|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the weavers offer Kira at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Advice on her task.
(b) A seat at the empty loom.
(c) A new robe.
(d) Dyed threads.
2. Who visits Kira after lunch on her first day in the Edifice?
3. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She is an orphan.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is the defendant.
4. Where does Kira's friend Matt live?
(a) In the Edifice.
(b) In the village.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the Fen.
5. Which character is waiting for Kira during the trial's lunch break in Chapter 4?
6. What does Matt have inside the bundle he has for Kira in Chapter 6?
(a) Flower bulbs from her garden.
(b) Food for her journey.
(c) Items he removed from her cott before it was burned.
(d) A bundle of threads from her loom.
7. What crime has Vandara been accused of in the past?
(a) Murdering her mother.
(b) Poisoning her own child.
(c) Stealing cloth from the weavers.
(d) Poisioning her husband.
8. What is the Ruin Song?
(a) A song sung during the weekly religious ceremony.
(b) The oral history of Kira's people that is sung every decade.
(c) The oral history of Kira's people that is sung annually.
(d) The song sung by the men while they are on the Great Hunt.
9. Who is Kira thinking of as she drifts off to sleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her future.
10. Which council member saw Kira's father die?
11. What other object of her mother's does Kira find in Matt's bundle?
(a) Her Bible.
(b) Her wedding ring.
(c) Her threading frame.
(d) Her diary.
12. Why do Vandara and the other women think Kira is useless?
(a) Because Kira is unmarried.
(b) Because Kira is crippled.
(c) Because Kira has no visible talents.
(d) Because Kira cannot cook.
13. Who accompanies Kira to Annabella's house in Chapter 8?
(b) No one.
(d) Matt and Branch.
14. What color dye does Annabella not have?
15. What do Vandara and the other women threaten Kira with in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one tender assist Kira with on her first morning in the Edifice?
2. What is the woman in the garden doing in Chapter 2?
3. What does Matt fear Kira might be while living in the Edifice?
4. What are Matt and his friends doing while Kira is on trial?
5. What comforts Kira's aching fingers one evening in Chapter 9?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)