|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what thread does Kira wish she had?
(a) Blue thread.
(b) Purple thread.
(c) Silk thread.
(d) White thread.
2. What is the atmosphere in the Council Edifice as people gather for the singing of the Ruin song?
(a) Solemn and respectful.
(b) Filled with wailing and sadness.
(c) Joyous and noisy.
(d) Raucous and rowdy.
3. What comment does Marlena make about Jo?
(a) Her songs were not only beautiful, but prophetic.
(b) She was born a prophet.
(c) She is Jo's sister.
(d) Jo's parents had too many children to keep.
4. Where does Kira want Thomas to accompany her in Chapter 15?
(a) To the next village.
(b) To Annabella's cott.
(c) To Matt's cott.
(d) To Jo's room.
5. Where does Kira's friend Marlena work?
(a) In the weaving shed.
(b) In the Edifice.
(c) In the Fen.
(d) In the potter's shed.
6. What does Thomas finish in Chapter 18?
(a) The repairs to the Singer's staff.
(b) Exploring the Edifice.
(c) Kira's new cott.
(d) The repairs to the Singer's book.
7. How does the Ruin song begin?
(a) "In the beginning."
(b) "Listen, all ye people."
(c) "Here in this place."
(d) "As we all gather."
8. What do Kira and her friends hear a child doing while on the lower floor of the Edifice in Chapter 13?
9. While learning the plants used to create cloth dyes, what has Kira also been learning?
(a) How to read.
(b) How to sing.
(c) How to carve.
(d) How to tell the future.
10. Which character takes Kira's place in the weaving shed?
11. What area do Kira and Thomas pass as they look for Matt in Chapter 17?
(a) The potter's shed.
(b) Kira's old cott.
(c) The Field of Leaving.
(d) The weaver's shed.
12. Who walks through a storm to visit Kira?
(d) Matt and Branch.
13. Where are the parents of the child heard in Chapter 13?
(a) In the next village.
(b) Both are dead.
(c) In the Fen.
(d) In the village.
14. What revelation does Matt have about the beasts in the woods?
(a) They do not exist.
(b) They are tame.
(c) He has the power to control them.
(d) They fear light.
15. What does Kira give Jo as she tucks her into bed in Chapter 16?
(a) A hug.
(b) A kiss.
(c) An embroidered cloth doll.
(d) Her embroidered scrap of cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Kira in her room after she returns from her exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice?
2. What does Kira do while she waits for the storm in Chapter 12 to pass?
3. What does Jamison recite for Kira in Chapter 18?
4. How is Jo supposed to contact Thomas if she needs help?
5. What is unusual about Christopher's village?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)