|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the Gaudy, what does Harriet find with the cigarette case in her gown?
(a) A match.
(b) A picture of the gallows.
(c) A note telling her to leave Shrewsbury College.
(d) A note calling her a murderess.
2. Who is standing in front of the fuse box by the West Staircase?
(b) Miss Barton.
3. Who tells Harriet about being accosted by a person who might be the poltergeist?
(a) Miss Cattermole.
4. While having coffee after the Gaudy Dinner, who questions Harriet about the type of books she writes?
(a) Miss Barton.
(b) Miss Mollison.
(c) The Dean.
(d) Miss Winters.
5. Who is knocked down and bruised while the lights are out?
(a) The Dean.
(c) Miss Lydgate.
(d) Miss Barton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student stole Miss Cattermole's fiancé?
2. During her time at Oxford, Harriet discovers that people are more interested in whom, rather than herself?
3. What is Harriet doing when the lights go out in Tudor?
4. Whom does Harriet find lying on the ground drunk in the middle of the night?
5. Which old classmate of Harriet's is an archaeologist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harriet learn from Arbuthnot about Peter?
2. What happens to Jukes in Chapter 9?
3. Why does the hanging figure incident clear Miss Cattermole's name?
4. In Chapter 3, which two subjects had Harriet hoped not to think about at Oxford? Does she?
5. How have Harriet's classmates changed from when they graduated to when she saw them again at the unveiling of the clock?
6. What is significant about April 1st?
7. In Chapter 7, why does Harriet hide a man in the chapel during the middle of the night?
8. Why is Saint-George unable to keep his lunch appointment with Harriet?
9. After the vandalism of the New Library, what do the Warden and Harriet decide about the investigation?
10. Harriet drives to Oxford to attend the opening of the new library and to investigate which incidents?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)