|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, when does the messenger arrive for Kira?
(a) In the middle of the night.
(b) At noon.
(c) At dawn.
(d) At dusk.
2. How is Vandara dressed as she presents herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is dressed in white linen.
(b) She is dirty and barefoot.
(c) She is wearing an elaborately embroidered gown.
(d) She is wearing a brightly colored smock.
3. What does Kira realize she has never seen either dead or alive after she returns to the Edifice in Chapter 11?
(a) A crippled person.
(b) A bear or a wolf.
(c) A beast.
(d) Blue flowers.
4. Why doesn't Kira look at the list of names Thomas writes down?
(a) In her society, women are forbidden to learn how to read.
(b) She is looking at his blue eyes.
(c) She is embarassed to be unable to read.
(d) She is distracted by a metallic scraping sound.
5. What do the weavers offer Kira at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A seat at the empty loom.
(b) Dyed threads.
(c) A new robe.
(d) Advice on her task.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Thomas become an orphan?
2. What does Kira have in her new room that was not in her cott?
3. What does Kira give Jo as she tucks her into bed in Chapter 16?
4. Why isn't Matt allowed to enter the Field of Leaving?
5. Who cuts Vandara off midway through her accusation?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)