|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will the injured weaver's children probably be sent?
(a) To the Field of Leaving.
(b) To the Council of Guardians.
(c) To live with other women.
(d) To the next village.
2. What does Kira do when she is threatened by Vandara and the other women in Chapter 2?
(a) She runs and hides in Matt's cott.
(b) She claims her right to a hearing before the Council of Guardians.
(c) She hides in the Council Edifice.
(d) She fights back with a stone knife.
3. What about Jamison amazes Kira?
(a) His speech.
(b) His ability to write.
(c) His ability to read.
(d) His intense blue eyes.
4. What is brought to Kira's room on her first morning in the Edifice?
(a) Pots of dye.
(c) Work tools.
(d) Bolts of brightly colored cloth.
5. In Chapter 3, when does the messenger arrive for Kira?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At dusk.
(c) At noon.
(d) In the middle of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman in the garden doing in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 9, what does Kira recite as she works?
3. What does Kira discover is still intact in Chapter 2 when she returns home?
4. What color dye does Annabella not have?
5. What does Annabella teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization do Kira and Thomas come to about the beasts in Chapter 11?
2. Describe what is known about the character Thomas by the end of Chapter 7.
3. What defense does Jamison give in Kira's trial?
4. What comforts Kira on her first night away from home?
5. What warning does Matt give Kira in Chapter 1?
6. Since Kira, as a woman, is forbidden to learn to read or write, how does she study Annabella's lessons?
7. How does Kira react to Matt's decision to join the hunt?
8. What accusations does Vandara bring against Kira before the Council of Guardians?
9. What wisdom is apparent in the Council's decision in Chapter 5?
10. What type of living conditions is Kira used to before she moves to the Edifice?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)