|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the villagers regard Kira with contempt?
(a) She is living alone and unmarried.
(b) She has no useful skill or ability.
(c) According to custom, she was supposed to be destroyed at birth.
(d) According to custom, she was supposed to be sent away.
2. After her visit to Jo in Chapter 16, what does Kira do once she is back in her own bed?
(a) Plans their escape.
(d) Reads a book of history.
3. What gift does Thomas give Kira?
(a) An intricately carved box.
(b) A hand mirror.
(c) A carved walking stick.
(d) A colorful scarf.
4. What does Matt offer to do for Kira in Chapter 6?
(a) Send a message to her father.
(b) Carry her possessions upstairs to her new quarters.
(c) Gather the remaining plants from her garden.
(d) Burn down Vandara's cott.
5. What do some of the villagers want to build on Kira's property?
(a) A new cott.
(b) A weaving shed.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A corral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas recall from his childhood in the Edifice?
2. What verdict does the Council of Guardians render about Kira's case?
3. What has been brought to the Edifice from Annabella's cott?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Kira in the Field of Leaving?
5. Who does Kira confide in about her experience on the way to Annabella's house?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)