|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Peter ask to try to identify the culprit?
2. Who asks Peter if he is comfortable in his occupation of catching murderers?
(a) Miss Martin.
(b) Miss Barton.
(c) Miss Hillyard.
3. Who teases Peter about Harriet?
(b) Miss Martin.
(d) Miss Hillyard.
4. What does Harriet put on before going to Miss de Vine's room?
(a) A holster.
(b) A coat.
(c) Her slippers.
(d) A dog collar.
5. What does Peter discuss with Miss Hillyard?
(a) Her paper in the Scientific Review.
(b) Harriet's newest book.
(c) His newest book.
(d) Her paper in the Historical Review.
6. Who asks where Annie is on the night of the attack?
(c) Miss Martin.
(d) Miss Hillyard.
7. What is the age difference between Pomfret and Harriet?
(a) He is two years older than she is.
(b) He is ten years younger than she is.
(c) His ten years older than she is.
(d) He is two years younger than she is.
8. Where is Annie found in Chapter 21?
(a) The river.
(b) The coal-hole.
(c) Harriet's room.
(d) The chapel.
9. What does Harriet ask Peter in the letter she sends him in Chapter 13?
(a) To visit Saint-George.
(b) To recommend a detective.
(c) To stop proposing to her.
(d) To help her solve the case.
10. Who served in the military with Peter?
11. As Peter is leaving for York, what does Harriet ask him to deliver to her secretary?
(a) A letter.
(b) A hat.
(c) A piece of evidence.
(d) Chapters of her manuscript.
12. What does Peter refuse to discuss with the Warden?
13. Where does Harriet gain consciousness after her attack?
(a) In her own bed.
(c) In the Infirmary.
(d) In Miss Martin's room.
14. What does Peter say was used to smash Harriet's property?
(a) A fire poker.
(b) A Cuban and French heel.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A bat.
15. What does Peter's assistant find on the floor in the science lab?
(a) A cap.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A hairpin.
(d) A note.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Saint-George demonstrate that his arm has healed?
2. What does Harriet find smashed in her room?
3. Where does Peter take Harriet after he returns from York?
4. What do Harriet and Miss Martin attend the morning after a big storm?
5. After leaving the science lab, what does Peter say to Harriet?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)