|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Saint-George the second time Harriet sees him?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) On the river.
(c) His room.
(d) The hospital.
2. What does Harriet attend at the beginning of the summer term?
(a) A cricket match.
(b) The Magdalen Mayday ceremony.
(c) A dance.
(d) The opening of the New Library.
3. Peter's nephew asks Harriet to forget about whom?
(a) The Viennese singer.
(b) The culprit of the Shrewsbury mysteries.
(c) Mr. Pomfret.
4. In which language is the note that Harriet found on the hanging figure?
5. Harriet suggests to the Dean that what be installed on the top of the walls?
(d) Barbed wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet read to Saint-George?
2. Who bumps into Harriet and spills her meringues?
3. What had Saint-George asked of Peter?
4. In Chapter 4, what does a servant find under the table where Peter and Harriet were dining?
5. Why is Pomfret at Shrewsbury College the morning after Harriet caught him climbing the wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what do the Dean and Harriet conclude from the absence of spelling mistakes in the poison pen letters?
2. After the vandalism of the New Library, what do the Warden and Harriet decide about the investigation?
3. In Chapter 7, why does Harriet hide a man in the chapel during the middle of the night?
4. Why did Annie take a job at Shrewsbury College?
5. Describe Peter and Pomfret's first and second meetings.
6. How does Harriet handle the vandalism of the New Library?
7. Why does Harriet accuse Miss Hillyard of smashing her chess set?
8. What do the women discuss with Peter over coffee?
9. How is Harriet attacked?
10. What does Peter tell Harriet that he values about her, and why does this surprise her?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)