|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is allowed to speak first before the Council of Guardians in Chapter 3?
2. What comforts Kira as she falls asleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
(a) The smell of her mother's cloth.
(b) An embroidered scrap of cloth.
(c) The sounds of the night.
(d) Thoughts of her father.
3. Why do the villagers regard Kira with contempt?
(a) She has no useful skill or ability.
(b) According to custom, she was supposed to be destroyed at birth.
(c) According to custom, she was supposed to be sent away.
(d) She is living alone and unmarried.
4. Who does Matt see in the Field of Leaving in Chapter 14?
5. Why isn't Matt allowed to enter the Field of Leaving?
(a) He has no relatives currently in the Field.
(b) He was born under an unlucky omen.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He does not belong to the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift do Kira and Thomas give Matt in Chapter 10?
2. What has been brought to the Edifice from Annabella's cott?
3. In Chapter 12, what thread does Kira wish she had?
4. What does Kira discover is still intact in Chapter 2 when she returns home?
5. What object comforts Thomas?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)