|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kira plan to do in Chapter 1 once she returns to the home she shared with her mother?
(a) Salvage anything not destroyed by the fire and rebuild her home.
(b) Salvage anything not taken by the villagers.
(c) Pack her belongings and search for her father.
(d) Unpack her loom and begin weaving.
2. What other object of her mother's does Kira find in Matt's bundle?
(a) Her Bible.
(b) Her wedding ring.
(c) Her threading frame.
(d) Her diary.
3. What does Matt question Kira about in Chapter 1?
(a) Her mother's death.
(b) Her property.
(c) The council's decision.
(d) The Field of Leaving.
4. What is worn during the singing of the Ruin Song?
(a) The singer's robe.
(b) The singer's stole.
(c) The singer's cloak.
(d) The singer's hat.
5. By law, what punishment does Kira's society give for murder?
(a) Imprisionment for life.
(b) Death of the murderer.
(d) 40 lashes with a whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cuts Vandara off midway through her accusation?
2. What do the weavers offer Kira at the end of Chapter 5?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Kira in the Field of Leaving?
4. What shocks Kira about her new accommodations in the Edifice?
5. Which character is allowed to speak first before the Council of Guardians in Chapter 3?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)