|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has told Dr. Threep about a poison pen letter?
(a) The Dean.
(b) The Vice-Chancellor.
(c) The Warden.
2. What do Harriet and the Dean find in the science lab?
(a) Poison pen letters.
(b) A figure.
(c) A body.
3. Where does Peter eat dinner on Monday evening?
(a) Harriet's room.
(b) Saint-George's room.
(c) The Senior Common Room.
4. Who served in the military with Peter?
5. Where does Harriet gain consciousness after her attack?
(a) In her own bed.
(b) In the Infirmary.
(c) In Miss Martin's room.
6. Why does Peter take Harriet to an isolated field?
(a) To discuss the case in private.
(b) To propose to her.
(c) To teach her self-defense.
(d) To have a picnic.
7. Which student does the Dean encourage to stop studying and take a break?
(a) Miss Casttermole.
(c) Miss Newland.
8. Who comes upon Pomfret confessing his love to Harriet?
(c) The Dean.
(d) The Proctor.
9. How long does Peter sleep while Harriet watches boats on the river?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Twenty minutes.
10. Who once told Harriet that not verifying a source can lead to kidnapping?
(a) Harriet's uncle.
(b) Miss Martin.
(d) The police.
11. Where does Harriet first call to contact Peter?
(a) The Foreign Office.
(b) His office in Warsaw.
(c) His house in London.
(d) A hotel in Rome.
12. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon after he arrives in Oxford?
(b) Driving his motorcar.
(c) Discussing the case in her room.
(d) Punting on the river.
13. Where does Peter take Harriet after he returns from York?
(a) The English country side.
(c) The Thames.
14. What does Harriet see on Miss Hillyard's carpet and slippers?
(b) Slivers of glass.
(c) Cut-out letters.
(d) Slivers of ivory.
15. As Peter is leaving for York, what does Harriet ask him to deliver to her secretary?
(a) A letter.
(b) Chapters of her manuscript.
(c) A hat.
(d) A piece of evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dr. Threep's shirt-front?
2. Who takes fingerprints of the lab room?
3. Who does Harriet first contact for professional help in solving the case?
4. Which character of her latest novel does Peter suggest Harriet alter?
5. Where do Harriet and Peter meet the afternoon after he comes to Oxford?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)