|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kira sleep with the night after she is frightened along the path to Annabella's house?
(a) Her scrap of embroidered cloth.
(b) Her mother's scarf.
(c) A child's doll.
(d) A hunting knife.
2. What does Kira plan to do in Chapter 1 once she returns to the home she shared with her mother?
(a) Salvage anything not destroyed by the fire and rebuild her home.
(b) Pack her belongings and search for her father.
(c) Salvage anything not taken by the villagers.
(d) Unpack her loom and begin weaving.
3. What does the headquarters of the Council of Guardians resemble?
(a) A church.
(b) A bank.
(c) A skyscraper.
(d) A library.
4. Where does Kira decide to go on her first morning in the Edifice?
(a) To the next village.
(b) Back to her old cott.
(c) To a stream to wash up.
(d) To the weaver's shed.
5. What does Matt have inside the bundle he has for Kira in Chapter 6?
(a) Food for her journey.
(b) A bundle of threads from her loom.
(c) Flower bulbs from her garden.
(d) Items he removed from her cott before it was burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the threads in Kira's worktable drawer?
2. Which council member knew Kira's father?
3. What does Jamison do while Vandara is presenting her accusation?
4. What are Matt and his friends doing while Kira is on trial?
5. What warning does Matt give Kira in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the bar of soap in Chapter 10?
2. Describe what is known about the character Thomas by the end of Chapter 7.
3. Describe the confrontation between Vandara and Kira in Chapter 2.
4. Describe Kira's living quarters in the Edifice.
5. What realization do Kira and Thomas come to about the beasts in Chapter 11?
6. Why does Jamison bring out the Singer's robe and question Kira about her embroidery skills?
7. Describe Kira's experience with the beasts in Chapter 11.
8. What are Kira's options for defense during the trial?
9. What does Matt manage to save from Kira's cott before it is burned?
10. How does Kira prepare for her trial in Chapter 3?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)