Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way back to her room after having coffee, what does Harriet find?
(a) A piece of paper with a drawing of a woman.
(b) A piece of paper with her name on it.
(c) A gun.
(d) A corpse.
2. What has Peter broken when he takes Harriet to dinner after her return from Oxford?
(a) His ankle.
(b) His motorcar.
(c) Two ribs.
(d) Harriet's handbag.
3. Who bumps into Harriet and spills her meringues?
(c) Mr. Pomfret.
4. In Chapter 7, Harriet is returning from where?
(b) A dance.
(d) The theatre.
5. After being acquitted of murder, where had Harriet traveled?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet read to Saint-George?
2. Who telephones to get new fuses?
3. Who is standing in front of the fuse box by the West Staircase?
4. After the Gaudy Dinner, who invites Harriet for coffee?
5. Whose manuscript has been mutilated in an act of vandalism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of the search party for Miss Newland?
2. Why is Sunday the best part of a Gaudy?
3. Why is Harriet suspicious of Miss Hillyard at the end of Chapter 18?
4. Which clues point to the identity of the culprit?
5. What is significant about April 1st?
6. How does Peter propose to Harriet for the last time?
7. Why does Miss de Vine have a heart attack?
8. In Chapter 1, what are Harriet's emotions as she returns to Shrewsbury College?
9. Why are the women nervous about Peter dining with them in Chapter 17?
10. Why does Harriet offer to help Miss Lydgate with her proofs?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)