|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object comforts Thomas?
(a) The embroidered scrap of cloth.
(b) A wooden toy carved by his father.
(c) A bit of wood he carved as a child.
(d) The Singer's staff.
2. What do Vandara and the other women threaten Kira with in Chapter 2?
3. What does Jamison question Kira about in Chapter 5?
(a) Her memories of her father.
(b) Her friend, Matt.
(c) Her knowledge of reading and writing.
(d) Her skills and the training she received from her mother.
4. What does Kira discover is still intact in Chapter 2 when she returns home?
(a) Her loom.
(b) Her cott.
(c) Her garden.
(d) Her well.
5. In Chapter 12, what sound has Thomas heard at night?
(a) An electronic humming.
(b) A metallic scraping.
(c) An eerie singing.
(d) A crying child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being constructed for Kira at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. What does Thomas give Matt and Branch in Chapter 10?
3. What verdict does the Council of Guardians render about Kira's case?
4. Where do the women of the village plan to take Kira?
5. What does Matt do in Chapter 9 that worries Kira?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)