|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kira harvest from her mother's garden in Chapter 9?
(a) Plants used to create dyes.
(b) The rest of her carrots and potatoes.
(c) Onions, to make yellow.
(d) Flowers for making blue dye.
2. What do some of the villagers want to build on Kira's property?
(a) A new cott.
(b) A corral.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A weaving shed.
3. What color dye does Annabella not have?
4. What is the Ruin Song?
(a) A song sung during the weekly religious ceremony.
(b) The song sung by the men while they are on the Great Hunt.
(c) The oral history of Kira's people that is sung every decade.
(d) The oral history of Kira's people that is sung annually.
5. Who cuts Vandara off midway through her accusation?
(c) The council.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt cover his body with in Chapter 10?
2. What do Vandara and the other women threaten Kira with in Chapter 2?
3. What verdict does the Council of Guardians render about Kira's case?
4. Why do the villagers regard Kira with contempt?
5. What comforts Kira as she falls asleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jamison bring out the Singer's robe and question Kira about her embroidery skills?
2. Describe Kira's scrap of cloth. Why does she keep it near her?
3. Describe Vandara's appearance and demeanor during the trial in Chapter 3.
4. Describe what is known about the character Thomas by the end of Chapter 7.
5. What realization do Kira and Thomas come to about the beasts in Chapter 11?
6. Describe Kira's living quarters in the Edifice.
7. Describe what is known about the character Jamison by the end of Chapter 4.
8. What are Kira's options for defense during the trial?
9. What does Matt manage to save from Kira's cott before it is burned?
10. Describe what is known about the character Annabella by the end of Chapter 8.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)