|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matt do in Chapter 9 that worries Kira?
(a) Chooses a spear to go on a hunt.
(b) Searches for "blue".
(c) Tries to find his father.
(d) Travels to the next village.
2. What did Kira show her mother just before she died?
(a) A woven scarf.
(b) A letter from her father.
(c) An intricately embroidered scrap of cloth.
(d) A new plant.
3. What do some of the villagers want to store on Kira's property?
(d) Small children and chickens.
4. What does Kira intend to do with the stains on her mother's skirt?
(a) Patch them.
(b) Wash them.
(c) Bleach them.
(d) Embroider around them.
5. Whom does Kira choose to serve as her defender?
(a) Her older cousin.
(b) A family member.
(d) A council member.
6. Where will the weaver with the broken arm probably be sent?
(a) To the next village.
(b) To the Field of Leaving.
(c) To the healer.
(d) To the Council of Guardians.
7. Which character is waiting for Kira during the trial's lunch break in Chapter 4?
8. What does Matt question Kira about in Chapter 1?
(a) The Field of Leaving.
(b) The council's decision.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) Her property.
9. What reportedly caused Vandara's scar?
(a) Her husband's beatings.
(b) A falling branch.
(c) A fire.
(d) An animal attack.
10. What does Vandara tell Kira in Chapter 2?
(a) She has claimed Kira's property.
(b) She will keep Kira as a daughter.
(c) She should leave the weaver's shed.
(d) Kira should run from the Council of Guardians.
11. What does Kira harvest from her mother's garden in Chapter 9?
(a) Plants used to create dyes.
(b) The rest of her carrots and potatoes.
(c) Flowers for making blue dye.
(d) Onions, to make yellow.
12. According to village custom, what happens to a person's property once he or she dies from illness?
(a) The Council of Guardians collects one-tenth of the property.
(b) All property and possessions are burned.
(c) All property and possessions are divided among the villagers.
(d) All property and possessions are divided among relatives.
13. What does Matt have inside the bundle he has for Kira in Chapter 6?
(a) Flower bulbs from her garden.
(b) Items he removed from her cott before it was burned.
(c) Food for her journey.
(d) A bundle of threads from her loom.
14. In Chapter 9, what does Kira recite as she works?
(a) The names of her ancestors.
(b) Ceremonial chants Jamison taught her.
(c) The names and uses of the plants Annabella taught her.
(d) Sections of the Ruin song.
15. What does Kira realize she has never seen either dead or alive after she returns to the Edifice in Chapter 11?
(a) A bear or a wolf.
(b) Blue flowers.
(c) A beast.
(d) A crippled person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other object of her mother's does Kira find in Matt's bundle?
2. How long does Kira have to complete her task for the Council of Guardians?
3. How did Thomas become an orphan?
4. Where does Kira travel at mid-morning in Chapter 3?
5. Where do the women of the village plan to take Kira?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)