|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Peter if he is comfortable in his occupation of catching murderers?
(b) Miss Barton.
(c) Miss Hillyard.
(d) Miss Martin.
2. Where does Peter take Harriet after he returns from York?
(a) The English country side.
(b) The Thames.
3. What does Peter say is the only gift that Harriet's allowed him to buy for her?
(a) A book.
(b) A dog collar.
(d) A horse saddle.
4. How does Saint-George demonstrate that his arm has healed?
(a) By playing cricket.
(b) By embracing Harriet.
(c) By punting on the river.
(d) By doing a handstand.
5. Who first discovers that Miss Newland is missing?
(a) The police.
(b) Fellow students.
(c) Miss Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peter eat dinner on Monday evening?
2. Who attempts to punch Peter while Peter is playing the piano?
3. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon after he arrives in Oxford?
4. What does Peter thank Harriet for?
5. At what point does Miss Newland jump out of the canoe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon of his first day in Oxford?
2. What causes the Warden to agree to seek professional help in solving the mystery?
3. Why is Harriet surprised to see Peter in Oxford?
4. Why does Peter not tell the Warden the name of his suspect?
5. How do Peter and Harriet spend their day together after he returns from York?
6. Is Miss Hillyard responsible for smashing Harriet's chess set?
7. What does Peter tell Harriet that he values about her, and why does this surprise her?
8. What do the women discuss with Peter over coffee?
9. What is the result of the search party for Miss Newland?
10. What is Miss Edwards's opinion after Harriet tells her about the prank call?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)