|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Annie found in Chapter 21?
2. Who proved that a man's thesis was untrue while at Flamborough College?
3. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon after he arrives in Oxford?
4. Whom does Peter believe will be the most likely targets of the culprit's next attack?
5. Who teases Peter about Harriet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character Miss Cattermole and the role she plays in the book. How does Harriet discover that she is innocent? How does Harriet have an influence on her life?
Essay Topic 2
Harriet agrees to help with the mystery at Shrewsbury because "there did come moments when all personal feelings had to be set aside in the interests of public service." Explain this statement and answer the following questions. How is this conclusion debated later when Peter has coffee in the Senior Common Room? What is an example of someone besides Harriet who does this?
Essay Topic 3
At various times during the book, different members of the college are under suspicion. Choose two of these members. Explain their possible motives and reasons for them being under suspicion.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)