|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the large box that the council brings before Kira?
(a) The singer's hat.
(b) The singer's robe.
(c) The singer's stole.
(d) The singer's cloak.
2. Why does Matt take some of Kira's belongings in Chapter 5?
(a) Because the Council ordered him to take her property to the Edifice.
(b) It is a part of the village's custom.
(c) To save them from being burned.
(d) To sell them and earn money for Kira's defense.
3. Which character is waiting for Kira during the trial's lunch break in Chapter 4?
4. What is Thomas' job in the Edifice?
(a) To teach others to read.
(b) To tend the flocks of the Guardians.
(c) To carve intricate items out of wood.
(d) To serve the residents of the Edifice.
5. What does Jamison question Kira about in Chapter 5?
(a) Her friend, Matt.
(b) Her skills and the training she received from her mother.
(c) Her memories of her father.
(d) Her knowledge of reading and writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the members of the council respond to Kira's ritual actions in Chapter 3?
2. How did Kira's father reportedly die?
3. What is brought to Kira's room on her first morning in the Edifice?
4. What warning does Jamison give Kira about traveling in the woods?
5. What claim does Annabella make in Chapter 11 that shocks Kira?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kira's living quarters in the Edifice.
2. Describe what is known about the character Jo by the end of Chapter 13.
3. What warning does Matt give Kira in Chapter 1?
4. What wisdom is apparent in the Council's decision in Chapter 5?
5. Describe Kira's experience with the beasts in Chapter 11.
6. What is the significance of the bar of soap in Chapter 10?
7. Why is Kira's father still alive?
8. What are Kira's options for defense during the trial?
9. Since Kira, as a woman, is forbidden to learn to read or write, how does she study Annabella's lessons?
10. What realization do Kira and Thomas come to about the beasts in Chapter 11?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)