|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the stranger give to Kira in Chapter 21?
(a) A pot of blue dye.
(b) A bag of seeds.
(c) The Book of History.
(d) The plants to make blue dye.
2. What does Thomas recall from his childhood in the Edifice?
(a) He was taught to read by a blind man.
(b) He was taught to carve wood by a blind man.
(c) He never went outside the Edifice.
(d) He was locked in his room when he was a little boy.
3. Which character arrives late for the singing of the Ruin song?
4. What has been brought to the Edifice from Annabella's cott?
(a) Annabella's dog.
(b) Annabella's blue flowers.
(d) All of Annabella's dyeing materials.
5. What does Thomas finish in Chapter 18?
(a) Kira's new cott.
(b) The repairs to the Singer's staff.
(c) The repairs to the Singer's book.
(d) Exploring the Edifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what is Jo doing in her room when Thomas and Kira find her?
2. How does the stranger in Chapter 21 find Kira's village?
3. How does Thomas open the locks in the Edifice?
4. What does Jamison expect Kira to tell everyone with her needle and thread?
5. What does Kira do while she waits for the storm in Chapter 12 to pass?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kira cry after returning from Jo's room at the end of Chapter 16?
2. What do the Ruin song and the Singer's robe reveal about the history of Kira's world?
3. How does Thomas demonstrate his mischievous side and surprise Kira in Chapter 15?
4. What is Jamison's role in the attack on Christopher?
5. How does Kira react when Jamison refuses to allow her to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
6. Describe Thomas, Kira, and Matt's exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice.
7. Describe the Fen.
8. What does the Gathering ceremony resemble?
9. Describe Kira and Thomas' visit to Jo in Chapter 16.
10. What is Kira to do on the blank section of the Singer's robe, and how does she react to her new task?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)