|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kira do while she waits for the storm in Chapter 12 to pass?
(b) Embroiders her mother's dress.
(c) Cleans the bathroom.
(d) Explores the Edifice with her friends.
2. What does Jamison question Kira about in Chapter 5?
(a) Her friend, Matt.
(b) Her skills and the training she received from her mother.
(c) Her memories of her father.
(d) Her knowledge of reading and writing.
3. What does Kira harvest from her mother's garden in Chapter 9?
(a) The rest of her carrots and potatoes.
(b) Flowers for making blue dye.
(c) Plants used to create dyes.
(d) Onions, to make yellow.
4. Who are the tenders?
(a) Young boys who tend the flocks.
(b) Servants who care for the orphans in the Edifice.
(c) Boys training to be Guardians.
(d) Acolytes who participate in religious ceremonies.
5. What does Kira intend to do with the stains on her mother's skirt?
(a) Patch them.
(b) Embroider around them.
(c) Bleach them.
(d) Wash them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one tender assist Kira with on her first morning in the Edifice?
2. What comforts Kira's aching fingers one evening in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 3, when does the messenger arrive for Kira?
4. How does Kira calm her nerves during the trial?
5. Why does Kira only eat half of her meal provided during the trial in Chapter 4?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)