|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Ruin song begin?
(a) "Here in this place."
(b) "Listen, all ye people."
(c) "As we all gather."
(d) "In the beginning."
2. Who accompanies Kira to her room after the Ruin song is over?
(d) No one.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 17, how long has Matt been missing?
(a) Nine days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
4. How does Thomas open the locks in the Edifice?
(a) With a stolen key.
(b) With a metal stick.
(c) With a key he carved.
(d) By unscrewing the lock faces.
5. Who visits Kira in her room after she returns from her exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice?
Short Answer Questions
1. While learning the plants used to create cloth dyes, what has Kira also been learning?
2. What does Jamison recite for Kira in Chapter 18?
3. Which character arrives late for the singing of the Ruin song?
4. How will Kira know what to embroider on the blank patch of cloth?
5. What do Thomas and Kira bring with them as they visit Jo in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kira cry after returning from Jo's room at the end of Chapter 16?
2. How do the villagers and Matt's family react to his absence?
3. What does the Gathering ceremony resemble?
4. Describe the village Matt encountered on his journey to find "blue".
5. Describe what is known about the character Jo by the end of Chapter 13.
6. What does Kira find suspicious about Jo's situation, and why?
7. What is Kira to do on the blank section of the Singer's robe, and how does she react to her new task?
8. What do the Ruin song and the Singer's robe reveal about the history of Kira's world?
9. How does Thomas demonstrate his mischievous side and surprise Kira in Chapter 15?
10. Describe Kira and Thomas' visit to Jo in Chapter 16.
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)