|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Thomas?
(a) Jamison's arch rival.
(b) One of the Guardians.
(c) A young tender.
(d) A boy Kira's age who also lives in the Edifice.
2. How does Thomas open the locks in the Edifice?
(a) With a stolen key.
(b) With a metal stick.
(c) With a key he carved.
(d) By unscrewing the lock faces.
3. What comment does Jo have in Chapter 16 about the songs she sings?
(a) She loves to sing for Jamison.
(b) She does not enjoy singing the songs the Guardians teach her.
(c) She doesn't learn songs, she just "knows" them.
(d) Her songs are sung to her by a bluebird.
4. What is in the large box that the council brings before Kira?
(a) The singer's hat.
(b) The singer's robe.
(c) The singer's stole.
(d) The singer's cloak.
5. What object is Kira commanded by the Council of Guardians to mend?
(a) The singer's stole.
(b) The singer's cloak.
(c) The singer's robe.
(d) The singer's hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of the villagers want to store on Kira's property?
2. Why do Vandara and the other women think Kira is useless?
3. In Chapter 16, what is Jo doing in her room when Thomas and Kira find her?
4. What gift does Thomas give Kira?
5. What does Kira do while she waits for the storm in Chapter 12 to pass?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)