|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kira calm her nerves during the trial?
(a) By running her hands though her hair.
(b) By mentally reciting plant names and uses.
(c) By stroking an embroidered scrap of cloth.
(d) By rubbing her hands.
2. What other object of her mother's does Kira find in Matt's bundle?
(a) Her Bible.
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her wedding ring.
(d) Her threading frame.
3. Which character is waiting with Matt for Kira at the Edifice?
4. Where will the weaver with the broken arm probably be sent?
(a) To the healer.
(b) To the Field of Leaving.
(c) To the Council of Guardians.
(d) To the next village.
5. How is Vandara dressed as she presents herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is wearing a brightly colored smock.
(b) She is dressed in white linen.
(c) She is wearing an elaborately embroidered gown.
(d) She is dirty and barefoot.
6. What is brought to Kira's room on her first morning in the Edifice?
(a) Work tools.
(b) Bolts of brightly colored cloth.
(d) Pots of dye.
7. Who cuts Vandara off midway through her accusation?
(a) The council.
8. What does Matt do in Chapter 9 that worries Kira?
(a) Tries to find his father.
(b) Chooses a spear to go on a hunt.
(c) Searches for "blue".
(d) Travels to the next village.
9. What does Kira have in her new room that was not in her cott?
(a) A lamp.
(c) A closet.
(d) A window.
10. What do some of the villagers want to store on Kira's property?
(a) Small children and chickens.
11. How long does Kira have to complete her task for the Council of Guardians?
(a) Thirty days.
(b) A few months.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A year.
12. What does Kira realize she has never seen either dead or alive after she returns to the Edifice in Chapter 11?
(a) Blue flowers.
(b) A crippled person.
(c) A bear or a wolf.
(d) A beast.
13. What about Jamison amazes Kira?
(a) His ability to read.
(b) His ability to write.
(c) His speech.
(d) His intense blue eyes.
14. Who visits Kira after lunch on her first day in the Edifice?
15. Who are the tenders?
(a) Young boys who tend the flocks.
(b) Servants who care for the orphans in the Edifice.
(c) Acolytes who participate in religious ceremonies.
(d) Boys training to be Guardians.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what service does Jamison provide Kira?
2. What claim does Annabella make in Chapter 11 that shocks Kira?
3. What does Kira harvest from her mother's garden in Chapter 9?
4. Who does Kira confide in about her experience on the way to Annabella's house?
5. What reportedly caused Vandara's scar?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)