|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ella tried to call the sheriff, what did Mat do?
(a) He had Chimley talk to his wife.
(b) He left with Clatoo in the truck.
(c) He ripped the phone out of the wall.
(d) He threw a fish at Ella's head.
2. What did Clatoo do with the shoe box?
(a) He hid the shoe box in the field out back.
(b) He hid the shoe box behind the second block under the house.
(c) He hid the shoe box in the outhouse.
(d) He hid the shoe box in the kitchen.
3. What did Cherry Bello own?
(a) A plantation.
(b) A liquor - and - grocery store.
(c) A vegetable truck.
(d) A gas station.
4. What position did Gil play on the football team?
5. Who was the only man who didn't have a gun?
(c) Dirty Rd.
(d) The Reverend Jameson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had Miss Merle known Candy?
2. How did Clatoo know that Candy was lying?
3. Why did Glo hang on to Clatoo's hand a little longer?
4. Where does Janey say that Miss Bea and Major are?
5. Why was Gable's sixteen-year-old son put to death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the significance of Chimley's name?
2. What was the significance of empty number five shells?
3. Why did Mathu look down on some of the men who came to help him?
4. How did Gable describe the death of his sixteen-year-old son?
5. What are the Major and Miss Bea doing?
6. How can readers tell that Gram Mon is poor?
7. What did Gil's coach want to tell Gill?
8. Who were Salt and Pepper?
9. Why did Jacob feel bad about the death of his sister Tessie when he had nothing to do with her murder?
10. Why did Candy want more men and more shotguns at Mathu's house?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)