|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title is Kira given during the Ruin song ceremony?
(a) The Knitter of the past.
(b) The Weaver of the future.
(c) The Designer of the people.
(d) The Robe-threader and designer of the future.
2. What is unusual about Christopher's village?
(a) It is populated by injured people from other villages.
(b) It is protected by the beasts of the woods.
(c) Everyone, even the women, can read.
(d) It is populated by artisans and keepers of history.
3. In Chapter 12, what thread does Kira wish she had?
(a) Blue thread.
(b) Silk thread.
(c) Purple thread.
(d) White thread.
4. What is Matt's "big" gift for Kira in Chapter 21?
(b) A pot of blue dye.
(c) Her father, Christopher.
(d) A bag of seeds.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 17, how long has Matt been missing?
(a) Nine days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
6. How did Kira's father end up in the Field of Leaving?
(a) He woke up in the Field after falling during a hunt.
(b) He limped to the Field after being injured.
(c) He was mauled by a beast and left for dead in the Field.
(d) He was attacked and dragged forcibly to the Field.
7. How is Jo supposed to contact Thomas if she needs help?
(a) Sing a special song through the pipes.
(b) Knock on the bathroom floor with a hairbrush.
(c) Hit the bathroom pipes with a hairbrush.
(d) Knock on her ceiling with a hairbrush.
8. What is being constructed for Kira at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) A new cott.
(b) A place to grow and process the plants used in dye making.
(c) A weaver's shed.
(d) A place to instruct the girls of the village.
9. Which character takes Kira's place in the weaving shed?
10. What does Jamison expect Kira to tell everyone with her needle and thread?
(a) The past.
(b) Her story.
(c) Whatever the guardians say.
(d) The future.
11. Who accompanies Kira to her room after the Ruin song is over?
(a) No one.
12. According to Matt's brother, where has Matt gone?
(a) On the great hunt.
(b) To find Kira's father.
(c) Over yonder to the next village.
(d) To find a gift of blue for Kira.
13. What unusual sound does Kira hear at the beginning of the Ruin song ceremony?
(a) A soft buzzing.
(b) An electronic beeping.
(c) An echoing ring.
(d) A metallic scraping.
14. What comment does Jo have in Chapter 16 about the songs she sings?
(a) She does not enjoy singing the songs the Guardians teach her.
(b) She loves to sing for Jamison.
(c) Her songs are sung to her by a bluebird.
(d) She doesn't learn songs, she just "knows" them.
15. Which character once attempted to kill Christopher?
(c) Kira's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Matt describe the people he met on his journey?
2. Who walks through a storm to visit Kira?
3. While learning the plants used to create cloth dyes, what has Kira also been learning?
4. What has been brought to the Edifice from Annabella's cott?
5. What gift does the stranger give to Kira in Chapter 21?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)