|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison expect Kira to tell everyone with her needle and thread?
2. What does Jamison tell Kira in Chapter 14?
3. Where does Kira's friend Marlena work?
4. What does Thomas recall from his childhood in the Edifice?
5. In Chapter 12, what thread does Kira wish she had?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the cycles evident in the novel. Is the purpose of the Singer's robe to predict cycles, prevent cycles, or break cycles, and why? If the robe, staff, and Ruin Song are unable to break the cycle that destroys societies, what will?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the significance of the Singer's robe. What does it symbolize for Kira's people? By the end of the novel, what does it symbolize to Kira? How can the robe be used to alter the future of Kira's village?
Essay Topic 3
Are the residents of the Edifice prisoners? How can an individual be imprisoned without bars or chains? What is the metallic sound Kira hears during the Gathering ceremony? How does her recognition of the sound affect her attitude towards the Guardians?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)