|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, where does Harriet go for a soothing influence?
(c) Christ Church.
(d) Shrewsbury Chapel.
2. After Harriet notices the light on in the New Library, whose room does she find empty?
(a) Miss de Vine's.
(b) Miss Barton's.
(c) Miss Martin's.
(d) Miss Burrow's.
3. What does Harriet read to Saint-George?
(a) A letter from Peter.
(b) One of her books.
(c) A letter from his parents.
(d) The doctor's orders.
4. Who tries to blackmail Pomfret for climbing over the college wall?
(a) The Dean.
5. Where does Harriet stay at her second visit to Oxford?
(a) A hotel.
(b) The Dean's house.
(c) The dormitories.
(d) The Guest Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Shrewsbury College while the lights are out due to removed fuses?
2. Several of Harriet's classmates ask her about which Lord?
3. After being acquitted of murder, where had Harriet traveled?
4. Of what had Harriet been accused by the police?
5. Peter's nephew asks Harriet to forget about whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harriet find it difficult to write to Peter after visiting Saint-George in the hospital?
2. After the vandalism of the New Library, what do the Warden and Harriet decide about the investigation?
3. What does Harriet learn from Arbuthnot about Peter?
4. What is significant about April 1st?
5. How have Harriet's classmates changed from when they graduated to when she saw them again at the unveiling of the clock?
6. In Chapter 2, what does Harriet talk about while having coffee with the Dean and her other classmates?
7. Why does Harriet tell Saint-George about the poltergeist in Chapter 10?
8. In Chapter 1, what are Harriet's emotions as she returns to Shrewsbury College?
9. In Chapter 3, which two subjects had Harriet hoped not to think about at Oxford? Does she?
10. What does Harriet find amusing about the invitation to Farringdon's party?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)