|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 17, how long has Matt been missing?
(a) Nine days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) A month.
2. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She is the defendant.
(d) She is an orphan.
3. Who is Thomas?
(a) One of the Guardians.
(b) A boy Kira's age who also lives in the Edifice.
(c) A young tender.
(d) Jamison's arch rival.
4. Whom does Kira choose to serve as her defender?
(a) A council member.
(b) A family member.
(d) Her older cousin.
5. What is Kira's job in the Edifice?
(a) To embroider the Singer's cloak.
(b) To repair the Singer's hat.
(c) To knit the Ruin Singer a new stole.
(d) To repair and maintain the Singer's robe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas recall from his childhood in the Edifice?
2. In Chapter 9, what does Kira recite as she works?
3. Who does Kira speak to through a door keyhole?
4. What gift does Thomas give Kira?
5. Where does Christopher ask Kira to go?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)