|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter say was used to smash Harriet's property?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A bat.
(c) A fire poker.
(d) A Cuban and French heel.
2. Who sees Miss Hillyard in the Fellows Garden on the night of the prank call?
(c) The Warden.
3. Why does Peter take Harriet to an isolated field?
(a) To teach her self-defense.
(b) To have a picnic.
(c) To propose to her.
(d) To discuss the case in private.
4. Who takes fingerprints of the lab room?
(a) The police.
5. What does Harriet put on before going to Miss de Vine's room?
(a) A dog collar.
(b) A coat.
(c) A holster.
(d) Her slippers.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Peter having lunch on Monday?
2. Who sets up a system of patrols in Chapter 12?
3. What does Harriet tell the dean she feels like before Peter dines with them?
4. Who attempts to punch Peter while Peter is playing the piano?
5. What is starting at the beginning of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the Warden to agree to seek professional help in solving the mystery?
2. What does Peter say about the mystery when Harriet shows him her notes at the river?
3. What drives Miss Newland to madness?
4. Why is Harriet surprised to see Peter in Oxford?
5. Is Miss Hillyard responsible for smashing Harriet's chess set?
6. What is Miss Edwards's opinion after Harriet tells her about the prank call?
7. How do Harriet and Peter examine the science lab?
8. Why are the women nervous about Peter dining with them in Chapter 17?
9. How does Harriet respond to Pomfret's avowal of devotion?
10. How do Peter and Harriet spend their day together after he returns from York?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)