|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Matt describe the people he met on his journey?
(a) Broken, but quiet and nice.
(b) Joyful and strong.
(c) Tall and powerful.
(d) Dark and mysterious.
2. How is Jo supposed to contact Thomas if she needs help?
(a) Hit the bathroom pipes with a hairbrush.
(b) Knock on her ceiling with a hairbrush.
(c) Knock on the bathroom floor with a hairbrush.
(d) Sing a special song through the pipes.
3. What infirmity does the stranger waiting in Kira's room after the singing of the Ruin song have?
(a) A mauled face.
(b) A crippled leg.
4. In Chapter 12, what sound has Thomas heard at night?
(a) An eerie singing.
(b) An electronic humming.
(c) A metallic scraping.
(d) A crying child.
5. What area do Kira and Thomas pass as they look for Matt in Chapter 17?
(a) Kira's old cott.
(b) The Field of Leaving.
(c) The potter's shed.
(d) The weaver's shed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christopher ask Kira to go?
2. Who/what does Kira ask about Matt's location?
3. What does the storm keep Kira from doing in Chapter 12?
4. What title is Kira given during the Ruin song ceremony?
5. What is Matt's "big" gift for Kira in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Ruin song and the Singer's robe reveal about the history of Kira's world?
2. How does Thomas demonstrate his mischievous side and surprise Kira in Chapter 15?
3. How are Kira, Thomas, and Jo treated during the Gathering ceremony?
4. What does Matt's journey through the woods reveal?
5. What is Kira to do on the blank section of the Singer's robe, and how does she react to her new task?
6. Describe what is known about the character Jo by the end of Chapter 13.
7. What is suspicious about Annabella's death?
8. What is Jamison's role in the attack on Christopher?
9. Describe Thomas, Kira, and Matt's exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice.
10. Describe the village Matt encountered on his journey to find "blue".
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)