|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her time at Oxford, Harriet discovers that people are more interested in whom, rather than herself?
(a) Mary Stokes.
(b) Lord Arnold Tyndale.
(c) The characters from her books.
(d) Lord Peter Wimsey.
2. How does Harriet arrive at Oxford in Chapter 1?
(a) By plane.
(b) By train.
(c) By bus.
(d) By car.
3. Harriet suggests engaging investigators who disguise themselves as what?
(a) A maid service.
(b) A typing bureau.
(c) A bank.
(d) A shipping company.
4. What had Saint-George asked of Peter?
(a) A visit.
(b) A new car.
(c) A loan.
(d) A vacation.
5. Who is standing in front of the fuse box by the West Staircase?
(c) Miss Barton.
6. After Harriet notices the light on in the New Library, whose room does she find empty?
(a) Miss de Vine's.
(b) Miss Burrow's.
(c) Miss Martin's.
(d) Miss Barton's.
7. Who approaches Peter while he is reading a letter from Harriet?
(b) A Count.
(c) Peter's brother.
8. What happens to Shrewsbury College while the lights are out due to removed fuses?
(a) A fire.
(b) A kidnapping.
(c) Acts of vandalism.
(d) Acts of murder.
9. In which language is the note that Harriet found on the hanging figure?
10. Who tells Harriet that she wants to own a motorcycle?
(a) Miss Newland.
(b) Miss Cattermole.
(c) Padgett's daughter.
(d) Annie's daughter.
11. When does Harriet notice a suspicious light on in the New Library?
(a) After breakfast.
(b) At 10 p.m.
(d) At 3 a.m.
12. Several of Harriet's classmates ask her about which Lord?
(a) Peter Wimsey.
(b) Roger Stokes.
(c) Arnold Trent.
(d) Saint-George Wimsey.
13. Which old classmate of Harriet's is an archaeologist?
(a) Vera Mollison.
(b) Phoebe Tucker.
(c) Dorothy Collins.
(d) Mary Stokes.
14. Who invites Harriet to dinner and a show on April 1st?
15. When telling her about the New Library vandalism, what does Harriet smell in Miss Burrow the librarian's room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is missing from her room when the lights go out in Tudor?
2. Which maid at Shrewsbury College is a widow with two children?
3. Which student stole Miss Cattermole's fiancé?
4. Whom does Miss Hillyard accuse of the acts of vandalism?
5. To what does Saint-George invite Harriet after their first meeting?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)