|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kira thinking of as she drifts off to sleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
(b) Her future.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
2. How did Thomas become an orphan?
(a) His mother was killed by lightning and his father on a hunt.
(b) His mother abandoned him on the steps of the Edifice.
(c) Both of his parents were killed by lightning.
(d) Both of his parents died on a hunt.
3. What other object of her mother's does Kira find in Matt's bundle?
(a) Her Bible.
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her threading frame.
(d) Her wedding ring.
4. What does Kira eat the evening she returns from the Field of Leaving?
(a) Soup from Vandara's pot.
(b) Bread from Matt's house.
(d) Food from her garden.
5. What does Matt attempt to take from Kira in Chapter 10?
(a) Her pillow.
(b) Her pendant.
(d) Her embroidered cloth.
6. Where is Matt's father?
(a) In the Field of Leaving.
(b) As far as Matt knows, he does not have a father.
(c) In prison.
(d) In the Fen.
7. Which council member saw Kira's father die?
8. What is in the large box that the council brings before Kira?
(a) The singer's stole.
(b) The singer's hat.
(c) The singer's cloak.
(d) The singer's robe.
9. What is brought to Kira's room on her first morning in the Edifice?
(b) Work tools.
(c) Pots of dye.
(d) Bolts of brightly colored cloth.
10. What does Matt fear Kira might be while living in the Edifice?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) A mistress.
(d) A servant.
11. In Chapter 11, what frightens Kira as she walks to Annabella's house?
(a) The darkness of the forest.
(b) The howl of the wind.
(c) The whine of a child.
(d) The growl of a beast.
12. What does Kira plan to do in Chapter 1 once she returns to the home she shared with her mother?
(a) Salvage anything not taken by the villagers.
(b) Unpack her loom and begin weaving.
(c) Salvage anything not destroyed by the fire and rebuild her home.
(d) Pack her belongings and search for her father.
13. Who is Thomas?
(a) A young tender.
(b) Jamison's arch rival.
(c) A boy Kira's age who also lives in the Edifice.
(d) One of the Guardians.
14. Where does Kira travel at mid-morning in Chapter 3?
(a) The Council Edifice.
(b) Through the woods to the next village.
(c) The weaver's shed.
(d) Matt's cott.
15. What gift does Thomas give Kira?
(a) A colorful scarf.
(b) A hand mirror.
(c) A carved walking stick.
(d) An intricately carved box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will the injured weaver's children probably be sent?
2. Where do the women of the village plan to take Kira?
3. What does Kira have in her new room that was not in her cott?
4. What does Kira intend to do with the stains on her mother's skirt?
5. Why do Vandara and the other women think Kira is useless?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)