|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Matt's father?
(a) In the Fen.
(b) In prison.
(c) In the Field of Leaving.
(d) As far as Matt knows, he does not have a father.
2. What is worn during the singing of the Ruin Song?
(a) The singer's cloak.
(b) The singer's hat.
(c) The singer's robe.
(d) The singer's stole.
3. What warning does Matt give Kira in Chapter 1?
(a) Some of the villagers plan to raid her cott.
(b) The Council of Guardians will take her property.
(c) She should stay on the path in the woods.
(d) Some of the villagers plan to force her away from the village.
4. What does Annabella teach?
(a) The arts of cloth craft and dyeing.
(b) The art of weaving.
(c) Reading and writing.
(d) Ceremonial dance.
5. What is Kira's job in the Edifice?
(a) To knit the Ruin Singer a new stole.
(b) To repair and maintain the Singer's robe.
(c) To embroider the Singer's cloak.
(d) To repair the Singer's hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas give Matt and Branch in Chapter 10?
2. What are Matt and his friends doing while Kira is on trial?
3. Who cuts Vandara off midway through her accusation?
4. Why do Vandara and the other women think Kira is useless?
5. Which council member saw Kira's father die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what is known about the character Jamison by the end of Chapter 4.
2. How does Kira find the color she needs for her threads?
3. What comforts Kira on her first night away from home?
4. Describe what is known about the character Annabella by the end of Chapter 8.
5. What does Matt manage to save from Kira's cott before it is burned?
6. How does Kira react to the indoor plumbing in her room?
7. Describe Vandara.
8. How does Matt attempt to help Kira during the trial?
9. What is the role of the tenders?
10. Describe Kira's living quarters in the Edifice.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)