|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Peter ask to try to identify the culprit?
2. Who says that she is submitting her resignation and that she is not the cause of the problems at the college?
(a) Miss Barton.
(b) Miss de Vine.
(c) Miss Hillyard.
(d) Miss Goodwin.
3. What does Harriet find smashed in her room?
(a) Her chess set.
(b) Her lamp.
(c) Her piano.
(d) Miss Lydgate's manuscript.
4. What does Harriet put on before going to Miss de Vine's room?
(a) A dog collar.
(b) Her slippers.
(c) A holster.
(d) A coat.
5. Who sets up a system of patrols in Chapter 12?
(a) Padgett, Harriet, and Peter.
(b) Hired detectives.
(c) The policeman.
(d) Miss Martin, Harriet, Miss Lydgate, and Miss Edwards.
6. Where does Harriet first call to contact Peter?
(a) His office in Warsaw.
(b) The Foreign Office.
(c) His house in London.
(d) A hotel in Rome.
7. What does Peter say is the only gift that Harriet's allowed him to buy for her?
(a) A horse saddle.
(b) A dog collar.
(d) A book.
8. Where does Peter take Harriet after he returns from York?
(b) The English country side.
(c) The Thames.
9. Harriet is grabbed by what?
(a) The throat.
(b) Her coat.
(c) Her hair.
(d) The arm.
10. Which character of her latest novel does Peter suggest Harriet alter?
11. What happens to Dr. Threep's shirt-front?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It pops.
(c) It gets stained with a tomato.
(d) It is found with a poison pen letter.
12. Who asks Mrs. Goodwin not to go?
(a) Miss Hillyard.
(b) Miss Martin.
13. Who first discovers that Miss Newland is missing?
(a) Miss Martin.
(b) The police.
(d) Fellow students.
14. Whom is Arthur Robinson connected to?
(a) The Dean.
(c) Miss de Vine.
(d) The Warden.
15. How does Harriet react to Pomfret's proposal after he has left her?
(a) She grows angry at men.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She doubts her decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harriet sees Peter in Oxford, what is he wearing?
2. Who returns the slipper to Miss Hillyard?
3. What is the age difference between Pomfret and Harriet?
4. Who proved that a man's thesis was untrue while at Flamborough College?
5. What does Harriet ask Peter in the letter she sends him in Chapter 13?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)