|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She is an orphan.
(d) She is the defendant.
2. What color dye does Annabella not have?
3. What gift does Thomas give Kira?
(a) A colorful scarf.
(b) A hand mirror.
(c) A carved walking stick.
(d) An intricately carved box.
4. What crime has Vandara been accused of in the past?
(a) Poisoning her own child.
(b) Murdering her mother.
(c) Poisioning her husband.
(d) Stealing cloth from the weavers.
5. Which character is waiting for Kira during the trial's lunch break in Chapter 4?
6. What does Kira do when Vandara and the village women leave?
(a) She throws a rock.
(b) She makes plans for the future.
(c) She cries.
(d) She runs away.
7. What warning does Jamison give Kira about traveling in the woods?
(a) Travel only during the day.
(b) Avoid the blue flowers.
(c) Stay on the path.
(d) Always travel with someone else.
8. Who is Kira thinking of as she drifts off to sleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her future.
(d) Her father.
9. What does one tender assist Kira with on her first morning in the Edifice?
(a) Finding her way to the kitchen.
(b) The maze of hallways in the Edifice.
(c) The operation of the bathroom.
(d) The daily ceremonial rituals.
10. What warning does Matt give Kira in Chapter 1?
(a) The Council of Guardians will take her property.
(b) Some of the villagers plan to raid her cott.
(c) Some of the villagers plan to force her away from the village.
(d) She should stay on the path in the woods.
11. In the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Kira in the Field of Leaving?
(a) She is searching for her mother's body.
(b) She is waiting for her mother's spirit to leave its body.
(c) She is waiting for her father's spirit to leave its body.
(d) She is searching for her father's body.
12. What does Kira do when she is threatened by Vandara and the other women in Chapter 2?
(a) She hides in the Council Edifice.
(b) She runs and hides in Matt's cott.
(c) She claims her right to a hearing before the Council of Guardians.
(d) She fights back with a stone knife.
13. Why does Matt take some of Kira's belongings in Chapter 5?
(a) It is a part of the village's custom.
(b) Because the Council ordered him to take her property to the Edifice.
(c) To sell them and earn money for Kira's defense.
(d) To save them from being burned.
14. What does Vandara tell Kira in Chapter 2?
(a) She will keep Kira as a daughter.
(b) Kira should run from the Council of Guardians.
(c) She has claimed Kira's property.
(d) She should leave the weaver's shed.
15. Who visits Kira after lunch on her first day in the Edifice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman in the garden doing in Chapter 2?
2. What is the Ruin Song?
3. Why isn't Matt allowed to enter the Field of Leaving?
4. What reportedly caused Vandara's scar?
5. What does Jamison do while Vandara is presenting her accusation?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)