|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Matt's brother, where has Matt gone?
(a) On the great hunt.
(b) To find Kira's father.
(c) To find a gift of blue for Kira.
(d) Over yonder to the next village.
2. Where does Christopher ask Kira to go?
(a) Down to the dungeon.
(b) Back to his village to begin a new life.
(c) To the woods to find blue flowers.
(d) With him to the Council of Guardians.
3. Where do Kira and Thomas go in Chapter 17?
(a) To the next village.
(b) To the dungeons of the Edifice.
(c) To the Fen.
(d) To Annabella's cott.
4. What title is Kira given during the Ruin song ceremony?
(a) The Robe-threader and designer of the future.
(b) The Weaver of the future.
(c) The Knitter of the past.
(d) The Designer of the people.
5. In Chapter 12, what sound has Thomas heard at night?
(a) A crying child.
(b) An eerie singing.
(c) A metallic scraping.
(d) An electronic humming.
6. Which character arrives late for the singing of the Ruin song?
7. How does the Ruin song begin?
(a) "As we all gather."
(b) "Listen, all ye people."
(c) "Here in this place."
(d) "In the beginning."
8. How did Kira's father end up in the Field of Leaving?
(a) He woke up in the Field after falling during a hunt.
(b) He was attacked and dragged forcibly to the Field.
(c) He limped to the Field after being injured.
(d) He was mauled by a beast and left for dead in the Field.
9. Where are the parents of the child heard in Chapter 13?
(a) In the village.
(b) In the Fen.
(c) Both are dead.
(d) In the next village.
10. How did Kira's father manage to escape the Field of Leaving?
(a) Strangers came and took him away to a different village.
(b) He struggled to stand and walked to Annabella's cott.
(c) Annabella came and took him to her cott.
(d) Jamison set him on a horse headed through the woods.
11. How does the Singer and the crowd end the Ruin song?
(a) "Listen, and remember."
(b) "Amen. So be it."
(c) "Listen, all ye people."
(d) "Thus says the song."
12. What title is Thomas given during the Ruin song ceremony?
(a) The Designer of the people.
(b) The Designer of the future.
(c) The Carver of the future.
(d) The Keeper of the Staff.
13. What area do Kira and Thomas pass as they look for Matt in Chapter 17?
(a) The Field of Leaving.
(b) The potter's shed.
(c) Kira's old cott.
(d) The weaver's shed.
14. What is unusual about Christopher's village?
(a) Everyone, even the women, can read.
(b) It is populated by injured people from other villages.
(c) It is populated by artisans and keepers of history.
(d) It is protected by the beasts of the woods.
15. What do Kira and her friends hear a child doing while on the lower floor of the Edifice in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual sound does Kira hear at the beginning of the Ruin song ceremony?
2. Which character takes Kira's place in the weaving shed?
3. Who has Kira not seen during her stay in the Edifice?
4. How does Matt's mother react to her son's absence?
5. What does Thomas finish in Chapter 18?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)