|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which language is the note that Harriet found on the hanging figure?
2. Peter's nephew asks Harriet to forget about whom?
(a) Mr. Pomfret.
(b) The culprit of the Shrewsbury mysteries.
(c) The Viennese singer.
3. Whom do the Fellows and Tutors originally suspect as the culprit of the letters and vandalism?
(a) A first year student.
(b) A scout.
(c) A faculty member.
(d) The porter.
4. During her time at Oxford, Harriet discovers that people are more interested in whom, rather than herself?
(a) Mary Stokes.
(b) The characters from her books.
(c) Lord Arnold Tyndale.
(d) Lord Peter Wimsey.
5. How many colleges have been vandalized?
(a) Shrewsbury and three other Oxford colleges.
(b) Just Shrewsbury.
(c) Shrewsbury and New College.
(d) Shrewsbury and two other women's colleges.
6. Catherine Freemantle, a former classmate of Harriet's, married a farmer and now lives where?
(a) In Yorkshire.
(b) In Ireland.
(c) On the Welsh border.
(d) On the Scottish border.
7. While investigating the light in the New Library, Harriet runs into a student doing what?
(a) Getting coffee.
(b) Finding a book.
(c) Taking a walk.
(d) Getting milk.
8. Who invites Harriet to dinner and a show on April 1st?
9. Who hates Oxford and attends only because of her parents' wishes?
(a) Miss Flaxman.
(b) Miss Briggs.
(c) Miss Cattermole.
(d) Miss Mollison.
10. After the power outage, what does the Warden publicly ask?
(a) For Harriet to no longer help.
(b) For the police to become involved.
(c) For students to use less power.
(d) For the guilty party to come forward.
11. Which old classmate of Harriet's is an archaeologist?
(a) Dorothy Collins.
(b) Phoebe Tucker.
(c) Vera Mollison.
(d) Mary Stokes.
12. Miss Pyke discovers that what is missing right before she has to lecture?
(a) Her spectacles.
(b) Her pen.
(c) Her gown.
(d) Her book.
13. Where does Harriet go after the term ends in April?
14. Who approaches Peter while he is reading a letter from Harriet?
(c) Peter's brother.
(d) A Count.
15. Who telephones to get new fuses?
(a) Juke's wife.
(b) The Dean.
(d) Padgett's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stuck into the figure that Harriet finds hanging from the ceiling?
2. What does Harriet do for a living?
3. Where is Saint-George the second time Harriet sees him?
4. Who is standing in front of the fuse box by the West Staircase?
5. Why is Pomfret at Shrewsbury College the morning after Harriet caught him climbing the wall?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)