|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter eat dinner on Monday evening?
(b) The Senior Common Room.
(c) Harriet's room.
(d) Saint-George's room.
2. Who tells the Dean about the figure in the science lab?
3. Who is involved in the search party for Miss Newland?
(a) The faculty only.
(b) Peter, Harriet, and Miss Martin.
(c) The police only.
(d) Faculty, students, and the police.
4. Whom does Peter ask to try to identify the culprit?
5. What does Miss Hillyard give Harriet from Peter?
(a) A new piano.
(b) A new chess set.
(c) An address.
6. How do Harriet and Peter spend the afternoon after he arrives in Oxford?
(b) Discussing the case in her room.
(c) Driving his motorcar.
(d) Punting on the river.
7. Who proved that a man's thesis was untrue while at Flamborough College?
(a) Miss de Vine.
(c) Miss Hillyard.
8. What does Peter say is the only gift that Harriet's allowed him to buy for her?
(b) A dog collar.
(c) A book.
(d) A horse saddle.
9. Who does Harriet first contact for professional help in solving the case?
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) A private detective firm.
(d) The police.
10. Who hears a grinding noise in Harriet's room the night of the smashing?
(b) Miss Martin.
(c) A student.
(d) Miss Hillyard.
11. How long does Peter sleep while Harriet watches boats on the river?
(a) Four hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Twenty minutes.
12. Whom does Harriet suspect to be spying on her and Peter?
(a) Miss Hillyard.
(b) Miss de Vine.
(c) Miss Martin.
(d) Miss Barton.
13. Who asks where Annie is on the night of the attack?
(a) Miss Hillyard.
(d) Miss Martin.
14. Who sees Miss Hillyard in the Fellows Garden on the night of the prank call?
(b) The Warden.
15. What does Harriet put on before going to Miss de Vine's room?
(a) A coat.
(b) A holster.
(c) Her slippers.
(d) A dog collar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Harriet's acquaintances sees her and Peter on the river?
2. What does Peter discuss with Miss Hillyard?
3. Who accuses Harriet of behaving inappropriately with Peter?
4. At what point does Miss Newland jump out of the canoe?
5. Who once told Harriet that not verifying a source can lead to kidnapping?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)