|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Harriet get a letter to Peter?
(a) Peter's secretary.
(b) Peter's brother.
(c) Mr. Arbuthnot.
2. Who comes upon Pomfret confessing his love to Harriet?
(a) The Proctor.
(b) The Dean.
3. Where do Harriet and Peter meet the afternoon after he comes to Oxford?
(a) The New Library.
(b) The chapel.
(c) The Magdalen Bridge.
(d) London Bridge.
4. The next morning, whom does Harriet tell about the phone call?
(a) Miss Edwards.
(b) Miss Barton.
(c) Miss de Vine.
(d) Miss Hillyard.
5. After leaving the science lab, what does Peter say to Harriet?
(a) He tells her that Miss de Vine is the culprit.
(b) He asks her to call in a private detective.
(c) He warns her that she is in danger.
(d) He tells her he is leaving for Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon after he arrives in Oxford?
2. What does Peter say was used to smash Harriet's property?
3. Who calls Harriet to tell her that he spotted the culprit?
4. What do Harriet and Miss Martin attend the morning after a big storm?
5. Why does Peter take Harriet to an isolated field?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)