|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 13, whose voice do Kira and her friends hear speaking harshly in the lower floor of the Edifice?
(a) An unknown man's voice.
(b) Jamison's voice.
(c) Annabella's voice.
(d) Christopher's voice.
2. What title is Thomas given during the Ruin song ceremony?
(a) The Keeper of the Staff.
(b) The Designer of the people.
(c) The Carver of the future.
(d) The Designer of the future.
3. What does Jamison recite for Kira in Chapter 18?
(a) Passages from the Ruin song.
(b) The rules of the Edifice.
(c) Poems from before the Ruin.
(d) The song of the Great Hunt.
4. Which character once attempted to kill Christopher?
(a) Kira's father.
5. What valuable skill does Kira believe Matt possesses?
(a) The ability to make people laugh.
(b) The ability to prophesy.
(c) The ability to make blue dye.
(d) The ability to grow blue flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being constructed for Kira at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. Who visits Kira in her room after she returns from her exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice?
3. In Chapter 16, what is Jo doing in her room when Thomas and Kira find her?
4. What title is Kira given during the Ruin song ceremony?
5. Who/what does Kira ask about Matt's location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matt's journey through the woods reveal?
2. How does Thomas demonstrate his mischievous side and surprise Kira in Chapter 15?
3. What does the Gathering ceremony resemble?
4. What does Thomas claim to have heard in Chapter 12 and how do the children react to his claim?
5. What does Kira find suspicious about Jo's situation, and why?
6. Describe what is known about the character Jo by the end of Chapter 13.
7. What do the Ruin song and the Singer's robe reveal about the history of Kira's world?
8. How does Kira react when Jamison refuses to allow her to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
9. What is Jamison's role in the attack on Christopher?
10. Describe Thomas, Kira, and Matt's exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice.
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)