|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kira give Jo as she tucks her into bed in Chapter 16?
(a) Her embroidered scrap of cloth.
(b) A kiss.
(c) An embroidered cloth doll.
(d) A hug.
2. What title is Thomas given during the Ruin song ceremony?
(a) The Designer of the people.
(b) The Carver of the future.
(c) The Keeper of the Staff.
(d) The Designer of the future.
3. Why isn't Kira allowed to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
(a) Jamison tells her she will be tainted for the ceremony.
(b) She cannot travel outside the Edifice until after the Ruin Song.
(c) Matt is already in the Field watching over Annabella.
(d) Jamison tells her she doesn't have time to spare.
4. What comment does Jo have in Chapter 16 about the songs she sings?
(a) She does not enjoy singing the songs the Guardians teach her.
(b) She doesn't learn songs, she just "knows" them.
(c) Her songs are sung to her by a bluebird.
(d) She loves to sing for Jamison.
5. What infirmity does the stranger waiting in Kira's room after the singing of the Ruin song have?
(a) A crippled leg.
(b) A mauled face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being constructed for Kira at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 13, whose voice do Kira and her friends hear speaking harshly in the lower floor of the Edifice?
3. What title is Kira given during the Ruin song ceremony?
4. What is the atmosphere in the Council Edifice as people gather for the singing of the Ruin song?
5. What is unusual about Christopher's village?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)