|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter thank Harriet for?
(a) Meeting him in London.
(b) Being kind to Saint-George.
(c) Accepting his proposal.
(d) Solving the case.
2. While at a friend's, Harriet receives a call from a woman claiming to be whom?
(a) The Warden's sister.
(b) The Dean's maid.
(c) The Warden's maid.
(d) Mrs. Padgett.
3. Who says that she is submitting her resignation and that she is not the cause of the problems at the college?
(a) Miss Goodwin.
(b) Miss Barton.
(c) Miss Hillyard.
(d) Miss de Vine.
4. What does Harriet put on before going to Miss de Vine's room?
(a) Her slippers.
(b) A holster.
(c) A dog collar.
(d) A coat.
5. Who finds Harriet after she is attacked?
(a) Miss Martin.
(d) Miss de Vine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the culprit supposed to have exited the science lab?
2. Where does Harriet first call to contact Peter?
3. What does Peter's assistant find on the floor in the science lab?
4. What is the second gift that Harriet allows Peter to buy her?
5. Who comes upon Pomfret confessing his love to Harriet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter tell Harriet that he values about her, and why does this surprise her?
2. What causes the Warden to agree to seek professional help in solving the mystery?
3. Why does Harriet go to Miss de Vine's room in Chapter 21?
4. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon of his first day in Oxford?
5. Is Miss Hillyard responsible for smashing Harriet's chess set?
6. How do Peter and Harriet spend their day together after he returns from York?
7. What do Carrie and Annie notice about the science lab?
8. Why is Harriet surprised to see Peter in Oxford?
9. Why does Harriet contact Peter in Chapter 13?
10. What is the result of the search party for Miss Newland?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)