|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Candy's parents die?
(a) Of natural causes.
(b) In a car wreck.
(c) They were murdered.
(d) In an airplane crash.
2. Why hadn't Cherry shot his gun?
(a) He wanted to shoot it at the graveyard.
(b) He thought he might see a good rabbit.
(c) He wanted to shoot with the other men.
(d) He was afraid the gun was too old and might not work.
3. What did Mapes have in his mouth most of the time?
(a) A Life Saver candy.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A toothpick.
4. Why did people call Sully T.V.?
(a) He was a T.V. nut.
(b) He had a sixth-sense when something was about to happen.
(c) He watched T.V. only at night.
(d) He liked the Twilight Zone T.V. show.
5. How did Mapes, the sheriff, prove that Uncle Billy could not have shot Beau?
(a) Mapes told Uncle Billy to shoot Mathu.
(b) Mapes asked Uncle Billy to aim at one of the bean poles and shoot.
(c) Mapes looked at Uncle Billy's gun.
(d) Mapes noticed how thick Uncle Billy's glasses were.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Aunt Glo?
2. Why was Clatoo dressed in a nice shirt and bow tie?
3. Which animal did Janey say Miss Merle looked like?
4. Where does Janey live?
5. What did Candy ask Snookum to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the goal of Reverend Jameson?
2. Why did Mapes hit the men and what did it mean? When everybody lined up to be hit by Mapes, what happened?
3. What did Gil's coach want to tell Gill?
4. What had happened on the river that narrowed the fishing area for Chimley and Mat?
5. Who was Tucker's brother and what was the battle that brought man against machine?
6. Why did Candy want more men and more shotguns at Mathu's house?
7. Why did Mat and Chimley wait before they took action?
8. What was the significance of the argument between Mat and his wife?
9. What was happening to the black graveyards?
10. What is the significance of Mat's full name?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)