|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to village custom, what happens to a person's property once he or she dies from illness?
(a) All property and possessions are divided among the villagers.
(b) All property and possessions are divided among relatives.
(c) The Council of Guardians collects one-tenth of the property.
(d) All property and possessions are burned.
2. What are Matt and his friends doing while Kira is on trial?
(a) Praying that Kira will not be put in the Field of Leaving.
(b) Planning Kira's escape.
(c) Gathering saplings to make her a new cott.
(d) Cooking a meal for Kira.
3. Which council member knew Kira's father?
4. By law, what punishment does Kira's society give for murder?
(a) 40 lashes with a whip.
(b) Death of the murderer.
(d) Imprisionment for life.
5. How did Kira's father reportedly die?
(a) He drowned in the river while he was fishing.
(b) Beasts attacked him and dragged him away while he was hunting.
(c) He fell out of a boat and drowned.
(d) He fell off a cliff while he was hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the villagers regard Kira with contempt?
2. What is the woman in the garden doing in Chapter 2?
3. What does Matt fear Kira might be while living in the Edifice?
4. How do the members of the council respond to Kira's ritual actions in Chapter 3?
5. Where will the weaver with the broken arm probably be sent?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)