|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Harriet and Miss Martin attend the morning after a big storm?
(a) The New Library opening ceremony.
(b) The University Sermon.
(c) The Magdalen Mayday.
(d) A picnic.
2. When Harriet returns to the college, who is crying because of Miss Newland's disappearance?
(a) Miss Shaw.
(b) Miss Martin.
(c) Miss Edwards.
3. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon after he arrives in Oxford?
(a) Discussing the case in her room.
(b) Driving his motorcar.
(d) Punting on the river.
4. Whom does Peter believe will be the most likely targets of the culprit's next attack?
(a) Miss Martin, the Warden, and another unnamed person.
(b) Miss Newland, Harriet, and Miss Martin.
(c) Harriet, Peter, and another unnamed person.
(d) Harriet, Miss de Vine, and another unnamed person.
5. Who sees Miss Hillyard in the Fellows Garden on the night of the prank call?
(c) The Warden.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the science lab, what does Peter say to Harriet?
2. What does Peter's assistant find on the floor in the science lab?
3. Who does Harriet first contact for professional help in solving the case?
4. Who hears a grinding noise in Harriet's room the night of the smashing?
5. Who calls Harriet to tell her that he spotted the culprit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter tell Harriet that he values about her, and why does this surprise her?
2. What causes Peter and Harriet to disagree in Chapter 18?
3. How do Harriet and Peter examine the science lab?
4. How is Harriet attacked?
5. Why does Peter not tell the Warden the name of his suspect?
6. How does Peter know Padgett?
7. Describe Peter and Pomfret's first and second meetings.
8. What does Pomfret accuse Harriet of when he meets her in Chapter 12?
9. What does Peter say about the mystery when Harriet shows him her notes at the river?
10. Why does Harriet contact Peter in Chapter 13?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)