Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what service does Jamison provide Kira?
(a) He gives her water.
(b) He serves as her defender.
(c) He advises her defender.
(d) He provides her with lodging.
2. What does Annabella give Kira to help her calm down in Chapter 11?
(a) Herbs from her garden.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A scrap of embroidered cloth.
3. What crime has Vandara been accused of in the past?
(a) Stealing cloth from the weavers.
(b) Poisoning her own child.
(c) Poisioning her husband.
(d) Murdering her mother.
4. What does Jamison do while Vandara is presenting her accusation?
(c) Takes notes.
(d) Watches Kira.
5. What does Annabella give Kira as a parting gift?
(a) A blue handkerchief.
(b) Colored threads.
(c) Blue flowers.
(d) A plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt fear Kira might be while living in the Edifice?
2. What does Thomas give Matt and Branch in Chapter 10?
3. What claim does Annabella make in Chapter 11 that shocks Kira?
4. What object is Kira commanded by the Council of Guardians to mend?
5. Whom does Kira choose to serve as her defender?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kira prepare for her trial in Chapter 3?
2. How does Matt attempt to help Kira during the trial?
3. How have the words of the Ruin song been distorted over time?
4. Describe what is known about the character Annabella by the end of Chapter 8.
5. What is the role of the tenders?
6. How is Matt's relationship with Branch similar to his friendship with Kira?
7. What accusations does Vandara bring against Kira before the Council of Guardians?
8. Describe the village Matt encountered on his journey to find "blue".
9. Describe Kira's home after she returns from the Field of Leaving.
10. What defense does Jamison give in Kira's trial?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)