|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of weather does Harriet drive through at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. What do the police find when they raid Juke's home in Chapter 9?
(b) Poison pen letters.
(c) Miss Lydgate's manuscript.
(d) Items stolen from students.
3. Besides Jukes and his family, who is in the house when it is raided?
(d) Miss Martin.
4. Mr. Arbuthnot tells Harriet that Peter is attached to what?
(a) The Foreign Office.
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) Shrewsbury College.
(d) The American government.
5. Where does Harriet go after the term ends in April?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harriet visits Saint-George in the hospital the second time, what does she help him with?
2. On the way back to her room after having coffee, what does Harriet find?
3. Who is standing in front of the fuse box by the West Staircase?
4. Which old classmate of Harriet's is an archaeologist?
5. Where does Harriet find a robed figure hanging from the ceiling?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Harriet's classmates changed from when they graduated to when she saw them again at the unveiling of the clock?
2. Why is Saint-George unable to keep his lunch appointment with Harriet?
3. What does Harriet find amusing about the invitation to Farringdon's party?
4. In Chapter 3, which two subjects had Harriet hoped not to think about at Oxford? Does she?
5. Describe Harriet and Peter's relationship from the time of Harriet's return from Europe to her weekend at the Gaudy.
6. What does Harriet learn from Arbuthnot about Peter?
7. Does Harriet learn anything about the poltergeist from the night when the fuses were removed?
8. How does Harriet find the disaster in the New Library the night before its opening?
9. How does Saint-George embarrass himself in front of Harriet?
10. Harriet drives to Oxford to attend the opening of the new library and to investigate which incidents?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)