|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which council member saw Kira's father die?
2. What does Kira intend to do with the stains on her mother's skirt?
(a) Embroider around them.
(b) Wash them.
(c) Patch them.
(d) Bleach them.
3. How do the members of the council respond to Kira's ritual actions in Chapter 3?
(a) They scold her for her clumsiness.
(b) They nod their approval.
(c) They chuckle.
(d) They frown.
4. Why isn't Matt allowed to enter the Field of Leaving?
(a) He has no relatives currently in the Field.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He was born under an unlucky omen.
(d) He does not belong to the village.
5. What color are the threads in Kira's worktable drawer?
(d) All colors, except blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the tenders?
2. What did Kira show her mother just before she died?
3. Why doesn't Kira look at the list of names Thomas writes down?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Kira in the Field of Leaving?
5. Why does Matt take some of Kira's belongings in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kira's embroidered scrap of cloth and Thomas' carved piece of wood similar?
2. How does Kira react in Chapter 2to the destruction of her home?
3. What wisdom is apparent in the Council's decision in Chapter 5?
4. Describe Kira's scrap of cloth. Why does she keep it near her?
5. What type of living conditions is Kira used to before she moves to the Edifice?
6. Describe Vandara.
7. Describe what is known about the character Annabella by the end of Chapter 8.
8. Describe Vandara's appearance and demeanor during the trial in Chapter 3.
9. What warning does Matt give Kira in Chapter 1?
10. Describe the customs surrounding death in Kira's society.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)