|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who walks through a storm to visit Kira?
(c) Matt and Branch.
2. How did Kira's father manage to escape the Field of Leaving?
(a) Annabella came and took him to her cott.
(b) He struggled to stand and walked to Annabella's cott.
(c) Strangers came and took him away to a different village.
(d) Jamison set him on a horse headed through the woods.
3. What political office was Kira's father to be appointed to before his "death"?
(a) Keeper of the Song.
(b) The Village Council.
(c) The Council of Guardians.
(d) Keeper of the Staff.
4. Who visits Kira in her room after she returns from her exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice?
5. What claim does Thomas make about his and Kira's parents in Chapter 13?
(a) They were the only good people in the world.
(b) Their deaths may be suspicious.
(c) They may still be alive.
(d) They abandoned their children on purpose.
6. What does Jamison recite for Kira in Chapter 18?
(a) The rules of the Edifice.
(b) The song of the Great Hunt.
(c) Passages from the Ruin song.
(d) Poems from before the Ruin.
7. Which character arrives late for the singing of the Ruin song?
8. What do Kira and her friends hear a child doing while on the lower floor of the Edifice in Chapter 13?
9. What area do Kira and Thomas pass as they look for Matt in Chapter 17?
(a) The potter's shed.
(b) The weaver's shed.
(c) Kira's old cott.
(d) The Field of Leaving.
10. Who does Kira speak to through a door keyhole?
11. Who does Matt see in the Field of Leaving in Chapter 14?
12. What has been brought to the Edifice from Annabella's cott?
(a) Annabella's blue flowers.
(b) Annabella's dog.
(c) All of Annabella's dyeing materials.
13. What is unusual about Christopher's village?
(a) Everyone, even the women, can read.
(b) It is protected by the beasts of the woods.
(c) It is populated by injured people from other villages.
(d) It is populated by artisans and keepers of history.
14. What does Jamison tell Kira in Chapter 14?
(a) Annabella died in her sleep.
(b) Annabella has moved to the next village.
(c) Annabella died of the same illness that killed Kira's mother.
(d) Annabella was eaten by beasts.
15. How does the Ruin song begin?
(a) "Here in this place."
(b) "As we all gather."
(c) "Listen, all ye people."
(d) "In the beginning."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas recall from his childhood in the Edifice?
2. Where are the parents of the child heard in Chapter 13?
3. How is Jo supposed to contact Thomas if she needs help?
4. What title is Thomas given during the Ruin song ceremony?
5. Which character takes Kira's place in the weaving shed?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)