|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does a servant find under the table where Peter and Harriet were dining?
(a) Harriet's notebook.
(b) Hate mail.
(c) A letter from the Dean.
(d) A rose.
2. What has Peter broken when he takes Harriet to dinner after her return from Oxford?
(a) His motorcar.
(b) His ankle.
(c) Harriet's handbag.
(d) Two ribs.
3. In Chapter 1, which old friend of Harriet's is ill and urges her to attend a school event?
(a) Vera Mollison.
(b) Dorothy Collins.
(c) Mary Stokes.
(d) Betty Armstrong.
4. What does Harriet do for a living?
(a) Writes for a newspaper.
(b) Writes mysteries.
(c) Writes science textbooks.
(d) Writes romance novels.
5. Who asks if there is to be an opening ceremony for the lavatories?
(a) The Dean Miss Martin.
(b) The chancellor.
(c) The porter Padgett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harriet and the Dean discuss the absence of what in the malevolent notes?
2. What is Harriet daydreaming about in the first paragraph of The Gaudy Night?
3. What does Harriet read about Shrewsbury College in a newspaper?
4. Who walks with Harriet back to her room after having coffee?
5. Harriet suggests engaging investigators who disguise themselves as what?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)