|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter's nephew asks Harriet to forget about whom?
(a) The Viennese singer.
(b) The culprit of the Shrewsbury mysteries.
(d) Mr. Pomfret.
2. Who is missing from her room when the lights go out in Tudor?
(a) Miss Cattermole.
(b) Miss Barton.
(c) Miss Newland.
3. What had Saint-George asked of Peter?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A visit.
(c) A new car.
(d) A loan.
4. Why is Pomfret at Shrewsbury College the morning after Harriet caught him climbing the wall?
(a) He is meeting with Jukes.
(b) He is calling on Harriet.
(c) He is calling on Miss Cattermole.
(d) He is attending a lecture.
5. After being acquitted of murder, where had Harriet traveled?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harriet find a robed figure hanging from the ceiling?
2. Besides Jukes and his family, who is in the house when it is raided?
3. What do the police find when they raid Juke's home in Chapter 9?
4. Who approaches Peter while he is reading a letter from Harriet?
5. Whom does Harriet find lying on the ground drunk in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the meeting that takes place during Chapter 5, why is it concluded that the culprit must be a resident at Oxford?
2. Why is Saint-George unable to keep his lunch appointment with Harriet?
3. Why does Miss Martin, Dean at Shrewsbury College, write a letter to Harriet in Chapter 4?
4. Why does Harriet tell Saint-George about the poltergeist in Chapter 10?
5. How does Harriet handle the vandalism of the New Library?
6. In Chapter 7, why does Harriet hide a man in the chapel during the middle of the night?
7. How does Harriet find the disaster in the New Library the night before its opening?
8. Why does the hanging figure incident clear Miss Cattermole's name?
9. How have Harriet's classmates changed from when they graduated to when she saw them again at the unveiling of the clock?
10. What happens while the lights are out at Shrewsbury in Chapter 9?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)