|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is worn during the singing of the Ruin Song?
(a) The singer's hat.
(b) The singer's cloak.
(c) The singer's stole.
(d) The singer's robe.
2. Who is Kira thinking of as she drifts off to sleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her future.
3. What does Kira plan to do in Chapter 1 once she returns to the home she shared with her mother?
(a) Pack her belongings and search for her father.
(b) Salvage anything not taken by the villagers.
(c) Salvage anything not destroyed by the fire and rebuild her home.
(d) Unpack her loom and begin weaving.
4. Why do Vandara and the other women think Kira is useless?
(a) Because Kira cannot cook.
(b) Because Kira is crippled.
(c) Because Kira is unmarried.
(d) Because Kira has no visible talents.
5. What about Jamison amazes Kira?
(a) His intense blue eyes.
(b) His speech.
(c) His ability to read.
(d) His ability to write.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt fear Kira might be while living in the Edifice?
2. What is the woman in the garden doing in Chapter 2?
3. Who does Kira confide in about her experience on the way to Annabella's house?
4. What reportedly caused Vandara's scar?
5. What does Annabella give Kira as a parting gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wisdom is apparent in the Council's decision in Chapter 5?
2. What are Kira's options for defense during the trial?
3. What is the role of the tenders?
4. How does Kira prepare for her trial in Chapter 3?
5. Describe Kira's experience with the beasts in Chapter 11.
6. How is Kira's embroidered scrap of cloth and Thomas' carved piece of wood similar?
7. What accusations does Vandara bring against Kira before the Council of Guardians?
8. What type of living conditions is Kira used to before she moves to the Edifice?
9. Describe what is known about the character Annabella by the end of Chapter 8.
10. Since Kira, as a woman, is forbidden to learn to read or write, how does she study Annabella's lessons?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)