|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kira calm her nerves during the trial?
(a) By mentally reciting plant names and uses.
(b) By rubbing her hands.
(c) By running her hands though her hair.
(d) By stroking an embroidered scrap of cloth.
2. What does Matt cover his body with in Chapter 10?
(c) Swamp grass.
3. Where does Kira want Thomas to accompany her in Chapter 15?
(a) To Matt's cott.
(b) To Jo's room.
(c) To Annabella's cott.
(d) To the next village.
4. What does Kira plan to do in Chapter 1 once she returns to the home she shared with her mother?
(a) Salvage anything not taken by the villagers.
(b) Salvage anything not destroyed by the fire and rebuild her home.
(c) Unpack her loom and begin weaving.
(d) Pack her belongings and search for her father.
5. What is worn during the singing of the Ruin Song?
(a) The singer's cloak.
(b) The singer's stole.
(c) The singer's hat.
(d) The singer's robe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
2. How many men are on the Council of Guardians?
3. Who is waiting for Kira inside the Edifice in Chapter 6?
4. What deformity does Kira suffer from?
5. Why isn't Kira allowed to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)