|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harriet react to Pomfret's proposal after he has left her?
(a) She grows angry at men.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She doubts her decision.
(d) She cries.
2. Where does Peter take Harriet after he returns from York?
(a) The English country side.
(b) The Thames.
3. While at a friend's, Harriet receives a call from a woman claiming to be whom?
(a) The Dean's maid.
(b) The Warden's sister.
(c) The Warden's maid.
(d) Mrs. Padgett.
4. Who has told Dr. Threep about a poison pen letter?
(b) The Warden.
(c) The Dean.
(d) The Vice-Chancellor.
5. What does Peter say is the only gift that Harriet's allowed him to buy for her?
(a) A dog collar.
(b) A book.
(d) A horse saddle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Hillyard give Harriet from Peter?
2. Who asks where Annie is on the night of the attack?
3. What does Peter thank Harriet for?
4. Who accuses Harriet of behaving inappropriately with Peter?
5. What does Harriet see on Miss Hillyard's carpet and slippers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peter not tell the Warden the name of his suspect?
2. Why does Harriet not return to Shrewsbury as soon as the Warden's maid calls her?
3. How is Harriet attacked?
4. What does Pomfret accuse Harriet of when he meets her in Chapter 12?
5. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon of his first day in Oxford?
6. What does Peter say about the mystery when Harriet shows him her notes at the river?
7. What is the result of the search party for Miss Newland?
8. Describe Peter and Pomfret's first and second meetings.
9. Why does Miss de Vine have a heart attack?
10. What do Carrie and Annie notice about the science lab?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)