|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Jamison amazes Kira?
(a) His speech.
(b) His intense blue eyes.
(c) His ability to read.
(d) His ability to write.
2. Why isn't Matt allowed to enter the Field of Leaving?
(a) He was born under an unlucky omen.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He does not belong to the village.
(d) He has no relatives currently in the Field.
3. What gift does Thomas give Kira?
(a) A carved walking stick.
(b) An intricately carved box.
(c) A colorful scarf.
(d) A hand mirror.
4. Which character is allowed to speak first before the Council of Guardians in Chapter 3?
5. Where is Kira's father in Chapter 1?
(a) Hunting with the other men.
(b) In the Council Edifice.
(c) At the cott.
(d) Missing and presumed dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, when does the messenger arrive for Kira?
2. What building does Kira visit after leaving the Council Edifice?
3. Who is waiting for Kira inside the Edifice in Chapter 6?
4. What reportedly caused Vandara's scar?
5. Which character is waiting for Kira during the trial's lunch break in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization do Kira and Thomas come to about the beasts in Chapter 11?
2. What type of living conditions is Kira used to before she moves to the Edifice?
3. Since Kira, as a woman, is forbidden to learn to read or write, how does she study Annabella's lessons?
4. What accusations does Vandara bring against Kira before the Council of Guardians?
5. Describe Vandara.
6. How does Kira react in Chapter 2to the destruction of her home?
7. What are Kira's options for defense during the trial?
8. How does Kira prepare for her trial in Chapter 3?
9. Describe what is known about the character Jamison by the end of Chapter 4.
10. What is the significance of names in Kira's society?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)