|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kira learn the rituals of ceremony that are expected before the Council of Guardians?
(a) By reading about the rituals.
(b) By guessing.
(c) By listening to her mother.
(d) By watching similar events in the past.
2. How is Vandara dressed as she presents herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is dressed in white linen.
(b) She is wearing an elaborately embroidered gown.
(c) She is dirty and barefoot.
(d) She is wearing a brightly colored smock.
3. What does Kira discover is still intact in Chapter 2 when she returns home?
(a) Her loom.
(b) Her well.
(c) Her cott.
(d) Her garden.
4. Who is Thomas?
(a) One of the Guardians.
(b) A boy Kira's age who also lives in the Edifice.
(c) A young tender.
(d) Jamison's arch rival.
5. What color dye does Annabella not have?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Kira recite as she works?
2. Why do Vandara and the other women think Kira is useless?
3. Where is Kira's father in Chapter 1?
4. What warning does Jamison give Kira about traveling in the woods?
5. By law, what punishment does Kira's society give for murder?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)