|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Kira not seen during her stay in the Edifice?
(a) The Master Guardian.
(b) The Ruin Singer.
(c) The cook.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 17, how long has Matt been missing?
(a) Two days.
(b) A month.
(c) Nine days.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What gift does the stranger give to Kira in Chapter 21?
(a) A pot of blue dye.
(b) The Book of History.
(c) A bag of seeds.
(d) The plants to make blue dye.
4. Who does Matt see in the Field of Leaving in Chapter 14?
5. How did Kira's father end up in the Field of Leaving?
(a) He was attacked and dragged forcibly to the Field.
(b) He was mauled by a beast and left for dead in the Field.
(c) He limped to the Field after being injured.
(d) He woke up in the Field after falling during a hunt.
6. What claim does Thomas make about his and Kira's parents in Chapter 13?
(a) Their deaths may be suspicious.
(b) They may still be alive.
(c) They abandoned their children on purpose.
(d) They were the only good people in the world.
7. Why isn't Kira allowed to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
(a) Jamison tells her she will be tainted for the ceremony.
(b) Matt is already in the Field watching over Annabella.
(c) Jamison tells her she doesn't have time to spare.
(d) She cannot travel outside the Edifice until after the Ruin Song.
8. What infirmity does the stranger waiting in Kira's room after the singing of the Ruin song have?
(b) A crippled leg.
(c) A mauled face.
9. After her visit to Jo in Chapter 16, what does Kira do once she is back in her own bed?
(b) Reads a book of history.
(d) Plans their escape.
10. What comment does Jo have in Chapter 16 about the songs she sings?
(a) She doesn't learn songs, she just "knows" them.
(b) She loves to sing for Jamison.
(c) She does not enjoy singing the songs the Guardians teach her.
(d) Her songs are sung to her by a bluebird.
11. Where does Christopher ask Kira to go?
(a) Down to the dungeon.
(b) Back to his village to begin a new life.
(c) To the woods to find blue flowers.
(d) With him to the Council of Guardians.
12. According to Matt's brother, where has Matt gone?
(a) To find Kira's father.
(b) On the great hunt.
(c) To find a gift of blue for Kira.
(d) Over yonder to the next village.
13. What is the atmosphere in the Council Edifice as people gather for the singing of the Ruin song?
(a) Raucous and rowdy.
(b) Solemn and respectful.
(c) Filled with wailing and sadness.
(d) Joyous and noisy.
14. What title is Thomas given during the Ruin song ceremony?
(a) The Carver of the future.
(b) The Designer of the future.
(c) The Keeper of the Staff.
(d) The Designer of the people.
15. How does the stranger in Chapter 21 find Kira's village?
(a) Matt led him.
(b) By the words to a song.
(c) There is a map of all the villages in the Book of History.
(d) By the feel of the sun on his face and the smells around him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kira's friend Marlena work?
2. Where do Thomas and Kira sit during the singing of the Ruin song?
3. How will Kira know what to embroider on the blank patch of cloth?
4. What comment does Marlena make about Jo?
5. In Chapter 16, what is Jo doing in her room when Thomas and Kira find her?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)