Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what service does Jamison provide Kira?
2. What does Annabella give Kira to help her calm down in Chapter 11?
3. What crime has Vandara been accused of in the past?
4. What does Jamison do while Vandara is presenting her accusation?
5. What does Annabella give Kira as a parting gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kira prepare for her trial in Chapter 3?
2. How does Matt attempt to help Kira during the trial?
3. How have the words of the Ruin song been distorted over time?
4. Describe what is known about the character Annabella by the end of Chapter 8.
5. What is the role of the tenders?
6. How is Matt's relationship with Branch similar to his friendship with Kira?
7. What accusations does Vandara bring against Kira before the Council of Guardians?
8. Describe the village Matt encountered on his journey to find "blue".
9. Describe Kira's home after she returns from the Field of Leaving.
10. What defense does Jamison give in Kira's trial?
How is literacy linked to power in the novel? What are the Guardians attempting to control by keeping more than half the population illiterate? How will Kira's ability to read affect her character? How might it affect all women in her society?
What are the physical, social, emotional, and spiritual affects the deaths of Kira's parents have on her character? How does Kira's need to physically survive outweigh her emotional needs?
Which character symbolizes hope in the novel, and why? How is this character used by the guardians? What does Kira plan to do for this character in the future? How is Kira a guardian of hope for her people?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)