|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kira calm her nerves during the trial?
(a) By stroking an embroidered scrap of cloth.
(b) By mentally reciting plant names and uses.
(c) By running her hands though her hair.
(d) By rubbing her hands.
2. What is worn during the singing of the Ruin Song?
(a) The singer's hat.
(b) The singer's robe.
(c) The singer's stole.
(d) The singer's cloak.
3. Who cuts Vandara off midway through her accusation?
(b) The council.
4. Where does Kira decide to go on her first morning in the Edifice?
(a) To a stream to wash up.
(b) Back to her old cott.
(c) To the next village.
(d) To the weaver's shed.
5. What does Kira do when Vandara and the village women leave?
(a) She cries.
(b) She makes plans for the future.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She throws a rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison question Kira about in Chapter 5?
2. What does Jamison do while Vandara is presenting her accusation?
3. What is the woman in the garden doing in Chapter 2?
4. Why does Kira decide to visit Annabella?
5. Whom does Kira choose to serve as her defender?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kira react to Matt's decision to join the hunt?
2. How does Kira react to the indoor plumbing in her room?
3. Describe what is known about the character Jamison by the end of Chapter 4.
4. Describe Vandara's appearance and demeanor during the trial in Chapter 3.
5. How does Kira prepare for her trial in Chapter 3?
6. Describe what is known about the character Annabella by the end of Chapter 8.
7. How does Matt attempt to help Kira during the trial?
8. Describe what readers know about Kira after reading Chapter 1.
9. Describe Kira's living quarters in the Edifice.
10. Describe Kira's experience with the beasts in Chapter 11.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)