|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vandara tell Kira in Chapter 2?
(a) She will keep Kira as a daughter.
(b) Kira should run from the Council of Guardians.
(c) She should leave the weaver's shed.
(d) She has claimed Kira's property.
2. What verdict does the Council of Guardians render about Kira's case?
(a) Kira is to be sent to the next village.
(b) Kira is to stay in the Council Edifice and Vandara is given Kira's land.
(c) Kira is to stay in the Council Edifice and the Guardians will take her property.
(d) Vandara is to be sent to the Field of Leaving.
3. What object comforts Thomas?
(a) A wooden toy carved by his father.
(b) The Singer's staff.
(c) The embroidered scrap of cloth.
(d) A bit of wood he carved as a child.
4. What does Annabella teach?
(a) The arts of cloth craft and dyeing.
(b) The art of weaving.
(c) Reading and writing.
(d) Ceremonial dance.
5. Who is Thomas?
(a) A boy Kira's age who also lives in the Edifice.
(b) One of the Guardians.
(c) A young tender.
(d) Jamison's arch rival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Thomas give Kira?
2. What reportedly caused Vandara's scar?
3. What does Matt do in Chapter 9 that worries Kira?
4. According to village custom, what happens to a person's property once he or she dies from illness?
5. What does Matt cover his body with in Chapter 10?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)