|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kira only eat half of her meal provided during the trial in Chapter 4?
(a) She saves half of her meal for later.
(b) She has been accused of eating too much.
(c) She shares some of her meal with Matt.
(d) She is too nervous to eat.
2. Why does Matt take some of Kira's belongings in Chapter 5?
(a) To sell them and earn money for Kira's defense.
(b) To save them from being burned.
(c) It is a part of the village's custom.
(d) Because the Council ordered him to take her property to the Edifice.
3. What does Vandara tell Kira in Chapter 2?
(a) She should leave the weaver's shed.
(b) Kira should run from the Council of Guardians.
(c) She will keep Kira as a daughter.
(d) She has claimed Kira's property.
4. What comforts Kira as she falls asleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
(a) An embroidered scrap of cloth.
(b) The sounds of the night.
(c) Thoughts of her father.
(d) The smell of her mother's cloth.
5. In Chapter 4, what service does Jamison provide Kira?
(a) He gives her water.
(b) He serves as her defender.
(c) He advises her defender.
(d) He provides her with lodging.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Kira inside the Edifice in Chapter 6?
2. What does Jamison do while Vandara is presenting her accusation?
3. In Chapter 3, when does the messenger arrive for Kira?
4. What does Kira intend to do with the stains on her mother's skirt?
5. What does Kira do when she is threatened by Vandara and the other women in Chapter 2?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)