|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finishes the sonnet that Harriet began writing?
(b) Miss Martin.
(d) Miss Lydgate.
2. Who asks Mrs. Goodwin not to go?
(b) Miss Hillyard.
(c) Miss Martin.
3. Who once told Harriet that not verifying a source can lead to kidnapping?
(b) Miss Martin.
(c) Harriet's uncle.
(d) The police.
4. How does Harriet react to Pomfret's proposal after he has left her?
(a) She grows angry at men.
(b) She doubts her decision.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
5. Where does Peter take Harriet after he returns from York?
(b) The Thames.
(d) The English country side.
Short Answer Questions
1. The next morning, whom does Harriet tell about the phone call?
2. Who asks Peter if he is comfortable in his occupation of catching murderers?
3. Where does Peter eat dinner on Monday evening?
4. Who sees Miss Hillyard in the Fellows Garden on the night of the prank call?
5. What is the age difference between Pomfret and Harriet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harriet surprised to see Peter in Oxford?
2. How do Harriet and Peter examine the science lab?
3. Why does Harriet not return to Shrewsbury as soon as the Warden's maid calls her?
4. How does Peter suggest that Harriet alter her novel?
5. Why does Peter not tell the Warden the name of his suspect?
6. Why does Miss de Vine have a heart attack?
7. How does Peter know Padgett?
8. How is Harriet attacked?
9. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon of his first day in Oxford?
10. What is the result of the search party for Miss Newland?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)