|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Harriet meet as she is entering Shrewsbury on the night of the prank call?
(a) The Warden.
(b) The culprit.
(c) The Dean.
2. As Peter is leaving for York, what does Harriet ask him to deliver to her secretary?
(a) A hat.
(b) Chapters of her manuscript.
(c) A letter.
(d) A piece of evidence.
3. Where does Harriet expect her attack to take place?
(a) Her room.
(b) The Fellows Garden.
(c) The car garage.
(d) The front gate.
4. Where do Harriet and Peter meet the afternoon after he comes to Oxford?
(a) London Bridge.
(b) The New Library.
(c) The Magdalen Bridge.
(d) The chapel.
5. What do Harriet and the Dean find in the science lab?
(a) A body.
(c) A figure.
(d) Poison pen letters.
6. What do Harriet and Miss Martin attend the morning after a big storm?
(a) The University Sermon.
(b) The Magdalen Mayday.
(c) A picnic.
(d) The New Library opening ceremony.
7. What does Harriet ask Peter in the letter she sends him in Chapter 13?
(a) To recommend a detective.
(b) To visit Saint-George.
(c) To stop proposing to her.
(d) To help her solve the case.
8. What is the age difference between Pomfret and Harriet?
(a) He is two years older than she is.
(b) He is two years younger than she is.
(c) His ten years older than she is.
(d) He is ten years younger than she is.
9. Who served in the military with Peter?
10. What does Harriet find smashed in her room?
(a) Her lamp.
(b) Miss Lydgate's manuscript.
(c) Her piano.
(d) Her chess set.
11. After leaving the science lab, what does Peter say to Harriet?
(a) He tells her he is leaving for Rome.
(b) He warns her that she is in danger.
(c) He tells her that Miss de Vine is the culprit.
(d) He asks her to call in a private detective.
12. What do Peter and Harriet discuss in the evening after the incident of the science lab?
(b) The weather.
(c) The mystery.
13. What is the second gift that Harriet allows Peter to buy her?
(a) A `dog.
(b) A chess set.
(c) A horse.
(d) A piano.
14. Who sees Miss Hillyard in the Fellows Garden on the night of the prank call?
(d) The Warden.
15. Who attempts to punch Peter while Peter is playing the piano?
(a) Miss Hillyard.
(c) The culprit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dr. Threep's shirt-front?
2. What has Miss Newland been receiving previous to her attempted suicide?
3. While at a friend's, Harriet receives a call from a woman claiming to be whom?
4. What does Peter refuse to discuss with the Warden?
5. Who asks where Annie is on the night of the attack?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)