|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comforts Kira's aching fingers one evening in Chapter 9?
(a) Warm water from the bath.
(b) Rubbing them in wool.
(c) Ointment from her mother's belongings.
(d) Her embroidered scrap of cloth.
2. According to village custom, what happens to a person's property once he or she dies from illness?
(a) All property and possessions are burned.
(b) All property and possessions are divided among relatives.
(c) All property and possessions are divided among the villagers.
(d) The Council of Guardians collects one-tenth of the property.
3. In Chapter 3, when does the messenger arrive for Kira?
(a) At dusk.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) At noon.
(d) At dawn.
4. Which character is waiting for Kira during the trial's lunch break in Chapter 4?
5. What unusual sound does Kira hear at the beginning of the Ruin song ceremony?
(a) A soft buzzing.
(b) An electronic beeping.
(c) A metallic scraping.
(d) An echoing ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kira eat the evening she returns from the Field of Leaving?
2. What does Kira intend to do with the stains on her mother's skirt?
3. Who accompanies Kira to her room after the Ruin song is over?
4. Who accompanies Kira to Annabella's house in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 16, what is Jo doing in her room when Thomas and Kira find her?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)