|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Peter ask to try to identify the culprit?
2. Who says that she is submitting her resignation and that she is not the cause of the problems at the college?
(a) Miss de Vine.
(b) Miss Hillyard.
(c) Miss Goodwin.
(d) Miss Barton.
3. Which of Harriet's acquaintances sees her and Peter on the river?
(a) Miss Martin.
(b) Miss Cattermole.
(d) Miss Schuster-Slatt.
4. How long does Peter sleep while Harriet watches boats on the river?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Four hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Two hours.
5. Where does Harriet gain consciousness after her attack?
(a) In her own bed.
(b) In Miss Martin's room.
(c) In the Infirmary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Harriet and the Dean find in the science lab?
2. Who first discovers that Miss Newland is missing?
3. What do Peter and Harriet discuss in the evening after the incident of the science lab?
4. What does Peter discuss with Miss Hillyard?
5. Who proved that a man's thesis was untrue while at Flamborough College?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Miss Hillyard responsible for smashing Harriet's chess set?
2. How does Peter know Padgett?
3. What does Pomfret accuse Harriet of when he meets her in Chapter 12?
4. What causes the Warden to agree to seek professional help in solving the mystery?
5. How do Peter and Harriet spend their day together after he returns from York?
6. Why does Peter not tell the Warden the name of his suspect?
7. Why does Harriet go to Miss de Vine's room in Chapter 21?
8. Why does Harriet contact Peter in Chapter 13?
9. How does Harriet respond to Pomfret's avowal of devotion?
10. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon of his first day in Oxford?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)