|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vandara tell Kira in Chapter 2?
(a) Kira should run from the Council of Guardians.
(b) She will keep Kira as a daughter.
(c) She has claimed Kira's property.
(d) She should leave the weaver's shed.
2. What does Kira do when she is threatened by Vandara and the other women in Chapter 2?
(a) She runs and hides in Matt's cott.
(b) She claims her right to a hearing before the Council of Guardians.
(c) She fights back with a stone knife.
(d) She hides in the Council Edifice.
3. What warning does Jamison give Kira about traveling in the woods?
(a) Travel only during the day.
(b) Avoid the blue flowers.
(c) Stay on the path.
(d) Always travel with someone else.
4. What does Jamison question Kira about in Chapter 5?
(a) Her memories of her father.
(b) Her friend, Matt.
(c) Her knowledge of reading and writing.
(d) Her skills and the training she received from her mother.
5. What does Thomas give Matt and Branch in Chapter 10?
(a) A bath.
(b) A haircut.
(c) A spanking.
(d) A toy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of the villagers want to build on Kira's property?
2. How does Kira learn the rituals of ceremony that are expected before the Council of Guardians?
3. What claim does Annabella make in Chapter 11 that shocks Kira?
4. What color are the threads in Kira's worktable drawer?
5. Why does Kira decide to visit Annabella?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what is known about the character Annabella by the end of Chapter 8.
2. What is the role of the tenders?
3. Describe Kira's scrap of cloth. Why does she keep it near her?
4. What wisdom is apparent in the Council's decision in Chapter 5?
5. Why does Jamison bring out the Singer's robe and question Kira about her embroidery skills?
6. What comforts Kira on her first night away from home?
7. Describe the confrontation between Vandara and Kira in Chapter 2.
8. What accusations does Vandara bring against Kira before the Council of Guardians?
9. What defense does Jamison give in Kira's trial?
10. Since Kira, as a woman, is forbidden to learn to read or write, how does she study Annabella's lessons?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)