|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While learning the plants used to create cloth dyes, what has Kira also been learning?
(a) How to tell the future.
(b) How to sing.
(c) How to read.
(d) How to carve.
2. In Chapter 12, what thread does Kira wish she had?
(a) Blue thread.
(b) Silk thread.
(c) White thread.
(d) Purple thread.
3. What comment does Marlena make about Jo?
(a) Her songs were not only beautiful, but prophetic.
(b) Jo's parents had too many children to keep.
(c) She is Jo's sister.
(d) She was born a prophet.
4. According to Matt's brother, where has Matt gone?
(a) Over yonder to the next village.
(b) On the great hunt.
(c) To find a gift of blue for Kira.
(d) To find Kira's father.
5. How did Kira's father end up in the Field of Leaving?
(a) He was mauled by a beast and left for dead in the Field.
(b) He was attacked and dragged forcibly to the Field.
(c) He woke up in the Field after falling during a hunt.
(d) He limped to the Field after being injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kira give Jo as she tucks her into bed in Chapter 16?
2. What unusual sound does Kira hear at the beginning of the Ruin song ceremony?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 17, how long has Matt been missing?
4. Which character once attempted to kill Christopher?
5. What does Thomas recall from his childhood in the Edifice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matt's journey through the woods reveal?
2. What is Kira to do on the blank section of the Singer's robe, and how does she react to her new task?
3. Describe Thomas, Kira, and Matt's exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice.
4. What does Thomas claim to have heard in Chapter 12 and how do the children react to his claim?
5. Describe what is known about the character Jo by the end of Chapter 13.
6. What is Jamison's role in the attack on Christopher?
7. How are Kira, Thomas, and Jo treated during the Gathering ceremony?
8. Describe Kira and Thomas' visit to Jo in Chapter 16.
9. What do the Ruin song and the Singer's robe reveal about the history of Kira's world?
10. Why does Kira cry after returning from Jo's room at the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)