|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kira do while she waits for the storm in Chapter 12 to pass?
(a) Explores the Edifice with her friends.
(b) Embroiders her mother's dress.
(d) Cleans the bathroom.
2. What revelation does Matt have about the beasts in the woods?
(a) They do not exist.
(b) They fear light.
(c) They are tame.
(d) He has the power to control them.
3. What valuable skill does Kira believe Matt possesses?
(a) The ability to grow blue flowers.
(b) The ability to make people laugh.
(c) The ability to prophesy.
(d) The ability to make blue dye.
4. While learning the plants used to create cloth dyes, what has Kira also been learning?
(a) How to read.
(b) How to sing.
(c) How to tell the future.
(d) How to carve.
5. Who visits Kira in her room after she returns from her exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christopher ask Kira to go?
2. What is unusual about Christopher's village?
3. Why isn't Kira allowed to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
4. What does Jamison tell Kira in Chapter 14?
5. What comment does Jo have in Chapter 16 about the songs she sings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kira react when Jamison refuses to allow her to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
2. How are Kira, Thomas, and Jo treated during the Gathering ceremony?
3. Who is the blind man and what is his significance in the story?
4. Why does Kira cry after returning from Jo's room at the end of Chapter 16?
5. What does Matt's journey through the woods reveal?
6. What do the Ruin song and the Singer's robe reveal about the history of Kira's world?
7. What does the Gathering ceremony resemble?
8. What is suspicious about Annabella's death?
9. What does Thomas claim to have heard in Chapter 12 and how do the children react to his claim?
10. How have the words of the Ruin song been distorted over time?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)