|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempts to punch Peter while Peter is playing the piano?
(a) Miss Hillyard.
(c) The culprit.
2. What happens to Dr. Threep's shirt-front?
(a) It is found with a poison pen letter.
(b) It pops.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It gets stained with a tomato.
3. What does Miss Hillyard give Harriet from Peter?
(a) A new piano.
(b) An address.
(d) A new chess set.
4. Whom does Harriet meet as she is entering Shrewsbury on the night of the prank call?
(a) The Warden.
(b) The culprit.
(d) The Dean.
5. What does Peter say is the only gift that Harriet's allowed him to buy for her?
(a) A book.
(b) A horse saddle.
(d) A dog collar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Harriet suspect to be spying on her and Peter?
2. What does Harriet ask Peter in the letter she sends him in Chapter 13?
3. Who served in the military with Peter?
4. Who sees Miss Hillyard in the Fellows Garden on the night of the prank call?
5. Who helps Harriet get a letter to Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Miss Hillyard responsible for smashing Harriet's chess set?
2. What causes the Warden to agree to seek professional help in solving the mystery?
3. What does Peter say about the mystery when Harriet shows him her notes at the river?
4. Why does Peter not tell the Warden the name of his suspect?
5. What does Pomfret accuse Harriet of when he meets her in Chapter 12?
6. How does Peter know Padgett?
7. How do Harriet and Peter examine the science lab?
8. What does Peter tell Harriet that he values about her, and why does this surprise her?
9. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon of his first day in Oxford?
10. Why are the women nervous about Peter dining with them in Chapter 17?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)