|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her visit to Jo in Chapter 16, what does Kira do once she is back in her own bed?
(b) Plans their escape.
(c) Reads a book of history.
2. What gift does the stranger give to Kira in Chapter 21?
(a) A pot of blue dye.
(b) A bag of seeds.
(c) The Book of History.
(d) The plants to make blue dye.
3. Which character once attempted to kill Christopher?
(a) Kira's father.
4. How does the Ruin song begin?
(a) "In the beginning."
(b) "Listen, all ye people."
(c) "As we all gather."
(d) "Here in this place."
5. Who walks through a storm to visit Kira?
(b) Matt and Branch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been brought to the Edifice from Annabella's cott?
2. Why isn't Kira allowed to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
3. What is being constructed for Kira at the beginning of Chapter 15?
4. What area do Kira and Thomas pass as they look for Matt in Chapter 17?
5. Where does Kira want Thomas to accompany her in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kira spend her rainy day in Chapter 12?
2. Describe what is known about the character Jo by the end of Chapter 13.
3. What does Thomas claim to have heard in Chapter 12 and how do the children react to his claim?
4. How does Kira react when Jamison refuses to allow her to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
5. Describe Kira and Thomas' visit to Jo in Chapter 16.
6. How have the words of the Ruin song been distorted over time?
7. What is Kira to do on the blank section of the Singer's robe, and how does she react to her new task?
8. Describe Thomas, Kira, and Matt's exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice.
9. Describe the Fen.
10. What does the Gathering ceremony resemble?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)