|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter take Harriet to an isolated field?
(a) To teach her self-defense.
(b) To discuss the case in private.
(c) To have a picnic.
(d) To propose to her.
2. Harriet is grabbed by what?
(a) Her hair.
(b) The throat.
(c) The arm.
(d) Her coat.
3. Which student does the Dean encourage to stop studying and take a break?
(c) Miss Newland.
(d) Miss Casttermole.
4. Where is Annie found in Chapter 21?
(a) The river.
(b) The chapel.
(c) The coal-hole.
(d) Harriet's room.
5. Whom is Arthur Robinson connected to?
(b) Miss de Vine.
(c) The Warden.
(d) The Dean.
6. What is the age difference between Pomfret and Harriet?
(a) He is ten years younger than she is.
(b) He is two years older than she is.
(c) His ten years older than she is.
(d) He is two years younger than she is.
7. How does Saint-George demonstrate that his arm has healed?
(a) By embracing Harriet.
(b) By playing cricket.
(c) By doing a handstand.
(d) By punting on the river.
8. As Peter and Harriet prepare to take coffee in the Senior Common Room, what does Peter ask Harriet to do?
(a) Bring up the murder.
(b) Stay silent and let him do the talking.
(c) Speak the truth and stick to the point.
(d) Introduce him to the ladies.
9. Who asks Peter if he is comfortable in his occupation of catching murderers?
(a) Miss Martin.
(c) Miss Barton.
(d) Miss Hillyard.
10. Whom does Peter believe will be the most likely targets of the culprit's next attack?
(a) Harriet, Miss de Vine, and another unnamed person.
(b) Harriet, Peter, and another unnamed person.
(c) Miss Martin, the Warden, and another unnamed person.
(d) Miss Newland, Harriet, and Miss Martin.
11. With whom is Peter having lunch on Monday?
(a) The Dean.
12. Who says that she is submitting her resignation and that she is not the cause of the problems at the college?
(a) Miss Barton.
(b) Miss Goodwin.
(c) Miss de Vine.
(d) Miss Hillyard.
13. What happens to Dr. Threep's shirt-front?
(a) It gets stained with a tomato.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It pops.
(d) It is found with a poison pen letter.
14. Who once told Harriet that not verifying a source can lead to kidnapping?
(a) The police.
(c) Miss Martin.
(d) Harriet's uncle.
15. What does Peter buy Harriet as protection?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A gun.
(c) A dog collar.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter returns from York, whom does he tell Harriet he was looking for?
2. What does Harriet tell the dean she feels like before Peter dines with them?
3. Who is involved in the search party for Miss Newland?
4. Where does Peter ask Harriet to visit some day?
5. Who awakens Harriet Sunday night?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)