Short Answer Questions Key
1. What deformity does Kira suffer from?
A crippled leg.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Kira in the Field of Leaving?
She is waiting for her mother's spirit to leave its body.
3. Where is Kira's father in Chapter 1?
Missing and presumed dead.
4. Why do the villagers regard Kira with contempt?
According to custom, she was supposed to be destroyed at birth.
5. According to village custom, what happens to a person's property once he or she dies from illness?
All property and possessions are burned.
This section contains 4,843 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)