|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matt offer to do for Kira in Chapter 6?
(a) Carry her possessions upstairs to her new quarters.
(b) Gather the remaining plants from her garden.
(c) Burn down Vandara's cott.
(d) Send a message to her father.
2. What do some of the villagers want to store on Kira's property?
(a) Small children and chickens.
3. What is worn during the singing of the Ruin Song?
(a) The singer's stole.
(b) The singer's hat.
(c) The singer's cloak.
(d) The singer's robe.
4. How do the members of the council respond to Kira's ritual actions in Chapter 3?
(a) They scold her for her clumsiness.
(b) They nod their approval.
(c) They frown.
(d) They chuckle.
5. Which character is waiting for Kira during the trial's lunch break in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kira thinking of as she drifts off to sleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
2. What comforts Kira as she falls asleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
3. What color are the threads in Kira's worktable drawer?
4. Who does Kira confide in about her experience on the way to Annabella's house?
5. What does Annabella give Kira to help her calm down in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kira's home after she returns from the Field of Leaving.
2. How is Matt's relationship with Branch similar to his friendship with Kira?
3. What is the significance of names in Kira's society?
4. Describe what is known about the character Annabella by the end of Chapter 8.
5. What warning does Matt give Kira in Chapter 1?
6. What are Kira's options for defense during the trial?
7. What accusations does Vandara bring against Kira before the Council of Guardians?
8. Describe what is known about the character Jamison by the end of Chapter 4.
9. What realization do Kira and Thomas come to about the beasts in Chapter 11?
10. What does Matt manage to save from Kira's cott before it is burned?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)