|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Matt see in the Field of Leaving in Chapter 14?
2. How does Matt describe the people he met on his journey?
(a) Tall and powerful.
(b) Broken, but quiet and nice.
(c) Joyful and strong.
(d) Dark and mysterious.
3. Which character takes Kira's place in the weaving shed?
4. Who/what does Kira ask about Matt's location?
(c) The embroidered scrap of cloth.
5. What does Thomas recall from his childhood in the Edifice?
(a) He never went outside the Edifice.
(b) He was locked in his room when he was a little boy.
(c) He was taught to carve wood by a blind man.
(d) He was taught to read by a blind man.
6. What claim does Thomas make about his and Kira's parents in Chapter 13?
(a) They may still be alive.
(b) They were the only good people in the world.
(c) They abandoned their children on purpose.
(d) Their deaths may be suspicious.
7. Where does Kira want Thomas to accompany her in Chapter 15?
(a) To the next village.
(b) To Annabella's cott.
(c) To Matt's cott.
(d) To Jo's room.
8. Where are the parents of the child heard in Chapter 13?
(a) Both are dead.
(b) In the next village.
(c) In the village.
(d) In the Fen.
9. What does Kira finish in Chapter 18?
(a) The repairs on the Singer's robe.
(b) The repairs on the Singer's hat.
(c) The Singer's stole.
(d) The embroidery on the Singer's cloak.
10. What comment does Jo have in Chapter 16 about the songs she sings?
(a) She does not enjoy singing the songs the Guardians teach her.
(b) Her songs are sung to her by a bluebird.
(c) She doesn't learn songs, she just "knows" them.
(d) She loves to sing for Jamison.
11. What is Matt's "big" gift for Kira in Chapter 21?
(a) Her father, Christopher.
(c) A bag of seeds.
(d) A pot of blue dye.
12. How did Kira's father end up in the Field of Leaving?
(a) He woke up in the Field after falling during a hunt.
(b) He limped to the Field after being injured.
(c) He was attacked and dragged forcibly to the Field.
(d) He was mauled by a beast and left for dead in the Field.
13. What do Kira and her friends hear a child doing while on the lower floor of the Edifice in Chapter 13?
14. In Chapter 16, what is Jo doing in her room when Thomas and Kira find her?
(b) Staring out the window.
15. What does Thomas finish in Chapter 18?
(a) The repairs to the Singer's staff.
(b) Kira's new cott.
(c) The repairs to the Singer's book.
(d) Exploring the Edifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual sound does Kira hear at the beginning of the Ruin song ceremony?
2. What does Jamison tell Kira in Chapter 14?
3. What comment does Marlena make about Jo?
4. What does Jamison expect Kira to tell everyone with her needle and thread?
5. What political office was Kira's father to be appointed to before his "death"?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)