|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the women of the village plan to take Kira?
(a) To the woods.
(b) Before the Council of Guardians.
(c) To the Field of Leaving.
(d) To the next village.
2. What is the Ruin Song?
(a) The oral history of Kira's people that is sung annually.
(b) The song sung by the men while they are on the Great Hunt.
(c) A song sung during the weekly religious ceremony.
(d) The oral history of Kira's people that is sung every decade.
3. What infirmity does the stranger waiting in Kira's room after the singing of the Ruin song have?
(a) A crippled leg.
(b) A mauled face.
4. What does Kira do while she waits for the storm in Chapter 12 to pass?
(a) Cleans the bathroom.
(b) Explores the Edifice with her friends.
(c) Embroiders her mother's dress.
5. Which council member knew Kira's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Thomas become an orphan?
2. What does Kira intend to do with the stains on her mother's skirt?
3. According to local law, who may be appointed to defend Kira?
4. Who visits Kira after lunch on her first day in the Edifice?
5. What is in the large box that the council brings before Kira?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)