Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what service does Jamison provide Kira?
2. What does Annabella give Kira to help her calm down in Chapter 11?
3. What crime has Vandara been accused of in the past?
4. What does Jamison do while Vandara is presenting her accusation?
5. What does Annabella give Kira as a parting gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kira prepare for her trial in Chapter 3?
2. How does Matt attempt to help Kira during the trial?
3. How have the words of the Ruin song been distorted over time?
4. Describe what is known about the character Annabella by the end of Chapter 8.
5. What is the role of the tenders?
6. How is Matt's relationship with Branch similar to his friendship with Kira?
7. What accusations does Vandara bring against Kira before the Council of Guardians?
8. Describe the village Matt encountered on his journey to find "blue".
9. Describe Kira's home after she returns from the Field of Leaving.
10. What defense does Jamison give in Kira's trial?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of women in the novel. Compare and contrast the roles of men and women in Kira's society. What limits are placed on women? How does being a woman affect Kira's character development?
Essay Topic 2
Are the residents of the Edifice prisoners? How can an individual be imprisoned without bars or chains? What is the metallic sound Kira hears during the Gathering ceremony? How does her recognition of the sound affect her attitude towards the Guardians?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the forms of communication that have replaced writing in Kira's society. How have these forms of communication altered the education, history, and government of Kira's people? How will their continued use affect the future of Kira's people?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)