|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Clatoo let the men out of the truck before they arrived at Mathu's?
(a) They were out of room in the truck.
(b) Clatoo wanted to go pick up more supplies.
(c) Clatoo wanted to pick up more men and all walk to Mathu's together,
(d) Clatoo thought those men should walk.
2. Why was Gable's sixteen-year-old son put to death?
(a) A white woman claimed he raped her.
(b) Gable's son ran away from home.
(c) Gable's son stared at a white man's wife.
(d) Gable's son started a fight in town and hit a white man.
3. What did Cherry Bello own?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A liquor - and - grocery store.
(c) A vegetable truck.
(d) A plantation.
4. What does Snookum see at Mathu's house?
(a) Rufe hoeing in his garden.
(b) Reverend Jameson standing over a body.
(c) A dead body.
(d) Corrine in her kitchen eating.
5. What did Chimley tell his wife when he left the house?
(a) The find more men and guns and send them along.
(b) To have the fish ready to eat when he returned.
(c) To quit bugging him.
(d) To gather all the women and meet him at Mathu's
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Janey live?
2. What was next to Beau's body?
3. When Ella tried to call the sheriff, what did Mat do?
4. Which animal did Janey say Miss Merle looked like?
5. What did Snookum want for a reward for running the errand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did all the men shoot their guns once?
2. Why did Gil look at Cal like he hated him?
3. Why did Cherry talk about the fields of cane? What are the fields of cane a symbol of for Cherry's people?
4. Why did Clatoo stop the truck before he got to Mathu's?
5. What was Johnny Paul talking about when he talked to Mapes about what he couldn't see?
6. What does Janey do when she hears the news of the murder?
7. What was the significance of Chimley's name?
8. Why did Mat and Chimley wait before they took action?
9. Why did Jacob feel bad about the death of his sister Tessie when he had nothing to do with her murder?
10. What are the Major and Miss Bea doing?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)