|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter's assistant find on the floor in the science lab?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A hairpin.
(c) A note.
(d) A cap.
2. Who sees Miss Hillyard in the Fellows Garden on the night of the prank call?
(b) The Warden.
3. What does Miss Hillyard give Harriet from Peter?
(b) A new chess set.
(c) A new piano.
(d) An address.
4. Who asks Peter if he is comfortable in his occupation of catching murderers?
(a) Miss Martin.
(b) Miss Hillyard.
(d) Miss Barton.
5. What does Peter say was used to smash Harriet's property?
(a) A fire poker.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A Cuban and French heel.
(d) A bat.
6. Who awakens Harriet Sunday night?
(a) Carrie and Annie.
(c) Miss Martin.
(d) Miss Hillyard.
7. What does Harriet put on before going to Miss de Vine's room?
(a) A dog collar.
(b) A coat.
(c) Her slippers.
(d) A holster.
8. Where does Harriet gain consciousness after her attack?
(a) In Miss Martin's room.
(b) In her own bed.
(d) In the Infirmary.
9. What does Peter discuss with Miss Hillyard?
(a) Her paper in the Scientific Review.
(b) Her paper in the Historical Review.
(c) Harriet's newest book.
(d) His newest book.
10. Who returns the slipper to Miss Hillyard?
(a) Miss Martin.
11. When Harriet sees Peter in Oxford, what is he wearing?
(a) White flannels.
(b) A black overcoat.
(c) His cap and gown.
(d) A detectiive cap.
12. Who proved that a man's thesis was untrue while at Flamborough College?
(a) Miss Hillyard.
(b) Miss de Vine.
13. Which character of her latest novel does Peter suggest Harriet alter?
14. What is the second gift that Harriet allows Peter to buy her?
(a) A piano.
(b) A horse.
(c) A chess set.
(d) A `dog.
15. As Peter and Harriet prepare to take coffee in the Senior Common Room, what does Peter ask Harriet to do?
(a) Stay silent and let him do the talking.
(b) Speak the truth and stick to the point.
(c) Bring up the murder.
(d) Introduce him to the ladies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet ask Peter in the letter she sends him in Chapter 13?
2. Who first discovers that Miss Newland is missing?
3. Who sets up a system of patrols in Chapter 12?
4. With whom is Peter having lunch on Monday?
5. Where do Harriet and Peter meet the afternoon after he comes to Oxford?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)