Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1-2
1. In Chapter 1, what are Harriet's emotions as she returns to Shrewsbury College?
2. How have Harriet's classmates changed from when they graduated to when she saw them again at the unveiling of the clock?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Harriet talk about while having coffee with the Dean and her other classmates?
4. How do Harriet's classmates and former professors receive her?
Short Essay Question - Chapters 3-4
5. Why is Sunday the best part of a Gaudy?
6. In Chapter 3,...
This section contains 837 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)