|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Harriet is returning from where?
(b) A dance.
(d) The theatre.
2. Besides Jukes and his family, who is in the house when it is raided?
(c) Miss Martin.
3. Who proposes to Harriet at regular intervals?
(a) Saint-George Wimsey.
(b) The Dean.
(c) Lord Peter Wimsey.
(d) Lord Edward White.
4. What does Harriet read to Saint-George?
(a) A letter from Peter.
(b) The doctor's orders.
(c) A letter from his parents.
(d) One of her books.
5. Whom does Harriet offer to help with proof sheets?
(a) Miss Lydgate.
(b) Miss Martin.
(c) Miss Hillyard.
(d) Miss Barton.
6. Who is standing in front of the fuse box by the West Staircase?
(a) Miss Barton.
7. Catherine Freemantle, a former classmate of Harriet's, married a farmer and now lives where?
(a) On the Welsh border.
(b) In Yorkshire.
(c) On the Scottish border.
(d) In Ireland.
8. Where does Harriet send Pomfret the morning after she meets him?
(a) To the Dean's office.
(b) To the police.
(c) To the chemist's.
(d) To his dormitory.
9. In Chapter 1, which old friend of Harriet's is ill and urges her to attend a school event?
(a) Dorothy Collins.
(b) Mary Stokes.
(c) Vera Mollison.
(d) Betty Armstrong.
10. To what does Saint-George invite Harriet after their first meeting?
(b) The theatre.
(d) A Mayday festival.
11. Harriet suggests to the Dean that what be installed on the top of the walls?
(a) Barbed wire.
12. When telling her about the New Library vandalism, what does Harriet smell in Miss Burrow the librarian's room?
13. Where does Harriet go after the term ends in April?
14. Who asks if there is to be an opening ceremony for the lavatories?
(a) The Dean Miss Martin.
(b) The porter Padgett.
(c) The chancellor.
15. Several of Harriet's classmates ask her about which Lord?
(a) Arnold Trent.
(b) Saint-George Wimsey.
(c) Roger Stokes.
(d) Peter Wimsey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Harriet that she wants to own a motorcycle?
2. After the Gaudy Dinner, who invites Harriet for coffee?
3. Which two students on bicycles meet Mr. Pomfret and Harriet at the gate?
4. Who bumps into Harriet and spills her meringues?
5. On the way back to her room after having coffee, what does Harriet find?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)