Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is worn during the singing of the Ruin Song?
(a) The singer's hat.
(b) The singer's stole.
(c) The singer's cloak.
(d) The singer's robe.
2. What does Matt offer to do for Kira in Chapter 6?
(a) Gather the remaining plants from her garden.
(b) Burn down Vandara's cott.
(c) Carry her possessions upstairs to her new quarters.
(d) Send a message to her father.
3. Who are the tenders?
(a) Young boys who tend the flocks.
(b) Servants who care for the orphans in the Edifice.
(c) Acolytes who participate in religious ceremonies.
(d) Boys training to be Guardians.
4. Why does Kira decide to visit Annabella?
(a) To learn the process of dyeing cloth.
(b) To find her father.
(c) Because Annabella is her grandmother.
(d) To learn the secrets of the Guardians.
5. What claim does Annabella make in Chapter 11 that shocks Kira?
(a) Jamison is her father.
(b) There are no beasts in the forest.
(c) Blue dye does not exist.
(d) She will forge the future of their people.
6. According to village custom, what happens to a person's property once he or she dies from illness?
(a) All property and possessions are divided among the villagers.
(b) The Council of Guardians collects one-tenth of the property.
(c) All property and possessions are divided among relatives.
(d) All property and possessions are burned.
7. Where is Matt's father?
(a) In the Fen.
(b) In the Field of Leaving.
(c) In prison.
(d) As far as Matt knows, he does not have a father.
8. Where does Kira decide to go on her first morning in the Edifice?
(a) To the weaver's shed.
(b) Back to her old cott.
(c) To a stream to wash up.
(d) To the next village.
9. What building does Kira visit after leaving the Council Edifice?
(a) The weaving shed.
(b) Matt's cott.
(c) The potter's shed.
(d) Jamison's cott.
10. What does Kira have in her new room that was not in her cott?
(a) A lamp.
(c) A window.
(d) A closet.
11. What does Matt fear Kira might be while living in the Edifice?
(a) A prisoner.
(c) A servant.
(d) A mistress.
12. Where do the women of the village plan to take Kira?
(a) Before the Council of Guardians.
(b) To the next village.
(c) To the Field of Leaving.
(d) To the woods.
13. What does Kira eat the evening she returns from the Field of Leaving?
(a) Soup from Vandara's pot.
(c) Food from her garden.
(d) Bread from Matt's house.
14. Which council member saw Kira's father die?
15. Why does Matt take some of Kira's belongings in Chapter 5?
(a) Because the Council ordered him to take her property to the Edifice.
(b) It is a part of the village's custom.
(c) To sell them and earn money for Kira's defense.
(d) To save them from being burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
2. What do some of the villagers want to build on Kira's property?
3. What is Kira's job in the Edifice?
4. What does Matt do in Chapter 9 that worries Kira?
5. What color dye does Annabella not have?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)