|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Matt give Kira in Chapter 1?
(a) Some of the villagers plan to raid her cott.
(b) Some of the villagers plan to force her away from the village.
(c) She should stay on the path in the woods.
(d) The Council of Guardians will take her property.
2. What does Jamison do while Vandara is presenting her accusation?
(a) Takes notes.
(b) Watches Kira.
3. How does Kira calm her nerves during the trial?
(a) By stroking an embroidered scrap of cloth.
(b) By rubbing her hands.
(c) By running her hands though her hair.
(d) By mentally reciting plant names and uses.
4. What does Matt attempt to take from Kira in Chapter 10?
(b) Her embroidered cloth.
(c) Her pendant.
(d) Her pillow.
5. What is Thomas' job in the Edifice?
(a) To carve intricate items out of wood.
(b) To serve the residents of the Edifice.
(c) To tend the flocks of the Guardians.
(d) To teach others to read.
6. What is Kira's job in the Edifice?
(a) To embroider the Singer's cloak.
(b) To repair and maintain the Singer's robe.
(c) To repair the Singer's hat.
(d) To knit the Ruin Singer a new stole.
7. What does Annabella teach?
(a) The art of weaving.
(b) Reading and writing.
(c) The arts of cloth craft and dyeing.
(d) Ceremonial dance.
8. What does the headquarters of the Council of Guardians resemble?
(a) A bank.
(b) A church.
(c) A library.
(d) A skyscraper.
9. What is the woman in the garden doing in Chapter 2?
(a) Stealing carrots.
(b) Stealing flowers.
(c) Hoeing weeds.
(d) Digging potatoes.
10. Which character is waiting for Kira during the trial's lunch break in Chapter 4?
11. How long does Kira have to complete her task for the Council of Guardians?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A year.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) A few months.
12. By law, what punishment does Kira's society give for murder?
(b) Death of the murderer.
(c) 40 lashes with a whip.
(d) Imprisionment for life.
13. Why does Kira decide to visit Annabella?
(a) To find her father.
(b) To learn the secrets of the Guardians.
(c) Because Annabella is her grandmother.
(d) To learn the process of dyeing cloth.
14. According to village custom, what happens to a person's property once he or she dies from illness?
(a) All property and possessions are divided among relatives.
(b) All property and possessions are burned.
(c) The Council of Guardians collects one-tenth of the property.
(d) All property and possessions are divided among the villagers.
15. What does Kira realize she has never seen either dead or alive after she returns to the Edifice in Chapter 11?
(a) A bear or a wolf.
(b) A beast.
(c) A crippled person.
(d) Blue flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kira show her mother just before she died?
2. What do some of the villagers want to store on Kira's property?
3. What building does Kira visit after leaving the Council Edifice?
4. Who does Kira confide in about her experience on the way to Annabella's house?
5. What gift does Thomas give Kira?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)