|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose manuscript has been mutilated in an act of vandalism?
(a) Miss Vine's.
(b) Miss Martin's.
(c) Miss Lydgate's.
(d) The Warden's.
2. Which student stole Miss Cattermole's fiancé?
(a) Miss Millbanks.
(b) Miss Mollison.
(c) Miss Fowler.
(d) Miss Flaxman.
3. Harriet suggests engaging investigators who disguise themselves as what?
(a) A shipping company.
(b) A maid service.
(c) A bank.
(d) A typing bureau.
4. In which language is the note that Harriet found on the hanging figure?
5. What is Harriet daydreaming about in the first paragraph of The Gaudy Night?
(a) Lord Peter Wimsey.
(b) Dinsdale Elementary School.
(c) Shrewsbury College.
(d) Her childhood home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Miss Hillyard accuse of the acts of vandalism?
2. After being acquitted of murder, where had Harriet traveled?
3. Who proposes to Harriet at regular intervals?
4. Of what had Harriet been accused by the police?
5. What does Harriet do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Peter and Harriet to disagree in Chapter 18?
2. What does Harriet choose to tell the faculty about the figure hanging in the chapel?
3. Why does Harriet offer to help Miss Lydgate with her proofs?
4. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon of his first day in Oxford?
5. How is Arthur Robinson connected to Miss de Vine?
6. How does Harriet find the disaster in the New Library the night before its opening?
7. What does Harriet learn from Arbuthnot about Peter?
8. Why does Miss de Vine have a heart attack?
9. What happens to Jukes in Chapter 9?
10. How is Harriet attacked?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)