|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Peter sleep while Harriet watches boats on the river?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Four hours.
2. Who once told Harriet that not verifying a source can lead to kidnapping?
(b) Miss Martin.
(c) Harriet's uncle.
(d) The police.
3. What is starting at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) The Winter Term.
(b) Christmas Break.
(c) The Trinity Term.
(d) Spring Break.
4. Who returns the slipper to Miss Hillyard?
(b) Miss Martin.
5. When Peter returns from York, whom does he tell Harriet he was looking for?
(a) Miss de Vine.
(b) Arthur Robinson.
(c) Thomas Penn.
6. Which character of her latest novel does Peter suggest Harriet alter?
7. How is the culprit supposed to have exited the science lab?
(a) Through the vent.
(b) Through the door.
(c) Through the window.
(d) Through the basement.
8. Who first discovers that Miss Newland is missing?
(a) Miss Martin.
(b) The police.
(d) Fellow students.
9. Who served in the military with Peter?
10. Who accuses Harriet of behaving inappropriately with Peter?
(a) Miss Hillyard.
(c) Miss Martin.
(d) The Warden.
11. Whom does Peter ask to try to identify the culprit?
12. What does Harriet see on Miss Hillyard's carpet and slippers?
(a) Slivers of ivory.
(b) Slivers of glass.
(d) Cut-out letters.
13. What does Peter refuse to discuss with the Warden?
14. Who proved that a man's thesis was untrue while at Flamborough College?
(c) Miss de Vine.
(d) Miss Hillyard.
15. What does Peter buy Harriet as protection?
(a) A dog collar.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A whistle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sets up a system of patrols in Chapter 12?
2. What does Peter discuss with Miss Hillyard?
3. The next morning, whom does Harriet tell about the phone call?
4. Who has told Dr. Threep about a poison pen letter?
5. Who comes upon Pomfret confessing his love to Harriet?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)