|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Clatoo dressed in a nice shirt and bow tie?
(a) He sold vegetables out of his truck and always wanted to remind people that he was a businessman.
(b) He had just returned from church with Reverend Jameson.
(c) He had just been to a funeral.
(d) He was returning from work.
2. What did Cherry Bello own?
(a) A plantation.
(b) A liquor - and - grocery store.
(c) A vegetable truck.
(d) A gas station.
3. When Miss Merle arrives at Mathu's house, what is the first thing that happens?
(a) Snookum finally gets something to eat.
(b) Candy confesses to the murder.
(c) Mathu fires at the car.
(d) Lou Dimes confesses to the murder.
4. What position did Gil play on the football team?
5. How did Tucker's brother Silas get into trouble with white people?
(a) Silas stole a white man's tractor.
(b) Silas talked to a white woman.
(c) Silas and his mules won a contest with Fix's tractor.
(d) Silas dated a white woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instructions did Candy give to Snookum about Mr. Lou?
2. What days did Mat and Chimley fish on the river?
3. Where did the group of old men walk to?
4. What color is Clabber's skin?
5. What did the coach need to tell Gil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the significance of Chimley's name?
2. Why did Gil look at Cal like he hated him?
3. Why did Mat and Chimley wait before they took action?
4. How does the reader know where the story is taking place?
5. Who was Tucker's brother and what was the battle that brought man against machine?
6. What was happening to the black graveyards?
7. What did it mean when they saw dust on the road? What was this a symbol of?
8. What are the Major and Miss Bea doing?
9. What was the significance of empty number five shells?
10. Who are the Major and Miss Bea?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)