|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being constructed for Kira at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) A place to instruct the girls of the village.
(b) A new cott.
(c) A weaver's shed.
(d) A place to grow and process the plants used in dye making.
2. How does Matt's mother react to her son's absence?
(a) She is mourning the loss of her son.
(b) She didn't know he was missing.
(c) She begs Thomas to find Matt.
(d) She is glad he is gone.
3. How does Thomas open the locks in the Edifice?
(a) With a stolen key.
(b) By unscrewing the lock faces.
(c) With a key he carved.
(d) With a metal stick.
4. After her visit to Jo in Chapter 16, what does Kira do once she is back in her own bed?
(a) Reads a book of history.
(b) Plans their escape.
5. What does the storm keep Kira from doing in Chapter 12?
(b) Traveling to Annabella's house.
(c) Boiling dyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Kira's father manage to escape the Field of Leaving?
2. What area do Kira and Thomas pass as they look for Matt in Chapter 17?
3. What frightens Kira as the Ruin song resumes after lunch?
4. Which character once attempted to kill Christopher?
5. What has been brought to the Edifice from Annabella's cott?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jamison's role in the attack on Christopher?
2. Describe Kira and Thomas' visit to Jo in Chapter 16.
3. Why does Kira cry after returning from Jo's room at the end of Chapter 16?
4. How does Thomas demonstrate his mischievous side and surprise Kira in Chapter 15?
5. Describe the village Matt encountered on his journey to find "blue".
6. Describe what is known about the character Jo by the end of Chapter 13.
7. How do the villagers and Matt's family react to his absence?
8. Describe Thomas, Kira, and Matt's exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice.
9. How does Kira spend her rainy day in Chapter 12?
10. What does Matt's journey through the woods reveal?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)