|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Matt's brother, where has Matt gone?
(a) On the great hunt.
(b) To find Kira's father.
(c) Over yonder to the next village.
(d) To find a gift of blue for Kira.
2. Where do Thomas and Kira sit during the singing of the Ruin song?
(a) In their rooms.
(b) In the front row with the crowd.
(c) Behind the stage until it is their turn to move.
(d) On the stage near the Worship-object.
3. How does Matt describe the people he met on his journey?
(a) Dark and mysterious.
(b) Broken, but quiet and nice.
(c) Tall and powerful.
(d) Joyful and strong.
4. What do Kira and her friends hear a child doing while on the lower floor of the Edifice in Chapter 13?
5. How does the Ruin song begin?
(a) "As we all gather."
(b) "Listen, all ye people."
(c) "In the beginning."
(d) "Here in this place."
6. Who accompanies Kira to her room after the Ruin song is over?
(b) No one.
7. What does Kira give Jo as she tucks her into bed in Chapter 16?
(a) Her embroidered scrap of cloth.
(b) An embroidered cloth doll.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A hug.
8. Who does Matt see in the Field of Leaving in Chapter 14?
9. After her visit to Jo in Chapter 16, what does Kira do once she is back in her own bed?
(a) Reads a book of history.
(b) Plans their escape.
10. What gift does the stranger give to Kira in Chapter 21?
(a) A bag of seeds.
(b) The plants to make blue dye.
(c) The Book of History.
(d) A pot of blue dye.
11. Which character takes Kira's place in the weaving shed?
12. What infirmity does the stranger waiting in Kira's room after the singing of the Ruin song have?
(b) A mauled face.
(d) A crippled leg.
13. Where does Christopher ask Kira to go?
(a) Down to the dungeon.
(b) To the woods to find blue flowers.
(c) Back to his village to begin a new life.
(d) With him to the Council of Guardians.
14. Where does Kira's friend Marlena work?
(a) In the Edifice.
(b) In the Fen.
(c) In the potter's shed.
(d) In the weaving shed.
15. While learning the plants used to create cloth dyes, what has Kira also been learning?
(a) How to read.
(b) How to tell the future.
(c) How to carve.
(d) How to sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the storm keep Kira from doing in Chapter 12?
2. Who walks through a storm to visit Kira?
3. What does Jamison recite for Kira in Chapter 18?
4. What does Thomas finish in Chapter 18?
5. What is Matt's "big" gift for Kira in Chapter 21?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)