|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did each old black man do and say?
(a) Each man confessed to the murder.
(b) Each man introduced himself to Mathu.
(c) Each man fired his gun a second time.
(d) Each man slapped Mathu.
2. Who was Tessie?
(a) Jacob's sister.
(b) A white woman who claimed she was raped by Jacob.
(c) Chimley's wife.
(d) Jacob's mother.
3. What days did Mat and Chimley fish on the river?
(a) Mondays and Wednesdays.
(b) Saturdays only.
(c) Tuesdays and Thursdays.
(d) Sundays after church.
4. Where does Janey say that Miss Bea and Major are?
(a) In the house trying to sleep.
(b) Drinking on the porch.
(c) Out back in the field collecting pecans.
(d) Eating in the kitchen.
5. What did Candy ask Corrine to get from inside the house?
(a) Some food and drink.
(b) Something to cover the body.
(c) People hiding in the house.
(d) More guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mapes know Mathu?
2. What does Snookum see at Mathu's house?
3. What time is it when Miss Merle spots the Major asleep in the swing?
4. Where does Janey tell Miss Merle that Beau was killed?
5. Why did Cherry not like the sight of an empty cane field?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)