|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kira calm her nerves during the trial?
(a) By running her hands though her hair.
(b) By stroking an embroidered scrap of cloth.
(c) By mentally reciting plant names and uses.
(d) By rubbing her hands.
2. By law, what punishment does Kira's society give for murder?
(b) Death of the murderer.
(c) 40 lashes with a whip.
(d) Imprisionment for life.
3. How did Kira's father reportedly die?
(a) He fell off a cliff while he was hunting.
(b) He drowned in the river while he was fishing.
(c) He fell out of a boat and drowned.
(d) Beasts attacked him and dragged him away while he was hunting.
4. Where does Kira decide to go on her first morning in the Edifice?
(a) To the next village.
(b) Back to her old cott.
(c) To a stream to wash up.
(d) To the weaver's shed.
5. What is the woman in the garden doing in Chapter 2?
(a) Stealing flowers.
(b) Digging potatoes.
(c) Hoeing weeds.
(d) Stealing carrots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What deformity does Kira suffer from?
2. Where is Matt's father?
3. How does Kira learn the rituals of ceremony that are expected before the Council of Guardians?
4. Who visits Kira after lunch on her first day in the Edifice?
5. Which council member knew Kira's father?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)