|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kira harvest from her mother's garden in Chapter 9?
(a) Flowers for making blue dye.
(b) The rest of her carrots and potatoes.
(c) Onions, to make yellow.
(d) Plants used to create dyes.
2. What about Jamison amazes Kira?
(a) His intense blue eyes.
(b) His ability to read.
(c) His speech.
(d) His ability to write.
3. What does Matt fear Kira might be while living in the Edifice?
(a) A mistress.
(b) A servant.
(d) A prisoner.
4. What does Matt cover his body with in Chapter 10?
(b) Swamp grass.
5. What do Vandara and the other women threaten Kira with in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Kira look at the list of names Thomas writes down?
2. Why do the villagers regard Kira with contempt?
3. How is Vandara dressed as she presents herself before the Council of Guardians?
4. Where is Kira's father in Chapter 1?
5. What is in the large box that the council brings before Kira?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of the tenders?
2. Since Kira, as a woman, is forbidden to learn to read or write, how does she study Annabella's lessons?
3. How does Kira react to the indoor plumbing in her room?
4. Why do the women in the weaver's shed offer Kira a position at the loom?
5. What type of living conditions is Kira used to before she moves to the Edifice?
6. Describe Kira's scrap of cloth. Why does she keep it near her?
7. What warning does Matt give Kira in Chapter 1?
8. What is the significance of the bar of soap in Chapter 10?
9. What are Kira's options for defense during the trial?
10. Describe Kira's home after she returns from the Field of Leaving.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)