|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kira confide in about her experience on the way to Annabella's house?
(d) No one.
2. Where will the injured weaver's children probably be sent?
(a) To the next village.
(b) To the Council of Guardians.
(c) To the Field of Leaving.
(d) To live with other women.
3. What does Kira intend to do with the stains on her mother's skirt?
(a) Embroider around them.
(b) Bleach them.
(c) Wash them.
(d) Patch them.
4. What verdict does the Council of Guardians render about Kira's case?
(a) Kira is to be sent to the next village.
(b) Kira is to stay in the Council Edifice and Vandara is given Kira's land.
(c) Vandara is to be sent to the Field of Leaving.
(d) Kira is to stay in the Council Edifice and the Guardians will take her property.
5. What does Kira plan to do in Chapter 1 once she returns to the home she shared with her mother?
(a) Salvage anything not taken by the villagers.
(b) Salvage anything not destroyed by the fire and rebuild her home.
(c) Unpack her loom and begin weaving.
(d) Pack her belongings and search for her father.
6. How does Kira learn the rituals of ceremony that are expected before the Council of Guardians?
(a) By watching similar events in the past.
(b) By guessing.
(c) By reading about the rituals.
(d) By listening to her mother.
7. What building does Kira visit after leaving the Council Edifice?
(a) The weaving shed.
(b) The potter's shed.
(c) Jamison's cott.
(d) Matt's cott.
8. What are Matt and his friends doing while Kira is on trial?
(a) Cooking a meal for Kira.
(b) Planning Kira's escape.
(c) Praying that Kira will not be put in the Field of Leaving.
(d) Gathering saplings to make her a new cott.
9. Who is waiting for Kira inside the Edifice in Chapter 6?
10. Where will the weaver with the broken arm probably be sent?
(a) To the Council of Guardians.
(b) To the Field of Leaving.
(c) To the healer.
(d) To the next village.
11. What shocks Kira about her new accommodations in the Edifice?
(a) The indoor plumbing.
(b) The lamps.
(c) The electricity.
(d) The closets.
12. Which council member saw Kira's father die?
13. Which character is waiting with Matt for Kira at the Edifice?
14. In Chapter 3, when does the messenger arrive for Kira?
(a) At dusk.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) At noon.
(d) At dawn.
15. Why does Kira only eat half of her meal provided during the trial in Chapter 4?
(a) She shares some of her meal with Matt.
(b) She is too nervous to eat.
(c) She has been accused of eating too much.
(d) She saves half of her meal for later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the villagers regard Kira with contempt?
2. Why does Kira decide to visit Annabella?
3. What gift does Thomas give Kira?
4. What does Matt attempt to take from Kira in Chapter 10?
5. What is worn during the singing of the Ruin Song?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)