Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kira want Thomas to accompany her in Chapter 15?
2. How did Kira's father manage to escape the Field of Leaving?
3. How is Jo supposed to contact Thomas if she needs help?
4. Which character once attempted to kill Christopher?
5. What revelation does Matt have about the beasts in the woods?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the cycles evident in the novel. Is the purpose of the Singer's robe to predict cycles, prevent cycles, or break cycles, and why? If the robe, staff, and Ruin Song are unable to break the cycle that destroys societies, what will?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the contrasts evident among the different levels of society present in the book. How does a character's area of residence affect his or her ability to survive? How does a character's area of residence affect the power or control he or she has over others? How does Kira's change of residence affect her character development? How does Matt's ability to access the Edifice affect his character development?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the color blue in the novel. Why is Kira searching for blue? Who has access to the plants that create blue dye? What does the color blue symbolize in the novel? How will its discovery affect Kira's character and her people?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)