|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kira's friend Matt live?
(a) In the village.
(b) In the Edifice.
(c) In the Fen.
(d) In the woods.
2. What does Annabella teach?
(a) The art of weaving.
(b) Reading and writing.
(c) The arts of cloth craft and dyeing.
(d) Ceremonial dance.
3. What is Kira's job in the Edifice?
(a) To repair the Singer's hat.
(b) To knit the Ruin Singer a new stole.
(c) To embroider the Singer's cloak.
(d) To repair and maintain the Singer's robe.
4. What does Matt do in Chapter 9 that worries Kira?
(a) Tries to find his father.
(b) Chooses a spear to go on a hunt.
(c) Searches for "blue".
(d) Travels to the next village.
5. What does Matt have inside the bundle he has for Kira in Chapter 6?
(a) A bundle of threads from her loom.
(b) Items he removed from her cott before it was burned.
(c) Food for her journey.
(d) Flower bulbs from her garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kira do when Vandara and the village women leave?
2. What does one tender assist Kira with on her first morning in the Edifice?
3. What gift do Kira and Thomas give Matt in Chapter 10?
4. How did Thomas become an orphan?
5. How does Kira learn the rituals of ceremony that are expected before the Council of Guardians?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kira's experience with the beasts in Chapter 11.
2. Describe what is known about the character Thomas by the end of Chapter 7.
3. How does Kira spend her rainy day in Chapter 12?
4. What accusations does Vandara bring against Kira before the Council of Guardians?
5. What does Kira find suspicious about Jo's situation, and why?
6. What wisdom is apparent in the Council's decision in Chapter 5?
7. Describe the Fen.
8. Why does Kira cry after returning from Jo's room at the end of Chapter 16?
9. Describe the village Matt encountered on his journey to find "blue".
10. Describe Vandara's appearance and demeanor during the trial in Chapter 3.
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)