|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cuts Vandara off midway through her accusation?
(c) The council.
2. What does Kira do when Vandara and the village women leave?
(a) She throws a rock.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She makes plans for the future.
(d) She cries.
3. Who are the tenders?
(a) Acolytes who participate in religious ceremonies.
(b) Young boys who tend the flocks.
(c) Servants who care for the orphans in the Edifice.
(d) Boys training to be Guardians.
4. What does Matt attempt to take from Kira in Chapter 10?
(b) Her pendant.
(c) Her embroidered cloth.
(d) Her pillow.
5. What does Matt do in Chapter 9 that worries Kira?
(a) Tries to find his father.
(b) Travels to the next village.
(c) Searches for "blue".
(d) Chooses a spear to go on a hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what frightens Kira as she walks to Annabella's house?
2. What did Kira show her mother just before she died?
3. What is Kira's job in the Edifice?
4. What building does Kira visit after leaving the Council Edifice?
5. What does Annabella give Kira as a parting gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kira react to Matt's decision to join the hunt?
2. What accusations does Vandara bring against Kira before the Council of Guardians?
3. Describe what is known about the character Annabella by the end of Chapter 8.
4. Describe Vandara.
5. Describe what readers know about Kira after reading Chapter 1.
6. Describe Kira's home after she returns from the Field of Leaving.
7. How does Kira prepare for her trial in Chapter 3?
8. What comforts Kira on her first night away from home?
9. How does Kira find the color she needs for her threads?
10. What are Kira's options for defense during the trial?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)