|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other object of her mother's does Kira find in Matt's bundle?
(a) Her threading frame.
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her wedding ring.
(d) Her Bible.
2. What is brought to Kira's room on her first morning in the Edifice?
(b) Bolts of brightly colored cloth.
(c) Work tools.
(d) Pots of dye.
3. What gift do Kira and Thomas give Matt in Chapter 10?
(a) A haircut.
(b) A bar of soap.
(c) A hug.
4. What are Matt and his friends doing while Kira is on trial?
(a) Gathering saplings to make her a new cott.
(b) Praying that Kira will not be put in the Field of Leaving.
(c) Planning Kira's escape.
(d) Cooking a meal for Kira.
5. What deformity does Kira suffer from?
(a) A deformed spine.
(b) A crippled arm.
(d) A crippled leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will the weaver with the broken arm probably be sent?
2. Who cuts Vandara off midway through her accusation?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Kira in the Field of Leaving?
4. What does Kira have in her new room that was not in her cott?
5. What did Kira show her mother just before she died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jamison bring out the Singer's robe and question Kira about her embroidery skills?
2. Describe the customs surrounding death in Kira's society.
3. Since Kira, as a woman, is forbidden to learn to read or write, how does she study Annabella's lessons?
4. How is Matt's relationship with Branch similar to his friendship with Kira?
5. What does Matt manage to save from Kira's cott before it is burned?
6. What type of living conditions is Kira used to before she moves to the Edifice?
7. What realization do Kira and Thomas come to about the beasts in Chapter 11?
8. Describe what is known about the character Jamison by the end of Chapter 4.
9. What wisdom is apparent in the Council's decision in Chapter 5?
10. Describe Kira's scrap of cloth. Why does she keep it near her?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)