|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building does Kira visit after leaving the Council Edifice?
(a) Jamison's cott.
(b) The potter's shed.
(c) Matt's cott.
(d) The weaving shed.
2. What is Kira's job in the Edifice?
(a) To embroider the Singer's cloak.
(b) To knit the Ruin Singer a new stole.
(c) To repair and maintain the Singer's robe.
(d) To repair the Singer's hat.
3. What object comforts Thomas?
(a) A wooden toy carved by his father.
(b) The embroidered scrap of cloth.
(c) The Singer's staff.
(d) A bit of wood he carved as a child.
4. Who is Thomas?
(a) A boy Kira's age who also lives in the Edifice.
(b) Jamison's arch rival.
(c) One of the Guardians.
(d) A young tender.
5. Which character is waiting for Kira during the trial's lunch break in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of jewelry of does Kira find in Matt's bundle?
2. What does Vandara tell Kira in Chapter 2?
3. What are Matt and his friends doing while Kira is on trial?
4. What do Vandara and the other women threaten Kira with in Chapter 2?
5. What does Matt have inside the bundle he has for Kira in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Matt's relationship with Branch similar to his friendship with Kira?
2. What wisdom is apparent in the Council's decision in Chapter 5?
3. What is the significance of the bar of soap in Chapter 10?
4. Describe Kira's living quarters in the Edifice.
5. What does Matt manage to save from Kira's cott before it is burned?
6. Since Kira, as a woman, is forbidden to learn to read or write, how does she study Annabella's lessons?
7. Describe Kira's home after she returns from the Field of Leaving.
8. How does Kira react to Matt's decision to join the hunt?
9. How is Kira's embroidered scrap of cloth and Thomas' carved piece of wood similar?
10. What are Kira's plans now that both her parents are dead?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)