|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gil arrived at the scene of the crime, how long had his brother been dead?
(a) About a full day.
(b) About two hours.
(c) About four hours.
(d) About a half a day.
2. What was Dirty Red and his family known for?
(a) They were considered lazy.
(b) They were sharecroppers.
(c) They were known as good sugar cane workers.
(d) They kept the graveyard clean.
3. When did Chimley not mind being called by his nickname?
(a) When his momma talked to him.
(b) When his friends were talking to him.
(c) When Candy talked to him.
(d) When Mr. Lou talked to him.
4. Who carried his gun like a soldier?
5. How did the fight start between Fix and Mathu?
(a) Fix took Mathu's Coke from him.
(b) It started over a Coke bottle.
(c) Fix took a Coke without paying for it.
(d) Mathu stared at Fix as he was drinking a Coke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Chimley sitting on while he was fishing?
2. What kind of a cap was Chimley wearing?
3. Why was Lou not at work?
4. Who did Ella call?
5. What, according to Johnny Paul, could Mapes NOT see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Bea unconcerned that Beau had been killed?
2. What was Johnny Paul talking about when he talked to Mapes about what he couldn't see?
3. What are the Major and Miss Bea doing?
4. How did Gable describe the death of his sixteen-year-old son?
5. Why did Mathu look down on some of the men who came to help him?
6. What did it mean when they saw dust on the road? What was this a symbol of?
7. What is the significance of Janey scolding Snookum to call Candy "Miss Candy" and Lou "Mr. Lou?"
8. Who were Salt and Pepper?
9. What had happened on the river that narrowed the fishing area for Chimley and Mat?
10. Who was Tucker's brother and what was the battle that brought man against machine?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)