|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet find smashed in her room?
(a) Her chess set.
(b) Miss Lydgate's manuscript.
(c) Her lamp.
(d) Her piano.
2. After leaving the science lab, what does Peter say to Harriet?
(a) He warns her that she is in danger.
(b) He tells her that Miss de Vine is the culprit.
(c) He tells her he is leaving for Rome.
(d) He asks her to call in a private detective.
3. Which character of her latest novel does Peter suggest Harriet alter?
4. Where does Peter take Harriet after he returns from York?
(a) The English country side.
(c) The Thames.
5. When Peter returns from York, whom does he tell Harriet he was looking for?
(a) Miss de Vine.
(c) Arthur Robinson.
(d) Thomas Penn.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Peter is leaving for York, what does Harriet ask him to deliver to her secretary?
2. Who takes fingerprints of the lab room?
3. Who finishes the sonnet that Harriet began writing?
4. Who sees Miss Hillyard in the Fellows Garden on the night of the prank call?
5. Whom does Harriet suspect to be spying on her and Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harriet accuse Miss Hillyard of smashing her chess set?
2. How does Peter know Padgett?
3. How does Harriet respond to Pomfret's avowal of devotion?
4. Why is Harriet suspicious of Miss Hillyard at the end of Chapter 18?
5. How do Harriet and Peter examine the science lab?
6. How is Harriet attacked?
7. How do Peter and Harriet spend their day together after he returns from York?
8. Why is Harriet surprised to see Peter in Oxford?
9. What causes the Warden to agree to seek professional help in solving the mystery?
10. Why does Harriet go to Miss de Vine's room in Chapter 21?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)