|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what is Jo doing in her room when Thomas and Kira find her?
(c) Staring out the window.
2. What infirmity does the stranger waiting in Kira's room after the singing of the Ruin song have?
(b) A crippled leg.
(c) A mauled face.
3. Who accompanies Kira to her room after the Ruin song is over?
(a) No one.
4. What gift does the stranger give to Kira in Chapter 21?
(a) The plants to make blue dye.
(b) A pot of blue dye.
(c) The Book of History.
(d) A bag of seeds.
5. Where are the parents of the child heard in Chapter 13?
(a) In the village.
(b) In the Fen.
(c) In the next village.
(d) Both are dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political office was Kira's father to be appointed to before his "death"?
2. In Chapter 12, what thread does Kira wish she had?
3. What does Kira do while she waits for the storm in Chapter 12 to pass?
4. How did Kira's father end up in the Field of Leaving?
5. What do Thomas and Kira bring with them as they visit Jo in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas claim to have heard in Chapter 12 and how do the children react to his claim?
2. Describe Kira and Thomas' visit to Jo in Chapter 16.
3. Describe the Fen.
4. Why is Kira's father still alive?
5. What is Jamison's role in the attack on Christopher?
6. How does Thomas demonstrate his mischievous side and surprise Kira in Chapter 15?
7. How does Kira spend her rainy day in Chapter 12?
8. How are Kira, Thomas, and Jo treated during the Gathering ceremony?
9. How do the villagers and Matt's family react to his absence?
10. Describe Thomas, Kira, and Matt's exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice.
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)