|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the large box that the council brings before Kira?
(a) The singer's stole.
(b) The singer's robe.
(c) The singer's cloak.
(d) The singer's hat.
2. Who is Thomas?
(a) One of the Guardians.
(b) Jamison's arch rival.
(c) A young tender.
(d) A boy Kira's age who also lives in the Edifice.
3. What does Kira do when Vandara and the village women leave?
(a) She cries.
(b) She makes plans for the future.
(c) She throws a rock.
(d) She runs away.
4. What does Kira plan to do in Chapter 1 once she returns to the home she shared with her mother?
(a) Salvage anything not destroyed by the fire and rebuild her home.
(b) Unpack her loom and begin weaving.
(c) Salvage anything not taken by the villagers.
(d) Pack her belongings and search for her father.
5. What is the woman in the garden doing in Chapter 2?
(a) Stealing flowers.
(b) Digging potatoes.
(c) Stealing carrots.
(d) Hoeing weeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one tender assist Kira with on her first morning in the Edifice?
2. What do Vandara and the other women threaten Kira with in Chapter 2?
3. What is the Ruin Song?
4. Why does Kira only eat half of her meal provided during the trial in Chapter 4?
5. What does Matt fear Kira might be while living in the Edifice?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)