|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object is Kira commanded by the Council of Guardians to mend?
(a) The singer's stole.
(b) The singer's cloak.
(c) The singer's hat.
(d) The singer's robe.
2. What gift does Thomas give Kira?
(a) A colorful scarf.
(b) A carved walking stick.
(c) An intricately carved box.
(d) A hand mirror.
3. Who is Thomas?
(a) Jamison's arch rival.
(b) A boy Kira's age who also lives in the Edifice.
(c) One of the Guardians.
(d) A young tender.
4. What deformity does Kira suffer from?
(a) A crippled leg.
(b) A deformed spine.
(d) A crippled arm.
5. According to village custom, what happens to a person's property once he or she dies from illness?
(a) All property and possessions are divided among the villagers.
(b) All property and possessions are burned.
(c) All property and possessions are divided among relatives.
(d) The Council of Guardians collects one-tenth of the property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of the villagers want to store on Kira's property?
2. What is the woman in the garden doing in Chapter 2?
3. What gift do Kira and Thomas give Matt in Chapter 10?
4. What does Annabella teach?
5. What building does Kira visit after leaving the Council Edifice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the confrontation between Vandara and Kira in Chapter 2.
2. How does Kira react to Matt's decision to join the hunt?
3. How is Matt's relationship with Branch similar to his friendship with Kira?
4. Describe Vandara's appearance and demeanor during the trial in Chapter 3.
5. What is the significance of names in Kira's society?
6. What warning does Matt give Kira in Chapter 1?
7. Since Kira, as a woman, is forbidden to learn to read or write, how does she study Annabella's lessons?
8. Describe Kira's home after she returns from the Field of Leaving.
9. Describe Kira's living quarters in the Edifice.
10. What accusations does Vandara bring against Kira before the Council of Guardians?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)