|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Snookum's grandmother?
(c) Gram Mon.
2. What days does Mat and Chimley fish on the river?
(a) Tuesdays and Thursdays.
(b) Mondays and Wednesdays.
(c) Saturdays only.
(d) Sundays after church.
3. After Janey tells Miss Merle about the murder, Miss Merle runs out the door the go the quarters. As she is leaving, what does Miss Merle tell Janey to do?
(a) Go to Marshall.
(b) Wake the Major.
(c) Call Lou Dimes again.
4. What is the garry?
(a) The cane field.
(b) The front porch, the garrett.
(c) The shady side of the house.
(d) The pecan groves.
5. How does Mapes know Mathu?
(a) They hunt and fish together.
(b) They grow up together.
(c) They are in a fistfight with each other.
(d) Mathu works for Mapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Chimley not mind being called by his nickname?
2. Why do people call Sully T.V.?
3. How does Tucker's brother Silas get into trouble with white people?
4. What kind of a cap is Chimley wearing?
5. How many years does Miss Merle known Candy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tee Jack afraid of and how does he handle the situation?
2. What does Gil's coach want to tell Gill? Why aren't Cal and Sully in this meeting?
3. Johnny Paul begins talking about what Mapes cannot see. What is Johnny Paul talking about?
4. Who is Tucker's brother and what is the battle that brigs man against machine?
5. How many days does the trial last and why is the length of the trail significant?
6. How does the reader know where the story is taking place?
7. What is the significance of Chimley's name?
8. How can readers tell that Gram Mon is poor?
9. What happens on the river that narrows the fishing area for Chimley and Mat?
10. Why does Mathu look down on some of the men who come to help him?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)