|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter say was used to smash Harriet's property?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A bat.
(c) A fire poker.
(d) A Cuban and French heel.
2. Where does Peter eat dinner on Monday evening?
(b) Harriet's room.
(c) The Senior Common Room.
(d) Saint-George's room.
3. Who attempts to punch Peter while Peter is playing the piano?
(a) Miss Hillyard.
(c) The culprit.
4. While at a friend's, Harriet receives a call from a woman claiming to be whom?
(a) The Warden's sister.
(b) Mrs. Padgett.
(c) The Dean's maid.
(d) The Warden's maid.
5. Harriet is grabbed by what?
(a) The arm.
(b) The throat.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Her hair.
6. As Peter is leaving for York, what does Harriet ask him to deliver to her secretary?
(a) A letter.
(b) Chapters of her manuscript.
(c) A piece of evidence.
(d) A hat.
7. Who finds Harriet after she is attacked?
(a) Miss de Vine.
(b) Miss Martin.
8. Who asks where Annie is on the night of the attack?
(b) Miss Hillyard.
(c) Miss Martin.
9. When Harriet sees Peter in Oxford, what is he wearing?
(a) His cap and gown.
(b) White flannels.
(c) A detectiive cap.
(d) A black overcoat.
10. Which character of her latest novel does Peter suggest Harriet alter?
11. At what point does Miss Newland jump out of the canoe?
(a) When she is approaching the waterfall.
(b) She does not jump out of the canoe.
(c) When she sees the search party coming.
(d) Before the search party finds her.
12. Who asks Peter if he is comfortable in his occupation of catching murderers?
(a) Miss Martin.
(b) Miss Hillyard.
(c) Miss Barton.
13. What does Harriet ask Peter in the letter she sends him in Chapter 13?
(a) To visit Saint-George.
(b) To recommend a detective.
(c) To stop proposing to her.
(d) To help her solve the case.
14. What does Harriet put on before going to Miss de Vine's room?
(a) A dog collar.
(b) A coat.
(c) Her slippers.
(d) A holster.
15. Who proved that a man's thesis was untrue while at Flamborough College?
(b) Miss de Vine.
(d) Miss Hillyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harriet react to Pomfret's proposal after he has left her?
2. Who served in the military with Peter?
3. Who has told Dr. Threep about a poison pen letter?
4. What does Peter thank Harriet for?
5. After leaving the science lab, what does Peter say to Harriet?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)