|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proved that a man's thesis was untrue while at Flamborough College?
(b) Miss de Vine.
(d) Miss Hillyard.
2. Who first discovers that Miss Newland is missing?
(a) The police.
(c) Fellow students.
(d) Miss Martin.
3. What does Peter discuss with Miss Hillyard?
(a) Her paper in the Scientific Review.
(b) Her paper in the Historical Review.
(c) His newest book.
(d) Harriet's newest book.
4. Where does Harriet gain consciousness after her attack?
(a) In Miss Martin's room.
(b) In her own bed.
(c) In the Infirmary.
5. Who teases Peter about Harriet?
(a) Miss Hillyard.
(c) Miss Martin.
6. When Peter returns from York, whom does he tell Harriet he was looking for?
(a) Thomas Penn.
(c) Miss de Vine.
(d) Arthur Robinson.
7. Who calls Harriet to tell her that he spotted the culprit?
8. Who helps Harriet get a letter to Peter?
(a) Peter's secretary.
(c) Peter's brother.
(d) Mr. Arbuthnot.
9. What does Harriet see on Miss Hillyard's carpet and slippers?
(b) Cut-out letters.
(c) Slivers of glass.
(d) Slivers of ivory.
10. What does Peter refuse to discuss with the Warden?
11. Who awakens Harriet Sunday night?
(b) Miss Martin.
(c) Miss Hillyard.
(d) Carrie and Annie.
12. Who asks Mrs. Goodwin not to go?
(a) Miss Martin.
(b) Miss Hillyard.
13. Which student does the Dean encourage to stop studying and take a break?
(a) Miss Newland.
(b) Miss Casttermole.
14. What does Peter thank Harriet for?
(a) Meeting him in London.
(b) Solving the case.
(c) Being kind to Saint-George.
(d) Accepting his proposal.
15. Why does Peter take Harriet to an isolated field?
(a) To discuss the case in private.
(b) To have a picnic.
(c) To teach her self-defense.
(d) To propose to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that she is submitting her resignation and that she is not the cause of the problems at the college?
2. Who served in the military with Peter?
3. Who finds Harriet after she is attacked?
4. What does Harriet ask Peter in the letter she sends him in Chapter 13?
5. Who has a heart attack?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)