|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cuts Vandara off midway through her accusation?
(a) The council.
2. Where does Kira travel at mid-morning in Chapter 3?
(a) Matt's cott.
(b) Through the woods to the next village.
(c) The Council Edifice.
(d) The weaver's shed.
3. Why isn't Matt allowed to enter the Field of Leaving?
(a) He has no relatives currently in the Field.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He does not belong to the village.
(d) He was born under an unlucky omen.
4. What does Jamison question Kira about in Chapter 5?
(a) Her memories of her father.
(b) Her friend, Matt.
(c) Her knowledge of reading and writing.
(d) Her skills and the training she received from her mother.
5. What does Jamison do while Vandara is presenting her accusation?
(c) Watches Kira.
(d) Takes notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Vandara and the other women think Kira is useless?
2. According to local law, who may be appointed to defend Kira?
3. Who is Kira thinking of as she drifts off to sleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
4. What does Kira have in her new room that was not in her cott?
5. What is brought to Kira's room on her first morning in the Edifice?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)