|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the atmosphere in the Council Edifice as people gather for the singing of the Ruin song?
(a) Solemn and respectful.
(b) Raucous and rowdy.
(c) Filled with wailing and sadness.
(d) Joyous and noisy.
2. What do some of the villagers want to build on Kira's property?
(a) A corral.
(b) A weaving shed.
(c) A new cott.
(d) A bonfire.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 13, whose voice do Kira and her friends hear speaking harshly in the lower floor of the Edifice?
(a) Annabella's voice.
(b) Jamison's voice.
(c) An unknown man's voice.
(d) Christopher's voice.
4. What are Matt and his friends doing while Kira is on trial?
(a) Gathering saplings to make her a new cott.
(b) Cooking a meal for Kira.
(c) Praying that Kira will not be put in the Field of Leaving.
(d) Planning Kira's escape.
5. What does Jamison expect Kira to tell everyone with her needle and thread?
(a) Whatever the guardians say.
(b) Her story.
(c) The future.
(d) The past.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Matt describe the people he met on his journey?
2. Where do the women of the village plan to take Kira?
3. Where will the weaver with the broken arm probably be sent?
4. What does Thomas finish in Chapter 18?
5. Which character is waiting with Matt for Kira at the Edifice?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)