|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Kira recite as she works?
(a) Ceremonial chants Jamison taught her.
(b) Sections of the Ruin song.
(c) The names and uses of the plants Annabella taught her.
(d) The names of her ancestors.
2. How does Kira learn the rituals of ceremony that are expected before the Council of Guardians?
(a) By reading about the rituals.
(b) By watching similar events in the past.
(c) By guessing.
(d) By listening to her mother.
3. What reportedly caused Vandara's scar?
(a) A fire.
(b) A falling branch.
(c) Her husband's beatings.
(d) An animal attack.
4. Where will the weaver with the broken arm probably be sent?
(a) To the next village.
(b) To the Field of Leaving.
(c) To the healer.
(d) To the Council of Guardians.
5. Who gave the pendant to Kira's mother?
(c) The Council of Guardians,
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kira eat the evening she returns from the Field of Leaving?
2. What do some of the villagers want to build on Kira's property?
3. By law, what punishment does Kira's society give for murder?
4. What verdict does the Council of Guardians render about Kira's case?
5. What comforts Kira as she falls asleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)