|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who really raised Candy?
2. What did Dirty Red keep asking Charlie?
3. What happens when Charlie and Mapes go out the front door?
4. Who was sitting in Fix's lap?
5. What does Luke Will notice about Tee Jack at the end of the chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the final moments of the shoot-out.
2. What was Tee Jack afraid of?
3. What is Leroy's reaction to getting shot?
4. What does Charlie do when the shoot-out begins?
5. Who came in from the kitchen and what was he doing there?
6. Why did Fix need all his sons to agree on a course of action?
7. How were the old men getting a bathroom break?
8. What did Miss Merle do to show her disgust at the crowd of old black men?
9. Who did Mapes put in charge after he was wounded?
10. How many funerals were there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss man vs. machine. The tractors vs. mules. How had life on the plantation changed due to this invention?
Essay Topic 2
Relationships between white and black in this town in the Deep South. Explain the relationships between the black and white people in this town. Why didn't they change after slavery and after civil rights? Why is this town so far behind the times?
Essay Topic 3
Why were the old black men brave now but hadn't been before?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)