|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison recite for Kira in Chapter 18?
(a) The rules of the Edifice.
(b) Poems from before the Ruin.
(c) The song of the Great Hunt.
(d) Passages from the Ruin song.
2. According to Matt's brother, where has Matt gone?
(a) Over yonder to the next village.
(b) To find Kira's father.
(c) To find a gift of blue for Kira.
(d) On the great hunt.
3. Where does Christopher ask Kira to go?
(a) Back to his village to begin a new life.
(b) To the woods to find blue flowers.
(c) With him to the Council of Guardians.
(d) Down to the dungeon.
4. Who has Kira not seen during her stay in the Edifice?
(a) The cook.
(b) The Ruin Singer.
(d) The Master Guardian.
5. How does Matt describe the people he met on his journey?
(a) Joyful and strong.
(b) Dark and mysterious.
(c) Broken, but quiet and nice.
(d) Tall and powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Kira in her room after she returns from her exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice?
2. Where does Kira's friend Marlena work?
3. Who/what does Kira ask about Matt's location?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 13, whose voice do Kira and her friends hear speaking harshly in the lower floor of the Edifice?
5. What claim does Thomas make about his and Kira's parents in Chapter 13?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)