|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harriet is grabbed by what?
(a) The throat.
(b) The arm.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Her hair.
2. Who says that she is submitting her resignation and that she is not the cause of the problems at the college?
(a) Miss Barton.
(b) Miss Goodwin.
(c) Miss Hillyard.
(d) Miss de Vine.
3. What does Peter discuss with Miss Hillyard?
(a) Her paper in the Scientific Review.
(b) Harriet's newest book.
(c) Her paper in the Historical Review.
(d) His newest book.
4. Where do Harriet and Peter meet the afternoon after he comes to Oxford?
(a) The New Library.
(b) London Bridge.
(c) The Magdalen Bridge.
(d) The chapel.
5. Whom does Peter believe will be the most likely targets of the culprit's next attack?
(a) Harriet, Peter, and another unnamed person.
(b) Harriet, Miss de Vine, and another unnamed person.
(c) Miss Newland, Harriet, and Miss Martin.
(d) Miss Martin, the Warden, and another unnamed person.
6. How does Harriet react to Pomfret's proposal after he has left her?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She doubts her decision.
(c) She grows angry at men.
(d) She cries.
7. When Harriet returns to the college, who is crying because of Miss Newland's disappearance?
(a) Miss Martin.
(c) Miss Shaw.
(d) Miss Edwards.
8. When Harriet sees Peter in Oxford, what is he wearing?
(a) A black overcoat.
(b) White flannels.
(c) His cap and gown.
(d) A detectiive cap.
9. What does Peter's assistant find on the floor in the science lab?
(a) A note.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A hairpin.
(d) A cap.
10. What does Peter say is the only gift that Harriet's allowed him to buy for her?
(b) A book.
(c) A horse saddle.
(d) A dog collar.
11. Who takes fingerprints of the lab room?
(b) The police.
12. What does Harriet find smashed in her room?
(a) Her piano.
(b) Her lamp.
(c) Miss Lydgate's manuscript.
(d) Her chess set.
13. Where does Harriet expect her attack to take place?
(a) Her room.
(b) The car garage.
(c) The Fellows Garden.
(d) The front gate.
14. Who returns the slipper to Miss Hillyard?
(d) Miss Martin.
15. Who has a heart attack?
(a) Miss de Vine.
(d) Miss Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter say was used to smash Harriet's property?
2. Who asks where Annie is on the night of the attack?
3. What does Harriet see on Miss Hillyard's carpet and slippers?
4. Who asks Mrs. Goodwin not to go?
5. With whom is Peter having lunch on Monday?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)