|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hates Oxford and attends only because of her parents' wishes?
(a) Miss Cattermole.
(b) Miss Mollison.
(c) Miss Briggs.
(d) Miss Flaxman.
2. What does Harriet attend at the beginning of the summer term?
(a) The Magdalen Mayday ceremony.
(b) A cricket match.
(c) The opening of the New Library.
(d) A dance.
3. Whom do the Fellows and Tutors originally suspect as the culprit of the letters and vandalism?
(a) A faculty member.
(b) The porter.
(c) A first year student.
(d) A scout.
4. Harriet and the Dean discuss the absence of what in the malevolent notes?
(b) Proper names.
5. Who bumps into Harriet and spills her meringues?
(b) Mr. Pomfret.
6. When Harriet visits Saint-George in the hospital the second time, what does she help him with?
(a) Talking to his parents.
(b) Writing to Peter.
(d) Paying bills.
7. Who is missing from her room when the lights go out in Tudor?
(a) Miss Newland.
(c) Miss Barton.
(d) Miss Cattermole.
8. Who is knocked down and bruised while the lights are out?
(a) The Dean.
(c) Miss Lydgate.
(d) Miss Barton.
9. While investigating the light in the New Library, Harriet runs into a student doing what?
(a) Taking a walk.
(b) Getting coffee.
(c) Getting milk.
(d) Finding a book.
10. Who writes to Harriet, asking her to attend the opening of the new library at Shrewsbury College?
(a) Phoebe Tucker.
(b) The Warden.
(c) Mary Stokes.
(d) The Dean.
11. How does Harriet arrive at Oxford in Chapter 1?
(a) By bus.
(b) By plane.
(c) By train.
(d) By car.
12. Who walks with Harriet back to her room after having coffee?
(a) The Dean.
(b) Miss Wilson.
(c) Miss de Vine.
(d) The Warden.
13. What event does Harriet first attend when she visits Shrewsbury College?
(a) Harvest festival.
(b) Unveiling of the clock.
(c) Opening of chapel.
(d) Building of the tower.
14. Harriet suggests to the Dean that what be installed on the top of the walls?
(b) Barbed wire.
15. Where does Harriet send Pomfret the morning after she meets him?
(a) To his dormitory.
(b) To the police.
(c) To the Dean's office.
(d) To the chemist's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet read about Shrewsbury College in a newspaper?
2. After Harriet notices the light on in the New Library, whose room does she find empty?
3. After the power outage, what does the Warden publicly ask?
4. Who telephones to get new fuses?
5. On the way back to her room after having coffee, what does Harriet find?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)