|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Kira and her friends hear a child doing while on the lower floor of the Edifice in Chapter 13?
2. How does Matt describe the people he met on his journey?
(a) Dark and mysterious.
(b) Broken, but quiet and nice.
(c) Tall and powerful.
(d) Joyful and strong.
3. Why isn't Kira allowed to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
(a) Jamison tells her she will be tainted for the ceremony.
(b) She cannot travel outside the Edifice until after the Ruin Song.
(c) Jamison tells her she doesn't have time to spare.
(d) Matt is already in the Field watching over Annabella.
4. What does Kira give Jo as she tucks her into bed in Chapter 16?
(a) An embroidered cloth doll.
(b) A hug.
(c) Her embroidered scrap of cloth.
(d) A kiss.
5. Who/what does Kira ask about Matt's location?
(b) The embroidered scrap of cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas finish in Chapter 18?
2. How will Kira know what to embroider on the blank patch of cloth?
3. What claim does Thomas make about his and Kira's parents in Chapter 13?
4. How does the Ruin song begin?
5. In Chapter 16, what is Jo doing in her room when Thomas and Kira find her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the words of the Ruin song been distorted over time?
2. What is Kira to do on the blank section of the Singer's robe, and how does she react to her new task?
3. Why does Kira cry after returning from Jo's room at the end of Chapter 16?
4. Why is Kira's father still alive?
5. How are Kira, Thomas, and Jo treated during the Gathering ceremony?
6. What do the Ruin song and the Singer's robe reveal about the history of Kira's world?
7. Describe Thomas, Kira, and Matt's exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice.
8. Describe the village Matt encountered on his journey to find "blue".
9. What is suspicious about Annabella's death?
10. What does the Gathering ceremony resemble?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)