|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the villagers regard Kira with contempt?
(a) She is living alone and unmarried.
(b) She has no useful skill or ability.
(c) According to custom, she was supposed to be destroyed at birth.
(d) According to custom, she was supposed to be sent away.
2. What color dye does Annabella not have?
3. Why isn't Kira allowed to watch over Annabella's body in the Field of Leaving?
(a) She cannot travel outside the Edifice until after the Ruin Song.
(b) Jamison tells her she doesn't have time to spare.
(c) Matt is already in the Field watching over Annabella.
(d) Jamison tells her she will be tainted for the ceremony.
4. Where will the injured weaver's children probably be sent?
(a) To live with other women.
(b) To the Field of Leaving.
(c) To the next village.
(d) To the Council of Guardians.
5. What does Vandara tell Kira in Chapter 2?
(a) She has claimed Kira's property.
(b) She should leave the weaver's shed.
(c) She will keep Kira as a daughter.
(d) Kira should run from the Council of Guardians.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to local law, who may be appointed to defend Kira?
2. Where will the weaver with the broken arm probably be sent?
3. What claim does Thomas make about his and Kira's parents in Chapter 13?
4. What is brought to Kira's room on her first morning in the Edifice?
5. What has been brought to the Edifice from Annabella's cott?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)