|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what service does Jamison provide Kira?
(a) He gives her water.
(b) He serves as her defender.
(c) He advises her defender.
(d) He provides her with lodging.
2. What does Annabella give Kira to help her calm down in Chapter 11?
(a) Herbs from her garden.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A scrap of embroidered cloth.
3. What crime has Vandara been accused of in the past?
(a) Stealing cloth from the weavers.
(b) Poisoning her own child.
(c) Poisioning her husband.
(d) Murdering her mother.
4. What does Jamison do while Vandara is presenting her accusation?
(c) Takes notes.
(d) Watches Kira.
5. What does Annabella give Kira as a parting gift?
(a) A blue handkerchief.
(b) Colored threads.
(c) Blue flowers.
(d) A plant.
6. What does Matt fear Kira might be while living in the Edifice?
(b) A servant.
(c) A mistress.
(d) A prisoner.
7. What does Thomas give Matt and Branch in Chapter 10?
(a) A haircut.
(b) A bath.
(c) A spanking.
(d) A toy.
8. What claim does Annabella make in Chapter 11 that shocks Kira?
(a) She will forge the future of their people.
(b) Jamison is her father.
(c) Blue dye does not exist.
(d) There are no beasts in the forest.
9. What object is Kira commanded by the Council of Guardians to mend?
(a) The singer's robe.
(b) The singer's cloak.
(c) The singer's stole.
(d) The singer's hat.
10. Whom does Kira choose to serve as her defender?
(a) Her older cousin.
(b) A council member.
(d) A family member.
11. What object comforts Thomas?
(a) A bit of wood he carved as a child.
(b) A wooden toy carved by his father.
(c) The embroidered scrap of cloth.
(d) The Singer's staff.
12. What comforts Kira as she falls asleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
(a) An embroidered scrap of cloth.
(b) Thoughts of her father.
(c) The sounds of the night.
(d) The smell of her mother's cloth.
13. Who does Kira confide in about her experience on the way to Annabella's house?
(d) No one.
14. What is brought to Kira's room on her first morning in the Edifice?
(a) Work tools.
(c) Pots of dye.
(d) Bolts of brightly colored cloth.
15. What shocks Kira about her new accommodations in the Edifice?
(a) The closets.
(b) The indoor plumbing.
(c) The electricity.
(d) The lamps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Kira after lunch on her first day in the Edifice?
2. In Chapter 3, when does the messenger arrive for Kira?
3. In Chapter 11, what frightens Kira as she walks to Annabella's house?
4. Who is Thomas?
5. Who are the tenders?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)