|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Thomas' job in the Edifice?
(a) To serve the residents of the Edifice.
(b) To tend the flocks of the Guardians.
(c) To carve intricate items out of wood.
(d) To teach others to read.
2. What does Thomas recall from his childhood in the Edifice?
(a) He was locked in his room when he was a little boy.
(b) He was taught to carve wood by a blind man.
(c) He never went outside the Edifice.
(d) He was taught to read by a blind man.
3. What does Vandara tell Kira in Chapter 2?
(a) She will keep Kira as a daughter.
(b) She has claimed Kira's property.
(c) She should leave the weaver's shed.
(d) Kira should run from the Council of Guardians.
4. What does Kira plan to do in Chapter 1 once she returns to the home she shared with her mother?
(a) Salvage anything not taken by the villagers.
(b) Salvage anything not destroyed by the fire and rebuild her home.
(c) Pack her belongings and search for her father.
(d) Unpack her loom and begin weaving.
5. What does Kira harvest from her mother's garden in Chapter 9?
(a) Onions, to make yellow.
(b) Flowers for making blue dye.
(c) Plants used to create dyes.
(d) The rest of her carrots and potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other object of her mother's does Kira find in Matt's bundle?
2. Where will the injured weaver's children probably be sent?
3. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
4. After her visit to Jo in Chapter 16, what does Kira do once she is back in her own bed?
5. What warning does Jamison give Kira about traveling in the woods?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)