|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks if there is to be an opening ceremony for the lavatories?
(a) The chancellor.
(b) The porter Padgett.
(c) The Dean Miss Martin.
2. Who writes to Harriet, asking her to attend the opening of the new library at Shrewsbury College?
(a) The Warden.
(b) The Dean.
(c) Mary Stokes.
(d) Phoebe Tucker.
3. Who was the last person to handle Miss Lydgate's manuscript?
(a) Miss Martin.
(b) Miss Hillyard.
(c) Miss Lydgate.
(d) Miss Barton.
4. How does Harriet arrive at Oxford in Chapter 1?
(a) By bus.
(b) By car.
(c) By train.
(d) By plane.
5. What event does Harriet first attend when she visits Shrewsbury College?
(a) Building of the tower.
(b) Opening of chapel.
(c) Unveiling of the clock.
(d) Harvest festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of weather does Harriet drive through at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. During her time at Oxford, Harriet discovers that people are more interested in whom, rather than herself?
3. After the Gaudy Dinner, who invites Harriet for coffee?
4. What does Harriet do for a living?
5. While having coffee after the Gaudy Dinner, who questions Harriet about the type of books she writes?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)