|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Shrewsbury College while the lights are out due to removed fuses?
(a) Acts of vandalism.
(b) Acts of murder.
(c) A kidnapping.
(d) A fire.
2. Which old classmate of Harriet's is an archaeologist?
(a) Vera Mollison.
(b) Phoebe Tucker.
(c) Dorothy Collins.
(d) Mary Stokes.
3. How does Harriet arrive at Oxford in Chapter 1?
(a) By car.
(b) By bus.
(c) By plane.
(d) By train.
4. When Harriet visits Saint-George in the hospital the second time, what does she help him with?
(a) Talking to his parents.
(b) Writing to Peter.
(c) Paying bills.
5. Where does Harriet find a robed figure hanging from the ceiling?
(a) The library.
(b) The tower.
(c) The clock.
(d) The chapel.
6. Who is standing in front of the fuse box by the West Staircase?
(d) Miss Barton.
7. Besides Jukes and his family, who is in the house when it is raided?
(a) Miss Martin.
8. Where does Harriet stay at her second visit to Oxford?
(a) The Guest Room.
(b) A hotel.
(c) The Dean's house.
(d) The dormitories.
9. In which language is the note that Harriet found on the hanging figure?
10. Harriet and the Dean discuss the absence of what in the malevolent notes?
(b) Proper names.
11. How many colleges have been vandalized?
(a) Just Shrewsbury.
(b) Shrewsbury and New College.
(c) Shrewsbury and three other Oxford colleges.
(d) Shrewsbury and two other women's colleges.
12. Whom does Harriet offer to help with proof sheets?
(a) Miss Hillyard.
(b) Miss Martin.
(c) Miss Lydgate.
(d) Miss Barton.
13. Which maid at Shrewsbury College is a widow with two children?
14. Who proposes to Harriet at regular intervals?
(a) The Dean.
(b) Saint-George Wimsey.
(c) Lord Peter Wimsey.
(d) Lord Edward White.
15. Peter's nephew asks Harriet to forget about whom?
(b) Mr. Pomfret.
(c) The culprit of the Shrewsbury mysteries.
(d) The Viennese singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stuck into the figure that Harriet finds hanging from the ceiling?
2. Who walks with Harriet back to her room after having coffee?
3. Why does Mrs. Goodwin not return at the beginning of the summer term?
4. Why is Pomfret at Shrewsbury College the morning after Harriet caught him climbing the wall?
5. Where had the gowns been burnt?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)