|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annabella teach?
(a) The arts of cloth craft and dyeing.
(b) Ceremonial dance.
(c) The art of weaving.
(d) Reading and writing.
2. What unusual sound does Kira hear at the beginning of the Ruin song ceremony?
(a) An electronic beeping.
(b) A metallic scraping.
(c) A soft buzzing.
(d) An echoing ring.
3. What claim does Thomas make about his and Kira's parents in Chapter 13?
(a) They were the only good people in the world.
(b) Their deaths may be suspicious.
(c) They may still be alive.
(d) They abandoned their children on purpose.
4. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is the defendant.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She is an orphan.
(d) She is too young.
5. Why do Vandara and the other women think Kira is useless?
(a) Because Kira is unmarried.
(b) Because Kira is crippled.
(c) Because Kira cannot cook.
(d) Because Kira has no visible talents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is brought to Kira's room on her first morning in the Edifice?
2. What do Vandara and the other women threaten Kira with in Chapter 2?
3. What do Thomas and Kira bring with them as they visit Jo in Chapter 16?
4. What does Matt offer to do for Kira in Chapter 6?
5. What color dye does Annabella not have?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)