Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kira want Thomas to accompany her in Chapter 15?
2. How did Kira's father manage to escape the Field of Leaving?
3. How is Jo supposed to contact Thomas if she needs help?
4. Which character once attempted to kill Christopher?
5. What revelation does Matt have about the beasts in the woods?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the contrasts evident among the different levels of society present in the book. How does a character's area of residence affect his or her ability to survive? How does a character's area of residence affect the power or control he or she has over others? How does Kira's change of residence affect her character development? How does Matt's ability to access the Edifice affect his character development?
Essay Topic 2
Which character symbolizes hope in the novel, and why? How is this character used by the guardians? What does Kira plan to do for this character in the future? How is Kira a guardian of hope for her people?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the forms of communication that have replaced writing in Kira's society. How have these forms of communication altered the education, history, and government of Kira's people? How will their continued use affect the future of Kira's people?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)