|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harriet first call to contact Peter?
(a) His office in Warsaw.
(b) His house in London.
(c) A hotel in Rome.
(d) The Foreign Office.
2. Who asks Peter if he is comfortable in his occupation of catching murderers?
(b) Miss Hillyard.
(c) Miss Martin.
(d) Miss Barton.
3. Where does Harriet expect her attack to take place?
(a) The Fellows Garden.
(b) The car garage.
(c) The front gate.
(d) Her room.
4. What does Peter's assistant find on the floor in the science lab?
(a) A cap.
(b) A note.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A hairpin.
5. Who returns the slipper to Miss Hillyard?
(d) Miss Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter take Harriet to an isolated field?
2. When Peter returns from York, whom does he tell Harriet he was looking for?
3. Who has a heart attack?
4. Who sets up a system of patrols in Chapter 12?
5. Whom does Harriet suspect to be spying on her and Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the women discuss with Peter over coffee?
2. Describe Peter and Pomfret's first and second meetings.
3. What do Carrie and Annie notice about the science lab?
4. Why does Miss de Vine have a heart attack?
5. What causes Peter and Harriet to disagree in Chapter 18?
6. What is the result of the search party for Miss Newland?
7. Why does Harriet accuse Miss Hillyard of smashing her chess set?
8. Why does Peter not tell the Warden the name of his suspect?
9. How do Harriet and Peter examine the science lab?
10. What drives Miss Newland to madness?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)