|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which council member saw Kira's father die?
2. What does Matt attempt to take from Kira in Chapter 10?
3. Who accompanies Kira to Annabella's house in Chapter 8?
4. What comforts Kira's aching fingers one evening in Chapter 9?
5. What other object of her mother's does Kira find in Matt's bundle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kira react to the indoor plumbing in her room?
2. Describe the confrontation between Vandara and Kira in Chapter 2.
3. How does Kira react to Matt's decision to join the hunt?
4. What accusations does Vandara bring against Kira before the Council of Guardians?
5. How does Kira prepare for her trial in Chapter 3?
6. What comforts Kira on her first night away from home?
7. What does Matt manage to save from Kira's cott before it is burned?
8. Describe Kira's scrap of cloth. Why does she keep it near her?
9. How is Matt's relationship with Branch similar to his friendship with Kira?
10. Why does Jamison bring out the Singer's robe and question Kira about her embroidery skills?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the significance of the Ruin Song. What does it symbolize for Kira's people? How has it been altered though the years? What effect does this alteration have on Kira's people? After the Gathering, what does the Ruin Song symbolize to Kira?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Kira's special embroidered scrap of cloth and Thomas' special piece of carved wood. When are these items created and what value do they hold for their owners? What emotional or spiritual link do they provide? What might these objects symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
What are the physical, social, emotional, and spiritual affects the deaths of Kira's parents have on her character? How does Kira's need to physically survive outweigh her emotional needs?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)