|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had the gowns been burnt?
(a) In the tower.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the chapel.
(d) In the quad.
2. At the end of the Gaudy, what does Harriet find with the cigarette case in her gown?
(a) A note calling her a murderess.
(b) A match.
(c) A note telling her to leave Shrewsbury College.
(d) A picture of the gallows.
3. Whom do the Fellows and Tutors originally suspect as the culprit of the letters and vandalism?
(a) A first year student.
(b) The porter.
(c) A scout.
(d) A faculty member.
4. Whose manuscript has been mutilated in an act of vandalism?
(a) The Warden's.
(b) Miss Martin's.
(c) Miss Lydgate's.
(d) Miss Vine's.
5. What do the police find when they raid Juke's home in Chapter 9?
(a) Miss Lydgate's manuscript.
(c) Items stolen from students.
(d) Poison pen letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to blackmail Pomfret for climbing over the college wall?
2. Who tells Harriet that she wants to own a motorcycle?
3. In Chapter 6, Harriet wakes herself up calling for whom?
4. Which student stole Miss Cattermole's fiancé?
5. What does Harriet read about Shrewsbury College in a newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what do the Dean and Harriet conclude from the absence of spelling mistakes in the poison pen letters?
2. After the vandalism of the New Library, what do the Warden and Harriet decide about the investigation?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Harriet talk about while having coffee with the Dean and her other classmates?
4. Describe Harriet and Peter's relationship from the time of Harriet's return from Europe to her weekend at the Gaudy.
5. What is significant about April 1st?
6. In the meeting that takes place during Chapter 5, why is it concluded that the culprit must be a resident at Oxford?
7. How do Harriet's classmates and former professors receive her?
8. What does Harriet learn from Arbuthnot about Peter?
9. How does Harriet handle the vandalism of the New Library?
10. What does Harriet choose to tell the faculty about the figure hanging in the chapel?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)