|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mapes asked his deputy to call someone back in town. Who?
(a) Call for backup.
(c) Miss Bea and the Major.
(d) Russell and Herman.
2. When Ella tried to call the sheriff, what did Mat do?
(a) He had Chimley talk to his wife.
(b) He threw a fish at Ella's head.
(c) He ripped the phone out of the wall.
(d) He left with Clatoo in the truck.
3. Why did Clatoo let the men out of the truck before they arrived at Mathu's?
(a) Clatoo thought those men should walk.
(b) Clatoo wanted to go pick up more supplies.
(c) They were out of room in the truck.
(d) Clatoo wanted to pick up more men and all walk to Mathu's together,
4. Who narrates this chapter?
(d) Lou Dimes.
5. What was next to Beau's body?
(a) Reverend Jameson
(b) A tractor that was still running.
(c) Mathu's shotgun.
(d) Sugar cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the coroner afraid to get out of his car?
2. Who is Snookum's grandmother?
3. Where does Lou Dimes work?
4. What was the women's reaction to Mapes slapping Uncle Billy and Gable?
5. What happened when Mat returned home with his fish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Candy want more men and more shotguns at Mathu's house?
2. Why did Chimley not mind if black people called him by his nickhame, but hated it when white people used his nickname?
3. What color was the dress Corrine wore and the color of the bedspread used to cover the body? Why is this important?
4. What did it mean when they saw dust on the road? What was this a symbol of?
5. Why did Mapes respect Mathu?
6. Who is Janey and who does she work for?
7. Who were Salt and Pepper?
8. What does Janey do when she hears the news of the murder?
9. What was the significance of empty number five shells?
10. What was the significance of the argument between Mat and his wife?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)