|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Dr. Threep's shirt-front?
(a) It is found with a poison pen letter.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It gets stained with a tomato.
(d) It pops.
2. How long does Peter sleep while Harriet watches boats on the river?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Four hours.
3. Who sets up a system of patrols in Chapter 12?
(a) Miss Martin, Harriet, Miss Lydgate, and Miss Edwards.
(b) Padgett, Harriet, and Peter.
(c) The policeman.
(d) Hired detectives.
4. Who once told Harriet that not verifying a source can lead to kidnapping?
(a) The police.
(b) Harriet's uncle.
(c) Miss Martin.
5. Whom does Peter believe will be the most likely targets of the culprit's next attack?
(a) Miss Newland, Harriet, and Miss Martin.
(b) Harriet, Peter, and another unnamed person.
(c) Harriet, Miss de Vine, and another unnamed person.
(d) Miss Martin, the Warden, and another unnamed person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Harriet to tell her that he spotted the culprit?
2. Where do Harriet and Peter meet the afternoon after he comes to Oxford?
3. What has Miss Newland been receiving previous to her attempted suicide?
4. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon after he arrives in Oxford?
5. As Peter is leaving for York, what does Harriet ask him to deliver to her secretary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Harriet and Peter examine the science lab?
2. How do Peter and Harriet spend their day together after he returns from York?
3. How does Peter know Padgett?
4. Why does Peter not tell the Warden the name of his suspect?
5. Why is Harriet suspicious of Miss Hillyard at the end of Chapter 18?
6. Why does Harriet not return to Shrewsbury as soon as the Warden's maid calls her?
7. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon of his first day in Oxford?
8. What does Pomfret accuse Harriet of when he meets her in Chapter 12?
9. What causes Peter and Harriet to disagree in Chapter 18?
10. How is Harriet attacked?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)