|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what sound has Thomas heard at night?
(a) An eerie singing.
(b) A metallic scraping.
(c) A crying child.
(d) An electronic humming.
2. How does the Ruin song begin?
(a) "Here in this place."
(b) "Listen, all ye people."
(c) "In the beginning."
(d) "As we all gather."
3. What claim does Thomas make about his and Kira's parents in Chapter 13?
(a) They abandoned their children on purpose.
(b) They may still be alive.
(c) They were the only good people in the world.
(d) Their deaths may be suspicious.
4. What does Kira finish in Chapter 18?
(a) The embroidery on the Singer's cloak.
(b) The repairs on the Singer's hat.
(c) The Singer's stole.
(d) The repairs on the Singer's robe.
5. How does the stranger in Chapter 21 find Kira's village?
(a) By the feel of the sun on his face and the smells around him.
(b) Matt led him.
(c) There is a map of all the villages in the Book of History.
(d) By the words to a song.
6. After her visit to Jo in Chapter 16, what does Kira do once she is back in her own bed?
(b) Reads a book of history.
(c) Plans their escape.
7. What does Kira give Jo as she tucks her into bed in Chapter 16?
(a) Her embroidered scrap of cloth.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A hug.
(d) An embroidered cloth doll.
8. In Chapter 16, what is Jo doing in her room when Thomas and Kira find her?
(a) Staring out the window.
9. What unusual sound does Kira hear at the beginning of the Ruin song ceremony?
(a) An electronic beeping.
(b) An echoing ring.
(c) A metallic scraping.
(d) A soft buzzing.
10. Where do Thomas and Kira sit during the singing of the Ruin song?
(a) Behind the stage until it is their turn to move.
(b) On the stage near the Worship-object.
(c) In their rooms.
(d) In the front row with the crowd.
11. What do Thomas and Kira bring with them as they visit Jo in Chapter 16?
(a) Food and warm clothing for the child.
(b) Books and toys.
(c) Matt and Branch.
(d) The embroidered scrap of cloth and special piece of carved wood.
12. In Chapter 12, what thread does Kira wish she had?
(a) Purple thread.
(b) Blue thread.
(c) White thread.
(d) Silk thread.
13. Who has Kira not seen during her stay in the Edifice?
(a) The Ruin Singer.
(b) The Master Guardian.
(d) The cook.
14. Where does Christopher ask Kira to go?
(a) With him to the Council of Guardians.
(b) Back to his village to begin a new life.
(c) To the woods to find blue flowers.
(d) Down to the dungeon.
15. Who walks through a storm to visit Kira?
(d) Matt and Branch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does Jo have in Chapter 16 about the songs she sings?
2. What does Jamison recite for Kira in Chapter 18?
3. Who does Kira speak to through a door keyhole?
4. While learning the plants used to create cloth dyes, what has Kira also been learning?
5. Which character once attempted to kill Christopher?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)