|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Pyke discovers that what is missing right before she has to lecture?
(a) Her book.
(b) Her spectacles.
(c) Her gown.
(d) Her pen.
2. Where had the gowns been burnt?
(a) In the quad.
(b) In the chapel.
(c) In the tower.
(d) In the library.
3. On the way back to her room after having coffee, what does Harriet find?
(a) A piece of paper with a drawing of a woman.
(b) A piece of paper with her name on it.
(c) A gun.
(d) A corpse.
4. Peter's nephew asks Harriet to forget about whom?
(b) Mr. Pomfret.
(c) The Viennese singer.
(d) The culprit of the Shrewsbury mysteries.
5. What has Peter broken when he takes Harriet to dinner after her return from Oxford?
(a) His ankle.
(b) His motorcar.
(c) Harriet's handbag.
(d) Two ribs.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her time at Oxford, Harriet discovers that people are more interested in whom, rather than herself?
2. At the New Library ceremony, the maid Annie tells Harriet that the vandalism began after who arrived?
3. Harriet suggests engaging investigators who disguise themselves as what?
4. What do the police find when they raid Juke's home in Chapter 9?
5. When does Harriet notice a suspicious light on in the New Library?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about April 1st?
2. In Chapter 7, why does Harriet hide a man in the chapel during the middle of the night?
3. How have Harriet's classmates changed from when they graduated to when she saw them again at the unveiling of the clock?
4. Why does Harriet offer to help Miss Lydgate with her proofs?
5. What happens to Jukes in Chapter 9?
6. How do Harriet's classmates and former professors receive her?
7. Why does Miss Martin, Dean at Shrewsbury College, write a letter to Harriet in Chapter 4?
8. How does Harriet handle the vandalism of the New Library?
9. How does Saint-George embarrass himself in front of Harriet?
10. In Chapter 1, what are Harriet's emotions as she returns to Shrewsbury College?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)