|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kira want Thomas to accompany her in Chapter 15?
(a) To Annabella's cott.
(b) To Matt's cott.
(c) To Jo's room.
(d) To the next village.
2. What claim does Thomas make about his and Kira's parents in Chapter 13?
(a) They abandoned their children on purpose.
(b) They may still be alive.
(c) They were the only good people in the world.
(d) Their deaths may be suspicious.
3. In Chapter 16, what is Jo doing in her room when Thomas and Kira find her?
(c) Staring out the window.
4. How does Matt's mother react to her son's absence?
(a) She didn't know he was missing.
(b) She is glad he is gone.
(c) She begs Thomas to find Matt.
(d) She is mourning the loss of her son.
5. What is the atmosphere in the Council Edifice as people gather for the singing of the Ruin song?
(a) Filled with wailing and sadness.
(b) Joyous and noisy.
(c) Solemn and respectful.
(d) Raucous and rowdy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the parents of the child heard in Chapter 13?
2. How does the Singer and the crowd end the Ruin song?
3. How does Thomas open the locks in the Edifice?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 13, whose voice do Kira and her friends hear speaking harshly in the lower floor of the Edifice?
5. What infirmity does the stranger waiting in Kira's room after the singing of the Ruin song have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the village Matt encountered on his journey to find "blue".
2. How do the villagers and Matt's family react to his absence?
3. How have the words of the Ruin song been distorted over time?
4. How does Kira react when Jamison refuses to allow her to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
5. What is Kira to do on the blank section of the Singer's robe, and how does she react to her new task?
6. What is Jamison's role in the attack on Christopher?
7. Describe Thomas, Kira, and Matt's exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice.
8. What is suspicious about Annabella's death?
9. What does Kira find suspicious about Jo's situation, and why?
10. How does Kira spend her rainy day in Chapter 12?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)