|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kira want Thomas to accompany her in Chapter 15?
2. How did Kira's father manage to escape the Field of Leaving?
3. How is Jo supposed to contact Thomas if she needs help?
4. Which character once attempted to kill Christopher?
5. What revelation does Matt have about the beasts in the woods?
Essay Topic 1
What is the general purpose of the destruction of Kira's cott? What other motive or purpose might the villagers have had for destroying Kira's property? What does the destruction of her cott symbolize to Kira? How will it affect her future?
Essay Topic 2
How does Kira's disability affect her status in society? What strength will she need to develop in order to survive in her village? What talents does Kira have and how can she use them for survival?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the forms of communication that have replaced writing in Kira's society. How have these forms of communication altered the education, history, and government of Kira's people? How will their continued use affect the future of Kira's people?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)