|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is missing from her room when the lights go out in Tudor?
(a) Miss Cattermole.
(c) Miss Barton.
(d) Miss Newland.
2. When telling her about the New Library vandalism, what does Harriet smell in Miss Burrow the librarian's room?
3. Who is knocked down and bruised while the lights are out?
(a) Miss Lydgate.
(c) The Dean.
(d) Miss Barton.
4. Where is Saint-George the second time Harriet sees him?
(a) On the river.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) His room.
(d) The hospital.
5. In Chapter 1, which old friend of Harriet's is ill and urges her to attend a school event?
(a) Vera Mollison.
(b) Dorothy Collins.
(c) Mary Stokes.
(d) Betty Armstrong.
6. Harriet suggests engaging investigators who disguise themselves as what?
(a) A maid service.
(b) A typing bureau.
(c) A bank.
(d) A shipping company.
7. How does Harriet arrive at Oxford in Chapter 1?
(a) By plane.
(b) By train.
(c) By car.
(d) By bus.
8. Why does Mrs. Goodwin not return at the beginning of the summer term?
(a) Her husband just died.
(b) Her son has measles.
(c) Her son is teething.
(d) She has typhoid.
9. Where does Harriet stay at her second visit to Oxford?
(a) The Guest Room.
(b) The dormitories.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The Dean's house.
10. Who bumps into Harriet and spills her meringues?
(b) Mr. Pomfret.
11. Where does Harriet send Pomfret the morning after she meets him?
(a) To the Dean's office.
(b) To the police.
(c) To the chemist's.
(d) To his dormitory.
12. What happens to Shrewsbury College while the lights are out due to removed fuses?
(a) Acts of vandalism.
(b) Acts of murder.
(c) A fire.
(d) A kidnapping.
13. Who is standing in front of the fuse box by the West Staircase?
(b) Miss Barton.
14. Miss Pyke discovers that what is missing right before she has to lecture?
(a) Her pen.
(b) Her spectacles.
(c) Her book.
(d) Her gown.
15. In Chapter 7, Harriet is returning from where?
(a) The theatre.
(d) A dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Harriet find lying on the ground drunk in the middle of the night?
2. Whom was Shrewsbury College named after?
3. Who tries to blackmail Pomfret for climbing over the college wall?
4. Where does Harriet find a robed figure hanging from the ceiling?
5. In which language is the note that Harriet found on the hanging figure?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)