|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet attend at the beginning of the summer term?
(a) A cricket match.
(b) The opening of the New Library.
(c) A dance.
(d) The Magdalen Mayday ceremony.
2. How were the notes written?
(a) From newspaper clippings.
(b) By hand.
(c) By typewriter.
(d) From book clippings.
3. Who invites Harriet to dinner and a show on April 1st?
4. How does Peter's April 1st proposal come to Harriet?
(a) In person.
(b) By telegram.
(c) By phone.
(d) By letter.
5. Harriet suggests to the Dean that what be installed on the top of the walls?
(d) Barbed wire.
6. What is stuck into the figure that Harriet finds hanging from the ceiling?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A spear.
(c) A pin.
(d) A bread-knife.
7. Peter's nephew asks Harriet to forget about whom?
(b) The culprit of the Shrewsbury mysteries.
(c) The Viennese singer.
(d) Mr. Pomfret.
8. Who is knocked down and bruised while the lights are out?
(a) The Dean.
(c) Miss Lydgate.
(d) Miss Barton.
9. While investigating the light in the New Library, Harriet runs into a student doing what?
(a) Getting milk.
(b) Finding a book.
(c) Getting coffee.
(d) Taking a walk.
10. Where had the gowns been burnt?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the tower.
(c) In the quad.
(d) In the chapel.
11. What does Harriet read to Saint-George?
(a) A letter from his parents.
(b) A letter from Peter.
(c) The doctor's orders.
(d) One of her books.
12. When does Harriet notice a suspicious light on in the New Library?
(a) At 10 p.m.
(b) After breakfast.
(d) At 3 a.m.
13. Which old classmate of Harriet's is an archaeologist?
(a) Vera Mollison.
(b) Mary Stokes.
(c) Phoebe Tucker.
(d) Dorothy Collins.
14. After the power outage, what does the Warden publicly ask?
(a) For students to use less power.
(b) For the guilty party to come forward.
(c) For the police to become involved.
(d) For Harriet to no longer help.
15. Where is Saint-George the second time Harriet sees him?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The hospital.
(c) On the river.
(d) His room.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her time at Oxford, Harriet discovers that people are more interested in whom, rather than herself?
2. At the New Library ceremony, the maid Annie tells Harriet that the vandalism began after who arrived?
3. Who is missing from her room when the lights go out in Tudor?
4. How many colleges have been vandalized?
5. What happens to Shrewsbury College while the lights are out due to removed fuses?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)