|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She is the defendant.
(c) She is an orphan.
(d) She is a woman.
2. Where does Kira travel at mid-morning in Chapter 3?
(a) The Council Edifice.
(b) Through the woods to the next village.
(c) Matt's cott.
(d) The weaver's shed.
3. What do some of the villagers want to store on Kira's property?
(b) Small children and chickens.
4. What do some of the villagers want to build on Kira's property?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) A weaving shed.
(c) A new cott.
(d) A corral.
5. What about Jamison amazes Kira?
(a) His ability to read.
(b) His speech.
(c) His ability to write.
(d) His intense blue eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Vandara and the other women threaten Kira with in Chapter 2?
2. What gift does Thomas give Kira?
3. What comforts Kira's aching fingers one evening in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 4, what service does Jamison provide Kira?
5. What piece of jewelry of does Kira find in Matt's bundle?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)