|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What verdict does the Council of Guardians render about Kira's case?
(a) Kira is to stay in the Council Edifice and Vandara is given Kira's land.
(b) Kira is to stay in the Council Edifice and the Guardians will take her property.
(c) Kira is to be sent to the next village.
(d) Vandara is to be sent to the Field of Leaving.
2. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is an orphan.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is the defendant.
3. What does Jamison question Kira about in Chapter 5?
(a) Her knowledge of reading and writing.
(b) Her friend, Matt.
(c) Her memories of her father.
(d) Her skills and the training she received from her mother.
4. What is Kira's job in the Edifice?
(a) To embroider the Singer's cloak.
(b) To knit the Ruin Singer a new stole.
(c) To repair the Singer's hat.
(d) To repair and maintain the Singer's robe.
5. Where does Kira's friend Matt live?
(a) In the Edifice.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the village.
(d) In the Fen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt fear Kira might be while living in the Edifice?
2. What warning does Matt give Kira in Chapter 1?
3. What does Kira give Jo as she tucks her into bed in Chapter 16?
4. Which character is waiting for Kira during the trial's lunch break in Chapter 4?
5. Which character is allowed to speak first before the Council of Guardians in Chapter 3?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)