|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't Kira allowed to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
(a) Jamison tells her she will be tainted for the ceremony.
(b) Jamison tells her she doesn't have time to spare.
(c) She cannot travel outside the Edifice until after the Ruin Song.
(d) Matt is already in the Field watching over Annabella.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 13, whose voice do Kira and her friends hear speaking harshly in the lower floor of the Edifice?
(a) Annabella's voice.
(b) Jamison's voice.
(c) An unknown man's voice.
(d) Christopher's voice.
3. Who accompanies Kira to her room after the Ruin song is over?
(d) No one.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 17, how long has Matt been missing?
(a) A month.
(b) Two days.
(c) Nine days.
(d) Two weeks.
5. According to Matt, where is Jo from?
(a) From "far yonder."
(b) The mountains.
(c) The Fen.
(d) The next village.
6. What has been brought to the Edifice from Annabella's cott?
(a) All of Annabella's dyeing materials.
(b) Annabella's dog.
(c) Annabella's blue flowers.
7. In Chapter 12, what thread does Kira wish she had?
(a) Blue thread.
(b) White thread.
(c) Purple thread.
(d) Silk thread.
8. What "small" gift does Matt bring to Kira in Chapter 20?
(a) A bundle of white threads.
(b) A bundle of blue threads.
(c) A scrap of blue cloth.
(d) A blue flower.
9. What title is Thomas given during the Ruin song ceremony?
(a) The Keeper of the Staff.
(b) The Carver of the future.
(c) The Designer of the future.
(d) The Designer of the people.
10. Which character once attempted to kill Christopher?
(d) Kira's father.
11. What do Kira and her friends hear a child doing while on the lower floor of the Edifice in Chapter 13?
12. How did Kira's father end up in the Field of Leaving?
(a) He limped to the Field after being injured.
(b) He was attacked and dragged forcibly to the Field.
(c) He woke up in the Field after falling during a hunt.
(d) He was mauled by a beast and left for dead in the Field.
13. What valuable skill does Kira believe Matt possesses?
(a) The ability to make people laugh.
(b) The ability to grow blue flowers.
(c) The ability to prophesy.
(d) The ability to make blue dye.
14. Who has Kira not seen during her stay in the Edifice?
(a) The cook.
(b) The Ruin Singer.
(c) The Master Guardian.
15. Who/what does Kira ask about Matt's location?
(c) The embroidered scrap of cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title is Kira given during the Ruin song ceremony?
2. Where do Kira and Thomas go in Chapter 17?
3. What does Jamison recite for Kira in Chapter 18?
4. How does the stranger in Chapter 21 find Kira's village?
5. Where does Christopher ask Kira to go?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)