|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comforts Kira's aching fingers one evening in Chapter 9?
(a) Rubbing them in wool.
(b) Warm water from the bath.
(c) Her embroidered scrap of cloth.
(d) Ointment from her mother's belongings.
2. What does Kira harvest from her mother's garden in Chapter 9?
(a) Flowers for making blue dye.
(b) Onions, to make yellow.
(c) Plants used to create dyes.
(d) The rest of her carrots and potatoes.
3. Why does Kira decide to visit Annabella?
(a) To learn the process of dyeing cloth.
(b) To learn the secrets of the Guardians.
(c) Because Annabella is her grandmother.
(d) To find her father.
4. What deformity does Kira suffer from?
(a) A deformed spine.
(b) A crippled leg.
(c) A crippled arm.
5. What color are the threads in Kira's worktable drawer?
(b) All colors, except blue.
6. What does Annabella give Kira as a parting gift?
(a) Blue flowers.
(b) Colored threads.
(c) A plant.
(d) A blue handkerchief.
7. What piece of jewelry of does Kira find in Matt's bundle?
(a) Her mother's pendant.
(b) Her father's ring.
(c) Her mother's bracelet.
(d) Her baby bracelet.
8. What does Kira discover is still intact in Chapter 2 when she returns home?
(a) Her loom.
(b) Her garden.
(c) Her cott.
(d) Her well.
9. What does Kira plan to do in Chapter 1 once she returns to the home she shared with her mother?
(a) Salvage anything not destroyed by the fire and rebuild her home.
(b) Unpack her loom and begin weaving.
(c) Pack her belongings and search for her father.
(d) Salvage anything not taken by the villagers.
10. Why isn't Matt allowed to enter the Field of Leaving?
(a) He does not belong to the village.
(b) He was born under an unlucky omen.
(c) He has no relatives currently in the Field.
(d) He is too young.
11. Where is Kira's father in Chapter 1?
(a) In the Council Edifice.
(b) At the cott.
(c) Missing and presumed dead.
(d) Hunting with the other men.
12. What is in the large box that the council brings before Kira?
(a) The singer's hat.
(b) The singer's stole.
(c) The singer's cloak.
(d) The singer's robe.
13. What warning does Matt give Kira in Chapter 1?
(a) She should stay on the path in the woods.
(b) The Council of Guardians will take her property.
(c) Some of the villagers plan to raid her cott.
(d) Some of the villagers plan to force her away from the village.
14. Who cuts Vandara off midway through her accusation?
(c) The council.
15. Whom does Kira choose to serve as her defender?
(a) A family member.
(b) A council member.
(d) Her older cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Matt take some of Kira's belongings in Chapter 5?
2. What does Jamison do while Vandara is presenting her accusation?
3. What claim does Annabella make in Chapter 11 that shocks Kira?
4. In Chapter 3, when does the messenger arrive for Kira?
5. Where is Matt's father?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)