|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who once told Harriet that not verifying a source can lead to kidnapping?
(a) Harriet's uncle.
(b) The police.
(d) Miss Martin.
2. What does Peter refuse to discuss with the Warden?
3. Who first discovers that Miss Newland is missing?
(a) The police.
(b) Fellow students.
(d) Miss Martin.
4. Whom does the Dean call an incredibly beautiful young man?
5. Whom does Peter ask to try to identify the culprit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second gift that Harriet allows Peter to buy her?
2. What do Peter and Harriet discuss in the evening after the incident of the science lab?
3. What does Harriet tell the dean she feels like before Peter dines with them?
4. Which character of her latest novel does Peter suggest Harriet alter?
5. Where do Harriet and Peter meet the afternoon after he comes to Oxford?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harriet suspicious of Miss Hillyard at the end of Chapter 18?
2. Why does Peter not tell the Warden the name of his suspect?
3. Why does Harriet accuse Miss Hillyard of smashing her chess set?
4. How does Peter know Padgett?
5. Why does Harriet contact Peter in Chapter 13?
6. What is the result of the search party for Miss Newland?
7. How do Harriet and Peter examine the science lab?
8. How does Harriet respond to Pomfret's avowal of devotion?
9. What is Miss Edwards's opinion after Harriet tells her about the prank call?
10. What causes Peter and Harriet to disagree in Chapter 18?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)