Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is worn during the singing of the Ruin Song?
2. What does Matt offer to do for Kira in Chapter 6?
3. Who are the tenders?
4. Why does Kira decide to visit Annabella?
5. What claim does Annabella make in Chapter 11 that shocks Kira?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kira react to Matt's decision to join the hunt?
2. What wisdom is apparent in the Council's decision in Chapter 5?
3. How does Kira react when Jamison refuses to allow her to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
4. Describe the village Matt encountered on his journey to find "blue".
5. What does Matt manage to save from Kira's cott before it is burned?
6. Since Kira, as a woman, is forbidden to learn to read or write, how does she study Annabella's lessons?
7. Describe what is known about the character Jo by the end of Chapter 13.
8. What does Thomas claim to have heard in Chapter 12 and how do the children react to his claim?
9. What are Kira's plans now that both her parents are dead?
10. Describe Kira's home after she returns from the Field of Leaving.
Are the residents of the Edifice prisoners? How can an individual be imprisoned without bars or chains? What is the metallic sound Kira hears during the Gathering ceremony? How does her recognition of the sound affect her attitude towards the Guardians?
Describe the cycles evident in the novel. Is the purpose of the Singer's robe to predict cycles, prevent cycles, or break cycles, and why? If the robe, staff, and Ruin Song are unable to break the cycle that destroys societies, what will?
Describe the significance of the Ruin Song. What does it symbolize for Kira's people? How has it been altered though the years? What effect does this alteration have on Kira's people? After the Gathering, what does the Ruin Song symbolize to Kira?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)