|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks where Annie is on the night of the attack?
(a) Miss Hillyard.
(d) Miss Martin.
2. Where does Peter take Harriet after he returns from York?
(b) The Thames.
(c) The English country side.
3. Who hears a grinding noise in Harriet's room the night of the smashing?
(b) Miss Hillyard.
(c) A student.
(d) Miss Martin.
4. Who finds Harriet after she is attacked?
(a) Miss Martin.
(c) Miss de Vine.
5. Who is involved in the search party for Miss Newland?
(a) Peter, Harriet, and Miss Martin.
(b) The police only.
(c) The faculty only.
(d) Faculty, students, and the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter refuse to discuss with the Warden?
2. What does Peter thank Harriet for?
3. Whom does Harriet meet as she is entering Shrewsbury on the night of the prank call?
4. Whom does Peter ask to try to identify the culprit?
5. Who helps Harriet get a letter to Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Miss Edwards's opinion after Harriet tells her about the prank call?
2. How do Peter and Harriet spend their day together after he returns from York?
3. Why does Harriet go to Miss de Vine's room in Chapter 21?
4. Why is Harriet surprised to see Peter in Oxford?
5. Why does Harriet not return to Shrewsbury as soon as the Warden's maid calls her?
6. What does Peter say about the mystery when Harriet shows him her notes at the river?
7. Why are the women nervous about Peter dining with them in Chapter 17?
8. How does Peter suggest that Harriet alter her novel?
9. Why does Harriet contact Peter in Chapter 13?
10. What do Carrie and Annie notice about the science lab?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)