|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kira discover is still intact in Chapter 2 when she returns home?
(a) Her loom.
(b) Her garden.
(c) Her cott.
(d) Her well.
2. Where does Kira decide to go on her first morning in the Edifice?
(a) To the weaver's shed.
(b) To the next village.
(c) To a stream to wash up.
(d) Back to her old cott.
3. What comforts Kira as she falls asleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
(a) Thoughts of her father.
(b) The sounds of the night.
(c) An embroidered scrap of cloth.
(d) The smell of her mother's cloth.
4. What comforts Kira's aching fingers one evening in Chapter 9?
(a) Rubbing them in wool.
(b) Her embroidered scrap of cloth.
(c) Warm water from the bath.
(d) Ointment from her mother's belongings.
5. Why do Vandara and the other women think Kira is useless?
(a) Because Kira is crippled.
(b) Because Kira is unmarried.
(c) Because Kira cannot cook.
(d) Because Kira has no visible talents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Thomas give Kira?
2. How is Vandara dressed as she presents herself before the Council of Guardians?
3. Where will the weaver with the broken arm probably be sent?
4. Who is waiting for Kira inside the Edifice in Chapter 6?
5. How did Kira's father reportedly die?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)