3) How does the timing of this incident point to the culprit?
Essay Topic 2
After her accusation, Annie proudly tells the women that she has created division between them. Yet, Peter tells the women that they defeated Annie's purpose by remaining united and keeping the issue confidential. Who do you think is correct, Peter or Annie? Support your answer with three examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
By halfway through the book, Harriet knows that Miss Martin, Miss Lydgate, and Miss Edwards are not the culprits. Explain why each of these characters are known to be innocent, and the event that proves this to Harriet.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)