|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison recite for Kira in Chapter 18?
(a) Poems from before the Ruin.
(b) The song of the Great Hunt.
(c) Passages from the Ruin song.
(d) The rules of the Edifice.
2. What "small" gift does Matt bring to Kira in Chapter 20?
(a) A bundle of white threads.
(b) A blue flower.
(c) A scrap of blue cloth.
(d) A bundle of blue threads.
3. What political office was Kira's father to be appointed to before his "death"?
(a) Keeper of the Staff.
(b) The Village Council.
(c) Keeper of the Song.
(d) The Council of Guardians.
4. What does Thomas recall from his childhood in the Edifice?
(a) He never went outside the Edifice.
(b) He was locked in his room when he was a little boy.
(c) He was taught to carve wood by a blind man.
(d) He was taught to read by a blind man.
5. How will Kira know what to embroider on the blank patch of cloth?
(a) She will dream her designs.
(b) Her fingers will know.
(c) Annabella will tell her what to embroider.
(d) The guardians will tell her what to embroider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title is Kira given during the Ruin song ceremony?
2. What gift does the stranger give to Kira in Chapter 21?
3. What infirmity does the stranger waiting in Kira's room after the singing of the Ruin song have?
4. Who accompanies Kira to her room after the Ruin song is over?
5. In Chapter 12, what thread does Kira wish she had?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the blind man and what is his significance in the story?
2. What is Jamison's role in the attack on Christopher?
3. Describe Thomas, Kira, and Matt's exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice.
4. How does Kira react when Jamison refuses to allow her to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
5. How have the words of the Ruin song been distorted over time?
6. How does Thomas demonstrate his mischievous side and surprise Kira in Chapter 15?
7. What is suspicious about Annabella's death?
8. Describe the Fen.
9. Why is Kira's father still alive?
10. What do the Ruin song and the Singer's robe reveal about the history of Kira's world?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)