|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the storm keep Kira from doing in Chapter 12?
(c) Traveling to Annabella's house.
(d) Boiling dyes.
2. What is Matt's "big" gift for Kira in Chapter 21?
(a) Her father, Christopher.
(b) A pot of blue dye.
(c) A bag of seeds.
3. According to Matt, where is Jo from?
(a) The next village.
(b) The Fen.
(c) From "far yonder."
(d) The mountains.
4. How does Thomas open the locks in the Edifice?
(a) By unscrewing the lock faces.
(b) With a key he carved.
(c) With a metal stick.
(d) With a stolen key.
5. While learning the plants used to create cloth dyes, what has Kira also been learning?
(a) How to read.
(b) How to sing.
(c) How to tell the future.
(d) How to carve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the atmosphere in the Council Edifice as people gather for the singing of the Ruin song?
2. Where are the parents of the child heard in Chapter 13?
3. What comment does Jo have in Chapter 16 about the songs she sings?
4. In Chapter 12, what thread does Kira wish she had?
5. Who accompanies Kira to her room after the Ruin song is over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kira and Thomas' visit to Jo in Chapter 16.
2. What does the Gathering ceremony resemble?
3. What do the Ruin song and the Singer's robe reveal about the history of Kira's world?
4. What does Matt's journey through the woods reveal?
5. Why is Kira's father still alive?
6. How does Kira spend her rainy day in Chapter 12?
7. How are Kira, Thomas, and Jo treated during the Gathering ceremony?
8. Why does Kira cry after returning from Jo's room at the end of Chapter 16?
9. What is Kira to do on the blank section of the Singer's robe, and how does she react to her new task?
10. How have the words of the Ruin song been distorted over time?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)