|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the stranger give to Kira in Chapter 21?
(a) The Book of History.
(b) A pot of blue dye.
(c) The plants to make blue dye.
(d) A bag of seeds.
2. Where does Christopher ask Kira to go?
(a) Back to his village to begin a new life.
(b) Down to the dungeon.
(c) With him to the Council of Guardians.
(d) To the woods to find blue flowers.
3. What "small" gift does Matt bring to Kira in Chapter 20?
(a) A bundle of white threads.
(b) A bundle of blue threads.
(c) A blue flower.
(d) A scrap of blue cloth.
4. What political office was Kira's father to be appointed to before his "death"?
(a) The Village Council.
(b) The Council of Guardians.
(c) Keeper of the Song.
(d) Keeper of the Staff.
5. Where are the parents of the child heard in Chapter 13?
(a) In the village.
(b) In the Fen.
(c) In the next village.
(d) Both are dead.
6. Why isn't Kira allowed to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
(a) Jamison tells her she doesn't have time to spare.
(b) Matt is already in the Field watching over Annabella.
(c) She cannot travel outside the Edifice until after the Ruin Song.
(d) Jamison tells her she will be tainted for the ceremony.
7. After her visit to Jo in Chapter 16, what does Kira do once she is back in her own bed?
(c) Reads a book of history.
(d) Plans their escape.
8. How does Thomas open the locks in the Edifice?
(a) By unscrewing the lock faces.
(b) With a metal stick.
(c) With a stolen key.
(d) With a key he carved.
9. What title is Kira given during the Ruin song ceremony?
(a) The Knitter of the past.
(b) The Weaver of the future.
(c) The Designer of the people.
(d) The Robe-threader and designer of the future.
10. In Chapter 16, what is Jo doing in her room when Thomas and Kira find her?
(c) Staring out the window.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 13, whose voice do Kira and her friends hear speaking harshly in the lower floor of the Edifice?
(a) Jamison's voice.
(b) Christopher's voice.
(c) Annabella's voice.
(d) An unknown man's voice.
12. What title is Thomas given during the Ruin song ceremony?
(a) The Designer of the future.
(b) The Keeper of the Staff.
(c) The Carver of the future.
(d) The Designer of the people.
13. What is the atmosphere in the Council Edifice as people gather for the singing of the Ruin song?
(a) Filled with wailing and sadness.
(b) Joyous and noisy.
(c) Solemn and respectful.
(d) Raucous and rowdy.
14. What unusual sound does Kira hear at the beginning of the Ruin song ceremony?
(a) A soft buzzing.
(b) A metallic scraping.
(c) An echoing ring.
(d) An electronic beeping.
15. What has been brought to the Edifice from Annabella's cott?
(a) Annabella's blue flowers.
(b) Annabella's dog.
(d) All of Annabella's dyeing materials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kira's friend Marlena work?
2. What comment does Jo have in Chapter 16 about the songs she sings?
3. What does Kira finish in Chapter 18?
4. Who has Kira not seen during her stay in the Edifice?
5. What does Jamison tell Kira in Chapter 14?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)