|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Peter sleep while Harriet watches boats on the river?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) One hour.
2. What does Harriet see on Miss Hillyard's carpet and slippers?
(a) Slivers of glass.
(b) Cut-out letters.
(d) Slivers of ivory.
3. Who sees Miss Hillyard in the Fellows Garden on the night of the prank call?
(b) The Warden.
4. While at a friend's, Harriet receives a call from a woman claiming to be whom?
(a) The Dean's maid.
(b) The Warden's sister.
(c) The Warden's maid.
(d) Mrs. Padgett.
5. What does Peter's assistant find on the floor in the science lab?
(a) A cap.
(b) A note.
(c) A hairpin.
(d) A shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the Dean about the figure in the science lab?
2. Whom does Peter ask to try to identify the culprit?
3. Who calls Harriet to tell her that he spotted the culprit?
4. Where does Harriet expect her attack to take place?
5. What is the second gift that Harriet allows Peter to buy her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harriet respond to Pomfret's avowal of devotion?
2. What is Miss Edwards's opinion after Harriet tells her about the prank call?
3. What drives Miss Newland to madness?
4. What does Pomfret accuse Harriet of when he meets her in Chapter 12?
5. Why does Harriet go to Miss de Vine's room in Chapter 21?
6. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon of his first day in Oxford?
7. What do the women discuss with Peter over coffee?
8. How is Harriet attacked?
9. Is Miss Hillyard responsible for smashing Harriet's chess set?
10. Why does Miss de Vine have a heart attack?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)