|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been brought to the Edifice from Annabella's cott?
(b) All of Annabella's dyeing materials.
(c) Annabella's dog.
(d) Annabella's blue flowers.
2. Where does Kira want Thomas to accompany her in Chapter 15?
(a) To the next village.
(b) To Matt's cott.
(c) To Jo's room.
(d) To Annabella's cott.
3. How did Kira's father manage to escape the Field of Leaving?
(a) Jamison set him on a horse headed through the woods.
(b) He struggled to stand and walked to Annabella's cott.
(c) Annabella came and took him to her cott.
(d) Strangers came and took him away to a different village.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 17, how long has Matt been missing?
(a) A month.
(b) Nine days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
5. How does Matt's mother react to her son's absence?
(a) She begs Thomas to find Matt.
(b) She is glad he is gone.
(c) She is mourning the loss of her son.
(d) She didn't know he was missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What valuable skill does Kira believe Matt possesses?
2. What comment does Jo have in Chapter 16 about the songs she sings?
3. What gift does the stranger give to Kira in Chapter 21?
4. In Chapter 16, what is Jo doing in her room when Thomas and Kira find her?
5. What infirmity does the stranger waiting in Kira's room after the singing of the Ruin song have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Gathering ceremony resemble?
2. Describe what is known about the character Jo by the end of Chapter 13.
3. What do the Ruin song and the Singer's robe reveal about the history of Kira's world?
4. Why is Kira's father still alive?
5. Describe the village Matt encountered on his journey to find "blue".
6. What does Kira find suspicious about Jo's situation, and why?
7. Describe Thomas, Kira, and Matt's exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice.
8. Why does Kira cry after returning from Jo's room at the end of Chapter 16?
9. What does Matt's journey through the woods reveal?
10. Describe the Fen.
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)