|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Vandara dressed as she presents herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is dirty and barefoot.
(b) She is wearing an elaborately embroidered gown.
(c) She is wearing a brightly colored smock.
(d) She is dressed in white linen.
2. What do Vandara and the other women threaten Kira with in Chapter 2?
3. What is worn during the singing of the Ruin Song?
(a) The singer's cloak.
(b) The singer's robe.
(c) The singer's hat.
(d) The singer's stole.
4. Who are the tenders?
(a) Servants who care for the orphans in the Edifice.
(b) Acolytes who participate in religious ceremonies.
(c) Boys training to be Guardians.
(d) Young boys who tend the flocks.
5. What does Annabella teach?
(a) Reading and writing.
(b) Ceremonial dance.
(c) The art of weaving.
(d) The arts of cloth craft and dyeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave the pendant to Kira's mother?
2. In Chapter 3, when does the messenger arrive for Kira?
3. What does Kira sleep with the night after she is frightened along the path to Annabella's house?
4. What gift does Thomas give Kira?
5. Who is Kira thinking of as she drifts off to sleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what is known about the character Jamison by the end of Chapter 4.
2. What accusations does Vandara bring against Kira before the Council of Guardians?
3. How does Kira react to Matt's decision to join the hunt?
4. What does Matt manage to save from Kira's cott before it is burned?
5. Describe Kira's home after she returns from the Field of Leaving.
6. Describe Kira's living quarters in the Edifice.
7. What is the significance of the bar of soap in Chapter 10?
8. What are Kira's plans now that both her parents are dead?
9. What realization do Kira and Thomas come to about the beasts in Chapter 11?
10. What type of living conditions is Kira used to before she moves to the Edifice?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)