|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Kira choose to serve as her defender?
(a) A council member.
(c) A family member.
(d) Her older cousin.
2. According to village custom, what happens to a person's property once he or she dies from illness?
(a) All property and possessions are divided among relatives.
(b) All property and possessions are divided among the villagers.
(c) The Council of Guardians collects one-tenth of the property.
(d) All property and possessions are burned.
3. What comment does Marlena make about Jo?
(a) Jo's parents had too many children to keep.
(b) Her songs were not only beautiful, but prophetic.
(c) She was born a prophet.
(d) She is Jo's sister.
4. How do the members of the council respond to Kira's ritual actions in Chapter 3?
(a) They frown.
(b) They nod their approval.
(c) They scold her for her clumsiness.
(d) They chuckle.
5. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is the defendant.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She is an orphan.
(d) She is too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, when does the messenger arrive for Kira?
2. What do Thomas and Kira bring with them as they visit Jo in Chapter 16?
3. What deformity does Kira suffer from?
4. What does Kira harvest from her mother's garden in Chapter 9?
5. What does Kira do when she is threatened by Vandara and the other women in Chapter 2?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)