Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the Dean call an incredibly beautiful young man?
2. When Harriet returns to the college, who is crying because of Miss Newland's disappearance?
(a) Miss Shaw.
(b) Miss Edwards.
(c) Miss Martin.
3. When Peter returns from York, whom does he tell Harriet he was looking for?
(a) Arthur Robinson.
(c) Thomas Penn.
(d) Miss de Vine.
4. What do Harriet and Miss Martin attend the morning after a big storm?
(a) The University Sermon.
(b) The New Library opening ceremony.
(c) The Magdalen Mayday.
(d) A picnic.
5. What do Harriet and the Dean find in the science lab?
(b) Poison pen letters.
(c) A body.
(d) A figure.
6. What does Harriet put on before going to Miss de Vine's room?
(a) A coat.
(b) Her slippers.
(c) A dog collar.
(d) A holster.
7. What is missing the night that Miss Newland disappears?
(a) A book.
(b) A boathouse key.
(c) A car.
(d) The gate key.
8. After leaving the science lab, what does Peter say to Harriet?
(a) He tells her that Miss de Vine is the culprit.
(b) He tells her he is leaving for Rome.
(c) He asks her to call in a private detective.
(d) He warns her that she is in danger.
9. Where do Harriet and Peter meet the afternoon after he comes to Oxford?
(a) The New Library.
(b) The chapel.
(c) London Bridge.
(d) The Magdalen Bridge.
10. As Peter and Harriet prepare to take coffee in the Senior Common Room, what does Peter ask Harriet to do?
(a) Stay silent and let him do the talking.
(b) Introduce him to the ladies.
(c) Bring up the murder.
(d) Speak the truth and stick to the point.
11. How does Saint-George demonstrate that his arm has healed?
(a) By playing cricket.
(b) By embracing Harriet.
(c) By doing a handstand.
(d) By punting on the river.
12. Where does Harriet gain consciousness after her attack?
(a) In the Infirmary.
(b) In Miss Martin's room.
(d) In her own bed.
13. Who asks where Annie is on the night of the attack?
(a) Miss Hillyard.
(c) Miss Martin.
14. Who calls Harriet to tell her that he spotted the culprit?
15. What does Peter thank Harriet for?
(a) Meeting him in London.
(b) Solving the case.
(c) Accepting his proposal.
(d) Being kind to Saint-George.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who proved that a man's thesis was untrue while at Flamborough College?
2. Who accuses Harriet of behaving inappropriately with Peter?
3. Who comes upon Pomfret confessing his love to Harriet?
4. Whom is Arthur Robinson connected to?
5. Who does Harriet first contact for professional help in solving the case?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)