|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harriet is grabbed by what?
(a) Her hair.
(b) The arm.
(c) Her coat.
(d) The throat.
2. What is the age difference between Pomfret and Harriet?
(a) His ten years older than she is.
(b) He is ten years younger than she is.
(c) He is two years younger than she is.
(d) He is two years older than she is.
3. Whom does Harriet meet as she is entering Shrewsbury on the night of the prank call?
(a) The Dean.
(b) The culprit.
(d) The Warden.
4. Whom does Peter believe will be the most likely targets of the culprit's next attack?
(a) Miss Newland, Harriet, and Miss Martin.
(b) Harriet, Peter, and another unnamed person.
(c) Harriet, Miss de Vine, and another unnamed person.
(d) Miss Martin, the Warden, and another unnamed person.
5. Who finishes the sonnet that Harriet began writing?
(a) Miss Lydgate.
(c) Miss Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Annie found in Chapter 21?
2. What does Peter thank Harriet for?
3. Where do Harriet and Peter meet the afternoon after he comes to Oxford?
4. How is the culprit supposed to have exited the science lab?
5. Who has told Dr. Threep about a poison pen letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Harriet attacked?
2. Why is Harriet surprised to see Peter in Oxford?
3. How does Peter suggest that Harriet alter her novel?
4. How does Harriet respond to Pomfret's avowal of devotion?
5. Why does Harriet accuse Miss Hillyard of smashing her chess set?
6. What does Peter tell Harriet that he values about her, and why does this surprise her?
7. Why are the women nervous about Peter dining with them in Chapter 17?
8. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon of his first day in Oxford?
9. What is the result of the search party for Miss Newland?
10. What causes the Warden to agree to seek professional help in solving the mystery?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)