|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter discuss with Miss Hillyard?
(a) Her paper in the Scientific Review.
(b) His newest book.
(c) Her paper in the Historical Review.
(d) Harriet's newest book.
2. Who does Harriet first contact for professional help in solving the case?
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) A private detective firm.
(d) The police.
3. What is the second gift that Harriet allows Peter to buy her?
(a) A horse.
(b) A chess set.
(c) A `dog.
(d) A piano.
4. Who asks Mrs. Goodwin not to go?
(a) Miss Martin.
(c) Miss Hillyard.
5. Whom does Peter ask to try to identify the culprit?
6. What does Peter say is the only gift that Harriet's allowed him to buy for her?
(a) A book.
(b) A horse saddle.
(c) A dog collar.
7. Who has a heart attack?
(b) Miss de Vine.
(c) Miss Martin.
8. What is starting at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Spring Break.
(b) Christmas Break.
(c) The Trinity Term.
(d) The Winter Term.
9. Who tells the Dean about the figure in the science lab?
10. Why does Peter take Harriet to an isolated field?
(a) To teach her self-defense.
(b) To discuss the case in private.
(c) To have a picnic.
(d) To propose to her.
11. How is the culprit supposed to have exited the science lab?
(a) Through the window.
(b) Through the basement.
(c) Through the door.
(d) Through the vent.
12. Who asks where Annie is on the night of the attack?
(a) Miss Martin.
(b) Miss Hillyard.
13. Which character of her latest novel does Peter suggest Harriet alter?
14. Who comes upon Pomfret confessing his love to Harriet?
(b) The Proctor.
(d) The Dean.
15. Whom does Peter believe will be the most likely targets of the culprit's next attack?
(a) Harriet, Peter, and another unnamed person.
(b) Harriet, Miss de Vine, and another unnamed person.
(c) Miss Newland, Harriet, and Miss Martin.
(d) Miss Martin, the Warden, and another unnamed person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Harriet to tell her that he spotted the culprit?
2. What is the age difference between Pomfret and Harriet?
3. What do Harriet and Miss Martin attend the morning after a big storm?
4. How long does Peter sleep while Harriet watches boats on the river?
5. Who takes fingerprints of the lab room?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)