|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Billy miss when he shot at the rabbit?
(a) Billy heard a shot in the distance that scared him.
(b) Billy jumped because he thought it was a snake.
(c) Billy did not have good eyesight.
(d) Billy was known to be a very bad shot with a gun.
2. Why did people call Sully T.V.?
(a) He had a sixth-sense when something was about to happen.
(b) He watched T.V. only at night.
(c) He was a T.V. nut.
(d) He liked the Twilight Zone T.V. show.
3. Why doesn't Janey tell Miss Bea about the murder?
(a) Miss Bea hated Beau.
(b) Miss Bea is still asleep and Janey doesn't want to wake her.
(c) She thinks it would be like "talking to a wall."
(d) Because Miss Bea in drunk on the porch swing.
4. What war did Coot fight in?
5. Why did Mat decide to go to Mathu's?
(a) Mat didn't have anywhere else to go.
(b) Mat thought it was better than going home.
(c) Mat thought it would be a good place to hide.
(d) Mat thought it was his last chance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Snookum want for a reward for running the errand?
2. Where does Lou Dimes work?
3. What color is Clabber's skin?
4. How many miles did Lou drive from Baron rouge to Marshall?
5. Where did Coot's all-colored regiment train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the significance of empty number five shells?
2. Who were Salt and Pepper?
3. How did each man claim responsibility for the murder of Beau?
4. Why did Mat and Chimley wait before they took action?
5. What was the goal of Reverend Jameson?
6. What are the Major and Miss Bea doing?
7. What did Gil's coach want to tell Gill?
8. Who was Tucker's brother and what was the battle that brought man against machine?
9. How do readers know the year this story is taking place?
10. What is the significance of Mat's full name?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)