|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character of her latest novel does Peter suggest Harriet alter?
2. How does Peter's April 1st proposal come to Harriet?
(a) In person.
(b) By phone.
(c) By letter.
(d) By telegram.
3. To what does Saint-George invite Harriet after their first meeting?
(b) The theatre.
(c) A Mayday festival.
4. What event does Harriet first attend when she visits Shrewsbury College?
(a) Building of the tower.
(b) Unveiling of the clock.
(c) Opening of chapel.
(d) Harvest festival.
5. Which of Harriet's acquaintances sees her and Peter on the river?
(a) Miss Cattermole.
(b) Miss Schuster-Slatt.
(c) Miss Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Harriet wakes herself up calling for whom?
2. What does Peter refuse to discuss with the Warden?
3. When Harriet visits Saint-George in the hospital the second time, what does she help him with?
4. Catherine Freemantle, a former classmate of Harriet's, married a farmer and now lives where?
5. When telling her about the New Library vandalism, what does Harriet smell in Miss Burrow the librarian's room?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)