|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While having coffee after the Gaudy Dinner, who questions Harriet about the type of books she writes?
(a) Miss Winters.
(b) Miss Barton.
(c) The Dean.
(d) Miss Mollison.
2. When telling her about the New Library vandalism, what does Harriet smell in Miss Burrow the librarian's room?
3. How many colleges have been vandalized?
(a) Shrewsbury and three other Oxford colleges.
(b) Just Shrewsbury.
(c) Shrewsbury and New College.
(d) Shrewsbury and two other women's colleges.
4. Where does Harriet find a robed figure hanging from the ceiling?
(a) The clock.
(b) The library.
(c) The tower.
(d) The chapel.
5. Harriet suggests engaging investigators who disguise themselves as what?
(a) A bank.
(b) A shipping company.
(c) A maid service.
(d) A typing bureau.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had the gowns been burnt?
2. Who was the last person to handle Miss Lydgate's manuscript?
3. Peter's nephew asks Harriet to forget about whom?
4. After Harriet notices the light on in the New Library, whose room does she find empty?
5. Who tries to blackmail Pomfret for climbing over the college wall?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)