|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Lydgate clutching as the lights go off across the Quad?
(a) Her torch.
(b) Her proofs.
(c) A rolling pin.
(d) A student.
2. When Harriet visits Saint-George in the hospital the second time, what does she help him with?
(b) Talking to his parents.
(c) Paying bills.
(d) Writing to Peter.
3. In Chapter 4, what does a servant find under the table where Peter and Harriet were dining?
(a) A rose.
(b) Harriet's notebook.
(c) A letter from the Dean.
(d) Hate mail.
4. Where is Saint-George the second time Harriet sees him?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) On the river.
(d) His room.
5. During her time at Oxford, Harriet discovers that people are more interested in whom, rather than herself?
(a) The characters from her books.
(b) Mary Stokes.
(c) Lord Arnold Tyndale.
(d) Lord Peter Wimsey.
6. Besides Jukes and his family, who is in the house when it is raided?
(a) Miss Martin.
7. What does Harriet attend at the beginning of the summer term?
(a) The Magdalen Mayday ceremony.
(b) The opening of the New Library.
(c) A cricket match.
(d) A dance.
8. What does Harriet read to Saint-George?
(a) One of her books.
(b) A letter from Peter.
(c) A letter from his parents.
(d) The doctor's orders.
9. After Harriet notices the light on in the New Library, whose room does she find empty?
(a) Miss de Vine's.
(b) Miss Barton's.
(c) Miss Burrow's.
(d) Miss Martin's.
10. Who is standing in front of the fuse box by the West Staircase?
(b) Miss Barton.
11. What has Peter broken when he takes Harriet to dinner after her return from Oxford?
(a) His motorcar.
(b) Harriet's handbag.
(c) Two ribs.
(d) His ankle.
12. What happens to Shrewsbury College while the lights are out due to removed fuses?
(a) A kidnapping.
(b) A fire.
(c) Acts of vandalism.
(d) Acts of murder.
13. Harriet suggests engaging investigators who disguise themselves as what?
(a) A shipping company.
(b) A bank.
(c) A maid service.
(d) A typing bureau.
14. Where does Harriet stay at her second visit to Oxford?
(a) The Dean's house.
(b) The Guest Room.
(c) The dormitories.
(d) A hotel.
15. In which language is the note that Harriet found on the hanging figure?
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Pyke discovers that what is missing right before she has to lecture?
2. Whom does Harriet offer to help with proof sheets?
3. Who proposes to Harriet at regular intervals?
4. After the Gaudy Dinner, who invites Harriet for coffee?
5. In Chapter 7, Harriet is returning from where?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)