|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the Dean about the figure in the science lab?
2. What do Harriet and Miss Martin attend the morning after a big storm?
3. What does Peter buy Harriet as protection?
4. Where is Annie found in Chapter 21?
5. What has Miss Newland been receiving previous to her attempted suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Pomfret and Peter propose to Harriet. Compare these two men in regard to the following areas: their personalities, their ages, their interactions with Harriet, and the success of their proposals.
Essay Topic 2
At one point, Peter tells Harriet to write her current mystery about human beings, not just a jigsaw puzzle. Has Dorothy Sayers done that? Support your answer with at least three references to the book.
Essay Topic 3
At one point, Peter dines with the faculty members. Answer the following questions about this event.
1) What are two topics discussed during the evening, and what are the opinions given concerning those topics?
2) How does Peter use information he gathers from this evening to solve the mystery?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)