|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What claim does Thomas make about his and Kira's parents in Chapter 13?
(a) They may still be alive.
(b) They were the only good people in the world.
(c) They abandoned their children on purpose.
(d) Their deaths may be suspicious.
2. What frightens Kira as the Ruin song resumes after lunch?
(a) She recognizes the source of the mysterious sound.
(b) She sees Annabella in the crowd.
(c) Thomas disappears.
(d) Matt disappears.
3. What is the atmosphere in the Council Edifice as people gather for the singing of the Ruin song?
(a) Raucous and rowdy.
(b) Solemn and respectful.
(c) Filled with wailing and sadness.
(d) Joyous and noisy.
4. What infirmity does the stranger waiting in Kira's room after the singing of the Ruin song have?
(a) A crippled leg.
(c) A mauled face.
5. Where do Kira and Thomas go in Chapter 17?
(a) To the dungeons of the Edifice.
(b) To Annabella's cott.
(c) To the Fen.
(d) To the next village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Kira and her friends hear a child doing while on the lower floor of the Edifice in Chapter 13?
2. How does the stranger in Chapter 21 find Kira's village?
3. What does Kira give Jo as she tucks her into bed in Chapter 16?
4. While learning the plants used to create cloth dyes, what has Kira also been learning?
5. Who does Kira speak to through a door keyhole?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the village Matt encountered on his journey to find "blue".
2. Describe what is known about the character Jo by the end of Chapter 13.
3. How does Thomas demonstrate his mischievous side and surprise Kira in Chapter 15?
4. Describe Kira and Thomas' visit to Jo in Chapter 16.
5. What is suspicious about Annabella's death?
6. What does the Gathering ceremony resemble?
7. Describe the Fen.
8. What does Thomas claim to have heard in Chapter 12 and how do the children react to his claim?
9. How are Kira, Thomas, and Jo treated during the Gathering ceremony?
10. How does Kira react when Jamison refuses to allow her to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)