|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who really raised Candy?
2. What did Mathu ask Snookum to get from the house when the sandwiches came?
3. What does Luke Will say to Mapes about Charlie?
4. Who welcomed Gil at the door of his father's house?
5. Who was sitting in Fix's lap?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Leroy's reaction to getting shot?
2. What was Tee Jack afraid of?
3. How did Mapes get the group of old men to decide to end the evening?
4. Why is it important that this chapter is narrated by a child?
5. How many funerals were there?
6. How was Gil welcomed by the people gathered at his father's house?
7. How were the old men getting a bathroom break?
8. Why did Fix need all his sons to agree on a course of action?
9. Who came in from the kitchen and what was he doing there?
10. Why did Mapes call Charlie "Mr. Biggs?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Light-skinned blacks vs. dark-skinned blacks. Explain what is happening in this story between the people who are light-skinned and the people who are dark-skinned. How did these prejudices begin?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the story of Fix and his men. Had anything changed through the years? What had changed?
Essay Topic 3
How will this town be different in the future? Will the events of this day make an impact and really change things, or will everything go back to the way it always was?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)