|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kira want Thomas to accompany her in Chapter 15?
(a) To Jo's room.
(b) To Matt's cott.
(c) To the next village.
(d) To Annabella's cott.
2. How did Kira's father manage to escape the Field of Leaving?
(a) Jamison set him on a horse headed through the woods.
(b) Annabella came and took him to her cott.
(c) He struggled to stand and walked to Annabella's cott.
(d) Strangers came and took him away to a different village.
3. How is Jo supposed to contact Thomas if she needs help?
(a) Hit the bathroom pipes with a hairbrush.
(b) Knock on her ceiling with a hairbrush.
(c) Knock on the bathroom floor with a hairbrush.
(d) Sing a special song through the pipes.
4. Which character once attempted to kill Christopher?
(d) Kira's father.
5. What revelation does Matt have about the beasts in the woods?
(a) He has the power to control them.
(b) They are tame.
(c) They do not exist.
(d) They fear light.
6. What does Jamison recite for Kira in Chapter 18?
(a) The rules of the Edifice.
(b) Passages from the Ruin song.
(c) The song of the Great Hunt.
(d) Poems from before the Ruin.
7. What gift does the stranger give to Kira in Chapter 21?
(a) A pot of blue dye.
(b) A bag of seeds.
(c) The plants to make blue dye.
(d) The Book of History.
8. What does Thomas recall from his childhood in the Edifice?
(a) He was taught to read by a blind man.
(b) He never went outside the Edifice.
(c) He was taught to carve wood by a blind man.
(d) He was locked in his room when he was a little boy.
9. In the beginning of Chapter 17, how long has Matt been missing?
(a) Nine days.
(b) A month.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
10. Why isn't Kira allowed to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
(a) Jamison tells her she will be tainted for the ceremony.
(b) She cannot travel outside the Edifice until after the Ruin Song.
(c) Jamison tells her she doesn't have time to spare.
(d) Matt is already in the Field watching over Annabella.
11. Who accompanies Kira to her room after the Ruin song is over?
(d) No one.
12. Who has Kira not seen during her stay in the Edifice?
(b) The Master Guardian.
(c) The cook.
(d) The Ruin Singer.
13. In Chapter 16, what is Jo doing in her room when Thomas and Kira find her?
(b) Staring out the window.
14. How does the Singer and the crowd end the Ruin song?
(a) "Listen, all ye people."
(b) "Amen. So be it."
(c) "Thus says the song."
(d) "Listen, and remember."
15. What valuable skill does Kira believe Matt possesses?
(a) The ability to make people laugh.
(b) The ability to grow blue flowers.
(c) The ability to make blue dye.
(d) The ability to prophesy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Thomas and Kira sit during the singing of the Ruin song?
2. What comment does Marlena make about Jo?
3. How does Matt describe the people he met on his journey?
4. What political office was Kira's father to be appointed to before his "death"?
5. How did Kira's father end up in the Field of Leaving?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)