|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the women of the village plan to take Kira?
(a) To the woods.
(b) Before the Council of Guardians.
(c) To the next village.
(d) To the Field of Leaving.
2. Where is Matt's father?
(a) As far as Matt knows, he does not have a father.
(b) In the Fen.
(c) In the Field of Leaving.
(d) In prison.
3. What piece of jewelry of does Kira find in Matt's bundle?
(a) Her mother's pendant.
(b) Her father's ring.
(c) Her baby bracelet.
(d) Her mother's bracelet.
4. What about Jamison amazes Kira?
(a) His intense blue eyes.
(b) His ability to read.
(c) His speech.
(d) His ability to write.
5. What verdict does the Council of Guardians render about Kira's case?
(a) Kira is to be sent to the next village.
(b) Vandara is to be sent to the Field of Leaving.
(c) Kira is to stay in the Council Edifice and Vandara is given Kira's land.
(d) Kira is to stay in the Council Edifice and the Guardians will take her property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What claim does Annabella make in Chapter 11 that shocks Kira?
2. Where does Kira decide to go on her first morning in the Edifice?
3. How did Thomas become an orphan?
4. What does the headquarters of the Council of Guardians resemble?
5. Where will the injured weaver's children probably be sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the bar of soap in Chapter 10?
2. How does Matt attempt to help Kira during the trial?
3. Describe what readers know about Kira after reading Chapter 1.
4. How does Kira find the color she needs for her threads?
5. How is Matt's relationship with Branch similar to his friendship with Kira?
6. Why does Jamison bring out the Singer's robe and question Kira about her embroidery skills?
7. How does Kira react to the indoor plumbing in her room?
8. What is the significance of names in Kira's society?
9. What is the role of the tenders?
10. Describe what is known about the character Annabella by the end of Chapter 8.
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)