|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which council member knew Kira's father?
2. What deformity does Kira suffer from?
(a) A crippled leg.
(c) A crippled arm.
(d) A deformed spine.
3. What gift does Thomas give Kira?
(a) A colorful scarf.
(b) A carved walking stick.
(c) A hand mirror.
(d) An intricately carved box.
4. What comforts Kira's aching fingers one evening in Chapter 9?
(a) Ointment from her mother's belongings.
(b) Rubbing them in wool.
(c) Her embroidered scrap of cloth.
(d) Warm water from the bath.
5. What does Kira do when she is threatened by Vandara and the other women in Chapter 2?
(a) She claims her right to a hearing before the Council of Guardians.
(b) She fights back with a stone knife.
(c) She hides in the Council Edifice.
(d) She runs and hides in Matt's cott.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is waiting with Matt for Kira at the Edifice?
2. What warning does Jamison give Kira about traveling in the woods?
3. What warning does Matt give Kira in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 4, what service does Jamison provide Kira?
5. How long does Kira have to complete her task for the Council of Guardians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of names in Kira's society?
2. What is Jamison's role in the attack on Christopher?
3. How does Kira react when Jamison refuses to allow her to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
4. How is Kira's embroidered scrap of cloth and Thomas' carved piece of wood similar?
5. How does Kira resolve to use her talents in the future?
6. Describe the confrontation between Vandara and Kira in Chapter 2.
7. What is Kira to do on the blank section of the Singer's robe, and how does she react to her new task?
8. Why does Jamison bring out the Singer's robe and question Kira about her embroidery skills?
9. Describe Kira's home after she returns from the Field of Leaving.
10. What is the significance of the bar of soap in Chapter 10?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)