|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matt offer to do for Kira in Chapter 6?
(a) Burn down Vandara's cott.
(b) Gather the remaining plants from her garden.
(c) Carry her possessions upstairs to her new quarters.
(d) Send a message to her father.
2. Why do the villagers regard Kira with contempt?
(a) She has no useful skill or ability.
(b) She is living alone and unmarried.
(c) According to custom, she was supposed to be sent away.
(d) According to custom, she was supposed to be destroyed at birth.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 17, how long has Matt been missing?
(a) A month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Nine days.
(d) Two days.
4. What deformity does Kira suffer from?
(b) A crippled leg.
(c) A crippled arm.
(d) A deformed spine.
5. How does Kira learn the rituals of ceremony that are expected before the Council of Guardians?
(a) By listening to her mother.
(b) By reading about the rituals.
(c) By watching similar events in the past.
(d) By guessing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kira's friend Matt live?
2. Which character takes Kira's place in the weaving shed?
3. What does Matt cover his body with in Chapter 10?
4. What valuable skill does Kira believe Matt possesses?
5. What is in the large box that the council brings before Kira?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)