|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the Dean call an incredibly beautiful young man?
2. When Harriet returns to the college, who is crying because of Miss Newland's disappearance?
(a) Miss Shaw.
(b) Miss Edwards.
(c) Miss Martin.
3. When Peter returns from York, whom does he tell Harriet he was looking for?
(a) Arthur Robinson.
(c) Thomas Penn.
(d) Miss de Vine.
4. What do Harriet and Miss Martin attend the morning after a big storm?
(a) The University Sermon.
(b) The New Library opening ceremony.
(c) The Magdalen Mayday.
(d) A picnic.
5. What do Harriet and the Dean find in the science lab?
(b) Poison pen letters.
(c) A body.
(d) A figure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet put on before going to Miss de Vine's room?
2. What is missing the night that Miss Newland disappears?
3. After leaving the science lab, what does Peter say to Harriet?
4. Where do Harriet and Peter meet the afternoon after he comes to Oxford?
5. As Peter and Harriet prepare to take coffee in the Senior Common Room, what does Peter ask Harriet to do?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)