|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of jewelry of does Kira find in Matt's bundle?
(a) Her mother's pendant.
(b) Her father's ring.
(c) Her baby bracelet.
(d) Her mother's bracelet.
2. What comforts Kira's aching fingers one evening in Chapter 9?
(a) Ointment from her mother's belongings.
(b) Rubbing them in wool.
(c) Her embroidered scrap of cloth.
(d) Warm water from the bath.
3. What about Jamison amazes Kira?
(a) His speech.
(b) His ability to write.
(c) His ability to read.
(d) His intense blue eyes.
4. What object comforts Thomas?
(a) A wooden toy carved by his father.
(b) The Singer's staff.
(c) The embroidered scrap of cloth.
(d) A bit of wood he carved as a child.
5. Where do the women of the village plan to take Kira?
(a) To the woods.
(b) Before the Council of Guardians.
(c) To the Field of Leaving.
(d) To the next village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which council member saw Kira's father die?
2. Where is Matt's father?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Kira in the Field of Leaving?
4. Who visits Kira after lunch on her first day in the Edifice?
5. Who is Kira thinking of as she drifts off to sleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kira find the color she needs for her threads?
2. What are Kira's options for defense during the trial?
3. What is the significance of the bar of soap in Chapter 10?
4. What comforts Kira on her first night away from home?
5. How does Kira react in Chapter 2to the destruction of her home?
6. Describe Kira's living quarters in the Edifice.
7. Describe Vandara.
8. What is the significance of names in Kira's society?
9. How does Kira react to the indoor plumbing in her room?
10. Since Kira, as a woman, is forbidden to learn to read or write, how does she study Annabella's lessons?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)