|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is allowed to speak first before the Council of Guardians in Chapter 3?
2. What is the woman in the garden doing in Chapter 2?
(a) Stealing flowers.
(b) Digging potatoes.
(c) Hoeing weeds.
(d) Stealing carrots.
3. What color are the threads in Kira's worktable drawer?
(c) All colors, except blue.
4. What is the Ruin Song?
(a) The song sung by the men while they are on the Great Hunt.
(b) The oral history of Kira's people that is sung annually.
(c) The oral history of Kira's people that is sung every decade.
(d) A song sung during the weekly religious ceremony.
5. In Chapter 9, what does Kira recite as she works?
(a) Ceremonial chants Jamison taught her.
(b) Sections of the Ruin song.
(c) The names and uses of the plants Annabella taught her.
(d) The names of her ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison do while Vandara is presenting her accusation?
2. According to local law, who may be appointed to defend Kira?
3. Which council member saw Kira's father die?
4. What does Matt offer to do for Kira in Chapter 6?
5. Who gave the pendant to Kira's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Kira's plans now that both her parents are dead?
2. Why does Kira cry after returning from Jo's room at the end of Chapter 16?
3. How does Kira react to Matt's decision to join the hunt?
4. Describe what is known about the character Thomas by the end of Chapter 7.
5. Describe the village Matt encountered on his journey to find "blue".
6. What does Matt manage to save from Kira's cott before it is burned?
7. How does Kira react in Chapter 2to the destruction of her home?
8. Describe Kira's living quarters in the Edifice.
9. Why is Kira's father still alive?
10. What is the significance of the bar of soap in Chapter 10?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)