|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While learning the plants used to create cloth dyes, what has Kira also been learning?
2. Who walks through a storm to visit Kira?
3. Where does Kira's friend Marlena work?
4. Who does Matt see in the Field of Leaving in Chapter 14?
5. How is Jo supposed to contact Thomas if she needs help?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the village Matt encountered on his journey to find "blue".
2. Describe Thomas, Kira, and Matt's exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice.
3. How does Kira react when Jamison refuses to allow her to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
4. Describe the Fen.
5. What does Kira find suspicious about Jo's situation, and why?
6. Describe Kira and Thomas' visit to Jo in Chapter 16.
7. How do the villagers and Matt's family react to his absence?
8. What is suspicious about Annabella's death?
9. Who is the blind man and what is his significance in the story?
10. How does Kira spend her rainy day in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the significance of the Ruin Song. What does it symbolize for Kira's people? How has it been altered though the years? What effect does this alteration have on Kira's people? After the Gathering, what does the Ruin Song symbolize to Kira?
Essay Topic 2
Are the residents of the Edifice prisoners? How can an individual be imprisoned without bars or chains? What is the metallic sound Kira hears during the Gathering ceremony? How does her recognition of the sound affect her attitude towards the Guardians?
Essay Topic 3
What is the general purpose of the destruction of Kira's cott? What other motive or purpose might the villagers have had for destroying Kira's property? What does the destruction of her cott symbolize to Kira? How will it affect her future?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)