|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Harriet find climbing up a wall of the college in the middle of the night?
(a) The porter.
(c) Miss Flaxman.
(d) Miss Millbanks.
2. What has Miss Newland been receiving previous to her attempted suicide?
(a) Poison pen letters.
(b) Telephone calls.
3. Which student stole Miss Cattermole's fiancé?
(a) Miss Mollison.
(b) Miss Millbanks.
(c) Miss Fowler.
(d) Miss Flaxman.
4. Who is involved in the search party for Miss Newland?
(a) Faculty, students, and the police.
(b) The faculty only.
(c) The police only.
(d) Peter, Harriet, and Miss Martin.
5. Who sets up a system of patrols in Chapter 12?
(a) Padgett, Harriet, and Peter.
(b) Hired detectives.
(c) Miss Martin, Harriet, Miss Lydgate, and Miss Edwards.
(d) The policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harriet find a robed figure hanging from the ceiling?
2. Whom does Harriet find lying on the ground drunk in the middle of the night?
3. When does Harriet notice a suspicious light on in the New Library?
4. Where does Harriet expect her attack to take place?
5. What is starting at the beginning of Chapter 12?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)