|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter discuss with Miss Hillyard?
(a) Her paper in the Historical Review.
(b) His newest book.
(c) Harriet's newest book.
(d) Her paper in the Scientific Review.
2. Harriet is grabbed by what?
(a) The arm.
(b) Her coat.
(c) The throat.
(d) Her hair.
3. As Peter and Harriet prepare to take coffee in the Senior Common Room, what does Peter ask Harriet to do?
(a) Speak the truth and stick to the point.
(b) Bring up the murder.
(c) Introduce him to the ladies.
(d) Stay silent and let him do the talking.
4. What does Miss Hillyard give Harriet from Peter?
(a) A new piano.
(b) A new chess set.
(c) An address.
5. Who served in the military with Peter?
6. Whom does Harriet meet as she is entering Shrewsbury on the night of the prank call?
(a) The Dean.
(b) The culprit.
(c) The Warden.
7. Who asks Peter if he is comfortable in his occupation of catching murderers?
(a) Miss Barton.
(c) Miss Hillyard.
(d) Miss Martin.
8. Who attempts to punch Peter while Peter is playing the piano?
(b) The culprit.
(d) Miss Hillyard.
9. Who tells the Dean about the figure in the science lab?
10. How is the culprit supposed to have exited the science lab?
(a) Through the vent.
(b) Through the basement.
(c) Through the door.
(d) Through the window.
11. What does Harriet find smashed in her room?
(a) Her chess set.
(b) Her piano.
(c) Miss Lydgate's manuscript.
(d) Her lamp.
12. Where is Annie found in Chapter 21?
(a) The river.
(b) The coal-hole.
(c) Harriet's room.
(d) The chapel.
13. Who comes upon Pomfret confessing his love to Harriet?
(b) The Dean.
(c) The Proctor.
14. What does Harriet ask Peter in the letter she sends him in Chapter 13?
(a) To help her solve the case.
(b) To recommend a detective.
(c) To stop proposing to her.
(d) To visit Saint-George.
15. How long does Peter sleep while Harriet watches boats on the river?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Four hours.
(d) One hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Harriet get a letter to Peter?
2. What does Peter say is the only gift that Harriet's allowed him to buy for her?
3. Who sets up a system of patrols in Chapter 12?
4. What does Peter refuse to discuss with the Warden?
5. What does Harriet put on before going to Miss de Vine's room?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)