|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of the villagers want to store on Kira's property?
(a) Small children and chickens.
2. What does Matt attempt to take from Kira in Chapter 10?
(b) Her pendant.
(c) Her embroidered cloth.
(d) Her pillow.
3. What other object of her mother's does Kira find in Matt's bundle?
(a) Her diary.
(b) Her Bible.
(c) Her threading frame.
(d) Her wedding ring.
4. Who are the tenders?
(a) Acolytes who participate in religious ceremonies.
(b) Boys training to be Guardians.
(c) Servants who care for the orphans in the Edifice.
(d) Young boys who tend the flocks.
5. What does Kira do when she is threatened by Vandara and the other women in Chapter 2?
(a) She claims her right to a hearing before the Council of Guardians.
(b) She hides in the Council Edifice.
(c) She fights back with a stone knife.
(d) She runs and hides in Matt's cott.
6. What does Annabella give Kira as a parting gift?
(a) A plant.
(b) A blue handkerchief.
(c) Blue flowers.
(d) Colored threads.
7. Who is waiting for Kira inside the Edifice in Chapter 6?
8. What verdict does the Council of Guardians render about Kira's case?
(a) Vandara is to be sent to the Field of Leaving.
(b) Kira is to stay in the Council Edifice and the Guardians will take her property.
(c) Kira is to be sent to the next village.
(d) Kira is to stay in the Council Edifice and Vandara is given Kira's land.
9. What does Kira do when Vandara and the village women leave?
(a) She makes plans for the future.
(b) She throws a rock.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She cries.
10. Why isn't Matt allowed to enter the Field of Leaving?
(a) He has no relatives currently in the Field.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He was born under an unlucky omen.
(d) He does not belong to the village.
11. What about Jamison amazes Kira?
(a) His ability to write.
(b) His intense blue eyes.
(c) His speech.
(d) His ability to read.
12. How did Kira's father reportedly die?
(a) Beasts attacked him and dragged him away while he was hunting.
(b) He fell out of a boat and drowned.
(c) He fell off a cliff while he was hunting.
(d) He drowned in the river while he was fishing.
13. What does Kira harvest from her mother's garden in Chapter 9?
(a) Plants used to create dyes.
(b) Onions, to make yellow.
(c) Flowers for making blue dye.
(d) The rest of her carrots and potatoes.
14. What comforts Kira's aching fingers one evening in Chapter 9?
(a) Rubbing them in wool.
(b) Her embroidered scrap of cloth.
(c) Ointment from her mother's belongings.
(d) Warm water from the bath.
15. How does Kira learn the rituals of ceremony that are expected before the Council of Guardians?
(a) By watching similar events in the past.
(b) By reading about the rituals.
(c) By listening to her mother.
(d) By guessing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Thomas give Kira?
2. What does Kira have in her new room that was not in her cott?
3. What does Annabella give Kira to help her calm down in Chapter 11?
4. What does Thomas give Matt and Branch in Chapter 10?
5. Whom does Kira choose to serve as her defender?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)