|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her visit to Jo in Chapter 16, what does Kira do once she is back in her own bed?
2. What comment does Jo have in Chapter 16 about the songs she sings?
3. What claim does Thomas make about his and Kira's parents in Chapter 13?
4. What does the storm keep Kira from doing in Chapter 12?
5. Where does Kira want Thomas to accompany her in Chapter 15?
Essay Topic 1
What value is placed on human life in Kira's society? How does the attitude prevalent towards the value of life affect education, employment, family life, and the development of society? How might this attitude affect the future survival of Kira's people?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Edifice and the Council of Guardians. What does the Edifice symbolize? What is the likely history behind the Edifice? What is the purpose of the Council of Guardians? How do the Guardians use the Edifice to control the population?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Kira's special embroidered scrap of cloth and Thomas' special piece of carved wood. When are these items created and what value do they hold for their owners? What emotional or spiritual link do they provide? What might these objects symbolize?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)