|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime has Vandara been accused of in the past?
(a) Stealing cloth from the weavers.
(b) Poisoning her own child.
(c) Murdering her mother.
(d) Poisioning her husband.
2. Which council member saw Kira's father die?
3. What does one tender assist Kira with on her first morning in the Edifice?
(a) The maze of hallways in the Edifice.
(b) The operation of the bathroom.
(c) The daily ceremonial rituals.
(d) Finding her way to the kitchen.
4. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is an orphan.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She is the defendant.
(d) She is too young.
5. What is brought to Kira's room on her first morning in the Edifice?
(a) Work tools.
(c) Pots of dye.
(d) Bolts of brightly colored cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison tell Kira in Chapter 14?
2. What are Matt and his friends doing while Kira is on trial?
3. How does Kira learn the rituals of ceremony that are expected before the Council of Guardians?
4. What is being constructed for Kira at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. What object comforts Thomas?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)