|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Sully play on the LSU football team?
(b) 3rd string quarterback.
2. When Miss Merle arrives at Mathu's house, what is the first thing that happens?
(a) Candy confesses to the murder.
(b) Snookum finally gets something to eat.
(c) Mathu fires at the car.
(d) Lou Dimes confesses to the murder.
3. Why did Cherry not like the sight of an empty cane field?
(a) It made him feel lonely.
(b) It reminded him of how the tractors plowed the fields and hurt the land.
(c) He preferred the site of a cane field about to be plowed.
(d) He was sad that there was no work left for the year.
4. Why did Mat feel good about what they were doing?
(a) He wanted to go to jail to get away from his wife.
(b) He felt they were finally taking a stand and doing something different.
(c) He felt he was getting old and he wanted to shoot a gun again.
(d) He hadn't worked hard in a long time.
5. Who is Aunt Glo?
(b) Gram Mon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Miss Merle is talking about "Jack" who is she referring to?
2. What kinds of flowers did Jack Toussaint grow?
3. How did Candy's parents die?
4. Why was the coroner afraid to get out of his car?
5. Why did the two men continue to fish after they heard about the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Tucker's brother and what was the battle that brought man against machine?
2. What was happening to the black graveyards?
3. Why did Mathu look down on some of the men who came to help him?
4. Who were Salt and Pepper?
5. What is the significance of Janey scolding Snookum to call Candy "Miss Candy" and Lou "Mr. Lou?"
6. Why did Mapes hit the men and what did it mean? When everybody lined up to be hit by Mapes, what happened?
7. Why did all the men shoot their guns once?
8. What are the Major and Miss Bea doing?
9. What was the significance of the argument between Mat and his wife?
10. What was the significance of Chimley's name?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)