|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of jewelry of does Kira find in Matt's bundle?
(a) Her father's ring.
(b) Her mother's bracelet.
(c) Her baby bracelet.
(d) Her mother's pendant.
2. Who visits Kira after lunch on her first day in the Edifice?
3. What does Kira do when Vandara and the village women leave?
(a) She cries.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She makes plans for the future.
(d) She throws a rock.
4. What does Kira sleep with the night after she is frightened along the path to Annabella's house?
(a) Her scrap of embroidered cloth.
(b) A child's doll.
(c) Her mother's scarf.
(d) A hunting knife.
5. Which character is waiting for Kira during the trial's lunch break in Chapter 4?
6. How does Kira learn the rituals of ceremony that are expected before the Council of Guardians?
(a) By listening to her mother.
(b) By reading about the rituals.
(c) By guessing.
(d) By watching similar events in the past.
7. Where is Kira's father in Chapter 1?
(a) At the cott.
(b) Hunting with the other men.
(c) In the Council Edifice.
(d) Missing and presumed dead.
8. What does Kira find destroyed in Chapter 2 when she returns home?
(a) Her garden.
(b) Her loom.
(c) Her roof.
(d) Her cott.
9. What does Matt attempt to take from Kira in Chapter 10?
(b) Her pendant.
(c) Her embroidered cloth.
(d) Her pillow.
10. Who accompanies Kira to Annabella's house in Chapter 8?
(a) No one.
(b) Matt and Branch.
11. What does Kira have in her new room that was not in her cott?
(a) A window.
(b) A closet.
(c) A lamp.
12. Where will the weaver with the broken arm probably be sent?
(a) To the healer.
(b) To the Council of Guardians.
(c) To the Field of Leaving.
(d) To the next village.
13. What do Vandara and the other women threaten Kira with in Chapter 2?
14. What has Matt never been given?
(a) A gift.
(b) A haircut.
(c) A spanking.
(d) A hug.
15. What do some of the villagers want to store on Kira's property?
(c) Small children and chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the members of the council respond to Kira's ritual actions in Chapter 3?
2. What does Kira realize she has never seen either dead or alive after she returns to the Edifice in Chapter 11?
3. Where does Kira's friend Matt live?
4. Which council member saw Kira's father die?
5. In Chapter 11, what frightens Kira as she walks to Annabella's house?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)