|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas recall from his childhood in the Edifice?
(a) He was taught to read by a blind man.
(b) He never went outside the Edifice.
(c) He was locked in his room when he was a little boy.
(d) He was taught to carve wood by a blind man.
2. What does Jamison recite for Kira in Chapter 18?
(a) Passages from the Ruin song.
(b) The song of the Great Hunt.
(c) Poems from before the Ruin.
(d) The rules of the Edifice.
3. How is Jo supposed to contact Thomas if she needs help?
(a) Knock on her ceiling with a hairbrush.
(b) Sing a special song through the pipes.
(c) Hit the bathroom pipes with a hairbrush.
(d) Knock on the bathroom floor with a hairbrush.
4. Who walks through a storm to visit Kira?
(c) Matt and Branch.
5. Why isn't Kira allowed to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
(a) She cannot travel outside the Edifice until after the Ruin Song.
(b) Matt is already in the Field watching over Annabella.
(c) Jamison tells her she doesn't have time to spare.
(d) Jamison tells her she will be tainted for the ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Matt's brother, where has Matt gone?
2. What area do Kira and Thomas pass as they look for Matt in Chapter 17?
3. What gift does the stranger give to Kira in Chapter 21?
4. Where do Thomas and Kira sit during the singing of the Ruin song?
5. What has been brought to the Edifice from Annabella's cott?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kira cry after returning from Jo's room at the end of Chapter 16?
2. What is suspicious about Annabella's death?
3. Describe Kira and Thomas' visit to Jo in Chapter 16.
4. Describe Thomas, Kira, and Matt's exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice.
5. Describe the village Matt encountered on his journey to find "blue".
6. Describe the Fen.
7. What does Kira find suspicious about Jo's situation, and why?
8. Why is Kira's father still alive?
9. What is Jamison's role in the attack on Christopher?
10. What does the Gathering ceremony resemble?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)