|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter take Harriet after he returns from York?
(a) The English country side.
(d) The Thames.
2. What is the age difference between Pomfret and Harriet?
(a) He is two years younger than she is.
(b) His ten years older than she is.
(c) He is ten years younger than she is.
(d) He is two years older than she is.
3. What does Miss Hillyard give Harriet from Peter?
(a) A new piano.
(c) A new chess set.
(d) An address.
4. How does Saint-George demonstrate that his arm has healed?
(a) By doing a handstand.
(b) By embracing Harriet.
(c) By punting on the river.
(d) By playing cricket.
5. What is the second gift that Harriet allows Peter to buy her?
(a) A chess set.
(b) A horse.
(c) A `dog.
(d) A piano.
6. Who finishes the sonnet that Harriet began writing?
(c) Miss Martin.
(d) Miss Lydgate.
7. Whom does Harriet suspect to be spying on her and Peter?
(a) Miss Hillyard.
(b) Miss Martin.
(c) Miss Barton.
(d) Miss de Vine.
8. What does Harriet ask Peter in the letter she sends him in Chapter 13?
(a) To help her solve the case.
(b) To visit Saint-George.
(c) To stop proposing to her.
(d) To recommend a detective.
9. Who tells the Dean about the figure in the science lab?
10. Who is involved in the search party for Miss Newland?
(a) The police only.
(b) The faculty only.
(c) Peter, Harriet, and Miss Martin.
(d) Faculty, students, and the police.
11. Who takes fingerprints of the lab room?
(b) The police.
12. When Harriet returns to the college, who is crying because of Miss Newland's disappearance?
(b) Miss Martin.
(c) Miss Shaw.
(d) Miss Edwards.
13. What do Peter and Harriet discuss in the evening after the incident of the science lab?
(a) The mystery.
(d) The weather.
14. Where does Peter eat dinner on Monday evening?
(a) Harriet's room.
(c) Saint-George's room.
(d) The Senior Common Room.
15. Whom does Peter ask to try to identify the culprit?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harriet react to Pomfret's proposal after he has left her?
2. Where does Peter ask Harriet to visit some day?
3. Which of Harriet's acquaintances sees her and Peter on the river?
4. What happens to Dr. Threep's shirt-front?
5. Where does Harriet expect her attack to take place?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)